Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 509235 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #7840 on: January 7, 2022, 12:44:22 pm »
Hope he does well.

Same but that's only because I want Stevie to do well.

Fucking hate Villa and their tosser fans.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7841 on: January 7, 2022, 01:03:00 pm »
He hasn't been bought in to save them relegation and they're unlikely to push for Europe so not sure how much tangible benefit they'll get from his singing but at least their fans are excited.

He's their record-breaking signing. Or at least mp3-breaking.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7842 on: January 7, 2022, 01:05:09 pm »
People are forgetting that after a decent start in Germany he then turned to shit,so it's not all about tictacs.

And we laugh at him because he acted the twat.

Does he like the ordinary flavoured ones or the orange?  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7843 on: January 7, 2022, 01:52:15 pm »
I wanted to see how Stevie does without cheat codes from his ex playing days. But I understand why he’s signed him.

Surprised he didn’t sign for Borussia moenchenbadback ;D
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7844 on: January 7, 2022, 01:56:39 pm »
Does he like the ordinary flavoured ones or the orange?  :D

Orange ones are awful.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #7845 on: January 7, 2022, 02:00:36 pm »
How the mighty have fallen, thought he had outgrown us, now he’s on loan at Villa  :lmao
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7846 on: January 7, 2022, 02:05:43 pm »
There is something funny how he's ending up at them after wanting to leave us  ;D

Think he might do well there though this season, won't begrudge him it too much as long as it's not against us and is against our rivals!

Offline Adams83

• Main Stander
« Reply #7847 on: January 7, 2022, 02:10:54 pm »
I hope he does well, but it's a long time since he's been any good. It's not often players manage to suddenly regain that form. Might improve Villa still. Be interewsting to see how well he does there.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7848 on: January 7, 2022, 02:53:05 pm »
I hold no grudges against him, bought for c£8m sold for c£140m. Money we used to build our title winning team.

Always liked him as a player and hope he does well there, they play City on the last day, imagine a Gerrard led team with the magician costing them the title :)
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7849 on: January 7, 2022, 02:54:22 pm »
His sale directly helped us to big ears and number 19. Don't have even 0.1% bitterness towards him and I hope he smashes it, just not against us.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7850 on: January 7, 2022, 03:03:19 pm »
Main thing I missed about having him was his ability to strike a ball from distance with such accuracy. In my living memory only Stevie was better than him at that.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7851 on: January 7, 2022, 03:15:58 pm »

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7852 on: January 7, 2022, 03:41:31 pm »
Hope it goes well for him, don't bear him any ill will.  Maybe if we'd gone to shit after he left, I'd feel different.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7853 on: January 7, 2022, 06:20:57 pm »
Those first few weeks after he signed and where it seemed like he was just playing through balls to Sturridge for fun was probably the first time I got excited about where we were headed under Rodgers.

It's crazy to think it's almost 10 years now and to see what's happened since to the club, Rodgers and Coutinho.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7854 on: January 7, 2022, 07:13:55 pm »
Will he be registered in time to play on Monday against the Mancs, or do the FA not work weekends?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #7855 on: January 7, 2022, 08:50:08 pm »
I would like to thank him for one of the greatest memories I have of Liverpool.  When he got twatted 4-0 there.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
« Reply #7856 on: January 7, 2022, 09:11:21 pm »
Orange ones are awful.

of all the weird opinions expressed on this forum, this one is just baffling

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7857 on: January 7, 2022, 09:20:18 pm »
Villa doing to City what we did to Barca ;D

Except what Villa did to City didn't break them financially. ;D

To go from Liverpool, Barcelona and a brief stint at Bayern Munich, to end up at Aston Villa... fuck me. He doesn't turn 30 for another six months.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #7858 on: January 7, 2022, 10:29:47 pm »
He's a quality player, be nice to see him knock in a few on his right foot. If it's against our rivals then all the better.

