Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3478516 times)

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
If you remember they had concerns about De Ligt turning into a big lump down the line so opted for the svelte Maguire instead.

How do you say "Di-ogo"?
How do you say, "De-Smalling"?
Oooh la la la, la la-la la-la la la-la-la
Harry Maguire, Bissaka, Mensah, PAH!

How do you say, "De Ligt"?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Only (I say only) on £180,000 a week...seems a little low
« Last Edit: August 3, 2019, 09:42:58 am by [new username under construction] »

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
worth every penny

https://talksport.com/football/570899/manchester-united-news-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-overpay-the-odds/

Ole twice quoted as saying "WE ARE MAN UNITED" in that article. Once about not overpaying, and one about not having to sell players.

They need to get that printed onto t-shirts.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Only (I say only) on £180,000 a week...seems a little low

That is an insult, he should sack his agent for only getting such a paltry wage - worth at least £300k a week, what with him being world class and better than Virgil.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
If you remember they had concerns about De Ligt turning into a big lump down the line so opted for the svelte Maguire instead.
On the basis that his dad is a bit of a chubster.  Good medical staff they have over there.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
I think Harry Maguire is a decent signing for them, it does sound like a lot of money though for a defender that I wouldn't consider top class, he's great in the air but suspect on the ground and is vulnerable to being dribbled past - I've seen Mo Salah tear him a new one. The question for me about not just this signing, but all of them, and I've said this to a few Manc fans is what style of football is the team going to play? As already pointed out, take Maguire and if they decide to play with a high line with him in the team then they are likely to face problems. He'll be OK in a set up that involves playing deep and hitting the opposition on the break a per the successful Leicester team from a couple of years ago, but somehow I just cannot see that style of play being popular with the fans at Old Trafford - look at the Mourinho teams for example.

In terms of alternatives for them, I get the talk about Koulibaly, a good defender with pace, physically strong and good in the air. I don't quite get the hype about De Ligt, he looks a good prospect but lacks physical presence an I've seen him bullied out of games, for example by Llorente when they played Spurs. He could improve in that area but for defenders who are renowned for being dominant in the air, it tends to be a natural attribute rather than coached into them. So that side will be a big plus for them with Macguire, its been our achilles heel for years and it is no coincidence that we have started winning trophies again since adding a top quality CB who is dominant in the air. 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The potential swap between Lukaku and Dybala is why net spend is the only real measure you should use.

If it's a straight swap utd fans will say they haven't spent anything.

If Lukaku is sold for £70m and say Dybala is bought for £70m the people who hate the term net spend you have to say you spent £70m. The only difference is the lack of a bank transfer. It's ridiculous to use any other measure and that's a clear example why.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ole twice quoted as saying "WE ARE MAN UNITED" in that article. Once about not overpaying, and one about not having to sell players.

:D Seems to be the answer to everything for Ole,a filler phrase for any situation.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
On the basis that his dad is a bit of a chubster.  Good medical staff they have over there.

Hendo’s got a bad gait too
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
:D Seems to be the answer to everything for Ole,a filler phrase for any situation.

Prosecutor: you were found over the body holding a bloodied knife

Ole: We are Man United
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
👆 ;D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Prosecutor: you were found over the body holding a bloodied knife

Ole: We are Man United

He's still looking for his own parking spot too,well indoctrinated by mr. Ferguson

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house

Ed Woodward goes in to negotiations with it written on his massive forehead in sharpie pen. Works every time.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If they end up playing an aggressive, high pressing style, with a really compact shape that manages to completely dominate the opposition and keep the ball forever then his lack of pace wont really be exposed. Kind of like how City strangle games and their defenders hardly ever have to run backwards.

But really they'll never pull that off.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I frankly think Lascelles is a cheaper and a better option than Maguire.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
Wan Bissaka - 50m
Harry Maguire - 85m
Eric Bailly - 30m
Victor Lindelof - 30m
Luke Shaw - 30m

Extraordinary sums of money for an average defence

Ours cost us about 100m and is many levels better than this.

thats a pretty solid defence, if any two could create a good enough partnership.

unfortunate that almost all of their CB's are injury prone. Luke is showing some sign of promise and with AWB a solid RB in the mould of Clyne.

But 85m for slab head..HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH. Love to see how Rodgers/Leicester deal with that kind of money.

