Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2152687 times)

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #16640 on: May 6, 2021, 11:36:27 am »
Like 10,000 spoons when all you needed was a knife? I think you have the same grasp on irony as Alanis Morrisette.

Yeh... love that song me... most played on my spotify

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16641 on: May 6, 2021, 11:36:44 am »
So if you're above 13+, then you're in a guaranteed sale for all 19?

so i have been told yes

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #16642 on: May 6, 2021, 11:40:17 am »
So if you're above 13+, then you're in a guaranteed sale for all 19?

WOoooo

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16643 on: May 6, 2021, 11:40:54 am »
May as well just convert us to seasies now if all 19 are guaranteed :D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16644 on: May 6, 2021, 11:42:31 am »
Agree with this.

It is unhelpful for people who are already in the 13+ club, and have been for years, to keep saying that this is the only fair way. You do not have a vested interest in people like us who have 12 credits from the 19/20 season (13+ with games behind closed doors).

How on earth is anyone supposed to get into the 13+ club now with this ballot in place?

Unbelievable, and heartbreaking.

Yet the thing with this is that we have people on this thread who were 15 from 15 last season yet don't qualify due to this criteria with Harinder saying there were 300 of those. You were 12 from 15 last season. What about those on 13 and 14? How many of them are there? There were another 4 games to go so we should probably consider everyone from 9 up because they could have legitimately got to 13, how many of those are there? It's not as straight forward as it's made out to be.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16645 on: May 6, 2021, 11:45:51 am »
We need to bombard them about this.

Especially if it's true about the 300. Just make the guaranteed pot 300 bigger ffs!

And those who are not affected by this, and think that those that are don't have a right to be angry, I will kindly invite you to go and fuck yourself sideways with a sharp metal instrument.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16646 on: May 6, 2021, 11:47:38 am »

Especially if it's true about the 300. Just make the guaranteed pot 300 bigger ffs!

And those who are not affected by this, and think that those that are don't have a right to be angry, I will kindly invite you to go and fuck yourself sideways with a sharp metal instrument.

I would but I've only got 10,000 spoons. How ironic
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #16647 on: May 6, 2021, 11:49:04 am »

The club have no justification for this, if there are enough of us then they may change their minds. They've already hinted at it: "We also wanted to let you know that following the pre-registration period in June, we will be better positioned to review demand, with a view to potentially opening up a further sales period.
We are unable to guarantee tickets for you at this time but will be in touch if we can include you in any potential additional sales."

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #16648 on: May 6, 2021, 11:50:15 am »
Yet the thing with this is that we have people on this thread who were 15 from 15 last season yet don't qualify due to this criteria with Harinder saying there were 300 of those. You were 12 from 15 last season. What about those on 13 and 14? How many of them are there? There were another 4 games to go so we should probably consider everyone from 9 up because they could have legitimately got to 13, how many of those are there? It's not as straight forward as it's made out to be.

The club have already made the decision to discount credits from the matches behind closed doors by only emailing the 300 members who attended 13+ last season (and less than 13 in 2018-19)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16649 on: May 6, 2021, 11:50:57 am »
The club have no justification for this, if there are enough of us then they may change their minds. They've already hinted at it: "We also wanted to let you know that following the pre-registration period in June, we will be better positioned to review demand, with a view to potentially opening up a further sales period.
We are unable to guarantee tickets for you at this time but will be in touch if we can include you in any potential additional sales."

I think that’s just to try to keep us quiet and not bombard them

Even if they get us in next season it makes no difference as there are no credits and the season after is using 18/19 again

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16650 on: May 6, 2021, 11:51:56 am »
The club have already made the decision to discount credits from the matches behind closed doors by only emailing the 300 members who attended 13+ last season (and less than 13 in 2018-19)

i think the point is that if they did this differently there would be another group of people unhappy.  using 19/20 would be very difficult to do.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #16651 on: May 6, 2021, 11:52:11 am »

Hi. Surely those 300 people are everyone from 13 - 15 games last season?

I'm not saying it's straight forward but the club seem to have taken the easy option. The games played behind closed doors could easily have been taken into account. The club takes great delight in announcing that the games in the bulk sales have all sold out, so surely they could have just gone off the tickets they have already sold???

Even if I take myself out of the equation here - the people who reached the magic 13 in the 19/20 season have been royally fucked over.

But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16652 on: May 6, 2021, 11:52:15 am »

Its funny though isn't it? Because it was you who spent a full season telling everyone how you knew the cheat to the ticketing website, bragging about how you always had your tickets within a few minutes, and gloating that you'd reached the magic 13+ for the guaranteed sales for the next season and yet it was all for nothing...now THAT is irony!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16653 on: May 6, 2021, 11:52:27 am »

300 is just a headline number though. There'll be more that probably could've got to 13 with a bit more refreshing for the games that ended up being closed doors. It's probably a fairly significant number of people in that instance.

