Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 216682 times)

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #2080 on: December 28, 2021, 09:18:11 am »
Got Hitman 3 in the Epic-store sale (using a coupon to get another 10 Euros off... Damn you Epic) and I have played the first two missions. They are great just like in the first two games. Can recommend all three games, but if you get them, get them during a sale, if you don't like repeating the same missions over and over hunting for achievements or trying different ways of solving them. I can't be arsed to do that, so I wouldn't pay full price for the games...

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2081 on: December 28, 2021, 12:21:31 pm »
The recent Hitman trilogy is superb,  I’m constantly replaying missions, dread to think how many hours I’ve sunk into bumping off an old woman.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2082 on: December 28, 2021, 01:08:29 pm »
dread to think how many hours I’ve sunk into bumping off an old woman.

And what about the game

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #2083 on: December 28, 2021, 03:46:54 pm »
We had the best Boxing Day here ever. We had a new Xbox X in the house which down graded our PS 4 but we also have a really old Switch.

We played Fortnite as squads with me, my two step kids and my daughter with two of them on the Xbox split screen on the big TV. We connected with Facetime so we could talk.

We had an absolute blast and got 10 back to back Squad victories. Great feeling.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2084 on: December 29, 2021, 02:56:40 am »

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2085 on: December 29, 2021, 02:52:53 pm »
The recent Hitman trilogy is superb,  I’m constantly replaying missions, dread to think how many hours I’ve sunk into bumping off an old woman.

Got Hitman 2, with all DLC, and the Hitman 1 Legacy pack (i.e. all the Hitman 1 missions and DLC, to play in Hitman 2 engine) on steam the other day as a Xmas present for myself, using some steam vouchers I got from family as xmas pressies.  Also bought Yakuza 0 (as I wanted to play through it on PC), Witcher 3 (ditto) and Just Cause 3.  Looking at getting Like a Dragon too - currently 40% of at £32.49, but given it's cheaper on disc for ps4/ps5 I was hoping it might drop a bit more before the end of the Xmas sale.  if not will buy it on the last day just to make sure I get it.

Playing through Hitman 1 - went and did every single challenge etc. on the training before moving on to Paris, and just sneaking around on that trying to figure out all the different paths and kills before moving on to the next campaign mission

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2086 on: December 29, 2021, 03:16:47 pm »

The thing I like most about is that after that stupid reboot, where they turned the Hitman-series into a stealth game, where you were supposed to not be seen most of the time, the new trilogy went back to being what the games initially were about: hiding in plain sight thanks to the right disguise. They also did a good job for most of the games (still haven't finished the 3rd one, but I'm somewhere in the middle) even though there are some stupider bits in them, like being able to follow said old lady to a balcony and throwing her off, while her henchmen are sitting in her office not giving a fuck. Most of the time, it really works well though in all the missions I've played so far.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #2087 on: December 29, 2021, 04:42:15 pm »
Playing It Takes Two as couch co-op with my son, what an amazing game

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2088 on: December 29, 2021, 07:58:35 pm »
We got the kids a Switch for Christmas so have been playing a fair amount of Mario Golf on that which is great fun. On PS5 I’ve just started a season on F1 and today I restarted RDR2 which I’d only made it about an hour into previously before getting distracted. Im determined to give it a proper go this time as I know I’ll love it.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: December 29, 2021, 11:29:52 pm »
On the lookout for a single player to lose myself in. Going to try Detroit become human, as its free on ps5. Most the stuff on the PlayStation looks a bit mad and Japanese. I heard that persona 5 game can take 100s of hours, anyone been on it.

by coincidence, i started playing this a day or two ago (another sale purchase during lockdown last year)

its pretty good, but i've not found i've been 'losing myself in it'. some of the chapters are great, some really drag for me. maybe its just my stamina for these kinds of games has taken a hit

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2090 on: December 29, 2021, 11:59:25 pm »
Playing It Takes Two as couch co-op with my son, what an amazing game
Just downloaded this as I’d heard good things and my girlfriend likes the odd co-op game.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2091 on: December 30, 2021, 06:23:58 am »
Oh Sekiro you glorious bastard.  Spent four hours yesterday morning just getting past the second mini-boss.  Think this may take me a while.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2092 on: December 30, 2021, 08:20:50 am »
Oh Sekiro you glorious bastard.  Spent four hours yesterday morning just getting past the second mini-boss.  Think this may take me a while.
One day it'll click and you'll be a one man killing machine, until then.... its a lot of rage and wanting to attack things in your room that are near to you when you die.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #2093 on: December 30, 2021, 09:20:16 am »
Just downloaded this as I’d heard good things and my girlfriend likes the odd co-op game.

It’s great. I’m used to playing co op games which are really easy with my son (Lego ones) which aren’t really co op as you can play on your own.