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
Fingers crossed they manage to get the Lukaku-Dybala swap deal over the line. Really looking forward to seeing Dybala in the Premier League. I think he will be at least as good for them as the last player who was forced by their old club to sign for United. He might even better than Di Maria was since he's coming from the superior italian league.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy

To be fair i've secretly weighed up many a fair ladys future by having a quick look at mom.  ;D 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy

i think he's actually saying "Wee on Man United". Its just an accent thing. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Paul Pogba's watching me
And now I'm nervous and I shouldn't be
Chris Smalling's got their eye on me
Perhaps I should invite him up for tea?
We saw DeGea by the newspaper stand
There's something odd about his gloved left hand
Saw Ashley Young inside the Red Cafe
He makes us tense we wish he'd go away

We are United
We are select
We are United
Since Jose left

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
I'm watching the United v AC Milan game right now.

If they're gunning to replicate gegenpressing, they might be in for a long season.

It's like Rodgers' version of "pressing" - individual player are doing their jobs, but there's no compactness from side to side or back to front.

They're also not quick enough moving the ball.

It's only 4 minutes in and it seems AC Milan have already figured them out ;D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Although having said that, AC Milan have no defence at all!

What the hell happened to Italian football??

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
1-1, Suso withe equaliser there.

No pressure at him at all. Picked his spot.

I'm not entirely sure Ole understands this "pressing" lark ;D

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
and suso hits the net.

all square. ;D

pretty sure maguire would have prevented that if he was playing

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
and suso hits the net.

all square. ;D

pretty sure maguire would have prevented that if he was playing

Well his head would take up 2/3s of the goal, so De Gea would have been able to take care of the last remaining angles ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Well his head would take up 2/3s of the goal, so De Gea would have been able to take care of the last remaining angles ;D
Just spotted Maguire in training.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
Just spotted Maguire in training.

BS hes way too fast for Maguire
Hoping Arne can Slot right in after Klopp

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Suso scored a peach past De Gea earlier.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Suso scored a peach past De Gea earlier.
Yeh it was plum. If they'd won it would have been the cherry on the top.

And to think we thought we'd sold them a lemon
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
I frankly think Lascelles is a cheaper and a better option than Maguire.
Could've been a good signing, we will see. They'll drop like a stone under Bruce so he will be a good cheap option for someone
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quite a few on redcafe seem to be elated with the maguire signing, even at this price.

"Couldn't care less about lists, Maguire is proven one of the best centre-backs in England."

In reply to above - "He is. It almost makes too much sense to get him. Checks almost every single box we could hope for."

"The guy is a warrior. I’m glad we seemed to have got him."

When the fuck did this metamorphosis of Harry Maguire happen!?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Metamorphosis?
This is the cocoon state if delusion.
When that butterfly crawls out he’ll be best CB in the league and oh so better than Van Dijk.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Metamorphosis?
This is the cocoon state if delusion.
When that butterfly crawls out he’ll be best CB in the league and oh so better than Van Dijk.
What do you know... He almost is.

Another partial quote - "He reads the game good so that helps. And in the air he wins more than VVD"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I don’t see the problem. They got the best that would go to them.  They’ve spent years trying and failing to get so one good and now they’ve had to pay up.

I don’t think he’s the imperious presence of VVD of course but who is?  They will be better.  Shane did them they’ve got an amateur manager
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
I don’t see the problem. They got the best that would go to them.  They’ve spent years trying and failing to get so one good and now they’ve had to pay up.

I don’t think he’s the imperious presence of VVD of course but who is?  They will be better.  Shane did them they’ve got an amateur manager
Agree with the first half yeah, there was no chance of Koulibaly or De Ligt, Maguire was the next option
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Agree with the first half yeah, there was no chance of Koulibaly or De Ligt, Maguire was the next option

Do you rate De Ligt? I posted earlier in the thread about him as I believe he isn't dominant enough in the air and can be bullied.

I think Harry Maguire is a decent signing for them, it does sound like a lot of money though for a defender that I wouldn't consider top class, he's great in the air but suspect on the ground and is vulnerable to being dribbled past - I've seen Mo Salah tear him a new one. The question for me about not just this signing, but all of them, and I've said this to a few Manc fans is what style of football is the team going to play? As already pointed out, take Maguire and if they decide to play with a high line with him in the team then they are likely to face problems. He'll be OK in a set up that involves playing deep and hitting the opposition on the break a per the successful Leicester team from a couple of years ago, but somehow I just cannot see that style of play being popular with the fans at Old Trafford - look at the Mourinho teams for example.

In terms of alternatives for them, I get the talk about Koulibaly, a good defender with pace, physically strong and good in the air. I don't quite get the hype about De Ligt, he looks a good prospect but lacks physical presence an I've seen him bullied out of games, for example by Llorente when they played Spurs. He could improve in that area but for defenders who are renowned for being dominant in the air, it tends to be a natural attribute rather than coached into them. So that side will be a big plus for them with Macguire, its been our achilles heel for years and it is no coincidence that we have started winning trophies again since adding a top quality CB who is dominant in the air.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
Agent Brendan has done well.