I've emailed SOS my thoughts anyway even though I'm on 19 from 18/19 and I'd encourage everyone to do the same. My main concern is essentially 13+ is a quasi-season ticket (good for me) but not so great that younger fans will find it difficult getting to that number now.
YNWA.

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #16654 on: May 6, 2021, 11:52:55 am »
Been completely fucked over. Worked my arse off to get to 13+ last season and now it counts for fuck all. LFC love doing everything they can to keep tickets closed shop.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16655 on: May 6, 2021, 11:53:49 am »
Its funny though isn't it? Because it was you who spent a full season telling everyone how you knew the cheat to the ticketing website, bragging about how you always had your tickets within a few minutes, and gloating that you'd reached the magic 13+ for the guaranteed sales for the next season and yet it was all for nothing...now THAT is irony!

Ha ha! is that true?! this is gold!

sympathy now gone!

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16656 on: May 6, 2021, 11:57:03 am »
Yet there's one person in this thread complaining that he's missing out because he would have got to 13+ with the Palace game which was behind closed doors. There'll be so many others in that boat that this was the cleanest way to do it.

I'm not missing out because of that though, am I?

I'm missing out because games in 2019/20 are being wiped from memory.

The 'cleanest' way of doing it would be pro-rata for 2019/20. It's VERY fucking simple.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16657 on: May 6, 2021, 11:57:21 am »

But it is straightforward.  For each member, use the higher of:

- Their 18/19 count
- Their 19/20 count pro-rated
- Their 19/20 count including tickets bought for the cancelled games

If the Club had announced that policy today, I think this would have been broadly accepted as fair.  I'm surprised that Harinder appears to suggest this option wasn't even discussed.

Offline viewing only

• Main Stander
« Reply #16658 on: May 6, 2021, 11:59:47 am »

- Their 18/19 count

If the Club had announced that policy today, I think this would have been broadly accepted as fair.  I'm surprised that Harinder appears to suggest this option wasn't even discussed.

Bang on

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16659 on: May 6, 2021, 12:00:40 pm »
I'm not missing out because of that though, am I?

I'm missing out because games in 2019/20 are being wiped from memory.

The 'cleanest' way of doing it would be pro-rata for 2019/20. It's VERY fucking simple.

I agree pro-rata would've been the best way, but it's not that 'simple'. There'll be aggrieved people on 12 from last season for instance that would've probably got 13 without Corona.

That said there'll surely be a maths and excel whizz in LFC who can do some sort of modelling to figure this out but the reality is they probably don't want to sacrifice too many 'general sale' seats.
YNWA.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #16660 on: May 6, 2021, 12:00:58 pm »
All for this way of doing it. Makes the most sense. Cannot please everyone i get that but i think this is just the best way of doing it.

This season is essentially a free hit for those with 13+ and that makes sense given the uncertainty over the future.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16661 on: May 6, 2021, 12:01:33 pm »
The point needing clarification is whether the guaranteed sales include all 19 games or just Cat A/B.

All 19 in one sale for those guaranteed
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #16662 on: May 6, 2021, 12:05:07 pm »

In one sale? They not doing the split sales in July and November?

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #16663 on: May 6, 2021, 12:08:33 pm »
One of the things pushed back with was taking a look over 3 seasons re 13+ and the 300. Better place to push once known how many register to attend in 21/22 to be honest.

So are you saying it could get reviewed/pushed again based how many of the 300 affected members register for the 21/22 lottery/ballots?

I'd be interested to see how many of those shafted would even want to register now, given how we're all feeling about this decision.

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #16664 on: May 6, 2021, 12:08:50 pm »
It needs to clarify if passing tickets on to friends and family still  retains the credit or not. Absolutely pointless if it does.

No credits next year mate. They are reviewing this in 22/23 however.
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #16665 on: May 6, 2021, 12:11:10 pm »
Can't wait to see how successful I'll be in the 2023 ballot from the 6 games I attended in 2018.

Mind boggling
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline viewing only

• Main Stander
« Reply #16666 on: May 6, 2021, 12:12:27 pm »
Can't wait to see how successful I'll be in the 2023 ballot from the 6 games I attended in 2018.

Mind boggling

Truly mind boggling.

Wonder if we get Sakho back to play for us again too?

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16667 on: May 6, 2021, 12:14:15 pm »

So not two sales? That's a big hit if you go for all 19

Also, how are they going to stop anybody from logging onto the system if you don't have 13+. Surely they must have a pre-check?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16668 on: May 6, 2021, 12:14:35 pm »

- Their 18/19 count

The starting point was attended, not intention to attend. The latter impacted all. At percentages level of impact, which is my guess where this went to in the end, it's circa 3-4% I'm guessing. I do stress guessing as at no point have I ever seen precisely how many are on 13+ as members from 18/19. It's definitely above 6/7k I think if not much more.

Please don't take it as a given on folks accepting the impact... I'd say it's more one to ascertain what things look like after members register interest to attend.

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16669 on: May 6, 2021, 12:18:59 pm »

Also, how are they going to stop anybody from logging onto the system if you don't have 13+. Surely they must have a pre-check?

Hi, that's what I have from my notes. They may split them, I don't know, but I think the end goal was to not have 2 sales for 13+ etc like how it's been before eg one sale for cat A+B, then free for all for C

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16670 on: May 6, 2021, 12:21:29 pm »
Hi, that's what I have from my notes. They may split them, I don't know, but I think the end goal was to not have 2 sales for 13+ etc like how it's been before eg one sale for cat A+B, then free for all for C

Don't like this if true to be honest. Basically forcing people to come up with the best part of a grand in 2 months. Should've kept it as 2 sales and announced that next summer it will revert to 1.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16671 on: May 6, 2021, 12:30:34 pm »
So how would you deal with people who would have purchased in the late availability sale?

There were no guarantees for them though. People like him/her had actually purchased the tickets, paid their money, put the effort in. It's harsh in my opinion and i must add it doesn't impact me.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16672 on: May 6, 2021, 12:33:56 pm »
I remember the days of Monaco and Deportivo in late 2004 when I bought a ticket for a game to go to the game. Have a pint or three and maybe one afterwards.

Simpler times

Yep, crazy to think of the amount of empty seats!!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16673 on: May 6, 2021, 12:34:35 pm »
I don't see anything in the announcement that Cat C games will be in the 13+ sale.  They never have been before.

If that continues, that means that many of us on 19 credits for successive seasons are now about to lose out on Cat C games if we are not successful in the ballot.

Clarity from the Club on this point would be good.

This is what I'm worried about too. I think they've worded it vaguely on purpose. "A guaranteed sale" doesn't necessarily mean for all tickets. We'll all be shafted by this fucking ballot system they've insisted on bringing in to appease the once a season day trippers.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16674 on: May 6, 2021, 12:35:21 pm »
Graham mentioned about reviewing individual cases on the ST Renewals chat, so don't get too wound up just yet. They have the ability to make individual supporters eligible for the sales.

He also said those with 13 in 19/20 would be fine.

I think that email confirms there will be no 'appeals' process as such.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16675 on: May 6, 2021, 12:35:21 pm »
In one sale? They not doing the split sales in July and November?

It's two sales, July and November

However, what it means is there's not the separate sale for the cat C games. so its all in 1 sale in July and 1 in November rather than 2 in each for those on 13+

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16676 on: May 6, 2021, 12:36:38 pm »
It's not difficult at all to pro-rata last season. For those saying it is...

Full season... 19 games with 13 games the magic number.

Which translates to , if you attend 68.4211% of games in a 'normal season' then you're guaranteed a ticket.

So let's use that same formula for last season.

Last season... 15 games played, what's 68.4211% of that? 10.26317, call it 11 games if you want.

Again. Not. That. Difficult.

The problem is the time people invested last year in getting tickets has been completely discounted. Ignored totally.

I do get that you can't just assume people would have got tickets for any remaining games, totally. Which is why pro-rata makes sense. This takes into account the actual physical time spent by people in getting tickets.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16677 on: May 6, 2021, 12:38:10 pm »
Hi, ballot is for less than 13+ instead of the bulk sale fight out, royal rumble, click or die trying thing. In effect, success in ballot means you can get a ticket (like the other ballots over the years for cup finals as an example). Late availability sales, based on qualifying criteria applied at the time of it for said match, will be as per normal.

Sorry, just saw this after my previous post. So if we're on 13+ we will be guaranteed all 19, no Cat C type ballot?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16678 on: May 6, 2021, 12:39:27 pm »

Don't like this if true to be honest. Basically forcing people to come up with the best part of a grand in 2 months. Should've kept it as 2 sales and announced that next summer it will revert to 1.

Clarified. Will be two sales again (July and Nov) so won't be one big hit

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16679 on: May 6, 2021, 12:39:38 pm »
it's called irony... club have basically just voided everyone's attendance for a season as if it meant nothing when it in fact meant an awful lot. So getting informed the money, time and effort you ploughed into that season is worth fuck all is a joke

I do feel your pain but you went to the games so arguably not really fuck all.