Author Topic: CL: Spartak 1 v Liverpool 1 (Fernando 23', Coutinho 30')  (Read 76943 times)

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL: Spartak 1 v Liverpool 1 (Fernando 23', Coutinho 30')
« Reply #840 on: September 26, 2017, 10:37:13 pm »
I dare say people who just "enjoy" complaining were, but most others were quite happy with our goals, it was the other end of the field that more fans were worried about.
Not against bus parking teams, no.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #841 on: September 26, 2017, 10:37:45 pm »
He said yesterday he loves Harry Kane. He signed Lewandowski.

He's not wedded to Bobby Firmino. He'll be upgraded next summer. It should have been the one just gone though.

He didn't though did he? So he is obviously still calm and confident that things will improve, and I think they will too.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: September 26, 2017, 10:38:38 pm »
Not against bus-parking teams, no.

Which was why he changed the tactics at the end of the season, and how we managed to get into the Champion's League.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: September 26, 2017, 10:38:49 pm »
Also, Jonathan Pearce was absolutely dreadful on the comms. How did someone not mention that Mane isn't suspended for the Newcastle game? He said Mane was banned about three times (incorrectly!).

And just to add to my other reply, didn't he also call Sadio "Sané" multiple times?  ::)
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #844 on: September 26, 2017, 10:38:53 pm »
Assuming we come 2nd in the group, can we draw another Engish side in the R16?
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Sulla

• Kemlynite
« Reply #845 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:10 pm »
Mignolet would have saved that, can was not good and also responsible. Frustrating result given our dominance

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:21 pm »

No.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #847 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:27 pm »
And Spartak.... Spartak, oh my oh my. If that is the standard of Russian football then I really have no words. Pulis would be delighted by that game plan tonight. Quite easily one of the worst teams I've ever seen in the Champions League. Talk about being dragged down to their level...

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #848 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:31 pm »

Nope, last 16 still has country protection.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

• Anny Roader
« Reply #849 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:32 pm »
Which was why he changed the tactics at the end of the season, and how we managed to get into the Champion's League.
Not at all what you were talking about.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:44 pm »
Did everything but put the ball in the net,a bit anticlimactic but cannot fault the players or the boss.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Sulla

• Kemlynite
« Reply #851 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:48 pm »

No

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:53 pm »
Yet again on Rawk there is drama queens, super fans and those in the middle but leaning one way or another. Middle ground people (me included) get pissed off with the extreme elements and say so and the extreme elements join in. Same shit different day [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:58 pm »

I don't think we can whether we finish first or second.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #854 on: September 26, 2017, 10:40:21 pm »
Imagine if we'd lost.

People are going to come here to vent in the immediate aftermath of a bad result. If you don't want to see it then swerve the place.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #855 on: September 26, 2017, 10:40:27 pm »
That's the whole point though. Doesn't mean he did great.

I'm not sure what you mean. Karius invited the kick to go to his left and was too far over to his right. The ball bent back towards him and yet he still didn't get across to it. It's one reason why we have two players over the ball at our freekicks. One will probably be a left footer and the other right footed. The keeper therefore needs to cover both sides of the goal. Spartak didn't do that and it was obvious where the ball was going. Yes it was struck well but get your positioning correct and you'll save it easily.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:42:15 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #856 on: September 26, 2017, 10:40:57 pm »
They didn't park the bus, they just had no idea what to do with the ball. Bus Parkers don't get hit 5-2 on the counter atttack.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: September 26, 2017, 10:41:02 pm »
Last six games, 121 shots : 6 goals.

Who needs a striker ?

Jaysus
Is that true ?  That's mental.  Maybe we should stick a defender up front, and a striker at the back, swap roles, see what happens. Maybe big Dejan can be a Paul Warhurst flash in the pan for us, or a Chris Sutton. 

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #858 on: September 26, 2017, 10:41:12 pm »
Like we didn't have last season you mean? Remind me again of how many we scored.

