Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3478475 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Because their other attacking options include Lingard and Sanchez  ;)

Dybala likely to end up like Sanchez, overpaid and demotivated from joining a team in decline.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The best part of all this is that they are getting soaked due to their past horrendous decisions.

Leicester have the gall to demand 90M+ for a good but not great defender in 'Arry, after watching Utd BUY BACK THEIR OWN OVERRATED DABBING TWAT for 90M.

Dybala says "Hey you muppets, you're paying that corpse Sanchez 350K/wk, I want that too or I'm not coming."

DeGea has the worst season of his life and points at Sanchez's salary, saying "Me too please, or I'm off."

I love Ed Woodward. LOVE. HIM.  :-*

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Daily Telegraph reporting that the Maguire saga is finally over.

£85 million deal done.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/02/manchester-united-transfer-news-harry-maguires-85million-move/

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Telegraph reporting that Harry Maguire is a done deal at £85million.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
AHAHA

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
 ;D ;D Amazing. Hahahaha

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Lulz.

From Stam, Ferdinand, Vidic to Maguire, Smalling and Jones. Boy how mighty have fallen.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
What was the point in dragging out the transfer? If anything they ended up paying more.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
85m fecking hell :lmao

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
 :lmao

Poor bastard.

Just as Leicester are possibly on the up
« Last Edit: August 2, 2019, 03:37:49 pm by Sudden Death Draft Loser »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
Decent signing and will improve them a fair bit.

Got absolutely rinsed at that price though.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Are they paying so much because he's got a massive fucking head?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Overpaid by about £60 million. :lmao
#Sausages

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Bless their mutant hearts they think he'll be as good as Van Dijk

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Do they get the whole of Easter Island for that?
AHA!

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Bless their mutant hearts they think he'll be as good as Van Dijk

:lmao

It's incredible. A Utd supporting mate of mine, in all other aspects a very intelligent bloke is convinced that the reason they are where they are is because they no longer spend any money on players.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
MEN reporting 2 hours ago that Rodgers has said no offers have been made that matches the valuation of £85 million Leicester have put on him. Go on Ed, its only another £5 million :lmao

Looks like Ed takes his advice from RAWK :lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
its like when you added a player in football manager to cheat by taking over a rival and have them buy your players for ridiculous fees
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
just dropped it in the transfer section that the BBC reporting it done at £80m.
Manchester United have reached an agreement to sign England centre-back Harry Maguire from Leicester for £80m - a world-record fee for a defender.
The 26-year-old is expected to complete a medical at the club at the weekend.
He becomes United's third summer signing following Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James, who arrived from Crystal Palace and Swansea respectively.
Maguire made 69 Premier League appearances for Leicester after joining from Hull City in 2017.
The deal means Maguire becomes the world's most expensive defender, eclipsing the £75m Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk in January 2018.
United had a long-standing interest in Maguire but they backed away from a deal 12 months ago because they felt the £70m that would be needed for a transfer to be concluded was too high".
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Are they paying so much because he's got a massive fucking head?

If anyone is struggling to visualise what £85m in cash looks like then if you stacked the amount up in £1 coins from the floor, the total height would come to halfway up Maguire’s forehead.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
😂
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
If anyone is struggling to visualise what £85m in cash looks like then if you stacked the amount up in £1 coins from the floor, the total height would come to halfway up Maguire’s forehead.

;D

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good signing.....if you're into paying world record fees for reasonable defenders. I didn't watch the Mancs last season but I watched Leicester a fair few times. Maguire is very good in the air and brings the ball out of defence well. He can back off a bit though to protect his lack of pace, not built for a high line. Not sure if the mancs other centre half's have any pace but if not they are gunna find them selves defending deep against teams with quick attackers you would think. so for a world record fee, he doesn't tick all the boxes.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2019, 04:22:59 pm by red1977 »

• Legacy Fan
Both him and Lindelof are devoid of pace.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking hell they really did it ;D i was pissed he would stay at Leicester.
Is it 80 or 85m or 80+forehead?

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Thing is the price doesn't matter to them, they're loaded, so 80m 100m, doesn't matter. What does matter is what that price tag does to the player, any mistakes are magnified and unlike VVD (lucky for him) Maguire makes a fair amount of mistakes, as most players do, so soon as that happens it could all turn sour. For 80m you are now expecting nothing less than VVD and more, which is practically impossible so he'll have a mountain to climb already. 

