Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2152703 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #16760 on: May 6, 2021, 02:54:11 pm »
Peter Moore left the Club 9 months ago mate.......

And the vice chair of Spirit of Shankly is on the ticketing committee that came up with this criteria with the club

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16761 on: May 6, 2021, 02:55:31 pm »
Same as when they got rid of the PTS scheme, plenty of people were miffed off. and complained Nothing changed.
This is designed to sell more 'memberships' to 'belong' to the BS family so they can 'belong' and have more of a chance of getting a ticket. While people on 12 and less now have even more of a fight on their hands.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16762 on: May 6, 2021, 02:56:18 pm »
2-0 win midweek game? Was on holiday in Majorca but I can get a note from my mum.

Sorry no can do. My old man spent time and money getting me, him and my mum tickets for that game.

He even dropped me at uni the same day. Just the  41,768 others then

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16763 on: May 6, 2021, 02:59:01 pm »
I think the touts will be down to CEX to buy a load of smart phones, add 20 names onto their cards, and use the phones as they did with the cards, the person then uses that phone to scan in.

The 20 names have to be provided at the start of the season, so they can't be selling tickets outside before each match. I mean they could be super organised and get people booked in for the season but it does make it harder for them.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16764 on: May 6, 2021, 02:59:13 pm »

Same as when they got rid of the PTS scheme, plenty of people were miffed off. and complained Nothing changed.
This is designed to sell more 'memberships' to 'belong' to the BS family so they can 'belong' and have more of a chance of getting a ticket. While people on 12 and less now have even more of a fight on their hands.

Correct. But hey, it's the fans that have accumulated credits and been to loads of games that are the problem - according to some on here! Not the greed of the club simply wanting more memberships, using ticket lotteries as an incentive.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #16765 on: May 6, 2021, 03:08:25 pm »
Got a response from someone at SOS- no more help than contacting the TO, but will be interesting to see what this announcement is tomorrow:

"I understand your frustration, but the club made the decision to use season 18/19 credits because , as you say, of the number of people it would affect. Using that season affects 300 members, had they not done that many more would have been affected.
As they had to make a decision, they chose this so that the smallest number of fans would lose out.
The club are set to make a further announcement on this tomorrow."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16766 on: May 6, 2021, 03:10:20 pm »
How many MORE memberships do yous think the club will sell with this change in process?

At £35 each, for it to be any significant difference, say they'd want £2m out of it? That's an extra 57000 memberships. They aren't going to sell an EXTRA 57000 memberships because they've now introduced a ballot.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16767 on: May 6, 2021, 03:13:46 pm »

At least before people will have felt a bit in control of their fate - buying a membership to enter a ballot is the ultimate money-wasting lottery.

And yes, I'm still miffed they binned off the PTS!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16768 on: May 6, 2021, 03:14:27 pm »
Thats exactly right. i feel for those that may miss out but there are so many different moving parts they couldn't help everyone

I mean it's very simple. You reward the people who attend the games.

That's literally what the loyalty system is

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16769 on: May 6, 2021, 03:15:23 pm »
How many MORE memberships do yous think the club will sell with this change in process?

At £35 each, for it to be any significant difference, say they'd want £2m out of it? That's an extra 57000 memberships. They aren't going to sell an EXTRA 57000 memberships because they've now introduced a ballot.

Cannot believe people still pay the full whack instead of getting a light membership.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16770 on: May 6, 2021, 03:17:56 pm »
I mean it's very simple. You reward the people who attend the games.

That's literally what the loyalty system is

Attend or buy?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16771 on: May 6, 2021, 03:19:29 pm »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #16772 on: May 6, 2021, 03:20:37 pm »

They've given everyone £5 off next season tho so its reet

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16773 on: May 6, 2021, 03:20:50 pm »
Exactly!

if its attend we would NOT be having a conversation about 13 credits.....

