Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 294956 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #920 on: September 29, 2018, 08:40:55 pm »
BBC out doing themselves. Saying he scored from 30 yards and 25 in the same article. Guess they got confused when they were all set to join the Hazard wankathon, but then Sturridge happened 8)

Which article was that? To be fair, that goal was so good it probably wrecked their minds for a while! ;D

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: September 29, 2018, 08:44:43 pm »
Pissed.

Just wanted to say

I love you Daniel

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: September 29, 2018, 08:45:09 pm »
Can't quite put into words how happy i am for Daniel,he's still got that special element despite injuries stripping him of his lightning pace.

That kind of strike can't be taught,the amount of power he puts in those shots is incredible and with no backlift so the goalie can't react in time,mesmerising to watch.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: September 29, 2018, 08:45:37 pm »
Stunning.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: September 29, 2018, 08:46:15 pm »
Which article was that? To be fair, that goal was so good it probably wrecked their minds for a while! ;D

They've changed it. McNulty's article. The first mention said 30 yards. They must be reading Rawk :)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: September 29, 2018, 08:53:22 pm »
I love this guy. Wish our fans warmed to him as much. Top talent and lovely guy.
YNWA.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #926 on: September 29, 2018, 08:53:33 pm »
Would love for Sturridge to come on for one of the forward three at 60 mins every match and take advantage of tired opposition legs. As well as resting one of our front 3.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #927 on: September 29, 2018, 09:03:11 pm »
He's on fire since day one of pre-season. It'll be impossible to keep ignoring him. Massive headache for Klopp how to incorporate this guy into the team.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: September 29, 2018, 09:23:28 pm »
So made up for Daniel. As much as I love out front 3 none of them is a better finisher than Studge. He’s really knocking on the door now to start.

Really need to get our shit together in terms of finishing and decision making at important moments or city will hand our collective asses to us next Sunday.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: September 29, 2018, 09:28:06 pm »
He should definitely get more game time as the front 3 seem a bit off this season from last but if he does get more games, you have to worry about him breaking down again.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: September 29, 2018, 09:29:32 pm »
Just before he received the ball I had an inkling he was going to shoot, something to do with his body shape, or the way he looked up, or maybe just the fact that he’s Daniel Sturridge, I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it just looked like he was thinking about it.  To my eternal shame I shouted “No, don’t shoot from there for fu...”.  Didn’t finish the sentence, or rather I did, but it didn’t end how I thought it would when I started it.

What do I know, eh?

Well in Danny.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: September 29, 2018, 09:32:16 pm »
He’s perfect off the bench though, he’s becoming the super sub, he brings a dynamic to our game that our oponents can’t read. In fact even we can’t hes that good when he’s on form and it looks efortless.
Like the goal in the Europa final, pin point, laser guided precision.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #932 on: September 29, 2018, 09:35:51 pm »
He should definitely get more game time as the front 3 seem a bit off this season from last but if he does get more games, you have to worry about him breaking down again.
He usually breaks down in training, if his general fitness didn't improve he would have broken down by now already anyway regardless of not playing that much in games.

Offline Moos

• Main Stander
« Reply #933 on: September 29, 2018, 09:51:31 pm »
He has adapted his playing style. He should get more game time, not 90 minutes every week, but more than these ultra short cameo's. He is a goal a game player, fucking class. Shit I just got excited again about him, I promised myself I wouldn't anymore  :butt

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: September 29, 2018, 09:52:27 pm »
Is he our joint top scorer now?  Think he has 4 with Mane?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: September 29, 2018, 09:53:49 pm »

He is, yeah.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: September 29, 2018, 09:56:42 pm »

Yes and he has played roughly a third of the minutes.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: September 29, 2018, 10:27:42 pm »
needs to play more now...

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: September 29, 2018, 10:28:24 pm »
This is for you Humungous D  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2cKzOF5YsDo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2cKzOF5YsDo</a>

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: September 29, 2018, 10:34:55 pm »
imagine if he never got his injury problems.... i think he would score a LOT of goals for us....

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: September 29, 2018, 10:35:00 pm »
He is currently scoring at a rate of 2 goals per game.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: September 29, 2018, 10:36:58 pm »
imagine if he never got his injury problems.... i think he would score a LOT of goals for us....
He would have at least 60 England caps and would be spoken of alongside Aguero and Kane as the best in the PL. But this version of Sturridge is also great!

