Author Topic: England International Dominic Solanke  (Read 273443 times)

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
Re: Dominic Solanke
« Reply #640 on: July 29, 2017, 06:59:50 pm »
Danny Ings and Divock Origi will rotate next season.

Rotate making Dominic Solanke's coffee, that is.

from twitter
The change is cast

Offline simbo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #641 on: July 29, 2017, 07:29:43 pm »
18/1 to make the England World Cup squad is worth a nibble

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #642 on: July 29, 2017, 07:42:23 pm »
Looks a real talent, mobile, good feet, physical, seems to have good instincts. Already looking like a decent option off the bench?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: July 29, 2017, 07:52:14 pm »
Klopps new Lewandowski (yeah I am getting excited about this lad but so fucking what, he's boss)

Thanks plastics  ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #644 on: July 29, 2017, 07:58:09 pm »
Klopps new Lewandowski (yeah I am getting excited about this lad but so fucking what, he's boss)

Thanks plastics  ;D

oh please let's not do that publicly, even if a few of us where thinking it  ;D

If he starts playing as support striker, you know you're onto something.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #645 on: July 29, 2017, 07:58:59 pm »
On current form, i'd say he deserves to start our first PL game ahead of Bob and Dan.

I second that. I am starting to believe this guy could be the real deal. His movement and presence has lot of Kane in it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #646 on: July 29, 2017, 08:15:46 pm »
Those Chelsea fans are so buggered off we've ended up with him. But he fits into Klopp's style perfectly and he has done really well so far.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: July 29, 2017, 08:49:23 pm »
One has to laugh at Chelsea :D
You just have to.

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #648 on: July 29, 2017, 08:56:53 pm »
Looks a real talent, mobile, good feet, physical, seems to have good instincts. Already looking like a decent option off the bench?

Definitely a good option off the bench, Firmino-Sturridge-Solanke probably the current order of who will play down the middle with Salah & Mane either side of said player.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #649 on: July 29, 2017, 09:20:47 pm »
Looks a real gem that one

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: July 29, 2017, 09:24:55 pm »
Definitely a good option off the bench, Firmino-Sturridge-Solanke probably the current order of who will play down the middle with Salah & Mane either side of said player.

I reckon Klopp will still favour Origi over Solanke for now, but if his development continues in this vain, I see no reason why he can't leapfrog Divock soon.

Certainly next season I think we'll start to see more of him in the first team. For now, I imagine the majority of his playing time will come with the U23s.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #651 on: July 29, 2017, 11:03:40 pm »
Got a feeling we will look back on this signing in a few years as one of the better ones.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: July 30, 2017, 12:22:29 am »
Hoping that we robbed Chelsea as we did when we got Studgie! This lad seems up for the challenge! I expect him to get some games in the cup games this season and hopefully some 20-30 min appearnces for us in the league this upcoming season!

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: July 30, 2017, 12:31:04 am »
he will start games for us in PL if he continues scoring. simple as that.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #654 on: July 30, 2017, 01:03:47 am »
nah - Chelsea do what they do - and other teams benefit.  No stealing.
Understand what you mean there. It seems they have good wide nets of talents but no patience to work with them. We can take serious advantage here. We already got Sturridge on cheap, this kid and even Salah is their "reject". Add to that Bruyne, Bertrand, Lukaku; time to sniff around the Bridge some more :D
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #655 on: July 30, 2017, 01:44:02 am »
Hugely excited about him. Would love to see Klopp just give him a go at Watford.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #656 on: July 30, 2017, 01:47:34 am »
Understand what you mean there. It seems they have good wide nets of talents but no patience to work with them. We can take serious advantage here. We already got Sturridge on cheap, this kid and even Salah is their "reject". Add to that Bruyne, Bertrand, Lukaku; time to sniff around the Bridge some more :D
Tammy Abraham who is on loan at Swansea, looks a serious talent as well.

Abraham was brilliant at Bristol City last year

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: July 30, 2017, 01:51:27 am »
One has to laugh at Chelsea :D
You just have to.

Hahahahahahahahaha!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: July 30, 2017, 01:52:17 am »
He needs to better that other Chelsea reject who has just scored three in four games. But yeah there is a lot of good things for Klopp to work with here
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:56:31 am by Mr_Shane »

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: July 30, 2017, 02:07:06 am »
He needs to better that other Chelsea reject who has just scored three in four games. But yeah there is a lot of good things for Klopp to work with here

i hate to think our club as "Chelsea Rejects"
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #660 on: July 30, 2017, 02:29:13 am »
It's preseason. He's scored a couple of nice goals and looks like a good prospect.
He's still going to be a number of injuries away from starting PL games for us

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #661 on: July 30, 2017, 05:14:05 am »
I guess it's inevitable with how they aggressively recruited young players but never have the patience to let them grow. I would actually laugh even harder if we can get more of these so called rejects if they  can be as good as Sturridge or Bertrand. But, Solanke is still some way to go to establish himself but it's mad how they don't try to grow him some more, especially that they are not actually rich with strikers right now.
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #662 on: July 30, 2017, 06:39:28 am »
Tbf mate Chelsea offered him a new deal but he turned it down in favour of coming to us, I like to think of him more as a 'defector :)
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #663 on: July 30, 2017, 07:41:20 am »
The kids done well in pre season, but that all it is, pre season. Let's see how he gets on in some real competitive games before we start labelling him the next Lewandowski.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #664 on: July 30, 2017, 10:00:28 am »
I like the look of Solanke. He has that knack of scoring goals. He brings variety to our attack. He reminds me of Costa . The way he battles with defenders.
Our attack will be good next season. If we have stability in defense and Midfield . We will have a successful season. I mean trophies

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: July 30, 2017, 10:03:35 am »
Looks a good prospect. Scores goals and works hard as well as having the ability to beat a man. His first touch is a little loose at times but that's the only weakness I've seen in his game so far. Could be a real player if he develops as expected. For £3-5m he was definitely worth the gamble. Hopefully he can establish himself as a genuine option this season.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #666 on: July 30, 2017, 10:43:23 am »
It would be a waste him playing in the U23's team. Isn't that why he didn't wanna stay at Chelsea in the first place?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: July 30, 2017, 10:48:11 am »
It would be a waste him playing in the U23's team.