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16774 on: May 6, 2021, 03:21:04 pm »
Sorry to pester Harinder, is there going to be a pre-login for guaranteed sales so the site is not flooded with people 'trying their arm'

Hi, no apologies needed! I've not heard of a pre-login to be honest. The new system got implemented during lockdown and I don't think it's had a bulk sale to deal with yet. I know it was used for the matches prior to xmas. I will ask if we can get the load tests it went under and what filtering will happen if any during login
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16775 on: May 6, 2021, 03:21:55 pm »
Test

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16776 on: May 6, 2021, 03:23:03 pm »
i think the point is that if they did this differently there would be another group of people unhappy.  using 19/20 would be very difficult to do.

I don’t know hoe people can be unhappy at using the previous season for league credits which is the way its always been done

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16777 on: May 6, 2021, 03:23:27 pm »
How do we name them up front - is there a link on the website or do you know when this option will be available? Thank you

Hi, we're all awaiting that one! I suspect it will be a link in ticketing portal under account. It shouldn't be confused with the existing friends and family thing that is there for when buying tickets on behalf of someone else. If I recall that was advised back to club by others already

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Jon_YNWA82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16778 on: May 6, 2021, 03:23:32 pm »
Hi, no apologies needed! I've not heard of a pre-login to be honest. The new system got implemented during lockdown and I don't think it's had a bulk sale to deal with yet. I know it was used for the matches prior to xmas. I will ask if we can get the load tests it went under and what filtering will happen if any during login

I tried testing this new site by trying to log on for the ballot but it wouldn't let me through so hoping they've started a implement a smarter system. 

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16779 on: May 6, 2021, 03:25:03 pm »
Got a response from someone at SOS- no more help than contacting the TO, but will be interesting to see what this announcement is tomorrow:

"I understand your frustration, but the club made the decision to use season 18/19 credits because , as you say, of the number of people it would affect. Using that season affects 300 members, had they not done that many more would have been affected.
As they had to make a decision, they chose this so that the smallest number of fans would lose out.
The club are set to make a further announcement on this tomorrow."

Hopefully they publish numbers of whos in what category
Or change their minds...

But yes, it sounds like the least number have been affected given all the things I have seen

Gotta draw the line somewhere, everyone just has a different opinion on where its drawn and why

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16780 on: May 6, 2021, 03:25:30 pm »
Its funny though isn't it? Because it was you who spent a full season telling everyone how you knew the cheat to the ticketing website, bragging about how you always had your tickets within a few minutes, and gloating that you'd reached the magic 13+ for the guaranteed sales for the next season and yet it was all for nothing...now THAT is irony!

Well this is a complete and utter lie isn't it.

I certainly didn't spend all season saying that, in fact I spent all season saying I DIDN'T know the secret, because everyone assumed I did.

I worked it out towards the end of the season. And do you know how many tickets I got using the secret?

Absolutely fucking none.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16781 on: May 6, 2021, 03:25:34 pm »
I don’t know hoe people can be unhappy at using the previous season for league credits which is the way its always been done

Blows my mind. Literally not asking for anything different here.

Use the previous seasons LOYALTY, and use the benchmark of 68% of games attended to reward the LOYALTY like EVERY other season. That should be the absolute bare minimum.

Then we can talk about if you actually bought a ticket and it was called off.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16782 on: May 6, 2021, 03:25:44 pm »

But this is not 'normal' circumstances is it?  it is a totally unique situation.  As several people have said, there will have been so many issues and considerations with using 19/20 it would have been unworkable.  You can see some of the issues on this thread.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16783 on: May 6, 2021, 03:26:03 pm »

Its currently in place mate

Cant see ballots without logging in AND qualifying for it

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16784 on: May 6, 2021, 03:26:27 pm »
Up to 20 is a bit mad in itself really. You could name 18 and all go to a game each in that scenario? Obviously that will only work if the intention in the future is to keep the credits to the named card holder as opposed to the attendee.

Originally it was 6! I think the 20 is there due to possible government guidelines due to covid meaning if someone couldn't attend due to geographical restrictions then seat doesn't go empty if 6 exhausted. For next season it's a free hit whilst club see how it is used. Clearly, I don't think the intention for anyone should be for giving out the seat continually or say if it were just 6 or 600, the primary member never attends!

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16785 on: May 6, 2021, 03:27:18 pm »
Blows my mind. Literally not asking for anything different here.

Use the previous seasons LOYALTY, and use the benchmark of 68% of games attended to reward the LOYALTY like EVERY other season. That should be the absolute bare minimum.

Then we can talk about if you actually bought a ticket and it was called off.

That last bit is what the club have to consider NOW not later, and they clearly have.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #16786 on: May 6, 2021, 03:27:44 pm »
Hopefully they publish numbers of whos in what category
Or change their minds...

But yes, it sounds like the least number have been affected given all the things I have seen

Gotta draw the line somewhere, everyone just has a different opinion on where its drawn and why

Don't bring VAR into this as well ffs  ;D
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 03:32:56 pm by NeoAdjuvant »
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16787 on: May 6, 2021, 03:28:10 pm »
Cannot believe people still pay the full whack instead of getting a light membership.

Have you seen the scarf and pen you get with the Full? It's priceless  ;D

But yeah, my point is they aren't doing this for money from sold memberships. 

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #16788 on: May 6, 2021, 03:29:01 pm »
Sounds like 300 fans got done cus it was the lesser evil... Fair play however if I was one if those I won't be happy so...surely they'll find a way to get them tickets via the new exchange system. 20 F&F  not members is a clever idea from the club as that's fresh faces in the shop spending compare to one person who might not shop every game. Credits don't count either way so need for checks either. The 20 names are given before the season starts so most touts will be stopped.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16789 on: May 6, 2021, 03:29:39 pm »
Don't like this if true to be honest. Basically forcing people to come up with the best part of a grand in 2 months. Should've kept it as 2 sales and announced that next summer it will revert to 1.

Sorry but this is the best way of doing it, club had no other option. Too many variables. Tough.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16790 on: May 6, 2021, 03:31:14 pm »
Sorry but this is the best way of doing it, club had no other option. Too many variables. Tough.

Well it's not happening, so you will need to find something else to be bitter about  :wave

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16791 on: May 6, 2021, 03:31:56 pm »
The reason for 20 is it’ll mean different/new fans coming to the stadium. And what do new fans do? Buy merch.

Same with the reason for doing massive ticket lotteries. Will bring new fans to Anfield and they’ll sell more merch.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16792 on: May 6, 2021, 03:32:17 pm »

Ahh ok, I get that part. What I don't know is if there's a pre login to prevent lots of folk who don't qualify trying to login or overload on day of a bulk sale like we've had historically

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16793 on: May 6, 2021, 03:32:53 pm »
Can’t wait for all the cries about how the atmosphere is appalling over the next two years with all the day-trippers from the lottery.

Bad enough as it was.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16794 on: May 6, 2021, 03:35:37 pm »

What is needed for bulk sales is not even being able to get in a queue to log in though. You'll still gets thousands blocking the queue only to get to the front and then realise once they log in that there's nothing for them to buy.

Edit - yes, as Harinder said above.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 03:37:38 pm by redgriffin73 »

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16795 on: May 6, 2021, 03:35:47 pm »
Can’t wait for all the cries about how the atmosphere is appalling over the next two years with all the day-trippers from the lottery.

Bad enough as it was.

So you are saying it was bad when you were in there then?!?  Not really helping your argument there mate!

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16796 on: May 6, 2021, 03:36:27 pm »
What is needed for bulk sales is not even being able to get in a queue to log in though. You'll still gets thousands blocking the queue only to get to the front and then realise once they log in that there's nothing for them to buy.

There are no bulk sales now though are there?!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16797 on: May 6, 2021, 03:36:57 pm »
I don't always get the time like I used to be on RAWK. I do read what's placed in here as truly it's feedback to put into ticketing forums so that all opinions are represented. I had a feeling some of the 300 or so would also be RAWKites so only fair I come in to hear what's being felt so can push back to club to see what can happen

Please do push it back if you can

Sensible and workable solutions have been suggested in here so that fans who attended games in our title winning season arent shafted

Cheers

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16798 on: May 6, 2021, 03:37:19 pm »
So you are saying it was bad when you were in there then?!?  Not really helping your argument there mate!

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Interesting enough, I alone do not have the voice of ten thousand men.

Grow up.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16799 on: May 6, 2021, 03:38:27 pm »
That’s exactly what I’m saying. Interesting enough, I alone do not have the voice of ten thousand men.

Grow up.

I am fully grown thanks.