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #942 on: September 29, 2018, 10:40:02 pm »
Get in their ya fuckin dancer

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2CS3Z0gf29I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2CS3Z0gf29I</a>
YNWA

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #943 on: September 29, 2018, 10:40:50 pm »
Danny Champion of the Worldy.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Djimigotamedal

• Main Stander
« Reply #944 on: September 29, 2018, 11:03:08 pm »
Loved that today, hope he doesn’t get an England call up though!

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #945 on: September 29, 2018, 11:05:42 pm »
What a great decision it was to loan him out to WBA last season. He has probably realised he wasn't as priceless as he thought and has come back like a man possessed. Kudos to the Studge.

He could of walked away a very wealthy man but has shown great cajones to put the work in and come back as the best player he could be.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: September 29, 2018, 11:09:39 pm »
In terms of talent and ability, he’s probably the best we have at the club. His injuries have curtailed his progress, but he’s shown how strong he is mentally with this comeback. He could be a huge factor this season. Special player.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
« Reply #947 on: September 29, 2018, 11:23:30 pm »
gotta start on wednesday with bobby looking knackered as well

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #948 on: September 30, 2018, 12:34:04 am »
I always called him the Brummie Rivaldo. The only problem was he had pace back then so he was faster than Rivaldo ever could have dreamed of. Comparison is much more fitting now.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: September 30, 2018, 12:44:19 am »
Simply stunning
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #950 on: September 30, 2018, 12:51:31 am »
Article on his goal-per-minute numbers

Daniel Sturridge: Has the Liverpool forward got his mojo back?
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45695930
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #951 on: September 30, 2018, 01:06:10 am »
He has that special something. The audacity to shoot and the skill to score. He really is a gifted footballer.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #952 on: September 30, 2018, 01:28:03 am »
That goal deserved wiggly arms  :(

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: September 30, 2018, 01:39:00 am »
I honestly thought that when Danny went to West Brom that was absolutely the end of his time at Liverpool and I wasn't really arsed about losing him as a footballer.  He's always seemed a top lad though, so I'm really happy to be so wrong, from both a purely football perspective - because he's still proving a bloody good option to have - and also from a more personal perspective, because it's really nice to see him doing so well after the injury hell that he's been through in the last couple of years.  Really hope the lad can stay fit, for both the club and himself.  Oh, and fucking brilliant goal!   

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: September 30, 2018, 02:16:16 am »
What a great decision it was to loan him out to WBA last season. He has probably realised he wasn't as priceless as he thought and has come back like a man possessed. Kudos to the Studge.

He could of walked away a very wealthy man but has shown great cajones to put the work in and come back as the best player he could be.

I genuinely think that the penny has dropped with him in terms of how well his body can cope with injuries. He went to WBA where they threw him straight into the mix and he got injured immediately. IIRC it was the first major muscle injury he has had in a while. And having returned from there, I think he finally realises that for him to become a top footballer again, his time needs to be managed heavily alongside a change to how he plays the game. He's doing both of that currently and I think the acceptance seems to have had a terrific mental effect on him as suddenly he's using his current skills rather than playing as a hybrid of what he is and what he would have liked to be.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: September 30, 2018, 02:25:45 am »
He said as much himself about how the time at west brom opened his eyes.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: September 30, 2018, 02:26:35 am »
I genuinely think that the penny has dropped with him in terms of how well his body can cope with injuries. He went to WBA where they threw him straight into the mix and he got injured immediately. IIRC it was the first major muscle injury he has had in a while. And having returned from there, I think he finally realises that for him to become a top footballer again, his time needs to be managed heavily alongside a change to how he plays the game. He's doing both of that currently and I think the acceptance seems to have had a terrific mental effect on him as suddenly he's using his current skills rather than playing as a hybrid of what he is and what he would have liked to be.

We need to be mindful that he's also out of contract at the end of this season. I think both parties are out to prove themselves so as to extend his tenure here.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #957 on: September 30, 2018, 02:36:12 am »
What a goal
What a player
What a man

I want to see a front 3 of Mane Sturridge Salah with Firmino playing as a number 10 sometime soon!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: September 30, 2018, 02:57:37 am »
Still bloody buzzing from that goal, made me feel like a kid after seeing that

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: September 30, 2018, 02:58:50 am »
What a goal
What a player
What a man

I want to see a front 3 of Mane Sturridge Salah with Firmino playing as a number 10 sometime soon!
That's for meeting the Huddersfields.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?