Author Topic: UEFA Champions League. Klopp's got a semi  (Read 324228 times)

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UEFA Champions League. Klopp's got a semi
« Reply #3960 on: April 30, 2019, 03:35:04 pm »
Barcelona should forget about Firmino, he won’t be playing. They should completely relax at the back. I hear we’re playing Matip and Ings up front.

I just hope some of our journalists are baiting Barcelona players and ex-players into commenting about how the atmosphere at Anfield won’t bother them. Those mouthy c*nts never shut up, it should be easy enough to do.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3961 on: April 30, 2019, 03:53:08 pm »
From ESPN:

Across the 43-year history of their rivalry, Barcelona have never knocked Liverpool out of Europe, never defeated the Reds at the Camp Nou. Four home matches: two defeats, two draws, one solitary goal scored -- 12 years ago, by Deco. It's an angry blemish scarring an otherwise superb European record from a club that, like Liverpool, is pursuing its sixth Champions League trophy.

<snip>

It's true Barcelona's home record could make the Camp Nou seem like an unassailable citadel. No team in Europe has an equivalent record of 31 home games in UEFA competition without defeat.

Liverpool, as powerful as they are and as much as the two rivals' states at present makes them feel like favourites, face a club that has won 28 and drawn three in the past six years, scoring 91 while conceding just 15 times. Pretty remarkable.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3963 on: April 30, 2019, 04:09:32 pm »
That fucking Deco.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3964 on: April 30, 2019, 04:09:52 pm »
From ESPN:

Across the 43-year history of their rivalry, Barcelona have never knocked Liverpool out of Europe, never defeated the Reds at the Camp Nou. Four home matches: two defeats, two draws, one solitary goal scored -- 12 years ago, by Deco. It's an angry blemish scarring an otherwise superb European record from a club that, like Liverpool, is pursuing its sixth Champions League trophy.

Wouldn't mind a solitary goal again from 'Deco' tomorrow.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3965 on: April 30, 2019, 04:13:46 pm »
Fuck me I can barely wait for this game...
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3966 on: April 30, 2019, 04:23:02 pm »
Firmino and Brewster are in the travelling squad

Liverpool squad for Barcelona: Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Alisson, Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mignolet, Shaqiri, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Matip, Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold.
If only we hadn’t loaned out Clyne
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:47:56 pm by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #3967 on: April 30, 2019, 04:46:37 pm »
I see the Barca PR machine is in full flow. Rolling out Suarez and Coutinho to do interviews and videos. Saying how much they loved their time at Anfield, trying to soften us up and pull at the heart strings. Hoping we go easy on them and give a nice friendly welcome.  Fuck Off! We need to remember Luis Suarez is an absolute fucking prick on the football pitch (that’s why we loved him) and will literally do anything to win a football match. Give him and fucking Coutinho more stick than any other Barca player.  Let them have the full force of Anfield! At the end of the tie win or lose then give them a good send off but until then it’s a bear pit and give them hell! Come On Redmen!
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3968 on: April 30, 2019, 04:48:55 pm »
I'm probably in the minority but I prefer the home leg first game. You're always vulnerable in the return for the opponents to leave you needing 2 or 3 goals in the last 20 minutes,  and even if we're more capable of doing it than most,  my old ticker can't be doing with it! !
I hope we take it to them tomorrow . Go for the jugular. Attack is the best form of defence. Hit them early,  sit back and then get them on the break.  Would love to see Brewster get a few minutes. Let's humilate these arrogant entitled cheats  in their own "temple ".

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3969 on: April 30, 2019, 05:09:05 pm »
I should add "cheats " in a non footballing context.  Not their impeccable credentials on the pitch,  rather their transfer antics and over-pricing away  supporters and then sticking them up in the God's.  It's the club I have contempt for,  not their team.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3970 on: April 30, 2019, 05:09:36 pm »
Nerves kicking in, Trend hurry up with your post match thread!

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #3971 on: May 5, 2019, 10:20:30 pm »
Looks like part of Barca’s plan of hitting us on the break with pace has taken a blow.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barcelona-liverpool-injury-champions-league-16228593

“Barcelona have been handed a potentially significant blow ahead of their trip to face Liverpool on Tuesday evening after losing Ousmane Dembele to injury.”
YWNA

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #3972 on: May 5, 2019, 10:35:55 pm »
Imagine the scenes if we go through, dangerous just to think about it!  ::)

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3973 on: May 5, 2019, 10:42:43 pm »
We have to believe we will go through.  I think we will make it.  There is something about our ability to keep fighting to the end that will get us through.   Have a feeling we will still be chasing a goal in the last 5 minutes be it 3-0, 4-1 or 5-2 with minutes to play.   
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3974 on: May 5, 2019, 10:46:34 pm »
If we had Salah and Firmino starting and got an early goal I'd believe. Without 1 of them will be tough. Without both then we are asking for one almighty miracle.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3975 on: May 5, 2019, 10:56:07 pm »
If we had Salah and Firmino starting and got an early goal I'd believe. Without 1 of them will be tough. Without both then we are asking for one almighty miracle.

Yeah I thought we had a chance at full strength but if they're both out...what team can we even play? A front three of Mane / Origi / Shaqiri?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3976 on: May 5, 2019, 10:58:12 pm »
Yeah I thought we had a chance at full strength but if they're both out...what team can we even play? A front three of Mane / Origi / Shaqiri?

Throw Ox in, he can announce his comeback in style

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3977 on: May 5, 2019, 11:12:43 pm »
Getting through this is hard enough considering the first leg, however I just wanted us to win regardless of outcome but missing Mo and Bobby is a huge blow [imagine if they had no Messi and Suarez]

I'd play Ox and Shaq and Mane up front.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3978 on: May 5, 2019, 11:14:41 pm »
Getting through this is hard enough considering the first leg, however I just wanted us to win regardless of outcome but missing Mo and Bobby is a huge blow [imagine if they had no Messi and Suarez]

I'd play Ox and Shaq and Mane up front.

Yeah. Reckon Mo will miss it
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3979 on: May 5, 2019, 11:28:32 pm »

Such an interesting question about what he does, because we will need something off the bench as well. If we keep shape Mane is playing 9 obviously, Orgi left based on previous, but then who plays right, Shaq doesn't suit that at all and is great off the bench. Ox probably can't do 90, Sturidge I'm not to sure has the legs any more, and then you're down to Woodburn who is very very unlikely.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3980 on: May 5, 2019, 11:33:02 pm »
Such an interesting question about what he does, because we will need something off the bench as well. If we keep shape Mane is playing 9 obviously, Orgi left based on previous, but then who plays right, Shaq doesn't suit that at all and is great off the bench. Ox probably can't do 90, Sturidge I'm not to sure has the legs any more, and then you're down to Woodburn who is very very unlikely.

Or Klopp may go persist for Gini again in the false nine. Klopp is going to want tactically smart players he trusts, so would not be surprised if he goes for one of Origi and Shaq

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3981 on: May 6, 2019, 01:01:56 am »

If Ox can start then it has to Origi, Mané and Ox as the front 3. Maybe that’s why Ox didn’t play any part at Newcastle because I thought he may have got some minutes there. Not sure about Sturridge. Completely ineffective for me again at Newcastle but I can see Klopp probably starting him because we need goals and he is a goal scorer.
YWNA

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #3982 on: May 6, 2019, 01:06:06 am »
I hope Salah is on - second half, fresh legs. With at least one goal from Shaqiri / Sturridge / Origi in the first half, AT LEAST.

Wow. Squad depth - Shaqiri / Sturridge / Origi... Not bad huh? That's a luxury, afford to release Salah this game in second half.

Well, that's the purpose to have a squad depth in the first place, right?
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3983 on: May 6, 2019, 01:09:10 am »
I hope Salah is on - second half, fresh legs. With at least one goal from Shaqiri / Sturridge / Origi in the first half, AT LEAST.

Wow. Squad depth - Shaqiri / Sturridge / Origi... Not bad huh? That's a luxury, afford to release Salah this game in second half.

Well, that's the purpose to have a squad depth in the first place, right?
Salah is either okay, in which case he will start, or he's not okay, in which case he won't make the bench. He might be concussed, he can't play at all if he is.

If he can't play, I reckon it'll be Mane, Shaqiri and Origi up front. I like the idea of Ox too but think it's probably too soon for him to play the 90. Imagine if he came off the bench and scored in the 90th minute to make it 4-0 though...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3984 on: May 6, 2019, 01:09:56 am »
I'd start OX and give him 60 minutes.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3985 on: May 6, 2019, 01:10:50 am »
and what terrible luck to be without Firmino in the first leg and also Keita, and then now with Mo being out more than likely and all 3 of the missing out.

Masssive fucking break for those twats

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3986 on: May 6, 2019, 01:16:53 am »
and what terrible luck to be without Firmino in the first leg and also Keita, and then now with Mo being out more than likely and all 3 of the missing out.

Agreed. Barcelona's had some utterly awful away performances in recent seasons and I'm convinced that with Firmino and Salah playing, there would be no surprise about us overturning a 3 goal deficit at Anfield.

It will be harder if one or both are out. But this is where the likes of Shaqiri can show our squad depth, right?

I reckon if we can take a 1-0 lead into the second half, the pressure would be right on Barca and they'd be shitting it. Then you never know. We've done some incredible things this season. Who's to say we won't do one more?

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3987 on: May 6, 2019, 01:19:56 am »
Agreed. Barcelona's had some utterly awful away performances in recent seasons and I'm convinced that with Firmino and Salah playing, there would be no surprise about us overturning a 3 goal deficit at Anfield.