Past all the leaving shenanigans now.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7859 on: January 7, 2022, 10:37:19 pm »
He's still decent. Although he wasn't even close to living up to his tramsfer fee in a declining Barca side, he still put up decent numbers when he did play iirc

Think he'll score 4 or 5 goals before the seasons done and get nominated for player of the month at least once. They don't have anyone on his level IMO, even now he's not as good. Watch their players and staff start talking about how unreal he's been in training

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #7860 on: January 8, 2022, 12:13:54 am »
Think very carefully before you leave Liverpool thinking things will be better
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7861 on: January 8, 2022, 12:27:22 am »
Hold no bitterness towards him at all. Hope it goes well - he’s a good lad and great player, although not sure exactly how much he’s declined in the last 4 years. Interesting one really - he looked world class when he left.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7862 on: January 8, 2022, 09:30:50 am »
He’d hate playing against our midfield, and it will be comical if he’s asked to track back against the likes of Mane or Salah.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7863 on: January 8, 2022, 09:50:17 am »
He’d hate playing against our midfield, and it will be comical if he’s asked to track back against the likes of Mane or Salah.

Assuming any of them are fit. ;D

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7864 on: January 8, 2022, 09:54:02 am »
The way he moved to Barcelona isn't dissimilar to the way that basically every player we've signed from Southampton or wherever else has behaved. At the end of the day as we all know Barcelona and Madrid are seen as the ultimate move for a lot of South American players and he and his agent weren't going to miss the opportunity.

It backfired for him, we put together one of our greatest ever teams and there's not really any need for hard feelings. I'd have loved him back to be honest given our dire lack of depth but I suppose we'd rather wait til summer to do anything about it. Those last few months he was here, he was our best player hands down. Absolutely world class and he added some memorable moments to a miserable time at the end of the Rodgers era and lit up the beginning of the Klopp one too. I like him and wish him the best.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7865 on: January 8, 2022, 11:21:18 am »
The way he moved to Barcelona isn't dissimilar to the way that basically every player we've signed from Southampton or wherever else has behaved.

So easily forgotten

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7866 on: January 8, 2022, 11:23:50 am »
So easily forgotten

Well yes, because football fans are massive hypocrites. That's okay though because being a supporter of a club is tribal in nature.

Best of luck to him at Villa, hope he can take some points off our rivals.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7867 on: January 8, 2022, 02:41:49 pm »
So as someone who’s barely watched La Liga over the past few years (because it’s no longer on Sky), what actually happened at Barca? Why did it turn out so badly for him?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7868 on: January 8, 2022, 04:24:10 pm »
Except what Villa did to City didn't break them financially. ;D

To go from Liverpool, Barcelona and a brief stint at Bayern Munich, to end up at Aston Villa... fuck me. He doesn't turn 30 for another six months.

Did he take career advice from Owen? ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7869 on: January 8, 2022, 04:55:00 pm »
Did he take career advice from Owen? ;D

If he takes every chance he gets to reference himself in interviews, yes...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7870 on: January 8, 2022, 05:42:56 pm »
So as someone who’s barely watched La Liga over the past few years (because it’s no longer on Sky), what actually happened at Barca? Why did it turn out so badly for him?
I didn't watch last season and before, so I'm not the one to answer your question, but the premise that he did badly may be off and that's a widely accepted perception... Coutinho put in good numbers at Barca. A slight mesurable decline is evident, but the numbers were not bad. Except they don't match his price tag; I think that's why people judge him to be a failure.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7871 on: January 8, 2022, 08:53:30 pm »
The way he moved to Barcelona isn't dissimilar to the way that basically every player we've signed from Southampton or wherever else has behaved. At the end of the day as we all know Barcelona and Madrid are seen as the ultimate move for a lot of South American players and he and his agent weren't going to miss the opportunity.

It backfired for him, we put together one of our greatest ever teams and there's not really any need for hard feelings. I'd have loved him back to be honest given our dire lack of depth but I suppose we'd rather wait til summer to do anything about it. Those last few months he was here, he was our best player hands down. Absolutely world class and he added some memorable moments to a miserable time at the end of the Rodgers era and lit up the beginning of the Klopp one too. I like him and wish him the best.

it isnt really though. southampton arent near the same level as liverpool whereas i think many of us would consider liverpool at least on a par with Barcelona. he completely belittled the club by the actions he took to force a move. feigning an injury is as low as it gets.  the fact we never showed any interest in taking him back , even on a loan, says it all imo