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Good signing.....if you're into paying world record fees for reasonable defenders. I didn't watch the Mancs last season but I watched Leicester a fair few times. Maguire is very good in the air and brings the ball out of defence well. He can back off a bit though to protect his lack of pace, not built for a high line. Not sure if the mancs other centre half's have any pace but if not they are gunna find them selves defending deep against teams with quick attackers you would think. so for a world record fee, he doesn't tick all the boxes.

Do they want to play a high line? De Gea doesn’t like it either. Maybe they’ll look to use pace on the break and then sit back and let him head everything away.

He does look ungainly on the back but he does bring it out quite well. Seems to end up in strange positions though, does he get caught out much?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
80 million for someone who's only redeeming defensive quality is the size of his head

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
The thing is, it's a shit load of money, true.
But if Jurgen lost his mind and said Virgil's for sale, we'd get at least £150m for him, easily. Probably closer to £200m.  In that market, Maguire might not be far off £80m, though still think they went £25m too much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Big Virg is three times the player Slab Head is, and I love him unconditionally.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hope they dont get Dybala.  Hes too good for that shower. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Looks like Ed takes his advice from RAWK :lmao

I offered as much support and encouragement as i possibly could, personally. Way to push out that boat ultra luxury cruise liner Eddy. I bet the cheque clears before Captain Beefheart can complete a full turn.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
Thing is the price doesn't matter to them, they're loaded, so 80m 100m, doesn't matter. What does matter is what that price tag does to the player, any mistakes are magnified and unlike VVD (lucky for him) Maguire makes a fair amount of mistakes, as most players do, so soon as that happens it could all turn sour. For 80m you are now expecting nothing less than VVD and more, which is practically impossible so he'll have a mountain to climb already.

what mistakes? he is english. the media will shower him with love for every tackle and header won. Mistakes will be bailly's or Linderlof's obviously.

definitely a steal for 80m ;D

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do they want to play a high line? De Gea doesn’t like it either. Maybe they’ll look to use pace on the break and then sit back and let him head everything away.

He does look ungainly on the back but he does bring it out quite well. Seems to end up in strange positions though, does he get caught out much?

He's got a good pass on him and the team covers when he brings the ball out so he doesn't seem to get caught out to badly. For me he is good in both boxes, reads play well is good in the tackle, good in the air but what should not be lacking from the most expensive defender in the world is pace which he doesn't have so its fine if the mancs don't want to squeeze play, but it would be better for them if they had the centre halves to be able to do so effectively if and when they might need to which is fine by us, obviously.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2019, 06:04:39 pm by red1977 »

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sharper than the guy who posted it at least!
Yeah you clearly are you daft mug

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

😂👍
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...

good signing for them, very strategic, to weaken their main rival

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
His lack of pace might not matter too much given Solksjaer's tactics, which worked quite well last season...until they didn't. Wan-Bissaka is also used to playing in that kind of system under Hodgson, and De Gea is the embodiment of a line 'keeper, so it's clear the direction they're following. At least there's something of a cohesive vision.

It will be interesting to see what happens if they ever have to rely on a plan b that might necessitate leaving more space at the back, because he doesn't strike me as an athlete. That £80m price tag also effectively makes him "too big to fail", so if he does happen to under-perform he probably gets longer to squirm in the spotlight than a less expensive player. I do wonder who else they could have gotten for that price...well, Matthijs de Ligt cost Juventus what, £67.5m? And Alderweireld, although getting on in years, would have likely cost a fraction of that fee.

Most of all, in the event that Solksjaer doesn't last much longer (perish the thought), what will the next manager make of him? Centre-backs with limited pace tend to suit deeper defensive lines, so how would that effect Maguire's position in the event that a more attacking coach comes in next (they're certainly due one after Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and Solksjaer)? Or would the size of the investment mean that any new manager will be stuck with him regardless?

Interesting times ahead.
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Telegraph reporting that Harry Maguire is a done deal at £85million.
*Chokes on my cappuccino* 😂
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
His lack of pace might not matter too much given Solksjaer's tactics, which worked quite well last season...until they didn't.

I had thought United's plan under Solskjaer was to be more aggressive and high-pressing?

If that's the case, then it really doesn't make sense to bring a plodder like Maguire in. Ironically, this would be a better signing for a Mourinho team.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2019, 09:03:40 pm by CarraG238 »
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold