Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 294122 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #1040 on: October 2, 2018, 12:21:10 am »
1. Sevilla goal
2. Yesterday's goal
3. WBA Goal

I think the Villa dribble should be top 3, but can't work out where. The two footedness, and then having the speed of thought to decide to lift it (and to do it with his left off stride) is just amazing technique. Very similar in style to the Salah goal against Spurs at Anfield last season. Though Salah's was against better players, I think Sturridge's was harder

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: October 2, 2018, 01:09:20 am »
I think the Villa dribble should be top 3, but can't work out where. The two footedness, and then having the speed of thought to decide to lift it (and to do it with his left off stride) is just amazing technique. Very similar in style to the Salah goal against Spurs at Anfield last season. Though Salah's was against better players, I think Sturridge's was harder
I can do that in my bedroom with a softball. It's made out of sponges. My curtains are the nets, obviously. I'm really really good. Don't think my neighbor downstairs is happy though. I probably shouldn't shout after each goal.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: October 2, 2018, 05:44:19 am »
I think I have seen the Chelsea goal over 20 times already!

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1043 on: October 2, 2018, 08:58:39 am »
1. Sevilla goal
2. Yesterday's goal
3. WBA Goal

maaaaaaate.....

the lob in the derby where he and suarez stood side by side in celebration. THAT has to be in there surely??

Love Sturridge btw. Have all the time in the world for him and couldn't be happier he is making good contributions so far. Hope he stays fit
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: October 2, 2018, 11:28:16 am »
1. Sevilla goal
2. Yesterday's goal
3. WBA Goal

WBA
Sevilla
Chelsea

For me.

That chip is just sublime. Absolutely perfect, and crafted/designed about 3 touches before being executed. One of my favourite Liverpool goals, ever.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1045 on: October 2, 2018, 12:21:12 pm »
just watched all mentioned goals on youtube again. Yep...those three were exceptional

i'd go
1.Sevilla - unbelievable finish. and in a final +1
2.WBA chip - ridiculous presence of mind and technique
3. Chelsea - perfectly executed
4. Everton chip - smart and hillarious  ;D
5. Aston Villa - the one where he goes in and out...just the cheek of it!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: October 2, 2018, 01:13:14 pm »
maaaaaaate.....

the lob in the derby where he and suarez stood side by side in celebration. THAT has to be in there surely??

Love Sturridge btw. Have all the time in the world for him and couldn't be happier he is making good contributions so far. Hope he stays fit

One of my favorite goals ever.

When asked about the celebration after he had a brilliant line as well - sometimes You just need to stop and let them know what time it is or something like that.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: October 2, 2018, 01:24:08 pm »
One of my favorite goals ever.

When asked about the celebration after he had a brilliant line as well - sometimes You just need to stop and let them know what time it is or something like that.

Yup one of my favorite derby goals.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1048 on: October 2, 2018, 02:01:49 pm »
Have you guys seen that small time Virgin Media poster with Sturridge as The Equalizer?

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #1049 on: October 2, 2018, 11:33:56 pm »
A few? He was the league's second highest scorer only behind our own Luis. We'd be fucked without him that season.

Also had a better goals per game ration that season especially 2nd half of the season

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1050 on: October 3, 2018, 09:03:32 am »
Behind only Defoe and Giroud as the Premiership's most prolific subs and behind only Fairclough as Liverpool's most prolific sub.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: October 3, 2018, 10:13:04 am »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1047375446323732480

What a player.

All 50 goals in 2 mins.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #1052 on: October 3, 2018, 01:49:48 pm »
Really hope he gets a new contract, cannot think of a better back up striker in the League.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: October 3, 2018, 02:56:33 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1047375446323732480

What a player.

All 50 goals in 2 mins.

More headers than I'd have guessed. But he scores all sorts.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: October 3, 2018, 03:27:27 pm »
More headers than I'd have guessed. But he scores all sorts.
In isolation a lot of those goals are MOTD "bad defending" as he's all alone in the penalty area.  Put them all together though and it shows that he's a proper elusive centre-forward.

Get the balls into decent areas and there's every chance he'll be there and the opposing defenders won't have a clue that he is.

There didn't seem to be all that many speedgoals(tm).

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: October 3, 2018, 03:34:09 pm »
Wonderful article on the official site about Sturridge. He sat down with one of the club's writers for an in-depth interview. I won't post the whole article so people can go out and read it, but here are some snippets. Impossible to not love this guy. Link below.

Back-to-back goals against Chelsea last week mean none of his teammates can better his tally of four so far this term – already more than he achieved for Liverpool last season.

And all this as he adapts to a new role.

“The position I’m playing now isn’t the old position I was playing. In the past, I’ve been a No.9 making runs behind, whereas now it’s more a No.10 than it was,” says Sturridge, whose goal ratio for the Reds remains just shy of one-in-two – 67 in 140 games.

Off the pitch, charitable endeavours that go unpublicised by design are borne out of his own experiences in childhood, his understanding of supporters built from having been one himself.

“As a footballer, we’re blessed to be in the position we’re in, where we can afford to do the majority of things we want to do and we’re in privileged positions where people treat us with respect the majority of the time. I don’t take that for granted because I have come from an environment where I didn’t have the privileges I have,” he opens up as the interview draws to a close.

“I’ve always appreciated the love they have shown me and the love I get in the city. They don’t have to have open arms for anybody. I know this club is passionate and the fans are passionate, I’ve got so much respect for the club. It’s a family club.

“I’m grateful for all the love I’ve got and I’m just looking forward to the future.”

LINK:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/319274-daniel-sturridge-liverpool-interview?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=TwitterCards&utm_content=Digital&utm_campaign=LFCTwitterCards
« Last Edit: October 3, 2018, 03:35:47 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: October 3, 2018, 03:51:51 pm »
In isolation a lot of those goals are MOTD "bad defending" as he's all alone in the penalty area.  Put them all together though and it shows that he's a proper elusive centre-forward.

Get the balls into decent areas and there's every chance he'll be there and the opposing defenders won't have a clue that he is.

He is not explosive as he once was, but the anticipation, the ability to evade defenders and the predatory instincts are still there.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: October 3, 2018, 06:02:44 pm »

Probably because you're missing the build up play of how he got in to those positions. A lot of them he's already been so quick that he's bought am extra half second to set himself and that's made all the difference. I don't think he'd have the speed or agility to score that palace goal or the Villa one anymore. As a side note I have noticed he tends not to lace shots anymore.

However he is a world class talent and if we can use him effectively he will play a massive role for us over the course of the season, he's the coolest in the squad in tense pressure situations. He doesn't let the occasion get the better of his technique and ability.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: October 4, 2018, 10:47:59 am »
I think the goal he'd struggle to score now is the Cardiff one and the first in his double against Everton. Oh and the one where he burned Koschielny. Those all came about because he was explosive off the mark and could maintain his top speed over 30-40 yards.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: October 4, 2018, 12:58:41 pm »
Really hope he's not in the England squad later.

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #1060 on: October 4, 2018, 02:37:54 pm »
Hope he starts against City, he is our most inform attacker and really do fancy him to score whenever he plays.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1061 on: October 4, 2018, 02:40:35 pm »

He's not :)

No Lallana either, thank fuck. Leave the two of them alone when the flurry of injuries happens this weekend too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: October 4, 2018, 02:41:45 pm »
Hope he starts against City, he is our most inform attacker and really do fancy him to score whenever he plays.

Unfortunately for him, starting is not going to happen in this type of game. Pressing is essential against City and doing that at a high intensity, is not something that Daniel can do, and we need to do it from kick off, which is why Firmino will start and rightfully so.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1063 on: October 4, 2018, 02:43:00 pm »

Looks like he's dodged it  ;D

Only seen the headlines mind, but they make a big thing about the cubic zirconium being back but no Sturridge blurb  ;)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1064 on: October 4, 2018, 03:10:52 pm »
He's not :)

No Lallana either, thank fuck. Leave the two of them alone when the flurry of injuries happens this weekend too.