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7872 on: January 10, 2022, 12:10:48 am »
it isnt really though. southampton arent near the same level as liverpool whereas i think many of us would consider liverpool at least on a par with Barcelona. he completely belittled the club by the actions he took to force a move. feigning an injury is as low as it gets.  the fact we never showed any interest in taking him back , even on a loan, says it all imo

100% right. That was a daft comparison, being contrarian and "objective" for the sake of it. Liverpool and Barcelona will both go through periods where one team is stronger than the other, but both are bonafide Super clubs. Moving between clubs is not an upgrade on club stature, only the team you play in. Same with Manchester United, Juventus, etc. I can take away my bias and acknowledge their stature. Southampton to Liverpool is a massive upgrade in every sense.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7873 on: January 10, 2022, 01:14:54 am »
does he get to play tomorrow and torment the Professor?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #7874 on: January 10, 2022, 10:50:42 am »
does he get to play tomorrow and torment the Professor?

That would be perfect, but I believe he only landed in Birmingham last night.

Another Europa-type goal in front of the Stretford End would be nice  ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7875 on: January 10, 2022, 12:10:09 pm »
I don't wish him any ill will; we used the money from his sale to furnish our own dreams.

His dreams have been dashed and knocked about by an ill-fitting move and then very high wages blocking an escape.

He's always needed a lot of love from his coach and to be a good fit in a system; with both of those he was absolutely top class. If his goals can hurt some of our league rivals,
that will be all good really.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7876 on: January 10, 2022, 03:06:36 pm »
100% right. That was a daft comparison, being contrarian and "objective" for the sake of it. Liverpool and Barcelona will both go through periods where one team is stronger than the other, but both are bonafide Super clubs. Moving between clubs is not an upgrade on club stature, only the team you play in. Same with Manchester United, Juventus, etc. I can take away my bias and acknowledge their stature. Southampton to Liverpool is a massive upgrade in every sense.

I think the transfer process is similar no matter what club is involved as agent/player hears about interest, bags of money thrown at them, kicks up a fuss and gets their way eventually. Its a short career and agents insure their clients move / threaten to move on a regular basis to max out their earnings. At the time Barcelona was on a different playing field so can see why he wanted to go. Its not as if he dropped his tools because Arsenal came a calling.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7877 on: January 11, 2022, 05:03:52 am »
Always had a good record against City. Hope he can smash a couple in to help us out.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #7878 on: January 11, 2022, 08:02:18 am »

I feel it depends on the perspective. I feel its like comparing apples and oranges.

To us fans, Southampton to Liverpool is a bigger jump than Liverpool to Barcelona. And I think we are right to evaluate it as such. I mean, its obvious. No questions there.

To the player, its different in that they all see the "from" club as a stepping stone. The player sees an opportunity to jump up (mind you its his perspective) from Southampton to Liverpool or Liverpool to Barcelona.

Whilst I reluctantly agree that a move from Liverpool to Barcelona is lucrative to him (weather, city, countryside, guaranteed trophy etc.. and its hard to disagree considering he came from Italy and Brazil earlier) I disagree with the way in which he left us.

Thats why I see it from a different perspective. I learnt it the hard way with Torres.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7879 on: January 11, 2022, 10:42:52 am »
I feel it depends on the perspective. I feel its like comparing apples and oranges.

To us fans, Southampton to Liverpool is a bigger jump than Liverpool to Barcelona. And I think we are right to evaluate it as such. I mean, its obvious. No questions there.

To the player, its different in that they all see the "from" club as a stepping stone. The player sees an opportunity to jump up (mind you its his perspective) from Southampton to Liverpool or Liverpool to Barcelona.

Whilst I reluctantly agree that a move from Liverpool to Barcelona is lucrative to him (weather, city, countryside, guaranteed trophy etc.. and its hard to disagree considering he came from Italy and Brazil earlier) I disagree with the way in which he left us.

Thats why I see it from a different perspective. I learnt it the hard way with Torres.

Another perspective is to see how Suarez is still admired by many, despite being the biggest **** of all in getting his move from Liverpool. I can't bring myself to dislike Coutinho all that much when there's a much worse example. Gloat over his subsequent failure, yes.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258