And we scraped 4th. Take Sturridge out of the options (which you can do anyway as he isnt the "1st name on the sheet") and who are our actual strikers? We dont have one. Bobby is a "false 9", Solanke is a kid (though id play him) and everyone else is a wide forward. You can look at all the other top sides and answer, who is their striker, with ease. If we had one we wouldnt have to worry about the defence too much :)
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: September 26, 2017, 10:41:15 pm »
People are going to come here to vent in the immediate aftermath of a bad result. If you don't want to see it then swerve the place.

You'll still get people moaning until the weekend in this thread, some will keep this thread going until we kick off against Newcastle if they could.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #860 on: September 26, 2017, 10:41:46 pm »
This same side , that frustrates and pleases in equal measure , will stick 3 or 4 past United and everyone will be on cloud 9 ... It's a ride I know but it's nice to watch

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #861 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:10 pm »
If we win, like we did on Saturday, they'll just find something their pet scapegoat did wrong or something. You're certainly right about a minority who only ever seem to be around to complain.

Running out of ridiculously positive ways to spin our shit form are we?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #862 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:16 pm »
I don't think we can whether we finish first or second.
Correct on both accounts. No team from the same country (or group) in the R16 whatsoever.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:22 pm »
Half the extra pages are people whinging about the whinging. They'd do a lot better if they just accepted that people want to vent a bit after a poor performance/result.
By the same token you should except people aren't as pissed off and just accept that it was one of those days before you call them the fuck out. Can't gave it both ways lad.

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
« Reply #864 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:32 pm »
That timewasting was quite something? So blatant and yet the ref didn't nothing. Not a single booking for timewasting. Criminal.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #865 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:39 pm »
So simple/easy that not one other team did it?

Not a point about the need or otherwise for a striker but seriously talking about building a side like it's just bang down  £60 million for this 28 year old striker job done is a fucking nonsense.

You improve your squad via two methods: coaching your existing players and signing new players to provide qualities they can't or are lacking in.

We have a mabager who places more emphasis on the forner. I admire that. But he does sign players you know. And with the exception of a couple of bargain basement Bundesliga players more suited to the Championship, they've all helped improve us.

Aubameyang is a player who has played successfully under our manager. He's proven at the highest level. He has the second best strike rate in Europe this calendar year. He has blistering pace. These are qualities we are lacking through the middle. And he could have been ours for 1.5 Oxlade-Chamberlain's.

Seems fairly simple to me.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: September 26, 2017, 10:43:18 pm »
This same side , that frustrates and pleases in equal measure , will stick 3 or 4 past United and everyone will be on cloud 9 ... It's a ride I know but it's nice to watch
THAT would be redemption for the past sins of 121 shots and 6 goals.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #867 on: September 26, 2017, 10:43:42 pm »

He didn't move quicker, because he didn't see it. As in, he didn't actually know where it was going. He could have moved quickly the wrong way. We might ask why Mane didn't jump and block it.

His footwork is terrible it ends up dead centre almost, he sets the wall up so if he wants to be using that as an excuse the whole wall should be a yard or two to the left and he covers right.

The shot itself his footwork is terrible. And it ends dead centre almost

It was poor goalkeeping start to finish indefensible
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: September 26, 2017, 10:44:38 pm »
And we scraped 4th. Take Sturridge out of the options (which you can do anyway as he isnt the "1st name on the sheet") and who are our actual strikers? We dont have one. Bobby is a "false 9", Solanke is a kid (though id play him) and everyone else is a wide forward. You can look at all the other top sides and answer, who is their striker, with ease. If we had one we wouldnt have to worry about the defence too much :)

Well we had a young lad called Origi last season who did very well for us around Christmas I seem to remember. But of course certain people on here claimed he wasn't good enough. Now though because he's not around they suddenly start talking about him. I have always thought he has all the tools to become a good player, but sadly that is not enough when the fan base is so impatient for success as we are now.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #869 on: September 26, 2017, 10:44:58 pm »
Also, Jonathan Pearce was absolutely dreadful on the comms. How did someone not mention that Mane isn't suspended for the Newcastle game? He said Mane was banned about three times (incorrectly!).

I suspect the twat doesn't know league cup also counts
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: September 26, 2017, 10:45:27 pm »

Running out of ridiculously positive ways to spin our shit form are we?

Do you say anything to the ones who post ridiculously negative posts?

