Author Topic: UEFA Champions League. Klopp's got a semi  (Read 324232 times)

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UEFA Champions League. Klopp's got a semi
« Reply #4040 on: May 6, 2019, 12:59:41 pm »
I'm maybe overthinking this but Klopp was quite clever in that press conference.

Didn't want to make any "Headlines" to motivate the Barcelona players whilst playing down our chances. Hopefully we catch them off guard give them a hell of a game and at least win the match.

Let's go !

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4041 on: May 6, 2019, 01:00:40 pm »
Shit timing but what can you do.

Lets just give it our best shot!

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #4042 on: May 6, 2019, 01:00:59 pm »
He lost his two best players against one of the best sides in the world, he should be doing jumping jacks eh

Not saying he should be happy, just pointing it out.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4043 on: May 6, 2019, 01:06:42 pm »
Cannot wait for this match, its going to be loads of fun.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4044 on: May 6, 2019, 01:06:47 pm »
Agree. The team/squad have given everything they have . Still think they can hurt Barcelona . As someone else has suggested,  the boss might think of pushing TAA forward? Need some pace as well as tactical savvy.  Barebones bench too.
It all points to us being dumped out unceremoniously! That's why the scene is set for one of our most memorable nights!
If anyone can get a result in these circumstances,  we can.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4045 on: May 6, 2019, 01:07:38 pm »
Jurgen is not very happy in that presser, or maybe he is just focused.
It’s ok Leicester will put a smile back on his face later
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #4046 on: May 6, 2019, 01:09:17 pm »
Shaq and Divok with Ox, Brewster and Studge off the bench.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a Ł1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4047 on: May 6, 2019, 01:09:39 pm »
Looks like part of Barca’s plan of hitting us on the break with pace has taken a blow.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barcelona-liverpool-injury-champions-league-16228593

“Barcelona have been handed a potentially significant blow ahead of their trip to face Liverpool on Tuesday evening after losing Ousmane Dembele to injury.”

No big loss really. One of the most over-hyped players in world football.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4048 on: May 6, 2019, 01:10:41 pm »
                                Becker

Trent         Gomez            Van Dijk          Robertson         

Wijnaldum         

Henderson                        Milner 

Ox               

Shaqiri       

Mane         

Unlikely but what the hell

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4049 on: May 6, 2019, 01:11:06 pm »
No big loss really. One of the most over-hyped players in world football.

It's somewhat a loss because of his pace on the counter.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #4050 on: May 6, 2019, 01:13:39 pm »
3-0 down and 2 key players out, not ideal for the second leg to say the least. Expect nothing less than what the team has done all season and give it their all, proud of this team regardless. Give the Catalan bastards everything redmen  :scarf

Like this and uncarded the whole game?

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4051 on: May 6, 2019, 01:15:16 pm »
No Mane?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4052 on: May 6, 2019, 01:16:16 pm »
What do we think about 3 at the back, so TAA and Robbo can play further forward? Maybe even with Fabinho in defense, or Gomez.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4053 on: May 6, 2019, 01:17:46 pm »
Like this and uncarded the whole game?

Looks like one of the challenges I used to put in at school.  I was shit at football so the only thing I could do was foul and defend a bit.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #4054 on: May 6, 2019, 01:18:15 pm »
We still have one of the best defences in Europe to rely on. Let's be honest; the score flatters Barca. The facts are though, we are 3 down. It's a tall order but we are certainly up for the challenge!

We have lost 2 of our amazing 3 pronged strike force - does this hit home to Klopp that we need to strengthen in that area for next season?
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: May 6, 2019, 01:22:21 pm »
What do we think about 3 at the back, so TAA and Robbo can play further forward? Maybe even with Fabinho in defense, or Gomez.

There's no reason why Fabinho should be at the back considering Gomez and Matip are fine to play. Particularly since he played in the last two games.

Offline dudek05

• Main Stander
« Reply #4056 on: May 6, 2019, 01:23:30 pm »
Start with the 4-2-3-1                                                                  Alison

Trent                        Matip                     Virg                       Robbo

Hendo                    Fab

Shaq                        Ox                               Mane

Origi

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4057 on: May 6, 2019, 01:26:22 pm »
We are going to full shithouseries this time? I'm talking about do or die here. I don't care anymore.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: May 6, 2019, 01:26:47 pm »
For me we just need to concentrate on getting that 1st goal - if we score that within the 1st half and keep a clean sheet then it's anyone's game.

It's frutsrating there will be no Salah or Firmino and there's no doubt we're weaker, but we've got to believe. Still plenty of quality in our team.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4059 on: May 6, 2019, 01:26:53 pm »
We have a built in excuse for losing now, so we have Nothing to lose. reward Origi and Shaq for the weekend and go all out. We turned around a  3 goal deficit in aEuropean Cup final with Milan Baros up front.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: May 6, 2019, 01:29:22 pm »
The alpine messi > messi.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4061 on: May 6, 2019, 01:29:47 pm »
Hopefully Barca underestimate us considering the injuries.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: May 6, 2019, 01:30:03 pm »
We are going to full shithouseries this time? I'm talking about do or die here. I don't care anymore.

