Author Topic: UEFA Champions League. Klopp's got a semi  (Read 324238 times)

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UEFA Champions League. Klopp's got a semi
« Reply #4080 on: May 6, 2019, 01:51:56 pm »
Definitely agree with the posters who say it should be Shaqiri, Mane and Origi up front. We'd then have Sturridge on the bench who is capable of producing something from nothing, as well as the amazing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. We'd have whichever midfielder misses out on starting, and even Moreno who is capable of injecting pace if we're really desperate. We can make a decent fight of this.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4081 on: May 6, 2019, 01:52:37 pm »
Moreno? Hahah

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4082 on: May 6, 2019, 01:55:14 pm »
Id be tempted to rest Mane.  :-\

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #4083 on: May 6, 2019, 01:56:44 pm »
If Moreno is a winger in this game then I'm good. Defender? Fuck no.

Go Moreno!! VS FC Barcelona. Keep sending the crosses.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4084 on: May 6, 2019, 01:57:05 pm »
Id be tempted to rest Mane.  :-\

Are you Rodgers in disguise?  ;D

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4085 on: May 6, 2019, 01:57:07 pm »
If Sturridge plays he needs to be more clinical than he was against Newcastle, his shooting was really poor.

It’s always a bit unbalanced when Salah and Sturridge are on the same field. He’ll definitely need to be more clinical (they all need to be to be fair - we should have scored at least 2 goals against them last week).

Main thing is, his lack of defensive contribution needs to be dealt with - so I think we’ll have a change in system, with Gini, Henderson, Milner and Fabinho all playing (maybe Ox for one of them, depending on where Henderson plays).

Let Sturridge concentrate on getting in the box, let Mane run wild, let the fullbacks stay in attack mode as long as possible.

The midfield, on paper, will look very defensive, but that’s because 2 of our best attackers are our fullbacks (they’re actually 2 of the best attacking players in the PL) as opposed to midfielders. Can see Gini and Milner protecting the spaces for the fullbacks to get up, and with Fabinho deep and Henderson as an 8, Sturridge should be able to play primarily on the last man, which suits him to a tee.

Sturridge hasn’t really fit into our team since Mane, Salah and Firmino emerged as one of the best attacking trios in Europe, but with 2 of them out, he’ll need to step up. And for him to be able to do that, we’ll need to play to his strengths, mitigate his weaknesses and give him every chance to go and get goals.

If we go for a similar system to the one we’re used to, I don’t think it’ll work given the Shaq, Origi, Sturridge aren’t able to operate similarly enough to Firmino and Salah in the current system.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4086 on: May 6, 2019, 01:57:54 pm »
I'd be tempted to play like Utd did against Fulham under Moyes - only better  ;D

Mane and Origi are both good with their heads, play Shaq and Trent on the right, Milner and Robbo on the left, and rain the crosses in.

Fuck it, might even be tempted to play Matip and Gomez at the back and put VVD up next to Mane. It wouldn't be pretty, but it would be hilarious.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4087 on: May 6, 2019, 01:59:09 pm »
Moreno? Hahah
Didn't say it was likely or that he'd be starting, or that Klopp will use him - he won't. But he is an option off the bench on the wing in desperate circumstances. He'd have been a better option than Lallana against Real in my opinion for the simple fact that he is quick enough to stretch defences.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4088 on: May 6, 2019, 01:59:40 pm »
Didn't say it was likely or that he'd be starting, or that Klopp will use him - he won't. But he is an option off the bench on the wing in desperate circumstances. He'd have been a better option than Lallana against Real in my opinion for the simple fact that he is quick enough to stretch defences.

Means nothing if you can't do anything with the pace.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4089 on: May 6, 2019, 02:01:25 pm »
Just focus on winning the game and shaq in mO’s position and Origi leading the line can give them some problems. Ball in the box and more physical duels.

Sturridge will be too slow for this. It’s such bad timing but I’d be tempted to give ox a good few mins somewhere too.

Also Just seen klopps quote about failing in the most beautiful way, not sure even he thinks we can go through

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: May 6, 2019, 02:01:42 pm »

Offline Cu Chulainn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4091 on: May 6, 2019, 02:01:42 pm »
Well, he's not the best footballer in the world, but I don't think you'd want any professional footballer on the ball with time and space behind your defence, so he'd still have to be defended against.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #4092 on: May 6, 2019, 02:01:59 pm »
Moreno in defence?

It would get awful Messy
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4093 on: May 6, 2019, 02:07:25 pm »
Klopp quotes from the press conference via EnriqueMuller on Reddit - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=340479.4080;last_msg=16613552

Klopp on Mo Salah and Firmino: "Both are not available."

Klopp: "It's been a long season and there's the chance to make it a little bit longer. We have two home games to celebrate an incredible performance."

Klopp on City tonight:
"Around 10pm I'll probably know about the result. We played against Newcastle, unbelievably intense game. Let's see what Leicester can do."

Klopp on Salah:

"Precaution? No, it's a concussion, which means he is not allowed to play. He feels OK, but it is not good enough from a medical point of view."

“He can play at the weekend.”

Klopp: "I'd imagine this place will be rocking. We not only have to score, we have to deny Barcelona from scoring. We know how big the challenge is. We will try 100%. The result didn't help a lot - 3-0 down."

Klopp: "The last 5 minutes are enough to score 3, that's how it is. Let's give it a try with all we have."

Klopp: "Two of the world's best strikers are not available and we have to score four goals against Barcelona. That doesn't make life easy, but we will try. If we can't do it, let's fail in the most beautiful way."

Klopp: "It will be our 3rd game in 6 days, Barcelona changed their team at the weekend - that's a massive difference. The boys have shown often enough that they don't give up."

Klopp: "We have to be ready for 95 mins or even more, we have to be really good in defending and we have to score. To be really powerful and direct."

Klopp: "Wherever Messi is, he will be difficult to deal with. If you take risks against Barcelona they punish you. You have to be solid all of the time."

"They [Roma last season after defeating Barcelona in the quarter-finals] had 3-1 away. They scored an away goal that we didn’t do.”

“It gives us that hope. I don’t want to sit here and give any reason to the Barcelona players to be any more motivated though.”

Klopp says there is hope, if Liverpool are clinical:
"In football you always have a chance, but if you get one against Barcelona then you have to use it."

Klopp asked if he spoke to Messi at Camp Nou:

"I don't know if I said something, really. At that moment, I might have said 'why did you do that?!'"

Klopp on dealing with Messi: "It looks like we have to be perfect. It should be a football party. It's possible it's our last CL game of the season so let's celebrate it with our legs and our lungs."

Klopp says fans are key to any chance v Barca: "Creating an atmosphere using an atmosphere, celebrate the occasion with good football, celebrate good football. It is not likely but possible."

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4094 on: May 6, 2019, 02:07:59 pm »
Just seen Klopp's pre match presser - have rarely seen him look that downbeat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4095 on: May 6, 2019, 02:08:51 pm »
Just seen Klopp's pre match presser - have rarely seen him look that downbeat

3 goals down, down 3 players, two of your best ones, while Barca have been fully rested, yea it's hard to be upbeat.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4096 on: May 6, 2019, 02:10:04 pm »
Only positive with mo and bob being out is the likes of shaq and big div should be pretty fresh to press the fuck out of barca, and in all honesty I’d say we are a better side than the Roma side who beat them 3-0 last year with those injuries
« Last Edit: May 6, 2019, 02:11:51 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4097 on: May 6, 2019, 02:13:35 pm »
3 goals down, down 3 players, two of your best ones, while Barca have been fully rested, yea it's hard to be upbeat.

Of course its fair enough. The lack of bull sh*t from Klopp in the presser was refreshing and encouraging as players will probably see through that 

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4098 on: May 6, 2019, 02:14:23 pm »
Only positive with mo and bob being out is the likes of shaq and big div should be pretty fresh to press the fuck out of barca, and in all honesty I’d say we are a better side than the Roma side who beat them 3-0 last year with those injuries

We are but the main thing is that

1. They scored an away goal
2. barca underestimated them
3. They had their best players available

We aren't in the same position. Barca having experienced that result last year will make them more cautious, however the hope is that they aren't as focused since both Mane and Firmino are out.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: May 6, 2019, 02:15:24 pm »

And hopefully an even bigger positive will be that Bobby and Salah will be fitter to hopefully (fingers crossed Leicester can do a job) get the win that wins us the title.

I think at this point it would be a bigger surprise to me if we progressed to the final than if we won the league.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4100 on: May 6, 2019, 02:20:06 pm »
Divok is fucking locked on for a statue, a big fuck off brass one the size of a Heisei era Godzilla
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4101 on: May 6, 2019, 02:20:19 pm »
1-0 at halftime would set up a tasty second half

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #4102 on: May 6, 2019, 02:34:02 pm »
1-0 at halftime would set up a tasty second half

3-0 would as well.  ;D
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4103 on: May 6, 2019, 02:36:41 pm »
Imagine half an hour before the game checking the line-up, Salah is on the bench and
Klopp is grinning walking toward the dugout with an evil face, "Fuck you Barca... Hehe...".

I'm going to laugh like a mad bastard if that is the case. I would do that if I'm Klopp. Hahahhaha!!!
The whole Anfield will be roaring.

It'd be nice, but just not happening. The minute I saw the replay I was pretty certain he'd have concussion and be out. Concussion is a very serious thing in a contact sport and we would be absolute shithouses to have him play.

It's proper dissapointing as I think we all wanted to see these two teams go at it full force.

If we're even contemplating Ox in the squad, I'd prefer he starts and gets subbed off, rather than the other way around. We need the best start possible.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4104 on: May 6, 2019, 02:39:34 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VO0x7vL2T90" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VO0x7vL2T90</a>
:D

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4105 on: May 6, 2019, 02:43:31 pm »
Would love to see Suarez lose it and get a red card. Hopefully a hostile atmosphere....anybody in the home section with a homemade Messi give us your shirt sign gets turfed out

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4106 on: May 6, 2019, 02:46:33 pm »
3-0 would as well.  ;D
That would certainly also be acceptable. Either way the '0' is going to be very important.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4107 on: May 6, 2019, 02:46:41 pm »
I don't agree with the 'Origi deserves a chance' line. I'm not denying he's scored a couple of vital goals, but I have yet to see him have any real impact on the team performance as a whole.

I'd rather see Mane up front, with an energetic and technical midfield comprising Lallana, Shaq, Minaldum, Fabinho and Henderson

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #4108 on: May 6, 2019, 02:48:49 pm »
I don't agree with the 'Origi deserves a chance' line. I'm not denying he's scored a couple of vital goals, but I have yet to see him have any real impact on the team performance as a whole.

I'd rather see Mane up front, with an energetic and technical midfield comprising Lallana, Shaq, Minaldum, Fabinho and Henderson

Is that a combo of Milner and Gini?
Would be absolutely frightening.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4109 on: May 6, 2019, 02:51:15 pm »
I'm not sure why we're telling the world Bobby and Mo are out.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4110 on: May 6, 2019, 02:51:49 pm »
I'm not sure why we're telling the world Bobby and Mo are out.

Because they're both fit, duh.
:D

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4111 on: May 6, 2019, 02:53:42 pm »
Barca stayin In the Hilton in town.
Let’s get the brass band ready.

(I guess the windows won’t let any noise in?  ;D)

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #4112 on: May 6, 2019, 02:56:26 pm »

Put somtin on their breakfast?  ;D
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #4113 on: May 6, 2019, 03:02:39 pm »

how is their scouse dinner recipe for our honorable catalans
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4114 on: May 6, 2019, 03:07:56 pm »
Is that a combo of Milner and Gini?
Would be absolutely frightening.

Best typo ever :D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4115 on: May 6, 2019, 03:09:57 pm »
Referee
Cüneyt Çakır (TUR)

Assistant referees
Bahattin Duran (TUR)
Tarik Ongun (TUR)

Video Assistant Referee
Felix Zwayer (GER)

Assistant Video Assistant Referee
Sascha Stegemann (GER)

Fourth official
Artur Dias (POR)

We've had this ref once...Liverpool 3-2 PSG

With Barcelona his record: 4 W, 4 D, 0 L
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #4116 on: May 6, 2019, 03:10:10 pm »
The biggest problem (again) is Firmino's out. Not Salah. Shaqiri can do a good job filling in on the right for us.
I think Origi is going to start. He plays games where a lot of running is required.
Sturridge will play against Wolves at home, cos he's good at creating when we need to open up the opposition... unless of course Firmino returns.

So, against Barca:

Mane, Origi, Shaqiri.

Not bad. I hope Barca will look at that and believe we've given up. We can still get a goal or two with that frontline. I just don't think we could get 3 to 5 goals with them.

So, at best I can see us going 2-0 up and then in the final minutes trying everything for the equalising goal.

Realistically, the score is more likely to be 2-1 to us, or 1-1 going into the last 10min.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #4117 on: May 6, 2019, 03:13:26 pm »
                  Allison

Trent    Matip    VVD    Robertson

Fabinho

Milner     Henderson

Shaqiri

Origi          Mane

I think Shaqiri can be a bit of a wildcard. He's got goals in him and can provide a bit of quality for set pieces. He has created two goals in our last two league games. Don't think we can start with Sturridge or the Ox, but we can bring them on as substitutes. Wijnaldum will definitely get on as well.

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #4118 on: May 6, 2019, 03:15:45 pm »
Would love to see Suarez lose it and get a red card. Hopefully a hostile atmosphere....anybody in the home section with a homemade Messi give us your shirt sign gets turfed out

I was thinking that. If we can get on top of him and call him out for his shithousery, he could lose it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4119 on: May 6, 2019, 03:17:10 pm »
The biggest problem (again) is Firmino's out. Not Salah. Shaqiri can do a good job filling in on the right for us.

Shaqiri can do nothing of the sort. Salah is a striker masquerading as a wide player, our system is designed around this. For one he doesn't have the pace that Mo has nor does he have the goal-scoring ability or anywhere near that, to worry Barcelona enough to double up on him. So that's a massive exaggeration and discredit to what Salah actually does and provides.

That's not to say that not having Firmino is not a problem, but we don't have proper like for like replacements for either one of them.