Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1904789 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #10480 on: May 24, 2021, 07:58:24 pm »
Accidently clicked on the first page of this thread instead. Makes for sad reading in hindsight.

It's like waiting for Santa to put the gifts under the xmas tree but by page 262 realising it's just your creepy uncle wearing a Santa costume getting you to sit on his lap and asking if you've been a good boy.

;D

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10481 on: May 24, 2021, 08:54:51 pm »
I thought he looked very happy yesterday.

I'd be happy getting paid 10000s a week, AND a free Liverpool ticket in a decent seat.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #10482 on: May 24, 2021, 10:10:30 pm »
Sadly I think his time at the club is running out for him. Certainly got talent and when he's had a run of games he's (sometimes) looked the part, but no where near enough consistency.

With Gini gone and doubts about Shaq and Ox we should be looking to rebuild the back up options for the midfield next season.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10483 on: May 24, 2021, 10:14:13 pm »
Never listening to the RAWK xG and stat gurus when we sign a new player again. I was going around telling everyone that would listen that Keita will be the best midfielder in the league because of yous.
He could have been one of the best if he didn't end up injured every time that he'd been hit by a gentle breeze.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 04:55:03 pm by wheresnemeth »
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10484 on: May 25, 2021, 03:55:47 am »
What a long, long thread this has been. One of a kind. Hope it is put out of it's misery soon.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10485 on: May 25, 2021, 02:32:06 pm »
bump this thread. no he does not have another injury

but man...would really soften the blow of gini leaving if he was at least available for matches.

we all know the talent is there but his body just isnt unfortunately

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10486 on: May 25, 2021, 06:54:00 pm »
we all know the talent is there but his body just isnt unfortunately

An interesting take for sure.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10487 on: May 28, 2021, 11:32:13 am »
From James Pierce in the Athletic

Klopp has already declared that he intends to keep faith with Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Despite ongoing speculation, The Athletic understands that Brighton & Hove Albion’s Yves Bissouma is not a target.

https://theathletic.com/2608070/2021/05/28/konate-deal-is-close-but-liverpool-will-need-to-sell-before-they-buy-more-players/

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #10488 on: May 28, 2021, 11:35:42 am »
I hope we keep Keita and Ox. I really think this could be the season Naby announces himself. I hope he gets and propoer Pre-season and starts playing reagularly.

Midfield three of Fabinho- Thiago and Naby/ox has everything

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #10489 on: May 28, 2021, 11:40:24 am »
Last chance saloon I guess, fingers crossed for the lad as he can be a fantastic player...just not sure he can maintain the level of fitness we require

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10490 on: May 28, 2021, 12:10:58 pm »
Last chance saloon I guess, fingers crossed for the lad as he can be a fantastic player...just not sure he can maintain the level of fitness we require

He has been here three seasons and has struggled to do that. Pearce’s comments mean nothing really, Klopp will always back his players in public.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #10491 on: May 28, 2021, 12:17:58 pm »
He has been here three seasons and has struggled to do that. Pearce’s comments mean nothing really, Klopp will always back his players in public.

he has?

why does it feel like he's only played a handful of games and is still a newbie - feels like kabak has been here longer
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10492 on: May 28, 2021, 01:12:57 pm »
I asked this in the transfer thread but has Klopp ever sold a player at any club he has managed simply because they were injury prone?

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #10493 on: May 28, 2021, 01:15:57 pm »
With our recent injury luck, Naby will probably take until Christmas to get fully fit and then disappear for 6 weeks to Afcon.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10494 on: May 28, 2021, 01:37:50 pm »
I asked this in the transfer thread but has Klopp ever sold a player at any club he has managed simply because they were injury prone?
Not that I'm aware of.  The pattern has tended to be that they remain on the fringes until their contracts expire.  I'm not sure the club would see that as an option on a 26-year old that they paid £50m for!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #10495 on: May 28, 2021, 11:04:14 pm »

Didn't Curtis Jones start ahead of Keita when both were fit? It looks ominous for Keita.

A Harry Kewell mkII. Loads of talent but just don't have fitness to match.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #10496 on: May 28, 2021, 11:32:59 pm »
Didn't Curtis Jones start ahead of Keita when both were fit? It looks ominous for Keita.

A Harry Kewell mkII. Loads of talent but just don't have fitness to match.

Keita started ahead of Thiago when fit, so I wouldn’t read too much into it.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10497 on: May 28, 2021, 11:35:41 pm »
I really think a fit Naby would absolutely boss this league, problem is how long do you give him.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10498 on: May 28, 2021, 11:44:09 pm »
injuries arent the only problem with Keita.

no doubting his ability but he just cant handle the pressure of playing for us.  could see him moving to a smaller club and being excellent for them.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #10499 on: May 29, 2021, 09:10:21 am »
If Keita is here this coming season I hope he has a good season. So that's one person who hasn't completely written him off.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10500 on: May 29, 2021, 09:21:18 am »
Its completely understandable that fans are grumpy over his fitness, he is as bad as Sturridge in that respect. Its not like any one doesn't want him around or to succeed, just you have to draw the line somewhere. Really difficult decision for everyone but its best he moves on and we looked at other options.
- all in my opinion of course -

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10501 on: May 29, 2021, 09:32:48 am »
he has?

why does it feel like he's only played a handful of games and is still a newbie - feels like kabak has been here longer

It feels like that but his numbers aren't that bad. 53 appearances isn't great by any means but not that bad either when you think about it.

Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson they all start when they are fit, and hopefully they'll remain fit next season. Keita, Ox and Jones will be there to cover and to play cup games.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10502 on: May 30, 2021, 02:58:44 pm »
The only thing holding Keita back is his injury record.

When he has played for us, he is the EXACT type of midfielder we need - especially with his press.

We will persist with him because he we are better off persisting with him hoping he can overcome the injuries than accepting a cut price fee for him.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #10503 on: May 30, 2021, 03:26:46 pm »
From James Pierce in the Athletic

https://theathletic.com/2608070/2021/05/28/konate-deal-is-close-but-liverpool-will-need-to-sell-before-they-buy-more-players/
Klopp always support his players publicly. Did he ever say that he intended to sell a specific player?
With about 30 players in the squad, players will be sold though.
I'm pretty sure Klopp would see Ox and Keita for decent bids.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10504 on: May 30, 2021, 06:12:17 pm »
Klopp always support his players publicly. Did he ever say that he intended to sell a specific player?
With about 30 players in the squad, players will be sold though.
I'm pretty sure Klopp would see Ox and Keita for decent bids.

I think he’s been a lot clearer before with players he obviously wanted to sell
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10505 on: May 30, 2021, 06:17:18 pm »
I think he’s been a lot clearer before with players he obviously wanted to sell

As Karius and Sakho have found out.

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #10506 on: May 30, 2021, 06:38:47 pm »
I’d sell the lad for quite a bit less than half of what we paid for him. He’s broken to bits and I’d now have my doubts as to whether he’s even physically capable of doing most of what attracted us to him in the first place. These constant injuries take away what made a player in the first place. He hasn’t been a standout player even when fit, as rare as that’s been.

We’ve got four players in the first team squad consistently picking up injuries and missing around half their football every season. That isn’t tenable.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10507 on: May 30, 2021, 07:01:38 pm »
The only thing holding Keita back is his injury record.

When he has played for us, he is the EXACT type of midfielder we need - especially with his press.

We will persist with him because he we are better off persisting with him hoping he can overcome the injuries than accepting a cut price fee for him.

to be honest except that Chelsea game where he was fantastic, I can't remember any other game that made me excited. That said, i still believe there's a fantastic player hiding somewhere just waiting to bloom.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10508 on: June 10, 2021, 07:27:46 am »
Struck me this morning: loan with obligation to buy. One foot out the door. Secured for €30m worth of the Haaland fee next summer.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10509 on: June 10, 2021, 09:05:08 am »
Struck me this morning: loan with obligation to buy. One foot out the door. Secured for €30m worth of the Haaland fee next summer.

That's assuming the club wants to get rid, and it isn't clear that they do.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10510 on: June 11, 2021, 07:30:41 pm »
Looks like he's put on more muscle mass.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #10511 on: June 11, 2021, 09:55:19 pm »
Lallana has played 3x more matches than Keita last season.

When you couldn't be fitter than Lallana despite being younger, what chance do you have under Klopp?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10512 on: June 12, 2021, 07:51:06 am »
Is he still a thing??

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10513 on: June 12, 2021, 08:59:50 am »
Is he still a thing??

Well, yes. It's the close of the season, even if Keita has recovered from his injury you wouldn't know until pre-season.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10514 on: June 12, 2021, 09:17:59 am »
Is he still a thing??

And the award for most useless, unnecessarily disdainful and negative post goes to...

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #10515 on: June 12, 2021, 10:24:13 am »
Never listening to the RAWK xG and stat gurus when we sign a new player again. I was going around telling everyone that would listen that Keita will be the best midfielder in the league because of yous.
I'd definitely be looking at players that are 8/10 across the board including injury record. Over 10/10 for on the pitch attributes with a 7/10 it less for injury .  Can't oversestimate the importance of having a settled team .
Did we have any injury concerns with him when he joined?
Do soccer players have different injury profiles to American sports? I can't imagine baseball players suffer many . I'm amazed American football players ever last a full game , or ice hockey. Basketball. Similar ? That might affect the model we use for buying players .
Definitely worth paying for few PhDs on better analysing the risk of injury prone
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10516 on: June 12, 2021, 10:34:27 am »
He wasn’t remotely injury prone when we bought him, and for every Naby there’s a Robbo, Mo, Sadio, Diogo, Gini etc
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #10517 on: June 12, 2021, 10:38:31 am »
Hope he finally gets a break from the injuries. Given how stop-start his whole time here has been, it has affected his development quite a bit. That Real Madrid game in particular where he was completely lost and got hooked. Can't even blame him entirely but he really really needs a turnaround. He was on a great trajectory when we signed him and he started off so so brightly and then never got the chance to take off with his injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if he is let go, but I really hope he gets to show why we were so desperate to get him in over the next season.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10518 on: June 12, 2021, 11:06:35 am »
And the award for most useless, unnecessarily disdainful and negative post goes to...

It's an internet football forum fella, have a word with yourself.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10519 on: June 13, 2021, 08:16:00 am »
Just 16 appearances for us last season is so poor but the hope is always there with him. the only positive moment i can remember from last season was that he was excellent at home to arsenal early on in the season, if you can get more of that hes a real asset.