Author Topic: CL: Spartak 1 v Liverpool 1 (Fernando 23', Coutinho 30')  (Read 76945 times)

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: CL: Spartak 1 v Liverpool 1 (Fernando 23', Coutinho 30')
« Reply #680 on: September 26, 2017, 10:11:12 pm »
Salah has 4 in Premier League, top scorer is Aguero on 6.

Aguero does it year in, year out. As do the likes of Lukaku, Kane and others. We don't have that kind of player.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #681 on: September 26, 2017, 10:11:17 pm »
What a load of crap..people are delighted if we win, but justifiably are frustrated after performances like that. All you are trying to do is make yourself look like a superfan.

Mate, we win and there's barely 9 pages in the post-game thread. Lose and it's pandemonium. The culture amongst our fans is embarrassing. Go to a 3 o'clock home game at Anfield. It tells the whole story...

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: September 26, 2017, 10:11:20 pm »
What a load of crap..people are delighted if we win, but justifiably are frustrated after performances like that. All you are trying to do is make yourself look like a superfan.

Sure, but there's some on here who never seem to post unless it's to whinge in the half time or post match threads.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #683 on: September 26, 2017, 10:11:31 pm »
Important we go and beat Maribor now.

We should have six points but have two instead.

It wasn't great but there are no reasons for heads to fall off.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: September 26, 2017, 10:11:55 pm »
Not a disastrous result but another game where we’re regretting not taking some great chances. That Moscow side is poor. Fancy Sevilla to do them home and away which means if we put Maribor away we’ll be alright.

Horrendous goalkeeping for the free kick. He doesn’t move until the ball is pretty much past him.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #686 on: September 26, 2017, 10:12:03 pm »
Why are some of us calling Emre Can Bobby?

Not noticed anyone doing that. Firmino is known as Bobby.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: September 26, 2017, 10:12:21 pm »
Yeah and he should have about 10.

Exactly, in a few months time he'll be just as good as any of the ones who play for our rivals.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #688 on: September 26, 2017, 10:12:21 pm »

Because we're fractions away from hammering teams. A little sharpness, a little patience, a little composure, a little luck, a little belief. I'm perfectly calm because this feels to me like one of those brief stuttering spells that come shortly before a run of dominant, heavy wins.

I hope you're right mate but football is a game of fine margins and we've been consistently on the wrong side of those margins for far too long.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #689 on: September 26, 2017, 10:12:23 pm »
People in these threads are so negative it's ridiculous. It's a frustrating as fuck night but it's hardly a disaster of a result. We'll be fine.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: September 26, 2017, 10:12:25 pm »
Klopp's subs were a bit baffling. Finally makes them at a reasonable time, but he takes Mane off, keeps Firmino on and brings on Wijnaldum. Set the tone for the rest of the game. When Sturridge and Firmino are on the pitch together our attack is a mess.

Firmino was poor, Emre Can was poor. Wijnaldum, as expected, changed nothing.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: September 26, 2017, 10:12:34 pm »
If Karius hadn’t have dived, nobody would be saying he should have saved it.

If the ball gets over the wall on that side, the keeper has no right to save it. Especially at that pace.

Think Aurelio in the 4-0 win at Old Trafford.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #692 on: September 26, 2017, 10:12:50 pm »
Our first goal came from short, quick passing at the edge of the box and that’s when we play best, quick give and go’s, plenty of movement and off the ball running, why in the second half did we panic and start spraying long balls all over the pitch & to our forward line with an average height below 6’0?!

Firmino on his day is great to watch and great to have in the team, but of recent he’s been out of form & on nights like these when everyone seems to be missing chances it’s when you need a quality striker to step up and take one chance.. unfortunately we don’t have one in our team!

