Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3465130 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
He’s attempted more dribbles and scored more goals than Van Dijk last season, so he’s obviously better. Haha. Have you seen the cherry-picked stats, which ignore clean sheets, being dribbled past, goals conceded, games lost, etc, that Sky have used in an attempt to make him appear at VVD’s level. Hilarious. Of course, Klopp should have been looking at attempted dribbles when choosing a CB.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Do you rate De Ligt? I posted earlier in the thread about him as I believe he isn't dominant enough in the air and can be bullied.
Is that not to be expected on occasion for a teenage centre back?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm watching the United v AC Milan game right now.

If they're gunning to replicate gegenpressing, they might be in for a long season.

It's like Rodgers' version of "pressing" - individual player are doing their jobs, but there's no compactness from side to side or back to front.

They're also not quick enough moving the ball.

It's only 4 minutes in and it seems AC Milan have already figured them out ;D

it's absolutely what they want to do - they are telling everyone how fit they are this year as well.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
It's weird the way they haven't really sold any players this summer, considering the amount of deadwood in their squad.

You'd wonder why the likes of Young, Rojo, Jones, Lingard, Darmian, Matic etc are gonna still be there next season, after stinking up the place for so long.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Can’t they still sell after August 8?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
Ole is either the world's best poker player or a rabbit caught in the headlights......... his press conferences are hilarious
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Is that not to be expected on occasion for a teenage centre back?

What's going to change with age? This is what I wrote:-

He could improve in that area but for defenders who are renowned for being dominant in the air, it tends to be a natural attribute rather than coached into them.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's weird the way they haven't really sold any players this summer, considering the amount of deadwood in their squad.

You'd wonder why the likes of Young, Rojo, Jones, Lingard, Darmian, Matic etc are gonna still be there next season, after stinking up the place for so long.
id guess it’s because they’re on much bigger contracts than anyone would want to take on, plus young and jones got extensions the last year

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
So I caught their friendly with Milan last evening and gotta ask: What's up with Shaw still being this chunky? Does he suffer from an autoimmune disease or something? And what is Ole's playing style, other than letting his players play like yernited of old?

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
id guess it’s because they’re on much bigger contracts than anyone would want to take on, plus young and jones got extensions the last year

Ashley Young is the club captain and a vitally important player for them. He isn’t going anywhere under Ole’s bright new reign, and coincidentally, neither are they as a club.

They rewarded Mata with a lovely new contact as well. All the rest of the lad’s agents will be queuing up at Ole and Woodward’s doors over the course of the season for an extra one hundred k on their weekly wage.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound

Not sure how accurate this is..
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
I don’t see the problem. They got the best that would go to them.  They’ve spent years trying and failing to get so one good and now they’ve had to pay up.

I don’t think he’s the imperious presence of VVD of course but who is?  They will be better.  Shane did them they’ve got an amateur manager

You've said it yourself... they're paying £80 million for 'better'

I'm sorry but whatever way you look at it, that's hilarious. I can't stand them but I can admit when they pull off some smart business, the largest fee in history for a defender needs to be more than 'well we'll be better'. He's decent but take 20 million off the fee and its still a huge fee for him, I honestly don't think he's nearly as good as some like to make out, even just in games against us some of his decisions are hilarious, trying to bearhug Salah and getting rolled for the winner, seeing Mane break and just cynically booting him and hoping for a yellow not a red. The Van Dijk comparisons are natural due to the fee and rivalry but its not even necessary

I cant wait to see Maguire and Jones together competing to be the most clumsy lump on the pitch. Leicester have played a blinder, its an eye watering fee. The funny thing is for all the talk of Maguires quality and people saying the mancs cant shop at the top table... the likes of Leicester & Soton manage to buy these players for smaller fees despite less funds, no champions league, no title challenges or silverware

Is Maguire going to step in and be the leader to organise their shambles of a defence, in my humble opinion... nope

I'm seeing fans of theirs posting teamsheets saying one more signing and they could challenge :lmao they're at peak delusion
« Last Edit: August 4, 2019, 11:38:06 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat

Not sure how accurate this is..
How many dribbles though?
AHA!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Dybala is taking his time isn't he? Get the feeling he's going to be pushed there kicking and screaming. If he signs at all that is. Good signs, never going to get the best out of someone when they don't want to be there, even if he is a good pro.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dybala is taking his time isn't he? Get the feeling he's going to be pushed there kicking and screaming. If he signs at all that is. Good signs, never going to get the best out of someone when they don't want to be there, even if he is a good pro.
He's in a perfect position to get a huge payraise. United need this transfer to go through and he's the key. Ed, 500k/wk.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

If it's indeed going to be the same situation as with Di Maria they can expect the same result imo no matter how much they pay him.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Manchester United have pulled the plug on a deal for Paulo Dybala amid reservations about the Juventus striker’s desire to move to Old Trafford.

United have been in talks with Juventus over the possibility of offloading Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku to the Turin giants and Dybala moving to Manchester in return.

But Telegraph Sport understands that United have decided to pull the plug on that potential swap deal due to Dybala’s reluctance to leave Juventus, the Argentine’s huge wage demands and exorbitant agents’ fees.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/04/exclusive-man-utd-pull-plug-paulo-dybala-deal-amid-reservations/

Rejected. HAHAHAHAHAH

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am shocked! Bruno Fernandes next?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Just to let you all know, me and Margot Robbie won’t be dating. I’ve withdrawn my interest.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Dybala was never going there
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
The absolute hilarity of their propaganda channels SSN and BBC Sport reporting that they’ve “ended their interest” in a player that has refused to join them. Couldn’t make it up. Fuckin hilarious too.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
This has been a little come down for them after celebrating our loss in a friendly this evening. Hahaha. Though of course they didn't want him anyway now as he's shit and a mercenary, despite the 170 page thread on redcafe wanking over how world class he is.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
If they ever needed proof how much their stock has fallen since Fergie retired...

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just to let you all know, me and Margot Robbie won’t be dating. I’ve withdrawn my interest.
I was going to a bidding war with you over her, but now that you have withdrawn your interest, I do to. It's only fair.

Swap deals are notoriously difficult. For one to happen, there bust be an agreement between two clubs, two players and two agents, and everyone is trying to do one over the other...

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
Mad that a world class player that's practically guaranteed a Serie A title and a good run in the Champions League doesn't want to be forced out of the club to play alongside Ashley Young and Phil Jones in the Europa League.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Mad that a world class player that's practically guaranteed a Serie A title and a good run in the Champions League doesn't want to be forced out of the club to play alongside Ashley Young and Phil Jones in the Europa League.

We're Man United though

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
Fair play to Dybala. Pogba, de gea, and Sanchez all don't want to be at man Utd but took the cash. Dybala choosing football over money.

Hopefully we ll get to see lukakus famous first touch for another season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I was going to a bidding war with you over her, but now that you have withdrawn your interest, I do to. It's only fair.

I’m not arsed anyway, spent the night with Susan Boyle. She’s the one I actually need.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Their journos also saying they are willing to let Lukaku go without a replacement.  ;D I dont rate him but I certainly wouldn't be backing Rashford or any of the other no marks there to score more than he did last season.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
Their journos also saying they are willing to let Lukaku go without a replacement.  ;D I dont rate him but I certainly wouldn't be backing Rashford or any of the other no marks there to score more than he did last season.
Greenwood is more useful to us than Lukaku. 1 goal in 18 against the top 6. He's shite
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Greenwood is more useful to us than Lukaku. 1 goal in 18 against the top 6. He's shite

Judging by the state of your squad and your manager you should be more concerned about what he does against bottom half sides.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

He is really not. He is massively unproven.

Surely you can't sell Lakaku and not replace him?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Fair play to Dybala. Pogba, de gea, and Sanchez all don't want to be at man Utd but took the cash. Dybala choosing football over money.

Yes, fair play to him. The only reason a really big player goes to Old Trafford these days is for the money. They are in decline and have well and truly been overtaken by both their biggest rivals and their local neighbours. Top players have more attractive options than United.

Other than cash, why would any big player swap Juventus for Man United?
All the "We're Man United" swaggering shite doesn't wash now Ferguson has moved on. If you are in it for the cash, then OT might still be a destination. But if you are in it for the professional ambition, there are far better options now.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Yes, fair play to him. The only reason a really big player goes to Old Trafford these days is for the money. They are in decline and have well and truly been overtaken by both their biggest rivals and their local neighbours. Top players have more attractive options than United.

Other than cash, why would any big player swap Juventus for Man United?
All the "We're Man United" swaggering shite doesn't wash now Ferguson has moved on. If you are in it for the cash, then OT might still be a destination. But if you are in it for the professional ambition, there are far better options now.

And it was like that before Ferguson as well.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
And it was like that before Ferguson as well.
It was. I remember it well. Big names usually turned to shit once they signed for them, too.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The full time divvies have a season preview, the fat de gea has them third, the interviewer has them 4th.

Should be a good laugh this year these

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
We're Man United though

Pronounced "Wee on Man United" . Every time i see it written thats how i say it in my head, in Ole's voice.

Cheap laughs. Try it, its fun.  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha

Trampoline shins as he was memorably called.
We are Liverpool!

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
Although having said that, AC Milan have no defence at all!

What the hell happened to Italian football??

One of the commentators on Rashfords goal in the highlights I watched - "... almost undefendable"

Online n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
Took a bit longer than I expected for them to be 'rejected' but I found it baffling that a kid who is seemingly as talented as Dybala, playing for perennial Italian champions and Champions League contenders would be willing to give all that up to play in front of Phil Jones and Harry Maguire. Sure he's been forced to accommodate Ronaldo and his game has suffered as a result, but surely Sarri-ball suits him a lot more than Molde-ball?