Why would it be a waste? He needs to develop as a player. And he isn't going to be starting week in, week out for the first team and we aren't going to loan him out, so that'll be the next best thing for him.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #668 on: July 30, 2017, 12:03:52 pm »
I'm sure it's already been said but that is a great fucking header!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: July 30, 2017, 12:05:49 pm »
I'm sure it's already been said but that is a great fucking header!

Yeah, did well to get the power behind it. Still, if that was Mignolet or Karius facing it, I'd expect them to do better and save it.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: July 30, 2017, 02:11:11 pm »
On current form, i'd say he deserves to start our first PL game ahead of Bob and Dan.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: July 30, 2017, 02:14:05 pm »
It would be a waste him playing in the U23's team. Isn't that why he didn't wanna stay at Chelsea in the first place?

He didn't want to stay at Chelsea because there is no path to the first team for their youth players.  He came here because he knows he'll get his chance.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: July 30, 2017, 02:15:39 pm »
If he keeps impressing, who knows.

He was probably bought for the U23s with a view for the long term

But in pre season he might have changed Klopps mind and maybe he could see him challenging for a spot.  We don't know.

I personally think he's capable of doing so. 

Firmino is clearly the main man upfront for us.  After that, I feel the spot is up for grabs to be his back up.  Forget reputations, if he's playing better than Origi or Sturridge, he should be that man.  If he isn't then he can play for the U23s.  But I wouldn't bet against him forcing his way into contention.  If he keeps impressing, then that will happen. 

Harry Kane wasn't first choice for Spurs a few seasons ago.  But he kept scoring in the Europa 'B' team and he forced a chance in the first team and hasn't looked back.  If he keeps scoring and impressing, he'll get chances and if he grabs them that can only be good for us.

Offline Sevens and Eights

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
« Reply #673 on: July 30, 2017, 02:21:40 pm »
The more I watch him this pre season, the better I like him. Good strong bull striker prospect. He should keep on track working with the U23's, with a few looks up on cup ties. I'd rather they not rush him too fast though, he has tons of Confidence right now.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: July 30, 2017, 02:38:54 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao

To be honest, even as someone who thinks this thread has well and truly jumped the shark (comparisons to Lewandowski? Really?) of our four strikers, Solanke has looked the most sharp and impressive in the games so far. Scored more goals, too.

Not a patch on the other two at full fitness obviously, but Bobby is a slow starter and is currently in the *one superb moment followed by one "can't make a 5 yard pass" moment* stage of his fitness building. Dan hasn't looked completely involved in the games so far (couldn't believe how deep he was dropping at times yesterday).

Don't get me wrong, big Bob will almost certainly start at Watford and hopefully by then he'll be looking fit and sharp again. Do get what the other poster is saying though.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: July 30, 2017, 03:22:11 pm »
Yeah, did well to get the power behind it. Still, if that was Mignolet or Karius facing it, I'd expect them to do better and save it.

the commentators were commenting about that. got into a good position and got the header on target anyway. The ball was dipping and made it tough for the keeper who was a bit off his line.

Love the what ifs scenario. Could fill up the pages pretty fast.

Currently he is already better than Origi too despite starting 0 competitive games for us. Absolute flavour of the moment player for now.

that said i think his game is a still raw. But klopp is the perfect manager to develop under. Still behind Bobby, Studgy(when fit) and origi for sure but things could change if he keeps scoring and performing in a competitive sense.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: July 30, 2017, 03:39:02 pm »
I don't know mate. He got it just high enough to make it almost impossible for the keeper to reach, just slow enough that it would dip under the bar. It could have been saved, but the keeper would have required some psychic abilities to know exactly what Solanke was going to before it happened.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: July 30, 2017, 09:45:42 pm »
I don't know mate. He got it just high enough to make it almost impossible for the keeper to reach, just slow enough that it would dip under the bar. It could have been saved, but the keeper would have required some psychic abilities to know exactly what Solanke was going to before it happened.

Nah, was a savable header for me. Thought their keeper was poor full stop.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: July 30, 2017, 10:07:08 pm »
the commentators were commenting about that. got into a good position and got the header on target anyway. The ball was dipping and made it tough for the keeper who was a bit off his line.

Love the what ifs scenario. Could fill up the pages pretty fast.

Currently he is already better than Origi too despite starting 0 competitive games for us. Absolute flavour of the moment player for now.

that said i think his game is a still raw. But klopp is the perfect manager to develop under. Still behind Bobby, Studgy(when fit) and origi for sure but things could change if he keeps scoring and performing in a competitive sense.
Ridiculous. Genuinely ridiculous. He has done nothing to merit that appraisal.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #679 on: July 31, 2017, 04:27:59 am »
Ridiculous. Genuinely ridiculous. He has done nothing to merit that appraisal.

Not sure if serious..

He looks good. I feel good having him as an option coming on. He definitely creates different problems for defences to the players we have.

Only question for me (aside from his age/rawness) is how he fits into the way we play. A lot of people talk about him being a so-called "Costa type player". But Benteke is a "Costa type player", and Benteke did not work out well with how we play at all.

Mind you, Lewandowski is arguably also a "Costa type player" and he seemed to do okay in a Klopp team.