Not the end of the world, so onwards and upward & let’s just get out of the group!  :wave

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: September 26, 2017, 10:12:55 pm »
The ref lost control of the game and he should have been booking some of their players, who were just going down and time wasting.
Farce mate was easily another 3 minutes on top of that 8 just after the 90 alone. Fucking flute bag even stopped the game when one of their players went down 

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #694 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:08 pm »
Salah has 4 in Premier League, top scorer is Aguero on 6.

Come back in April.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:12 pm »
Not sure why Mane going off is relevant. We created 3 or 4 clear cut chances (sitters even) without him. Unless he's the one getting on the end of one of those sitters, but that's tenuous conjecture at best.

Personally impressed that we carved open the enormous bus over and over again as we did. No, the bad finishing isn't on, obviously, but the creativity to create chances running through this team is electrifying.

Would personally like to see more of Solanke. Shame he didn't make the bench today, he's the kind of finisher that could have won it for us and sent everyone home happy.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #696 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:15 pm »
Klopp's subs were a bit baffling. Finally makes them at a reasonable time, but he takes Mane off, keeps Firmino on and brings on Wijnaldum. Set the tone for the rest of the game. When Sturridge and Firmino are on the pitch together our attack is a mess.

Firmino was poor, Emre Can was poor. Wijnaldum, as expected, changed nothing.
He seemed shot though.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:26 pm »

If the ball gets over the wall on that side, the keeper has no right to save it. Especially at that pace.

Aurelio's was near the post not near the centre.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #698 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:38 pm »

If he moved quicker, he would have at least got a hand on it.

It was shit goalkeeping and footwork.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #699 on: September 26, 2017, 10:13:49 pm »
Hendo has been boss the last couple of games but fuck me Can and Wijnaldum have been pretty dreadful all season bar Arsenal. Midfield is a big concern imo, need Lallana back badly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:06 pm »
Come back in April.

Think Salah just needs a bit of time to settle in, he's already showing great signs.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #701 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:07 pm »
fuck me, where d'you sit?.......it's the superfans who'd be getting bingo'd

Anfield but not with the fucking Crybaby's in this thread. c*nts
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:08 pm »
18 pages in under an hour? Well im off to bed. Goodnight Rawk
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:24 pm »

Aurelio's was near the post not near the centre.

Doesn’t matter. Point is, Van Der Sar couldn’t see the ball until it was too late. He just didn’t bother trying.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:27 pm »
Those complaining about the Mane sub. He was getting doubled up on and kicked all night. The change along with taking Can off/Gini on moved us to more of a diamond with Firmino playing deeper, the full backs way up the pitch and Salah playing really close to Sturridge. We had our best chances after the changes. Before that the gap (width) between Phil and Can was too big. No one was dictating the game. It was notably better afterwards. The problem was the subs took too long to happen, those lads were wrecked on 55, Sturridge/Gini didn't come on for another 10-15. And that we conceded the softest goal of all time, and couldn't hit a donkey's arse with a banjo upfront. 

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #705 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:35 pm »
I don't give a damn what he did at Arsenal. I only care about what Klopp can do to improve him and get him playing at a far higher level then he could dream about playing at Arsenal. I have no doubt he will prove a great option for us to have long term. He still needs time to get used to the way we play, so for that reason alone to judge him so quickly would just be daft.

Perfect - that's your prerogative. It doesn't mean that my opinion of him being distinctly average based on the 160 appearances in the PL, Europe and for England is an 'instant judgement' though. To think that Klopp has this magic wand to improve him so much that he becomes a great option is hopeful at best.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline stevo747

• Anny Roader
« Reply #706 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:38 pm »
I thought Spartak were absolutely awful tonight, worse than any team we've faced this season. We should have wiped the floor with them . On the plus side thought Moreno and Henderson where excellent tonight. But quite clearly Karius has a long way to go to be a top class keeper and shouldn't be playing in Goal for a Champions League team. Firminho was woeful again,  can't understand how he started in the first place, looked like he needed a rest at the weekend, even more surprised how he stayed on.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #707 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:39 pm »
Because we're fractions away from hammering teams. A little sharpness, a little patience, a little composure, a little luck, a little belief. I'm perfectly calm because this feels to me like one of those brief stuttering spells that come shortly before a run of dominant, heavy wins.

Totally agree, we could have won by a canter today, but it just didn't quite happen, but it will. Moscow is a hard place to win in, not many teams will win there. But somebody will get a thrashing soon, just hope its United or maybe Spurs, that would be nice.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:42 pm »

He moved as soon as he saw the ball

Offline Rednev

• Main Stander
« Reply #709 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:46 pm »
Mate, the whingers in here fucking love complaining. They wouldn't know what to do if we won. In fact a number of headless wonders don't bother posting when we win. They'll bitch and moan at halftime if we aren't winning but disappear if we actually win the game. You could easily track these fuckers every week.

There's a lot less to talk about when everything is going well. It's like, "Great stuff boys, same again next week. Thought so and so was cracking today, really turned a corner."

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:48 pm »
Every other English teams keeper in the CL saves that freekick I think.

I think Karius probably saves it as well if he had another go. Just a shocking piece of keeping. This goalkeeper rotation does nothing for nobody. Goalkeepers never need rest. Confidence isn't going to grow, and rust isn't going to disappear, for a keeper playing once every now and then. If we can't give Karius a run of games, playing him in some spread-out Champions League matches is just presenting us with one more thing that could cost us points
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:55 pm »
Mate, we win and there's barely 9 pages in the post-game thread. Lose and it's pandemonium. The culture amongst our fans is embarrassing. Go to a 3 o'clock home game at Anfield. It tells the whole story...

People don't complain if they're happy. Of course threads are going to be longer on nights like this. There's nothing wrong with calling tonight for what it was.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #712 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:58 pm »

I expect a Liverpool keeper to make that save.  Its about his starting point and his reactivity to the shot (both were poor).
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #713 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:59 pm »
If we win, like we did on Saturday, they'll just find something their pet scapegoat did wrong or something. You're certainly right about a minority who only ever seem to be around to complain.

They can't pull out the Moreno complaint broken record again.

He played really well today. That ball to Firmino late in the match was perfect.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #714 on: September 26, 2017, 10:15:00 pm »

Yep
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #715 on: September 26, 2017, 10:15:08 pm »

Nah Karius should have done a lot better, it was basically in the centre of the goal when it went in.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: September 26, 2017, 10:15:14 pm »
I think most on here aren't pissed off just about tonight, it's the cumulative effect of seeing this type of result and performance on a pretty regular basis. We don't seem to be learning or eradicating the problems. Incredibly frustrating.

It is, I love the fact that we're going away from home in the CL and playing with this much attacking jntent, and some of the build up play was superb...but we've created so many chances, half-chances and openings this season, but squandered them over and over again. It just seems to be such hard work for us to score. We have some wonderful attacking players but they really need to practice their finishing.

It's not a bad result on paper, but we keep saying that, but too many of these kind of results and you end up having to win your last game in the group by 3 goals or something, and you wonder how you got there.

I thought the defence actually did quite well today though. Spartak were embarrassing, time wasting from early in the second half, and at home!

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #717 on: September 26, 2017, 10:15:16 pm »
"Liverpool played well, dominated the game but weren't ruthless enough & their opponent scored with pretty much their only attempt (s) on goal."

Hoffenhem 1st leg
Watford 3-3
Sevilla 2-2
Burnley 1-1
Leicester 2-0
Leicester 2-3
Moscow 1-1

We've only played about 10 games this season and the above games have all shown the exact same characteristics. Nothing is changing & it's nothing to do with luck.

That's just this season.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #718 on: September 26, 2017, 10:15:27 pm »
Karius isn't good enough, isn't good AT ALL. Whatever people are trying to argue, he has been so poor since joining us. Every single time.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: September 26, 2017, 10:15:43 pm »

I agree. I don't think there's much analysis you could put into it. The ball basically went centre of the goal. I would back myself to save it
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"