With this you really need to cooperate. It’s one of those games where it can take a while to figure out what to do, but never to the point of giving up and it’s hugely satisfying once you solve the puzzles

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2094 on: December 30, 2021, 09:34:24 am »
On the lookout for a single player to lose myself in. Going to try Detroit become human, as its free on ps5. Most the stuff on the PlayStation looks a bit mad and Japanese. I heard that persona 5 game can take 100s of hours, anyone been on it.

Persona 5 is such an addictive game and yes one can easily spend hours on end on it. Deffo would recommend it for sure if you’re a fan of Final Fantasy styled turn based type genre; albeit I’d play the latest version of it, think it’s Persona 5 Royale or something, as they’d made some changes which makes the game a bit better than Persona 5 - mainly the underground section and whenever you come across enemies that are weaker level then you then instead of fighting you just automatically eliminate them and can crack on exploring.
Ah just seen it’s a PS Plus game in Jan… get it for sure!
If not though then Detroit is also a good story telling game aka Heavy Rain etc… well given it’s made by the same studio it’s not surprising…  ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:10:44 am by RedKenWah »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2095 on: December 30, 2021, 10:41:48 am »
Persona Strikers is the PS Plus game in Jan but you can get Persona 5 (non royal version) with the PS Plus collection on PS5.

I'd recommend Ratchet and Clank on PS5 for a single player game.

There's lots of good single player stuff with the PS Plus collection, they are last gen games but good none the less if you never played them.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:48:29 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2096 on: December 30, 2021, 12:33:03 pm »
Started God of war again after getting towards the end last time without finishing. Spend to long doing all the side bits and needed a break and left it too long to go back. Felt I've done a lot of things first time whereas last go I retraced my steps a lot to complete a lot of stuff. So hopefully manage to get to the last of the valkyries on this go (think I done all but 2 or 3 last time) and see what all the fuss is about.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2097 on: December 30, 2021, 03:17:44 pm »
Anyone played Disco Elysium? Looks interesting, thought I’d give it a go.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2098 on: December 30, 2021, 03:35:33 pm »

I didn't find it quite as amazing as some make out, but it's far from bad. fir play to them for making something a bit different.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: December 30, 2021, 04:31:42 pm »

I loved it, very unique game.  Funny and heartbreaking.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: December 30, 2021, 05:43:04 pm »
Sounds like it’s in any case definitely worth trying. Not enough oddball games these days, especially in the RPG genre that keeps recycling old tropes.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2101 on: December 30, 2021, 06:24:50 pm »

Playing it at the moment (on sale on PS4), thoroughly enjoying so far. Very funny, deffo old 'point and click adventure' vibes to it.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2102 on: December 30, 2021, 08:45:07 pm »
Playing through A Plague Tale: Innocence, having got it for Christmas.

Beautiful visuals and music. Very linear but that suits my needs just fine at the minute. An interesting premise with believable characters. Really enjoying it and looking forward to more. Only downside is the gameplay, which feels cumbersome whenever you’re in a rush.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: January 2, 2022, 08:32:01 pm »
I've been playing San Andreas from the definitive edition of GTA. It's actually not as bad as i feared but I'm sure the patch helped. It's still a fun game to play but nostalgia is a hell of a thing, sometimes best no to revisit...anyway what strikes me the most is what a huge leap forward GTA4 was. For me it's the least GTA type game, it's darker, it's not a rags to riches story, just slightly better rags than when you first enter the American Dream but it was a huge step forward much like when GTA 3 released. I guess GTA5 was just an evolution of 4 looking back. I hope we get a another jump like we did from the previous era's of Rockstar games. I think it's relevant with Red Dead as well, I went back and played that and just couldn't believe the difference between that and the second Red Dead.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2104 on: January 2, 2022, 08:42:53 pm »
Just started Chapter 2 of RDR2. Am now getting sucked into the world and can imagine spending a chunk of time just enjoying it, as well as the story. Am not sure whether to crack on with the story a bit or go hunting to help the camp. It’s tempting just to enjoy the world it’s so well put together.

Otherwise I’m enjoying Mario golf with the kids. The Switch is brilliant, especially when the youngest has a meltdown when you put football on the telly and you can just set him up with the stand and he can crack on! Only downside was him trying to tell me about a birdie Yoshi got as I was celebrating Mo’s goal!

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2105 on: January 2, 2022, 08:52:27 pm »
Just started Chapter 2 of RDR2. Am now getting sucked into the world and can imagine spending a chunk of time just enjoying it, as well as the story. Am not sure whether to crack on with the story a bit or go hunting to help the camp. It’s tempting just to enjoy the world it’s so well put together.

Otherwise I’m enjoying Mario golf with the kids. The Switch is brilliant, especially when the youngest has a meltdown when you put football on the telly and you can just set him up with the stand and he can crack on! Only downside was him trying to tell me about a birdie Yoshi got as I was celebrating Mo’s goal!

I defo say enjoy the world. don't rush the story

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: January 3, 2022, 12:32:47 pm »
Agreed with Voodoo Ray, leave the story missions as long as possible and enjoy the world.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2107 on: January 3, 2022, 12:36:40 pm »

GOAT contender - just take the plunge.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2108 on: January 3, 2022, 12:47:08 pm »
Cheers for the advice on RDR2, will go for a wander around d later and maybe try some hunting!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2109 on: January 3, 2022, 10:11:13 pm »
back playing GTA V. had got close to the end on xbox 360 a few years back but the dvd drive on my console stopped working.

i got it again for xbox one.  i must be one of the few that preferred GTA IV. i just dont like the characters as much in this one and i dont have the same patience for travelling from A to B nowadays.

i just finished super metroid also. i got metroid dread for the switch and wanted to play super metroid before playing that one. i had a megadrive back in the early 90s so never got to play it then. what a great game though. thoroughly enjoyed it. amazes me how older simpler games can still outshine some of the bloated trash with nice graphics thats released nowadays.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2110 on: January 3, 2022, 10:21:10 pm »
Cheers for the advice on RDR2, will go for a wander around d later and maybe try some hunting!

don't get too attached to your horse because you might ride it accidentally over a cliff like I did.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: January 4, 2022, 05:55:33 pm »
don't get too attached to your horse because you might ride it accidentally over a cliff like I did.

Reminds me of when I stopped playing RDR1. I'd taken my time soaking in the world, doing all the side quests, until I got to the much praised Mexico bit when Jose Gonzalez kicks in. Took everything in, savouring the moment. I fell off a railway track and me and my horse died. Last time the game saved for me was about 45 mins beforehand. Nope. Just turned it off and never went back.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2112 on: January 5, 2022, 02:19:26 am »
back playing GTA V. had got close to the end on xbox 360 a few years back but the dvd drive on my console stopped working.

i got it again for xbox one.  i must be one of the few that preferred GTA IV. i just dont like the characters as much in this one and i dont have the same patience for travelling from A to B nowadays.

i just finished super metroid also. i got metroid dread for the switch and wanted to play super metroid before playing that one. i had a megadrive back in the early 90s so never got to play it then. what a great game though. thoroughly enjoyed it. amazes me how older simpler games can still outshine some of the bloated trash with nice graphics thats released nowadays.
Been saying it for years. Game design has nose dived off a cliff in the industry. They haven't a clue anymore.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2113 on: January 5, 2022, 06:21:42 am »
To counter that, I'm currently plying my way through Sekiro and I consider it to be extremely well designed, that goes for all of From Software's games.  The latest Hitman trilogy is also up there.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2114 on: January 5, 2022, 12:23:59 pm »
Fudge it, I’ll get my 70 year old mum to buy my 40 year old self Death Stranding for Christmas. Like Christmas in the 90’s again. Wrapped and everything with me pretending not to know what it is.

So I’ve started.
Woah. Wtf.
No clue what the fucks going on.
Just carried my dead president-mother up a hill on my back to cremate her before her black-ink corpse blows up a city, with a foetus strapped to my chest that makes creepy baby noises through my controller speaker.
I’m too intrigued to know if I love it or hate it yet.
Plus I love Lea Seydoux so for now I’m all in.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2115 on: January 5, 2022, 12:29:48 pm »
So I’ve started.
Woah. Wtf.
Just carried my dead president-mother up a hill on my back to cremate her before her black-ink corpse blows up a city, with a foetus strapped to my chest that makes creepy baby noises through my controller speaker.

Hahahaha it gets weirder and it’s fucking boss.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #2116 on: January 5, 2022, 12:30:04 pm »
So I’ve started.
Woah. Wtf.
It's mad haha.

Only got abut 8 hours in but I'm going to back to it now on the PS5.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #2117 on: January 5, 2022, 02:39:10 pm »
started Dorfromantik recently. is really addictive, relaxing little game. kind of like a more elaborate single player carcassone

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2118 on: January 5, 2022, 03:47:45 pm »
Been playing that Guardians Of The Galaxy. Better than I was expecting.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2119 on: January 5, 2022, 05:27:15 pm »
Lot of Anno 1800. Pleasantly surprised by it - was really under my radar because of it not being on Steam but it's a pretty decent regrounding of the series into cusp of industrialisation. It gets a bit fiddly over several maps at the same time and there could be better ingame tools for managing things - having to figure out production rates vs ability to ship in and out on pen and paper is far too much like work. Generally though I really like it. Nice surprise to try for what it blends together.

Waiting on patches/upgrades for a few things I want to replay. Cyberpunk 1.5 patch, TW3 with all the purty lights, and Death Stranding's Director's Cut.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."