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: September 26, 2017, 10:45:29 pm »

Wait for the "well you don't like Firmino as striker while Klopp does, so your opinion is crap" retorts.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #872 on: September 26, 2017, 10:45:36 pm »
Well we had a young lad called Origi last season who did very well for us around Christmas I seem to remember. But of course certain people on here claimed he wasn't good enough. Now though because he's not around they suddenly start talking about him. I have always thought he has all the tools to become a good player, but sadly that is not enough when the fan base is so impatient for success as we are now.

Klopp loaned him.out, not you. Only his opinion matters.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #873 on: September 26, 2017, 10:45:54 pm »
That timewasting was quite something? So blatant and yet the ref didn't nothing. Not a single booking for timewasting. Criminal.

Really shocking...I totally agree with you. Frustrating night....

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: September 26, 2017, 10:46:01 pm »
Guess Klopp thinks Sturridge is good enough to cover.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: September 26, 2017, 10:46:39 pm »
Klopp loaned him.out, not you. Only his opinion matters.

:)

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #876 on: September 26, 2017, 10:46:52 pm »

Time wasting? No way! They were all injured from our bullying tactics and thuggery. :)

Glad that the ref decided that the match was travelling too fast and everyone needed to take breathers every 10 minutes in that scorching 7 degree Moscow heat.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: September 26, 2017, 10:47:02 pm »
You improve your squad via two methods: coaching your existing players and signing new players to provide qualities they can't or are lacking in.

We have a mabager who places more emphasis on the forner. I admire that. But he does sign players you know. And with the exception of a couple of bargain basement Bundesliga players more suited to the Championship, they've all helped improve us.

Aubameyang is a player who has played successfully under our manager. He's proven at the highest level. He has the second best strike rate in Europe this calendar year. He has blistering pace. These are qualities we are lacking through the middle. And he could have been ours for 1.5 Oxlade-Chamberlain's.

Seems fairly simple to me.

Do you not think though that if the manager really thought Aubameyang was the answer he would have gone for him pretty quickly. Yet he has shown not one bit of interest in him, maybe he feels he wouldn't be the answer for Liverpool.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: September 26, 2017, 10:47:08 pm »
Why are people moaning about Mane coming off?

We literally created 4 or 5 sitters after he went off.

Mane's our best finisher, so if he's on the pitch, more chance those sitters are put into the back of the net, no?

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: September 26, 2017, 10:47:30 pm »
Like we didn't have last season you mean? Remind me again of how many we scored.

The defence is our main problem, but it's a bit misleading to just point to the number of goals we scored last season - we scored in clusters, often against average teams, but there were several games where we dropped points because we failed to convert out dominance into goals, or missed one or two clear cut chances in a tight game...and even when we scored 3 or 4 we created enough to have scored 10. And the problem seems to have got worse this season, ironically because we now look even more dangerous going forward, with the addition of Salah. We're getting into even more good positions, creating even more half chances and clear chances yet still not scoring as often as we should. Classic example being the day we played Burnley, we had more shots than Man City but we drew and they won 5-0. This is not a fluke anymore, it's becoming a pattern. We've played 11 games this season and dominated all but one, yet we've only won five of them. Even in that City game, we had a couple of good chances before we went behind, but didn't take them.

Firmino is great but he's just not a reliable finisher. Having a reliable, clinical goalscorer helps you make sure you get the goals you deserve when you're dominating a game, or helps you take the one or two chances you get in a tight game. It gives the attack a focal point, and gives the rest of the team confidence that if we dominate and create decent chances, we will score. It also takes pressure off the other attacking players so that when they find themselves in a goalscoring position, they can be more relaxed and focussed as it doesn't all depend on them. I'd like to see Mane played through the middle, he seems to be more clinical than Firmino and we could try that now, with Coutinho on the left and Salah on the right.

I love the way we're playing but it's SO frustrating that we throw away so much of our good work through wasteful finishing and bad decision-making (and bad defending obviously). I don't want us to be a negative team, but there's something almost, what's the word...unprofessional about our lack of concentration, focus and effectiveness in both attack and defence. I don't think it's that the players don't care or don't try, they just seem to lack a certain intensity, focus and determination to make absolutely sure that we win.