Author Topic: England International Dominic Solanke  (Read 273803 times)

Offline Oside Red

• Anny Roader
Re: Dominic Solanke
« Reply #720 on: August 5, 2017, 07:48:41 pm »
Not sure any striker would want to be linked to a donkey.... but it's catchy.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #721 on: August 5, 2017, 07:49:02 pm »
It's not just the goals that are impressive with him.

It's his all round play.

Should be ahead of Origi in the pecking order if judging on form.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #722 on: August 5, 2017, 08:00:56 pm »
No way has this kid been signed for the u23, didn't think it was true at all when we first signed him   After this pre season it definitely isn't.   Great option from the bench in the tight game as he gives us a totally different dimension.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #723 on: August 5, 2017, 08:24:32 pm »
No way has this kid been signed for the u23, didn't think it was true at all when we first signed him   After this pre season it definitely isn't.   Great option from the bench in the tight game as he gives us a totally different dimension.

I think it may have been, the comments about him from Kloppo - about them not being able to find a lot of recent footage of him playing, would suggest they where slightly taking a chance on how he was for the youth teams at Chelsea.  But he's gone and had one heck of a pre-season, and as the boss says, he's ready to play some adult football this season,

But anyway, regardless, he looks a real talent, and will surely feature this season, be it in cup games, or as a sub.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: August 5, 2017, 08:31:05 pm »
Same but even after a great U20 WC I don't think anybody expected him to be this good. Props to whoever the scout was who pointed him out to Jurgen.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #725 on: August 5, 2017, 08:50:30 pm »
I think Origi is good in his own right but from seeing Solanke up close it is rather obvious how much more smart he is at taking up positions that will hurt the opposition. He knows where he needs to be. I think whats missing is the ability to join up all aspects of his game but it I wouldn't put it past him to play quite a lot and score quite a lot this season.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #726 on: August 5, 2017, 09:25:23 pm »
I'm sure it's already been said but that is a great fucking header!

Fuck it I'll just quote myself again :P

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: August 5, 2017, 09:27:19 pm »
On the bench against Watford i'm betting.

The lad's shone this pre-season, got a lot more in his locker than just goals.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: August 5, 2017, 09:39:22 pm »
Fuck it I'll just quote myself again :P

That assist for the second goal,wasn't bad either.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: August 5, 2017, 10:04:34 pm »
He's fucking boss this lad, absolute bargain.

Thanks again Plastics.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: August 5, 2017, 10:39:46 pm »
This kid will exceed everyone's expectations.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: August 5, 2017, 11:09:09 pm »
I don't get this Origi vs. Solanke stuff.

Origi is a very promising player. He's strong, quick, good on the ball and versatile. He's an option. Say, in the Champions League against a better team, Origi can play up top in order to benefit the counter-attack.

Solanke is perhaps more of a traditional centre-forward. Like a Diego Costa minus the meth. Probably a better finisher, but has different attributes.

Throughout this forum, more and more people just seem desperate to write people off. To bitch and moan and fucking whine. Whining about Neymar's transfer ruining football, but it's not just that, it's the fucking fans. Constantly all you see is people pissing themselves about Milner, Klavan and now Origi - 22 fucking years old, might I add. Just get behind our fucking team, stop wetting the bed. Put on your big boy knickers, because we're back in the CL, where we belong.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: August 5, 2017, 11:25:43 pm »

Origi is a very promising player. He's strong, quick, good on the ball and versatile. He's an option. Say, in the Champions League against a better team, Origi can play up top in order to benefit the counter-attack.

Solanke is perhaps more of a traditional centre-forward. Like a Diego Costa minus the meth. Probably a better finisher, but has different attributes.

Throughout this forum, more and more people just seem desperate to write people off. To bitch and moan and fucking whine. Whining about Neymar's transfer ruining football, but it's not just that, it's the fucking fans. Constantly all you see is people pissing themselves about Milner, Klavan and now Origi - 22 fucking years old, might I add. Just get behind our fucking team, stop wetting the bed. Put on your big boy knickers, because we're back in the CL, where we belong.

I haven't seen anyone write Origi off.

Just saying Solanke should maybe be ahead of him on current form.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: August 5, 2017, 11:42:43 pm »

Agree with this... if we need a goal from the bench I want to see Sturidge if fit otherwise I want to see this lad.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: August 5, 2017, 11:47:22 pm »
I guess this will be the last season we see big Div in a red shirt, Solanke is more suited to our game than him, and he's been here only for couple of months.

What I liked the most so far,
Solanke makes those runs behind the defenders which so hard to track.
When in the box always loses his marker.
Heads better than the most of our attackers.
Always makes nuisance of himself when without the ball.
pretty good at Shielding the ball with the body.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: August 5, 2017, 11:49:33 pm »

The above is one example, sure. But there are plenty of examples over the last 4/5 pages.

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #736 on: August 5, 2017, 11:56:28 pm »
Has this tune been mentioned for a Solanke song?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igMkOIh6q30" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igMkOIh6q30</a>

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #737 on: August 6, 2017, 12:01:38 am »
Or, put Dom Solanke into this song  :-\

Dom Solanke
BOOM Solanke
Dom Salanke
BOOM Solanke BOOM

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz7YK7tx-D8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz7YK7tx-D8</a>
« Last Edit: August 6, 2017, 12:07:03 am by Espresso Bar »

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: August 6, 2017, 12:25:55 am »
lol Chelsea, thanks a lot :D

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: August 6, 2017, 02:55:05 am »
He's the perfect striker for Henderson's crosses/lumps into the box in from deep. Will be a good asset to have someone as direct as him when we're playing against oppositions that sit back.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: August 6, 2017, 04:23:04 am »

basically thats the tone of this thread since the preseason

Solanke has taken his chance with both hands and Origi hasn't

No one have given up on Origi yet but Klopp now have a nice headache of two young forwards to develop.

A lot of comparison to Abraham who scored a few in the lower leagues and I thought we had the shorter end of the stick but this kid is special I think. Never seen Abraham play while I did watch a few matches of the U20 triumph with Solanke playing a big role.

And under klopp, who knows what he can become?

Just pointing out that the pass for his assist to woodburn is a product of having left footed full back too.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: August 6, 2017, 04:32:14 am »
This lad's positional sense is very very good. Like a certain Ian.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #742 on: August 6, 2017, 04:42:56 am »
I'm loving the fact that of all the top 6 teams we are playing the most fluent and composed footy in pre-season.  If they keep playing the way they are, this lad and Salah are going to be massive hits.   

He may have been signed to play in the U23 but Solanke has shown more than enough to be included a fair bit in league games and I hope to see him get that.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #743 on: August 6, 2017, 04:54:47 am »

Boring. I don't understand your 'bed wetting' (that fucking phrase) comment here either myself.

What's there not to get? There isn't room for him, Sturridge and Solanke on the bench. Same position, similiar age so in theory they are competing with eachother. And whilst we can't come to a conclusion this early, people may be suggstng Solanke is CURRENTLY looking like a better option.

Nothing wrong with that. No one is writing him off either

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: August 6, 2017, 09:26:38 am »
Boring. I don't understand your 'bed wetting' (that fucking phrase) comment here either myself.

What's there not to get? There isn't room for him, Sturridge and Solanke on the bench. Same position, similiar age so in theory they are competing with eachother. And whilst we can't come to a conclusion this early, people may be suggstng Solanke is CURRENTLY looking like a better option.

Nothing wrong with that. No one is writing him off either
"Boring" is perhaps the most unimaginative comment you could come up with. 

Please actually try and respond to the evidence I posted. I quoted an example of someone of someone "writing him off", and, again, I suggest reading through the preseason chat, where a lot of people have suggested that Solanke's form means that Origi is gone. A tone confirmed by a poster above.

Furthermore, I also said that this competition is good. But you're completely wrong if you think there isn't the space for them. We'll be looking at playing a minimum of 52 games, for me. And, as such, injuries will happen, rotation will happen and both will get their chance. My argument was that having both is a very good thing.