Some common sense

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1065 on: October 7, 2018, 04:07:17 pm »
The best thing about Danny’s goal at Chelsea was the when Jorginho drops to his knees as it sails in
« Last Edit: October 8, 2018, 03:18:51 am by harleydanger »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: October 8, 2018, 12:32:54 am »
He was pretty decent in his 10-15 mins today - was tracking back and holding up the ball well. He's a little loose in his dribbling I saw today - wish he had a chance to test the keeper.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: October 8, 2018, 01:12:53 am »
Good to see his confidence improving and it was showing in his general play. Did reasonably well in his short stint but I think he needs a bit more game time after the international break and to freshen up our attack. There have been a string of extremely intense games and I accept that this has played a part in taking the sharpness off the current front 3 but we need to integrate Sturridge and Shaqiri more in the upcoming games so that we've got more options six months from now when we're approaching the end of the season and hopefully competing for trophies still.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1068 on: October 8, 2018, 07:55:13 am »
Need to be used more because the current front three look tired. I'm also a little worried that Sturridge will become a jaded and wonder what has to happen for him to start a game. Sturridge has started two games this season. One when Firmino got poked in the eye and the other was the League Cup. Despite that he somehow has 4 goals.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2018, 08:02:16 am by spider-neil »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1069 on: October 8, 2018, 08:10:57 am »
Need to be used more because the current front three look tired. I'm also a little worried that Sturridge will become a jaded and wonder what has to happen for him to start a game. Sturridge has started two games this season. One when Firmino got poked in the eye and the other was the League Cup. Despite that he somehow has 4 goals.

The 'somehow' is that we've used him how he needs to be used, in games where we're prepared to take a bit of a hit in pressing from the front. That's the whole point, and if we start getting itchy trigger fingers and he starts playing loads of minutes the chances are he'll break down again and we'll be left with Solanke/Origi as back up instead.

What we're doing is working.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1070 on: October 8, 2018, 08:42:24 am »
The 'somehow' is that we've used him how he needs to be used, in games where we're prepared to take a bit of a hit in pressing from the front. That's the whole point, and if we start getting itchy trigger fingers and he starts playing loads of minutes the chances are he'll break down again and we'll be left with Solanke/Origi as back up instead.

What we're doing is working.
No.

We want him, the Cube, Mane, Bobby,  Mo, Fabinho and Keita all on at the same time. And Milner and Gini and VVD and Gomez and Robbie and TAA.

We demand it because we paid good money for them and they're wasted not playing.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1071 on: October 8, 2018, 08:47:40 am »
In the games we have coming up, like Huddersfield and Cardiff, where we can expect teams to sit deep and defend, he could be very useful in unlocking them. Either with smart short passing in and around the box or with shots from distance. He's so clever with the ball and has got good vision and technique.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #1072 on: October 10, 2018, 09:15:01 am »
Had a lot of personal problems, so been away from football last few weeks.

Got round to seeing his goal against Chelsea, last night.

WOW!! That's the sort of shot that you just go for broke at the end. Gerrard in Cardiff, or Lovren against Villa at Wembley.

And wow did it work!!! So happy for him personally. Great lad.

Online Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: October 10, 2018, 11:32:12 am »
Had a lot of personal problems, so been away from football last few weeks.

Got round to seeing his goal against Chelsea, last night.

WOW!! That's the sort of shot that you just go for broke at the end. Gerrard in Cardiff, or Lovren against Villa at Wembley.

And wow did it work!!! So happy for him personally. Great lad.

Hope you're OK.
Always a bit scared when I see new posts to a Sturridge thread, even during an international break when he hasn't been called up  ;)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1074 on: October 19, 2018, 06:57:32 am »
The papers are reporting that he’s going to sign a contract extension.....!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: October 19, 2018, 07:10:11 am »

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers (which papers?).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: October 19, 2018, 11:09:34 am »
Can’t see it myself. And even if we do intend to offer him a contract surely it wouldn’t be this early in the season. You’d think that we’d let his contract run down and we’d sign a replacement in the summer or Brewster would take his spot in the squad if he progresses well.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1077 on: October 19, 2018, 11:10:21 am »

Coming from the shitty rag isn't it?

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: October 19, 2018, 11:53:54 am »
His previous contract is quite heavily incentivised based on fitness isn't it? If there's any truth in it, it may just be reconfiguring the deal now he's proven his short - medium term fitness.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1079 on: October 19, 2018, 07:14:11 pm »
Coming from the shitty rag isn't it?
I can’t remember  which paper it was (it was last night).

But I wouldn’t have posted from that paper so it wasn’t them... 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W