There's absolutely nothing to lose here. It's a total free hit. We should be looking to fuck them right up.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: May 6, 2019, 01:31:59 pm »
If we don't get through, hope we hurt Barcas chances in the final by getting players sent off and going in hard on them. No love for those tw*ts. Play them at their own game.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4064 on: May 6, 2019, 01:33:08 pm »
this has turned from a very difficult task to a mission impossible. needless to say, we love our mission impossibles ;D. still undecided how to approach this game if the inevitable happens and city slip tonight.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4065 on: May 6, 2019, 01:34:24 pm »
Think this will definitely be the case.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4066 on: May 6, 2019, 01:34:37 pm »
If we don't get through, hope we hurt Barcas chances in the final by getting players sent off and going in hard on them. No love for those tw*ts. Play them at their own game.

Put Lovren on. "Break Messi's leg, Dejan!"  ;D

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4067 on: May 6, 2019, 01:35:35 pm »
The Boss said "create an atmosphere,  use the atmosphere " and that's what we really have to do . Hope our crowd really believe in this one.  It's going to be a special week. Believe! !!

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4068 on: May 6, 2019, 01:36:39 pm »
this has turned from a very difficult task to a mission impossible. needless to say, we love our mission impossibles ;D. still undecided how to approach this game if the inevitable happens and city slip tonight.

Our hand is a little forced here. Regardless of the city result we are now 'resting' Mo and Bobby [whether bobby is back for sunday remains to be seen], so Mane is definitely in. Keita isn't an option in midfield, and barring him taking a risk on the Ox [is lallana around?] that leaves the midfield a 3 from 4 pick and they're very interchangeable which is a good thing. Defence is the only place I guess you could think about some changes, but I can't see Virg or Robbo resting [nor do I feel like either desperately need it] and I think Matip comes in given Lovren played [and was pretty dire] saturday.

Only other one is trent/gomez at RB. Would prefer trent but we'll see.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #4069 on: May 6, 2019, 01:38:12 pm »
Got a taste for the forbidden fruit eh? ;)

In relation to CL/League - what if we got beat by Barca (say 2-0) but beat Newcastle and Leicester gets a result against City? Do we rest players for the second leg ahead of Wolves?
Sorry only just seen this.

A lot has happened since, but my honest thoughts despite the recent results against Barca and Newcastle; with only a few games remaining I don't believe players need a rest. If fit and available i would play the same team and keep the momentum.

Klopp and his staff will know far more obviously about fitness levels. One thing that really annoys me and has crept into the game is this constant rhetoric about players needing a rest. Say it enough times and people start to believe it. Yes, at the very top you play 2-3 games per week and during a season you will need some kind of rest but footballers are fitter than they have ever been IMO and they are geared up for a long season.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #4070 on: May 6, 2019, 01:38:18 pm »
Great chance for someone to step up and surprise them, Howie Gayle-style.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4071 on: May 6, 2019, 01:38:52 pm »
Imagine half an hour before the game checking the line-up, Salah is on the bench and
Klopp is grinning walking toward the dugout with an evil face, "Fuck you Barca... Hehe...".

I'm going to laugh like a mad bastard if that is the case. I would do that if I'm Klopp. Hahahhaha!!!
The whole Anfield will be roaring.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #4072 on: May 6, 2019, 01:43:43 pm »
VVD - 1 goal
Hendo - 1 goal
Shak - 1 goal
Mane - 2 goals

5 - 0 to us tomorrow

and the lottery numbers are 3..

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4073 on: May 6, 2019, 01:45:17 pm »
Like others have said this now feels like a free hit which is quite liberating. No pressure, fuck them up, go har, go fast and If we go out we go out in a blaze of glory with hopefully Suarez sent off and a few of them battered and bruised back to Barcelona with their tails between their legs.
Football is a lie

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4074 on: May 6, 2019, 01:45:27 pm »
Origi Studge and Mane then.

Not much luck FFS.

Nothing to lose now.

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4075 on: May 6, 2019, 01:46:19 pm »
Big blow losing Mo and Bobby but I think we can unsettle these at set plays .
I dont think they are great in the air and if we can get enough quality crosses in we could have some joy.
Our crossing in Barca was quite poor and we are normally decent.
The first goal obviously is massive and the momentum that the crowd generates,the players will feed off that.
Whenever I have seen these away from home lately they dont look great,so I believe we can do it.
Come on you mighty Reds this is doable.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: May 6, 2019, 01:46:49 pm »
Origi Studge and Mane then.

Not much luck FFS.

Nothing to lose now.
Not a fan of Shaqiri, mate?  ;D

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4077 on: May 6, 2019, 01:47:45 pm »
Trent will play; we need goals, and already have 2 of our main attackers out. Trent’s one of the best attacking players in the league, and we need to score at least 3 goals - the only way he doesn’t play is if he needs a rest and City drop points tonight.

Sturridge and Mane up top, Robertson and Trent parked on the half way line, Milner or Henderson and Gini covering their spaces, Henderson or Ox as the 8 and Fabinho as the 6. Need Matip back as well, his ability of bringing the ball forward from defence, whether dribbling or passing through lines, is top class.

Sturridge needs to have a big big game tomorrow. He’ll be champing at the bit at facing Barcelona in a semi final, knowing we need goals and he’ll be the main man in attack again for the night. Get that hat trick Daniel!

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4078 on: May 6, 2019, 01:48:44 pm »
If Sturridge plays he needs to be more clinical than he was against Newcastle, his shooting was really poor.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4079 on: May 6, 2019, 01:51:44 pm »
The Boss said "create an atmosphere,  use the atmosphere " and that's what we really have to do . Hope our crowd really believe in this one.  It's going to be a special week. Believe! !!

This. Its sometimes hard to realise how it makes a difference when its your home crowd, but we just saw it from the other side at Newcastle. Make Barca play more than the 11 on the pitch!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly