Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 809123 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #4320 on: June 20, 2021, 11:37:00 am »
Oh yes,I thought you meant yesterday.

He should have done much better with that chance against Czech.

I think he has it in him to be a consistent 4-5+ goal a season fullback

Yes, I would agree with that. You would think that Klopp would give all the players challenges season to season and that's where I would like to see Robbo improve further. He should be well capable of that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4321 on: June 20, 2021, 02:13:13 pm »
Bring on Croatia!
Believer

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4322 on: June 20, 2021, 04:03:36 pm »
The “I don’t have a clue so I’m going to have a hearty laugh to cover it up” laugh.

Bugger, I've been found out
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4323 on: June 23, 2021, 01:17:26 am »
Unlucky Robbo lad. Thought he played very well in the Euros.

Have a well earned break and come back ready to fight hard for the next season  :scarf
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4324 on: June 23, 2021, 04:08:14 am »
REST PLEASE.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #4325 on: June 24, 2021, 05:29:48 pm »
@SimonBrundish
Robbo finished his season last night having played 5962mins of football

An increase of 20% on his previous career high

During this time he covered more high speed metres than any footballer in the world

How much of a break is too long for him at this point?  Take off until 2022?  I'm joking but do think that if he looks physically done for at 28 then we'll know why.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4326 on: June 24, 2021, 10:24:28 pm »
@SimonBrundish

During this time he covered more high speed metres than any footballer in the world

How much of a break is too long for him at this point?  Take off until 2022?  I'm joking but do think that if he looks physically done for at 28 then we'll know why.

We really need to use Tsimikas more next season. Or we could just run Robertson into the ground and then sign a new left back when he is done.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4327 on: June 24, 2021, 11:27:58 pm »
We really need to use Tsimikas more next season. Or we could just run Robertson into the ground and then sign a new left back when he is done.
Maybe he won't be run into the ground, maybe he's a player who can fairly easily withstand the demands put on him. Some players just naturally seem able to play and play and play without it affecting them deleteriously.

I know no-one seems to want to consider this but the club and its sports scientists do keep an eye on these things.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4328 on: June 24, 2021, 11:53:45 pm »
Maybe he won't be run into the ground, maybe he's a player who can fairly easily withstand the demands put on him. Some players just naturally seem able to play and play and play without it affecting them deleteriously.

I know no-one seems to want to consider this but the club and its sports scientists do keep an eye on these things.

Is that something sports science can predict that high amount of minutes wont affect him in the long run?

I guess you could pull him out if things start to degrade or some stats fall, but is it not too late by then?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4329 on: June 25, 2021, 09:56:03 am »
@SimonBrundish

Hopefully Scotland miss out on the World Cup (Qatar World Cup tainted anyway) and he gets a mid-season break in 22/23. It's not cool the way top players are being run into the ground these days. Players with good injury records just play constantly.

It's helped that this is the first summer he's had to play in a tournament. Other players (Brazil etc) have to play tournaments every summer. This is Ronaldo's 5th Euros and he'll play in his 5th World Cup next year.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 10:00:09 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #4330 on: June 29, 2021, 07:04:50 pm »

The club and it's sports scientists can predict the future with perfect accuracy?  Wow, when did this happen? 

In actuality they're making the best guess they can and since Robbo has never done this before there is nothing to hang your hat on as far as how his body will respond long term.  There's also the small issue of a once in a 100 year virus with still unknown long term effects.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #4331 on: July 4, 2021, 12:53:33 pm »
Watching Luke Shaw last night highlighted to me how good Robertson really is. Shaw receives a pass, turns back to his own goal, then plays the ball backwards. Repeat. He must have played less than 5 forward passes. Robertson is up and down the touch line the whole game and wants to move the ball forward. I haven’t watched enough other teams last season to appreciate how good he is.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4332 on: July 4, 2021, 02:32:49 pm »
Watching Luke Shaw last night highlighted to me how good Robertson really is. Shaw receives a pass, turns back to his own goal, then plays the ball backwards. Repeat. He must have played less than 5 forward passes. Robertson is up and down the touch line the whole game and wants to move the ball forward. I haven’t watched enough other teams last season to appreciate how good he is.

The praise he was getting was ridiculous, you could almost think you were watching a combination of Fachetti, Breitner and our own Crazy Horse. He is a competent full back but nowhere near Robbo.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #4333 on: July 4, 2021, 02:56:27 pm »
I couldn’t understand that either. Loads of BBC pundits saying Shaw had a great game. He was solid and predictable but he didn’t DO anything other than hold possession.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4334 on: July 4, 2021, 03:19:56 pm »
I couldn’t understand that either. Loads of BBC pundits saying Shaw had a great game. He was solid and predictable but he didn’t DO anything other than hold possession.

Comparisons between the two are pointless because robbo is boss beyond words, but shaw has been part of a defence not to concede in 10 hours and he's got an assist two games in a row. Pretty random discussion really
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4335 on: July 4, 2021, 04:13:44 pm »
Robbo is still arguably the best left back in Europe but don’t see why you’ve used it as a stick to beat Shaw with. He’s come on a lot in the past few seasons to be honest and has looked solid

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4336 on: July 4, 2021, 04:15:09 pm »
Robbo is still arguably the best left back in Europe but don’t see why you’ve used it as a stick to beat Shaw with. He’s come on a lot in the past few seasons to be honest and has looked solid

Still kind of jiggly, no?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #4337 on: July 4, 2021, 04:41:19 pm »
Still kind of jiggly, no?

:lmao

Utd fans like something to hold on to.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4338 on: July 4, 2021, 05:51:11 pm »
Don't don't don't don't don't don't.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4339 on: July 4, 2021, 06:11:22 pm »

I'm sure you can if you have a little think about it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4340 on: July 4, 2021, 09:32:12 pm »
The Robertson slander i'm seeing on the timeline has been annoying but we know the monster we have so fcuk everybody else

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4341 on: July 5, 2021, 12:40:31 pm »
Why the insecurity?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4342 on: July 5, 2021, 01:54:50 pm »
Oh yes,I thought you meant yesterday.

He should have done much better with that chance against Czech.

I think he has it in him to be a consistent 4-5+ goal a season fullback

It's the only thing I'd be critical of Robbo on. He tends to keep the head down and drive through the ball when in front of goal, almost panicking, without taking a split second to choose a spot. Given his incredible accuracy at crossing, I know he has it in him though.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4343 on: July 5, 2021, 01:56:22 pm »
Why the insecurity?
Quite. He’s made of girders. Bit like Milner.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4344 on: August 4, 2021, 05:56:55 pm »
Thinking he will be next in line for a new extension. Can’t wait to see him lift his pasty white arms in celebration.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4345 on: August 4, 2021, 06:26:40 pm »
Would be a good choice to replace Gini as 4th Captain for me. So consistent, with flashes of brilliance.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4346 on: August 8, 2021, 05:19:49 pm »
Nasty twist of the ankle, hopefully he’s ok. He walked off so can’t be that bad 😢
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4347 on: August 8, 2021, 05:29:08 pm »
The slow motion replays looks awful. Can't watch that again, hope he's okay.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4348 on: August 8, 2021, 05:32:40 pm »
Looks a bad yin.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4349 on: August 8, 2021, 05:33:16 pm »
He walked off Roy...

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4350 on: August 8, 2021, 05:34:54 pm »
Could just be one of those that's initially painful that you don't feel the next morning.

Worst case scenario based just at looking at the replay is a grade 2 sprain which would be 4-6 weeks.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #4351 on: August 8, 2021, 05:49:06 pm »
Didn’t look good. Really hoping that is weeks rather than months.
Really sucks to start the season with another injury to a key player.
YWNA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4352 on: August 8, 2021, 05:51:36 pm »
Could just be one of those that's initially painful that you don't feel the next morning.

Worst case scenario based just at looking at the replay is a grade 2 sprain which would be 4-6 weeks.
Yeah, sometimes they’re weird.

Unlucky too.  The ball hit his foot, pushed it to the side and that’s why he landed on it funny
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4353 on: August 8, 2021, 05:58:06 pm »
Having seen Xabi Alonso try to play on with what turned out to be a broken ankle, I'm taking nothing for granted.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4354 on: August 8, 2021, 06:03:26 pm »

What’s not unlucky is failing to building depth behind your best eleven. If we have to play Tsimikas for an extended period it won’t be pretty. Fingers crossed...

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4355 on: August 8, 2021, 06:04:14 pm »
Very disrespectful to Tsimikas that

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4356 on: August 8, 2021, 06:06:22 pm »
What’s not unlucky is failing to building depth behind your best eleven. If we have to play Tsimikas for an extended period it won’t be pretty. Fingers crossed...

What a disrespectful comment.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4357 on: August 8, 2021, 06:07:41 pm »

You've not watched a second of pre season have you? He's been really good.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4358 on: August 8, 2021, 06:09:07 pm »

Have you actually watched any pre-season he’s been one of our best players if he has to play we
will be fine.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4359 on: August 8, 2021, 06:16:56 pm »

Not like we're relying on a kid is it? Or having to push Milner back there again.

How many clubs have better back up left back options than Tsimikas anyway? The best left backs are going to demand to play every week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season