Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1429039 times)

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #13000 on: April 24, 2019, 09:51:07 pm »
Fernandinho injury for City could be significant for the last three games. They have struggled without him before, and also possible that De Bruyne could miss another couple. Both are big losses. Not over yet.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13001 on: April 24, 2019, 09:51:27 pm »
Spurs was the game in where the chance went by. They had the chances but weren't clinical enough. If Son squares it to Moura in the 2nd minute, Spurs lead and hang on for at least a draw.

The stars just didn't align once again. Always seem like it's not meant to be.

Offline hwieniawski

• Kopite
« Reply #13002 on: April 24, 2019, 09:51:41 pm »
Not going to lie, this team has been fantastic, but in my opinion as soon as we went to United and played the way we did, we gave up the title. Illogical perhaps, but it felt like an admission of a lack of confidence and ruthlessness on our part. Not to be too negative, this team has been fantastic and continues to be, but that felt like a real turning point for me
juve e liverpool amici per sempre

You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13003 on: April 24, 2019, 09:51:51 pm »
Tonight is a great example of what we're up against. Fernandinho comes off injured so they just bring Sane on (and he scores). How on earth do we compete against a club with two first teams?

Well we have this season, with a team that you can easily see the need to improve on.

We still feel like a project at points, and we can do this season? While looking natural too. Not a fluke, not a one off, looking like we belong. Like we are this good.

How do you compete? Do what we are doing right now that's how
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 09:53:25 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13004 on: April 24, 2019, 09:52:09 pm »
Yeah cos they’ve dropped a shit load of points since January haven’t they. You honestly think the mighty Leicester, Burnley and Brighton will take points of them. Cos you’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you do.

Just because you are so keen to concede doesn't mean everyone else has to.

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13005 on: April 24, 2019, 09:53:09 pm »
Not going to lie, this team has been fantastic, but in my opinion as soon as we went to United and played the way we did, we gave up the title. Illogical perhaps, but it felt like an admission of a lack of confidence and ruthlessness on our part. Not to be too negative, this team has been fantastic and continues to be, but that felt like a real turning point for me

Nonsense, you don't end up with this many points if you are lacking in confidence and ruthlessness. Potentially could be 97 points in the end and you're talking about lacking confidence?

You can't win every game. It's not PES or FIFA. What we've done is exceptional.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13006 on: April 24, 2019, 09:54:12 pm »
Pretty annoying how someone always decides to have the season of their life whenever we get in a position to win it lol. Still, this isn’t over by a long shot. Just keep going and see where we end up.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13007 on: April 24, 2019, 09:54:28 pm »
Nonsense, you don't end up with this many points if you are lacking in confidence and ruthlessness. Potentially could be 97 points in the end and you're talking about lacking confidence?

We've been fantastic, even if we don't win anything this season can still be considered a success. There's a strength in this team that wasn't present in our previous title challenges in recent seasons.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #13008 on: April 24, 2019, 09:54:30 pm »
Brendan also....not fucking about here

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #13009 on: April 24, 2019, 09:54:47 pm »
All we can do is win our games and get those 97 points - which is a ridiculous amount if you think about it. We probably won't win it but I reckon we can do it next season. It's still up to us in the Champions League.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #13010 on: April 24, 2019, 09:54:52 pm »
Look on the bright side, United are fucking shit and will be troubling the Europa League, Thurs-Sunday fixtures, and players wondering if they really want to go there with a placeholder manager and a long term project.

And there are three more games to go. We win ours, that's all we can do.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #13011 on: April 24, 2019, 09:55:05 pm »
City have been immense since our wobble earlier this year. No point in looking back and beating ourselves up over draws that should have been victories. All we can do is aim for 9 points and see where that takes us. It's been a phenomenal effort by the team and bear in mind that Klopp has improved us season on season so who knows where next season takes us!

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #13012 on: April 24, 2019, 09:55:11 pm »
Anyone who doesn't believe we can win the title and has a ticket for any of the rest of our league games then please give me your ticket as I still believe and I'll be using that belief to cheer the team on and you can watch in the pub like me!

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #13013 on: April 24, 2019, 09:55:34 pm »
Out of all Citys remaining fixtures the one that sticks out is their final match against Brighton. Call me insane but that is the match that the miracle might happen for me. Brighton scrapping with Cardiff for the final relegation spot. You can at least expect them to be fighting tooth and nail.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13014 on: April 24, 2019, 09:55:39 pm »
Pretty annoying how someone always decides to have the season of their life whenever we get in a position to win it lol. Still, this isn’t over by a long shot. Just keep going and see where we end up.

They've had a slightly poorer season than they did last season. We'll be back again next season anyway no matter what happens and no matter how much City hope against it.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13015 on: April 24, 2019, 09:55:40 pm »
Tonight is a great example of what we're up against. Fernandinho comes off injured so they just bring Sane on (and he scores). How on earth do we compete against a club with two first teams?

One point behind with three games to go and European Cup semi-finalists, is that not competing?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 09:58:39 pm by number 168 »

Offline hwieniawski

• Kopite
« Reply #13016 on: April 24, 2019, 09:55:41 pm »

I know, and I agree, as I said it's not necessarily logical. But for me that felt like a huge missed opportunity to make a statement. At least against West Ham etc we played a team that made an effort. Against United, my god, I've never seen them so shit and/or decimated by injuries, and yet we played at half-tempo
juve e liverpool amici per sempre

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #13017 on: April 24, 2019, 09:56:36 pm »

That's all we can do. I thought Burnley still needed a point but looked at the table before and they don't unless Cardiff beat someone 37 - 0 or something. Still reckon it's a tough game though.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13018 on: April 24, 2019, 09:56:38 pm »
My mind is on the Barca tie.

