Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 512233 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #7800 on: January 1, 2022, 08:48:52 pm »

I personally think Arsenal would be a decent move for him right now.

Beeb reporting spuds after him. Would be a good move. He’d link up well with likes of Kane and Son, providing his back doesn’t play up ;D
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7801 on: January 2, 2022, 12:17:30 am »
Beeb reporting spuds after him. Would be a good move. He’d link up well with likes of Kane and Son, providing his back doesn’t play up ;D

And providing Kane doesn't accidentally stay on holiday too long again.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7802 on: January 2, 2022, 10:45:13 am »
And providing Kane doesn't accidentally stay on holiday too long again.

Coutinho doesn't go on lengthy holidays. His bad back requires regular treatment.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #7803 on: January 5, 2022, 05:11:05 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #7805 on: January 5, 2022, 05:12:59 pm »
If he came back here what sort of % of the okd Coutinho would we get do people think?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7806 on: January 5, 2022, 05:14:21 pm »
If he came back here what sort of % of the okd Coutinho would we get do people think?

50%.  Think a loan might be a good move for both, but you'd be nuts to actually buy him at this point in his career.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #7807 on: January 5, 2022, 05:16:10 pm »
50%.  Think a loan might be a good move for both, but you'd be nuts to actually buy him at this point in his career.

Well, you’d be nuts or you’d be say, Villa, Leicester 😁
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7808 on: January 5, 2022, 05:19:39 pm »
Coutinho would instantly be the best player at Villa, it'll be a good move for him actually.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7809 on: January 5, 2022, 05:20:00 pm »
Well, you’d be nuts or you’d be say, Villa, Leicester 😁

The Villa talk is a loan, I think?  The big worry for me would be if Gerrard gets him and plays him as a 10, he was never any good in that position for us.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7810 on: January 5, 2022, 05:32:53 pm »
we should go for him

Mandy on twitter said Barca still owe us 45 million
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7811 on: January 5, 2022, 06:39:42 pm »
we should go for him

Mandy on twitter said Barca still owe us 45 million

They owe a 3rd party who bought the debt 45 million maybe.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7812 on: January 5, 2022, 08:45:23 pm »
They owe a 3rd party who bought the debt 45 million maybe.
I'll take it. :) Tell them we'll take Fati and we call it quits.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7813 on: January 5, 2022, 08:46:55 pm »
Always see (possibly bollocks) links to Everton. Would be fucking hilarious if he went there. It's mad how bad he looks whenever you watch him now. It's like any semblance of what made him really good is gone. I think if he ended up at one of our league rivals it'd make the whole saga even funnier. Everton of course would be the best but even someone like Arsenal or Spurs would be a laugh.

Rafa did manage him at Inter i think?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7814 on: January 5, 2022, 09:01:07 pm »
His wife's gonna love Birmingham after being so desperate to go to Barcelona ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7815 on: January 6, 2022, 05:37:55 am »
His wife's gonna love Birmingham after being so desperate to go to Barcelona ;D
They start with the same letter and have two others in common, so...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #7816 on: January 6, 2022, 12:41:12 pm »
Coutinho would instantly be the best player at Villa, it'll be a good move for him actually.

McGinn, Luiz and Watkins all put in a shift compared to Coutinho. There’s a reason he is up for grabs - it’s the fact that he cannot do the off the ball stuff required of modern day forwards/attacking midfielders. He couldn’t in his pomp with us; now he’s on the decline he’s the very epitome of a luxury player.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7817 on: January 6, 2022, 01:34:53 pm »
Will be interesting to see what he will do if he comes back to the league and how much Villa have to pay but if I was a betting man I think he will out perform the 100m flop that left to join City. 1 goal 2 assists in a side that has 50 plus goals and similar assists. Villa were laughing to the bank when they sold Grealish and if they get his replacement on the cheap then it could be one of the deals of the decade.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7818 on: January 6, 2022, 03:08:47 pm »
Surprised he hasn't already moved - figured Barcelona would have a had a deal ready for him on Jan 1, 2022

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7819 on: January 6, 2022, 03:12:29 pm »
Villa were laughing to the bank when they sold Grealish and if they get his replacement on the cheap then it could be one of the deals of the decade.

One of, if not the most ridiculous transfer ever. I was in stitches when it went through. 
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7820 on: January 6, 2022, 08:47:35 pm »
Villa were laughing to the bank when they sold Grealish and if they get his replacement on the cheap then it could be one of the deals of the decade.

Villa doing to City what we did to Barca ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #7821 on: January 6, 2022, 08:50:42 pm »
One of, if not the most ridiculous transfer ever. I was in stitches when it went through. 

Absolutely fucking rinsed them.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7822 on: January 6, 2022, 09:23:40 pm »
I know the ship has sailed and he's not exactly prime Coutinho anymore blah blah, but fuck it, I'd take him back on a cheap 2 year contract.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7823 on: January 6, 2022, 10:08:53 pm »
Imagine signing for Barca for £142m and then ending up at Aston Villa a few years later.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7824 on: January 6, 2022, 10:15:31 pm »
Surprised he hasn't already moved - figured Barcelona would have a had a deal ready for him on Jan 1, 2022

He's holding out so that they have to pay to get rid,there's no way that Villa can match his salary & no way he'll take the full hit himself.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7825 on: January 6, 2022, 10:47:17 pm »
Wonder if we put a sell on clause in there? Do us a favour Stevie and up the offer :P

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7826 on: January 7, 2022, 09:52:37 am »
Past his best.

Wonder how his family feel.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7827 on: January 7, 2022, 10:03:51 am »
Absolutely wild signing for Villa. There's no way the drop off isn't at least part systemic. Like it doesn't make any sense. At Barca it was clear that being in the same side of the biggest shot creating footballer of all time wasn't good for him, as he's a player that needs to be at the centre of everything creative himself. He is essentially Messi-lite. If Gerrard sticks him in that 8 position and tries to get the game revolving around him, get him on the ball as much as possible, it could be absolutely amazing for them.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7828 on: January 7, 2022, 10:22:16 am »
Absolutely wild signing for Villa. There's no way the drop off isn't at least part systemic. Like it doesn't make any sense. At Barca it was clear that being in the same side of the biggest shot creating footballer of all time wasn't good for him, as he's a player that needs to be at the centre of everything creative himself. He is essentially Messi-lite. If Gerrard sticks him in that 8 position and tries to get the game revolving around him, get him on the ball as much as possible, it could be absolutely amazing for them.

Games moved on.

Lads not played for three seasons.

He’s also a fucking rat.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2022, 10:23:59 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7829 on: January 7, 2022, 10:22:41 am »

:lmao

I actually think he'll do great there under Stevie. City have Villa the final day of the season, it's all coming together.  :wave
:D

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7830 on: January 7, 2022, 10:28:15 am »
City have Villa the final day of the season, it's all coming together.  :wave

:D

He's become such a figure of fun these last few years I forget how big some of his goals were

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7831 on: January 7, 2022, 10:28:23 am »
He's massively declined but as long as his back has healed he might be decent for them, I suppose.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7832 on: January 7, 2022, 10:29:08 am »
Easy to laugh at him for the way things have gone but he was never really a £120m footballer and would have always struggled to live up to the expectation that kind of fee brings at a club like Barcelona who were (and still are) desperate for an heir to Messi which unfortunately for them will probably never arrive.

Add in the systemic and tactical issues which he faced and he was on a hiding to nothing.

Potentially good signing for Villa but will always be questions as to whether a team of their quality will be able to carry a lad like him. Will probably score a few worldies between now and May but not much more and end up back at Barcelona before moving somewhere mad at the end of the season for a massive pay cut.

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
« Reply #7833 on: January 7, 2022, 10:41:19 am »
Imagine signing for Barca for £142m and then ending up at Aston Villa a few years later.

A poor man's Louie Barry

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7834 on: January 7, 2022, 12:29:14 pm »
Not sure how the signing fits in when they already have Buendia and Ramsey, but Coutinho is still phenomenal talentwise and hasn't had much wear and tear in terms of injuries. He also has the ability to play as a deep playmaker. To be honest, I'm really looking forward to seeing him play regularly.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7835 on: January 7, 2022, 12:33:37 pm »
He hasn't been bought in to save them relegation and they're unlikely to push for Europe so not sure how much tangible benefit they'll get from his singing but at least their fans are excited.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7836 on: January 7, 2022, 12:36:04 pm »
Hope he does well.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7837 on: January 7, 2022, 12:41:34 pm »
Easy to laugh at him for the way things have gone but he was never really a £120m footballer and would have always struggled to live up to the expectation that kind of fee brings at a club like Barcelona who were (and still are) desperate for an heir to Messi which unfortunately for them will probably never arrive.

Add in the systemic and tactical issues which he faced and he was on a hiding to nothing.

Potentially good signing for Villa but will always be questions as to whether a team of their quality will be able to carry a lad like him. Will probably score a few worldies between now and May but not much more and end up back at Barcelona before moving somewhere mad at the end of the season for a massive pay cut.

People are forgetting that after a decent start in Germany he then turned to shit,so it's not all about tictacs.

And we laugh at him because he acted the twat.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #7838 on: January 7, 2022, 12:41:41 pm »
I think he’ll turn out to be a very good signing for Villa, if they can get him permanently.

The Barcelona move destabilised him in some way. I still think there’s a brilliant player in there.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #7839 on: January 7, 2022, 12:41:41 pm »
Coutinho's not a player I wish anything bad happening for really, but I've always been glad to see how it's worked out for him. The Bayern loan obviously went well for him but since leaving Liverpool it must have been mostly painful for him. I don't begrudge him of wanting to play for Barca with Messi et al but there where obviously a couple of things that done him no favours. The wanting to leave story just before the season began, the bad back, the great sadness for his family etc etc.

My guess right now is he doesn't produce much for Villa and doesn't sign permanently, repeat all this nonsense in the summer. Basically four years to the day of leaving us and now he's with a bottom half Prem side. Madness.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.