It will be harder if one or both are out. But this is where the likes of Shaqiri can show our squad depth, right?

I reckon if we can take a 1-0 lead into the second half, the pressure would be right on Barca and they'd be shitting it. Then you never know. We've done some incredible things this season. Who's to say we won't do one more?
Yep. Said a few days ago that if at half-time, Liverpool have scored and Barcelona haven't, we've got a fighting chance. Roma didn't score their 2nd and 3rd goals until the 58th and 82nd minutes.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #3988 on: May 6, 2019, 01:25:31 am »

Dont fancy ugly football like aa... Hoofing to bypass their midfield?

You know, bang bang then in split seconds, Origi and Mane already in the face of their keeper. Two goals in first half.

Wow!! Yeah, but ugly football. Haha!! Im talking about a super dynamic front three who ll keep sprinting the
whhhooolllleee game and keep receiving the ball from our defenders / midfielders.

Then Klopp asks in 60' minute, "Anyone tired? I'll sub you with Sturridge or Shaqiri"...
With two centre backs just keep screening below our defensive midfielder/s (or in case want to play with two deep midfielders) if the instruction is Robertson and Trent keep bombing forward.

Well, need extra protection for sure to avoid being caught by lightning Barca counter if our fullbacks are higher up.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2019, 01:27:09 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3989 on: May 6, 2019, 01:40:35 am »

So frustrating. Apart from Gomez we’ve been pretty lucky with injuries all season. But now when we need everyone we have 3 huge injuries. We just have to hope the rest of the team steps up.
YWNA

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #3990 on: May 6, 2019, 01:55:23 am »
Getting strong 08/09 CL QF vibes against Chelsea. We were, down two from the first leg, without Gerrard and Torres didn't play well but still scored 4 goals at the Bridge. Lack of expectations can do funny things. Let's hope we defend better than that tie, would be pround of a similar performance regardless.   
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3991 on: May 6, 2019, 02:09:39 am »
Getting strong 08/09 CL QF vibes against Chelsea. We were, down two from the first leg, without Gerrard and Torres didn't play well but still scored 4 goals at the Bridge. Lack of expectations can do funny things. Let's hope we defend better than that tie, would be pround of a similar performance regardless.   

I mean, hopefully it's not like that game, because we also conceded 4 at the Bridge. I have no doubt we can score 4 against Barca at Anfield. Tough part will be to keep them out, as well.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3992 on: May 6, 2019, 04:52:16 am »
It was already a mountain to climb with a full strength side to choose from. With Keita, Firmino and Salah out it's become that much harder. We're talking epic proportions here. I'm afraid it may be beyond us this time. If you're hoping to overcome a three goal deficit to Barcelona, you just can't have 2/3 of your attack out. We've been incredibly unfortunate at a crunch time of the season yet again. I'm just hoping we put in a good display and beat them. I've no doubt we could've done it with everybody fit, but fate has dealt us a cruel blow yet again.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3993 on: May 6, 2019, 06:47:48 am »
Is  Brewster in the squad/in contention for the bench?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3994 on: May 6, 2019, 06:59:44 am »
Is  Brewster in the squad/in contention for the bench?

If Salah is out, you'd think we'd have to consider him for the bench at least.

Mané-Sturridge-Shaqiri to start?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: May 6, 2019, 07:05:12 am »
If Salah is out, you'd think we'd have to consider him for the bench at least.

Mané-Sturridge-Shaqiri to start?

If Salah and Firmino are out then Shaqiri surely has to start as his ability to whack one in from a free kick or shot would be handy.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3996 on: May 6, 2019, 07:06:29 am »

In a nutshell.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3997 on: May 6, 2019, 07:32:51 am »
If leicester perform a miracle and get something out of the game tonight I would rest everyone. Have the under 23’s start with mig in goal. With the injuries we have and how hard we had to work on Saturday I can’t see it. Give what we can and make sure we score the first goal to make them panic.

If Leicester lose tonight I would make sure Trent Arnold and shaq both start. Win some cheap free kicks as set pieces could be our best chance of scoring.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3998 on: May 6, 2019, 08:37:07 am »
We've got 5 days before wolves. Plenty of time to recover for then so don't think that comes into it but clearly there will be players knackered and or injured from Newcastle. It's going to be interesting how Klopp approaches it.
Football is a lie

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3999 on: May 6, 2019, 09:13:46 am »
If leicester perform a miracle and get something out of the game tonight I would rest everyone. Have the under 23’s start with mig in goal. With the injuries we have and how hard we had to work on Saturday I can’t see it. Give what we can and make sure we score the first goal to make them panic.

If Leicester lose tonight I would make sure Trent Arnold and shaq both start. Win some cheap free kicks as set pieces could be our best chance of scoring.

Absolutely not. Strongest team for both games regardless of what happens today.