Let's win the CL.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13019 on: April 24, 2019, 09:56:54 pm »
I know, and I agree, as I said it's not necessarily logical. But for me that felt like a huge missed opportunity to make a statement. At least against West Ham etc we played a team that made an effort. Against United, my god, I've never seen them so shit and/or decimated by injuries, and yet we played at half-tempo

You can say that for any other 6 games we drew in.

Chelsea won the league with 95 points and it's one of the best sides in the last 20 years.

Keep it in context.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13020 on: April 24, 2019, 09:57:35 pm »
It's done IMO. Burnley, Leicester and Brighton aren't easy opponents but when you've done what city have done in getting into this position, you don't give it away against teams of that level. 

Regrets for us with that little spell of draws and whether we could've gone after United and Everton a bit more but we've been incredible overall, and should city get over the line we'll have to hold our hands up and get ready for another fight next season.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #13021 on: April 24, 2019, 09:57:37 pm »
Look on the bright side, United are fucking shit and will be troubling the Europa League, Thurs-Sunday fixtures, and players wondering if they really want to go there with a placeholder manager and a long term project.

And there are three more games to go. We win ours, that's all we can do.

Couldn’t give a shit about United.
They were done as soon as Fergie left.
Will be 30 years for them.

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #13022 on: April 24, 2019, 09:58:11 pm »

Let's win the CL.

Mine is on the double.. Its not over until its over!

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #13023 on: April 24, 2019, 09:58:24 pm »

Let's win the CL.

Yep. The league is gone now barring a miracle, the CL is there for the taking.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #13024 on: April 24, 2019, 09:58:31 pm »
Just win on Friday and make them win again. That’s all we can do.

Whatever happens we have been absolutely immense in the league this season. Insanely good. Fuck City and what they stand for.
Internet terrorist

Offline jameslfc1997

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13025 on: April 24, 2019, 09:59:25 pm »
Never over till it's over. Keep fighting and you never know but we have to keep in touch to have a chance.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13026 on: April 24, 2019, 09:59:46 pm »

Whatever happens we have been absolutely immense in the league this season. Insanely good. Fuck City and what they stand for.

Exactly right! This is not over yet!

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13027 on: April 24, 2019, 09:59:51 pm »
The pressure is on them not us. Just keep winning and irritating them

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13028 on: April 24, 2019, 09:59:52 pm »
Fair play to city - the difference in goal difference tells it's own story - they have been the best team this season. Too many draws have killed us - hope we will get a creative midfielder in the summer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13029 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:02 pm »

Let's win the CL.

It’s a completely valid opinion to have  :)

But please, if that’s what you think then just treat yourselves to staying in those CL threads and spare those who don’t think drawing a football match is a miracle.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13030 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:11 pm »
It's done IMO. Burnley, Leicester and Brighton aren't easy opponents but when you've done what city have done in getting into this position, you don't give it away against teams of that level. 

Regrets for us with that little spell of draws and whether we could've gone after United and Everton a bit more but we've been incredible overall, and should city get over the line we'll have to hold our hands up and get ready for another fight next season.

Bollox it is. City aren't a machine. It's not over by a long shot.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13031 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:12 pm »
Frustrating watching that.  Been like that for the past 6 weeks or so, bar the spurs cl games.
No team seems to be even in with a chance against them recently in the league
Apart from ourselves every other team are afraid of them, possibly rightly so with their movement etc but these are professional footballers, no excuses in my eyes for every team they face game after game just rolling over for them.

This was supposed to be the mancs turning up after a drubbing, that was embarrassing. If we had played like that I’d be ashamed.

Our players must be shaking their heads aswell thinking what do we have to do here
Lose 1 game all season , injury time winners, record points totals etc etc.

Offline adzogolonzo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13032 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:21 pm »
God United are awful.

Burnley could be the banana skin or that could just be hope.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13033 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:25 pm »

We have been starting off slowly all season long and so far its got us a record number of points. He has done this on purpose as before we were not finishing strongly at the end of the season, now we are. We had chances that game to score but were not ruthless enough. That is why we didn't win. That happens in football, lets see where are come the end of the season. There could still be another twist ahead.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13034 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:31 pm »
Make them fight until the last second for it, don't let them have any time to breathe, if they're going to win it, they're going have to do so until the last whistle of the last game. Keep winning.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13035 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:33 pm »
Win number 6 the league is overrated anyway.

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Kopite
« Reply #13036 on: April 24, 2019, 10:00:46 pm »

Perfect summary mate

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #13037 on: April 24, 2019, 10:01:00 pm »
Burnley is the last hope we have. City will have a week break for the Leicester and Brighton matches.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13038 on: April 24, 2019, 10:01:26 pm »

Way i see it too. Dropped points in the middle of a season, but not now when you're in the midst of a title run-in.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13039 on: April 24, 2019, 10:01:41 pm »
Fair play to city - the difference in goal difference tells it's own story - they have been the best team this season. Too many draws have killed us - hope we will get a creative midfielder in the summer

Nothing has killed us. City just have unlimited funds. If we don't win the league this season I don't think we ever will.