Author Topic: Autocup  (Read 543420 times)

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
Re: Autocup
« Reply #2680 on: July 6, 2021, 03:01:27 pm »
Surely there will be more on 4 than the number of ACS seats available. I'd be surprised if members on 4 end up being guaranteed and don't have to go into a ballot.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #2681 on: July 6, 2021, 03:05:12 pm »
Sorry, but I’m reading it the same as redgriffin73.

‘Everyone with at least one game will be asked to register their interest…’

Surely it should be those with four games registering their interest and then working down? Why are those with one even in the equation?

I think what he was trying to say was everyone who wants to go to at least 1 game next season in any form of comp has to register interest per comp

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2682 on: July 6, 2021, 03:06:18 pm »
Surely there will be more on 4 than the number of ACS seats available. I'd be surprised if members on 4 end up being guaranteed and don't have to go into a ballot.

Exactly... hence why it'll be a ballot

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2683 on: July 6, 2021, 03:09:23 pm »
Exactly... hence why it'll be a ballot
I don’t think anyone is disputing that there’ll be a ballot based on the information available. But why a ballot? Why the sudden shift from putting the tickets on sale to holding a ballot?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2684 on: July 6, 2021, 03:11:41 pm »
I think you've read this wrong mate. If there's enough tickets for people with all 4 credits from 19/20 then there'd be a guaranteed sale, moving down until there wasn't a guaranteed sale where a likely ballot would be held.

Ah thanks (that'll teach me to read RAWK quickly while pretending to also work!) - I was assuming if it was oversubscribed on say 1+ then everyone 1+ would then go in a ballot.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2685 on: July 6, 2021, 03:12:02 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2686 on: July 6, 2021, 03:12:17 pm »
I think what he was trying to say was everyone who wants to go to at least 1 game next season in any form of comp has to register interest per comp
For general ticketing or buying on a match by match basis, maybe. But the ACS? If you’ve not been to four games from 19/20, then you’ve got no chance of getting on the ACS, so why should they be registering their interest in joining it when it’ll clearly be over subscribed for those on four games as it is?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2687 on: July 6, 2021, 03:13:44 pm »
Ignore me, having a blonde moment!
Well you’re not the only one then, because I must be missing something too as I still can’t get my head around the ‘everyone with at least one game will be asked to register their interest…’ comment.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2688 on: July 6, 2021, 03:14:18 pm »
Ignore me, having a blonde moment!

Me too, tbf haha

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2689 on: July 6, 2021, 03:19:34 pm »
Well you’re not the only one then, because I must be missing something too as I still can’t get my head around the ‘everyone with at least one game will be asked to register their interest…’ comment.

That was the bit that confused me too but hopefully sonofkenny will be back at some point to clarify for us.

It's making my brain ache trying to get my head around all these changes to come!

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2690 on: July 6, 2021, 03:34:05 pm »
I'd imagine a few thousand given we only did 4 games in 19/20

The issue isn't the first game its when you get to the later rounds and uefa return less and less allocation, so people miss out

Lets say as an example, uefa return 4000 seats per group game, 3000 for the last 16, 2000 for the quarters and 1000 for the semi

Those seats are all sold but aren't there for ACS the following year as uefa might take them

Loads missed out on Roma, City, Barca and even a few I know on Atletico

As a result, the further you get in the comp the fewer members actually qualify for ACS the following year
So because we didnt get that far, in my example above there'd be 3000 member qualifying for ACS seats that don't exist

This is why it's ridiculous that they'd use the 4 games from 19/20 to allow people to join the ACS.  People who have been in the ACS for the last few years and done all home games since the europa league could lose out to people who have just done 4 games last season who weren't even in the ACS.  To get the ACS for 19/20 you needed the 6 CL homes from 18/19, they should have at least gone back to this.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2691 on: July 6, 2021, 03:43:15 pm »
For general ticketing or buying on a match by match basis, maybe. But the ACS? If you’ve not been to four games from 19/20, then you’ve got no chance of getting on the ACS, so why should they be registering their interest in joining it when it’ll clearly be over subscribed for those on four games as it is?

How do you know if it'll be oversubscribed? A few hundred season ticket holders didn't buy their season tickets for next season because they didn't know whether they'd be able to attend games and took advantage of the 1 season break offered by the club. There could be a lot of members with 4 CL credits on their cards that could be doing the same.

A lot of people thought Palace was going to be tough in the ballot last season yet everyone on 19 who wanted one got one, I suspect this will be similar here.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2692 on: July 6, 2021, 03:58:44 pm »
I don’t think anyone is disputing that there’ll be a ballot based on the information available. But why a ballot? Why the sudden shift from putting the tickets on sale to holding a ballot?

It's a fairer allocation process than someone sitting there with 10+ devices compared to 70 year old John who hardly knows how to use a phone

The old system people missed out, first come first served

Much fairer way to give people plenty of panic free time to sign up for a ballot over a few days, to then know they're guaranteed a ticket in the sale, even if they can't make it at 8.15am

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2693 on: July 6, 2021, 03:59:39 pm »

We only had one game in the league cup.
We only had 2 in the FAC.

They will follow the same process in each cup. People are using the term ACS to just refer to Europe, but the domestics have their scheme too.

I would imagine it will be like the season ticket renewal and do them all at the same time. You get a tick box for each one you want to enter (that you are eligible for).
« Last Edit: July 6, 2021, 04:01:31 pm by Craig S »

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #2694 on: July 6, 2021, 04:04:57 pm »
How do you know if it'll be oversubscribed? A few hundred season ticket holders didn't buy their season tickets for next season because they didn't know whether they'd be able to attend games and took advantage of the 1 season break offered by the club. There could be a lot of members with 4 CL credits on their cards that could be doing the same.

A lot of people thought Palace was going to be tough in the ballot last season yet everyone on 19 who wanted one got one, I suspect this will be similar here.

There is the potential that some people don't want to go due to no credits being awarded. I guess it's a chance to save money too, knowing you won't miss out the season after, especially if Covid has left you in a tough spot financially.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2695 on: July 6, 2021, 04:09:13 pm »
There is the potential that some people don't want to go due to no credits being awarded. I guess it's a chance to save money too, knowing you won't miss out the season after, especially if Covid has left you in a tough spot financially.

A lot less ST holders returned than I expected.. However, I think the 'free hit' on transfers is encouraging people to renew and transfer every match

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2696 on: July 6, 2021, 04:17:31 pm »
Not sure what you mean here, season ticket holders cannot just join the ACS now, they have to have been to a number of games the previous season now, or am I missing something here?

So what you are saying is that we should have a closed shop like the away games?  not sure I agree with that, I think they have been more than fair with this.

As stated above 250 ‘1 year ST’ will be issues this season and they have the option to join the ACS regardless of credits or not.

I think we should reward loyalty, surely someone that’s been to the past 20 home European matches deserves to join the ACS more than someone with just the last 4??

But the thing that I got annoyed with is the fact that it’s now a ballot if not everyone can be allocated instead of like previous a first come first serve sale. It’s just as fair to get a ‘lucky queue position’ online as a random number in a ballot, but at least you felt like you had a chance to impact the outcome in a sale.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2697 on: July 6, 2021, 04:48:06 pm »
So how many credits will the ACS for 2021/22 start on? Is it 4 from 2019/20? So all the group games and the last 16 vs Atleti? And the 6 games from the season we won it count for f all?
« Last Edit: July 6, 2021, 04:50:42 pm by gray19lfc »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2698 on: July 6, 2021, 04:54:14 pm »
So how many credits will the ACS for 2021/22 start on? Is it 4 from 2019/20? So all the group games and the last 16 vs Atleti? And the 6 games from the season we won it count for f all?

Well they didn’t count for fuck all, they got you in the ACS in 19/20

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2699 on: July 6, 2021, 04:54:58 pm »

It's only ever been the games from the previous season that have counted for the ACS though, that's not changed.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #2700 on: July 6, 2021, 04:55:40 pm »
not sure what 18/19 has to do with anything, the club are doing what would've been done for last season had there been fans so I'm not sure why people are annoyed

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2701 on: July 6, 2021, 04:57:59 pm »

But now I’m in the same pot as someone with 4 credits who wasn’t in the ACS before.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2702 on: July 6, 2021, 04:58:54 pm »
But now I’m in the same pot as someone with 4 credits who wasn’t in the ACS before.

You'd have been in that pot regardless, it's always been the previous season used.

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2703 on: July 6, 2021, 05:00:09 pm »
You'd have been in that pot regardless, it's always been the previous season used.

Yeah I know but I imagine there’ll be more people with 4 games getting onto the ACS for this season than there were those getting onto the ACS with 6 the season before.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2704 on: July 6, 2021, 05:01:54 pm »
Yeah I know but I imagine there’ll be more people with 4 games getting onto the ACS for this season than there were those getting onto the ACS with 6 the season before.

That's just the way the cookie crumbles, blame Adrian ;)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2705 on: July 6, 2021, 05:02:56 pm »

;D

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2706 on: July 6, 2021, 05:30:51 pm »
This is why it's ridiculous that they'd use the 4 games from 19/20 to allow people to join the ACS.  People who have been in the ACS for the last few years and done all home games since the europa league could lose out to people who have just done 4 games last season who weren't even in the ACS.  To get the ACS for 19/20 you needed the 6 CL homes from 18/19, they should have at least gone back to this.
Yep.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2707 on: July 6, 2021, 05:32:14 pm »
It's only ever been the games from the previous season that have counted for the ACS though, that's not changed.
Should change it though.

I remember a year for the FA Cup when they went back over two seasons, could easily go back so that 2000-3000 are ring fenced for long time ACS subscribers and then a sale of the rest.

A guaranteed sale is held in basically every other competition.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2708 on: July 6, 2021, 05:38:21 pm »
Right.

NO ONE is getting on the ACS if they haven't been to CL games last season, the new Season Ticket Holders included, EVERYONE has to have CL game history from last season.

The Club will be asking EVERYONE who attended at least one game to register, there are several reasons for this:

1.  They want everyone to get used to this process
2.  They don't know how many people will want attend
3.  They want to see who wants to go and to start tracking numbers more accurately.

They will only use a ballot if there are too many people and too few tickets.  So if they can accommodate everyone with four, there is no ballot for them, just straight in.  Any ballot will be for those with three and so on until sold out.

« Last Edit: July 6, 2021, 05:43:19 pm by sonofkenny »

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2709 on: July 6, 2021, 05:42:36 pm »
Should change it though.

I remember a year for the FA Cup when they went back over two seasons, could easily go back so that 2000-3000 are ring fenced for long time ACS subscribers and then a sale of the rest.

A guaranteed sale is held in basically every other competition.

Not this year, will only happen if they can accommodate everyone, otherwise a ballot.

they have always sold home games like this, going back over previous seasons will just create another closed shop.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2710 on: July 6, 2021, 05:44:56 pm »

And at some point in the past you would have been in the same situation..... so by your logic you might not even have got on the ACS originally....

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2711 on: July 6, 2021, 06:04:01 pm »

Why does being in the ACS give someone more loyalty?

It makes no difference whether someone got the 4 tickets from individual sales or by being in the ACS.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2712 on: July 6, 2021, 06:05:11 pm »

It makes no difference whether someone got the 4 tickets from individual sales or by being in the ACS.

For once I agree with you ;-)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #2713 on: July 6, 2021, 06:16:00 pm »
it's funny how it works out, had we won that game we'd looking at 18/19 credits for UCL too

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2714 on: July 6, 2021, 08:22:20 pm »
Thanks for the clarification sonofkenny :wave

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2715 on: July 6, 2021, 08:53:35 pm »

Very true

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2716 on: July 6, 2021, 09:10:40 pm »
Right.

NO ONE is getting on the ACS if they haven't been to CL games last season, the new Season Ticket Holders included, EVERYONE has to have CL game history from last season.

The Club will be asking EVERYONE who attended at least one game to register, there are several reasons for this:

1.  They want everyone to get used to this process
2.  They don't know how many people will want attend
3.  They want to see who wants to go and to start tracking numbers more accurately.

They will only use a ballot if there are too many people and too few tickets.  So if they can accommodate everyone with four, there is no ballot for them, just straight in.  Any ballot will be for those with three and so on until sold out.

Thanks for clarifying that. Makes sense now.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2717 on: July 6, 2021, 09:32:24 pm »

The point being that ACS never rewards loyalty.  It's easy to get 4 home cup credits and there had been indications if you had ACS in 19/20 you would automatically get ACS the next year.  To get the ACS in 19/20 you needed all 6 homes from 18/19.  It's about rewarding loyalty, instead people who have been on the ACS are now thrown into the pot with others and it was quite easy to get 4 home games in the CL.

On your thinking that's like saying why does being a STH give someone more loyalty  ::)  Loyalty is rewarded in every other competition other than the ACS.  Certain amount of league home games guarantees you getting a home ticket, same with aways.  If they scrapped loyalty in the league and aways I'm sure people would have something to say about it.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2718 on: July 6, 2021, 09:40:15 pm »
The point being that ACS never rewards loyalty.  It's easy to get 4 home cup credits and there had been indications if you had ACS in 19/20 you would automatically get ACS the next year.  To get the ACS in 19/20 you needed all 6 homes from 18/19.  It's about rewarding loyalty, instead people who have been on the ACS are now thrown into the pot with others and it was quite easy to get 4 home games in the CL.

On your thinking that's like saying why does being a STH give someone more loyalty  ::)  Loyalty is rewarded in every other competition other than the ACS.  Certain amount of league home games guarantees you getting a home ticket, same with aways.  If they scrapped loyalty in the league and aways I'm sure people would have something to say about it.

Loyalty is being rewarded though.  How far back would you go out of interest and I presume you are advocating every sale should go back over a number of years including home and away League games?

And if it is easy to get 4, what’s the problem? You will get what you want won’t you?!?
« Last Edit: July 6, 2021, 09:42:27 pm by sonofkenny »

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2719 on: July 6, 2021, 10:03:22 pm »
Loyalty is being rewarded though.  How far back would you go out of interest and I presume you are advocating every sale should go back over a number of years including home and away League games?

And if it is easy to get 4, what’s the problem? You will get what you want won’t you?!?

There’s no reason why they couldn’t go back 2 or 3 seasons and stage the sales more so that people who have gone for several years and been in the ACS are rewarded for loyalty. Doing this doesn’t make it a closed shop for others either unlike aways, or league games for people with full home credits.

So why do they go back a number of years with aways in some of the cups? Why not just go back one season and throw loads of people into a ballot? Do you think that the people who have gone to aways in the cups would be happy?

No need to go back a number of years for league games because you are guaranteed homes leagues with x amount of games, so there’s your loyalty being rewarded.

It’s the latter rounds from the quarter finals in the CL that are hard to get as UEFA takes more tickets, so no you won’t get what you want. Same with the FA cup, if you draw a rival, or progress further in the cup then tickets are almost impossible to get without the ACS.  Plus being in the ACS saves so much hassle trying for seats in the sales.