And finally, a bench holds 7 people. It is therefore perfectly conceivable that the bench looks something like: Karius, Moreno, Klavan, Can, Sturridge, Origi and Solanke. As I previously stated, Origi is versatile and could be played as a winger.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #745 on: August 6, 2017, 09:46:05 am »
Looks really good. Taking the chances that Origi seems to be missing.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #746 on: August 6, 2017, 09:55:46 am »
Deserves to be on the bench this weekend.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #747 on: August 6, 2017, 09:59:37 am »
I do love a good header of the ball..it's somewhat of a dying art..and his technique for that goal was spot-on.....if he replicates that at Old Trafford in the 85th minute after coming on as a sub, I'll single-handedly start the Chingertee Ching Donkey song in Block 109 the following week...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #748 on: August 6, 2017, 10:05:19 am »
Had a feeling this was going to be one great signing. Hopefully true, the kid is very very good. Definitely should be on the bench for the Watford game. He has a real eye for goal, and that bulldog approach that not many strikers in football have. Suarez and Costa have it, and it really helps.

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
« Reply #749 on: August 6, 2017, 10:46:15 am »
I defintely think Solanke should be ahead of Origi already at this early stage.  As Klopp eluded to previously, Origi appears to be trying too hard still despite Klopps advise.  Solanke appears to be more a straight forward striker, natural instinct for goal and does the simple things really well.  It was only one game yesterday but there was no excuses for Origi not to have been at least on target with his efforts yesterday.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #750 on: August 6, 2017, 10:49:09 am »
I defintely think Solanke should be ahead of Origi already at this early stage.  As Klopp eluded to previously, Origi appears to be trying too hard still despite Klopps advise.  Solanke appears to be more a straight forward striker, natural instinct for goal and does the simple things really well.  It was only one game yesterday but there was no excuses for Origi not to have been at least on target with his efforts yesterday.

In Origi's defence getting the knock in pre-season didn't help him at all. It meant he was having to play catch up, and maybe he was trying too hard as a result. He will still play an important part come the season, as all our attacking players will. Solanke has definitely put himself in the mix this season though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #751 on: August 6, 2017, 11:20:15 am »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #752 on: August 6, 2017, 12:55:45 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MX6MvV8cbh8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MX6MvV8cbh8</a>

Can't really be anything but this. The donkey one is hilarious but nobody knows it.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: August 6, 2017, 01:24:01 pm »
I feel like, mentally, the lack of pressure on him here could be the making of him. He has a bit of a free hit here and he's able to display what a talented lad he is. Like Origi, he's got a bit of everything in his locker, but I think his bits are in better proportion and he might know how better to use them.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: August 6, 2017, 05:51:11 pm »

Beast
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #755 on: August 6, 2017, 06:25:48 pm »
Not sure any striker would want to be linked to a donkey.... but it's catchy.

Could I suggest that this is a song to be placed in the back pocket for use with young Mr Calvert-Lewin for when he has grown up and when appropriate. Bit cruel for a kid really.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline jegz1uk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #756 on: August 6, 2017, 06:46:03 pm »
Quick, strong and with an eye for goal, what more can you ask for. Interesting prospect

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: August 6, 2017, 07:14:33 pm »
I feel like, mentally, the lack of pressure on him here could be the making of him. He has a bit of a free hit here and he's able to display what a talented lad he is. Like Origi, he's got a bit of everything in his locker, but I think his bits are in better proportion and he might know how better to use them.

It could also be the kick up the arse Origi needs too. Lad comes in, couple years younger and hits the ground running. Help him realise that Liverpool aren't going to wait around forever for him.

I like Origi's potential but i don't think it's harsh to say that he needs to show more than glimpses.

Offline Alecs left foot

• Main Stander
  • Grumpy old fart.
« Reply #758 on: August 6, 2017, 07:22:45 pm »
Will be an excellent buy. I think Klopp needs to keep his mind sharp. He's young and will certainly need the hug and arm around his shoulder.
Make him feel wanted. Chelsea failed to do that.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: August 6, 2017, 08:17:32 pm »
He may well turn out to be the alternative we were missing last year against low block teams. Could give us the option to be a little more direct if needed while still being mobile, a more conventional forward play that many other teams use to good effect.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes