Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1436749 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #5440 on: July 22, 2020, 11:51:23 pm »
What a goal, what an assist vs Chelsea.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #5441 on: July 23, 2020, 12:16:51 am »
The goal was good, albeit hopeless keeping from Kepa.

The cross was one of the best I've ever seen. Just stunning.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5442 on: July 23, 2020, 12:25:24 am »

The BeInSport commentary on that is hilarious. Hard to describe but he goes oooooooo-a-yay-yay as the cross is delivered  :D

https://twitter.com/el_mansfield/status/1286066993674690560?s=19
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #5443 on: July 23, 2020, 12:30:34 am »
The BeInSport commentary on that is hilarious. Hard to describe but he goes oooooooo-a-yay-yay as the cross is delivered  :D

https://twitter.com/el_mansfield/status/1286066993674690560?s=19

;D

I shouted GOAL as soon as he hit it. Not because I have any clue about anything, but it was so perfectly struck, it would have been a travesty if there was any other outcome.

He is obscenely talented.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5444 on: July 23, 2020, 12:58:39 am »
Not sure which was better...the free kick or the assist. Both sexy as fuck. In the Sky Interview after the match he comes across as super mature and someone who really cares about the club and the fans.    Really coming into his own now, God bless and protect him from injuries.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1286081088578879489

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #5445 on: July 23, 2020, 12:59:06 am »
Already has as many goals against Chelsea this season alone in 2 games as Gerrard did against Chelsea in 40 games over his entire career. Future captain fantastic.  What a fucking legend already.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #5446 on: July 23, 2020, 01:05:14 am »
He’ll rival Juninho if he keeps taking free kicks like that! This kid is special.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5447 on: July 23, 2020, 01:09:40 am »
He is simply world class. We're very lucky... A generational type player

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5448 on: July 23, 2020, 01:23:14 am »
I think being part of a back four that concedes 3 goals and yet still being MOTM sums up Trent's redefinition of the full back role. The shape he put on the ball for Bobby's goal was just ridiculous.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5449 on: July 23, 2020, 01:26:47 am »
Twice as many assists this season as Paul Scholes' best ever season.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5450 on: July 23, 2020, 01:29:17 am »
The goal was good, albeit hopeless keeping from Kepa.

Don’t buy in to the weird Kepa bashing the muppets on Skysports are feeding you, two keepers wouldnt have saved that free kick.  :champ

“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5451 on: July 23, 2020, 05:38:15 am »
Just curious - was he this talented when playing for the youth teams? I remember him breaking through, but I feel so many of these skills he's built over his time with the first team. Keeps adding strings to his bow.

Did he really shine out like Gerrard did in the youth teams? 'Cos he's reached that level of world-class now.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5452 on: July 23, 2020, 05:43:31 am »
Should be spoken about more in player of the year terms.

He is ridiculous to be honest, 13 fcking league assists, those crossfield balls, adding goals as well. Defensively he is great and will get better. Honestly this guys ceiling is limitless

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5453 on: July 23, 2020, 06:05:32 am »

But Trent?  I don’t think there’s any one arguing he isn’t the best right back on the planet.

I guess you don't know any Man Utd fans
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Willy Poolman

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never RAWK Alone
« Reply #5454 on: July 23, 2020, 06:48:07 am »
I'm bursting with pride for Trent. His on-field performance was outstanding - brilliant goal from a free-kick, and an exquisite cross at full pace down the right flanks. Off-field performance equally impressive - eyed his medal with awe, not arrogance, and a mature, considered interview post-match. What a lad ... so proud of him.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5455 on: July 23, 2020, 07:32:45 am »
Just curious - was he this talented when playing for the youth teams? I remember him breaking through, but I feel so many of these skills he's built over his time with the first team. Keeps adding strings to his bow.

Did he really shine out like Gerrard did in the youth teams? 'Cos he's reached that level of world-class now.

In Gerrard's autobiography he identifies "Trent Arnold" as the standout talent, think he even calls him world class potential. The other one he called out was Herbie Kane.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5456 on: July 23, 2020, 07:56:55 am »

He was really good, just dominated games from right back when he played there and was clearly someone who would make it if given the chance (although i doubt anyone would have expected him to be this good this quick.) I think his game has definitley changed/developed with the senior side though. I always remeber him being a lot more of an open play goal threat than he is now and not as creative/cross heavy in the acadmey sides.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5457 on: July 23, 2020, 08:46:16 am »
Yeah Kepa was never saving that free kick. Absolute pearler.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5458 on: July 23, 2020, 08:57:42 am »
Imagine the amount of assist he would get if we have a proper no 9 that scores regularly @ anfield ;D

A goal and brilliant assist tonight. Just normal business i guess for him and his fullback friend.

Cant believe he is only 21. Pa & Ma trent got to be looking at bigger place to keep all his medals when he done with us.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #5459 on: July 23, 2020, 09:23:55 am »
He should win Player of the Year. Him or Sadio, in my opinion. He may have to settle for young player. He’s been the best one of them too.

Last night and more importantly Leicester away were his performances of the season.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5460 on: July 23, 2020, 09:37:41 am »
Is there anything this boy cannot do on the football pitch? He can even dribble and carry the ball well which is not a quality we see very much of.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5461 on: July 23, 2020, 09:51:01 am »
Is there anything this boy cannot do on the football pitch? He can even dribble and carry the ball well which is not a quality we see very much of.
Crazy thing is as recently as Barca away people thought Clyne would have been a better option for that game.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5462 on: July 23, 2020, 09:54:53 am »
Yeah Kepa was never saving that free kick. Absolute pearler.

The best decision Kepa has made recently was not diving for that.  He'd have got his kit dirty for no reason and it would have ruined his "best seat in the house" view of a wonderful strike.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #5463 on: July 23, 2020, 09:55:21 am »
Can't overstate the quality of that cross. It's the sort of cross/pass hybrid that Beckham made his career from.
This guy can only improve defensively and from a goal scoring perspective. We haven't seen the best yet.

Exactly what I said to the Mrs. The way he strikes the ball is very similar to Beckham. I am not comparing him as an overall player but just the way he strikes the ball.

He is only going to improve as well. Frightening that he is only 21.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5464 on: July 23, 2020, 01:02:33 pm »
Keeps adding strings to his bow.

Philanthropist...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5465 on: July 23, 2020, 01:07:44 pm »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5467 on: July 23, 2020, 01:16:34 pm »
Trent mused...

I’ve said it before, Trent is refreshingly laid back for a man with such responsibility.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #5468 on: July 23, 2020, 02:29:43 pm »
Great article here from Daniel Storey on Trent: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-premier-league-player-of-the-year-fwa-award-560353

It's pretty incredible how normalized his performances have become over the last two seasons.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5469 on: July 23, 2020, 07:01:00 pm »
Great article here from Daniel Storey on Trent: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-premier-league-player-of-the-year-fwa-award-560353

It's pretty incredible how normalized his performances have become over the last two seasons.

This line gave me goosebumps: " Klopp’s system asks a huge amount of the full-backs in both halves of the pitch. Trent was asked to move mountains, nodded calmly and asked where his manager wanted them putting."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:06:31 pm by Morgana »

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5470 on: July 26, 2020, 01:34:14 pm »
Featured in the new Fifa 21 trailer along with Mbappe, Haaland, and Joao Felix

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tuLAn9adQpI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tuLAn9adQpI</a>
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5471 on: July 27, 2020, 06:35:50 am »
Some games, he has been unplayable this season. The Chelsea game for example, or that Leicester away game, he simply just was a superstar. Magnificent player, and without him our game is reduced a bit.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #5472 on: July 27, 2020, 07:46:02 am »
This guy is rapidly moving up my all-time club greats list  ;D

We are blessed to have him - and no, I'm not religious but I do worship at the cathedral of Anfield and the God that is Klopp  :wave

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5473 on: July 29, 2020, 03:03:27 am »

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #5474 on: July 29, 2020, 03:36:39 am »
https://twitter.com/insidelfc/status/1288167274566868994

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Keep 66
Don’t know why I care so much but I want him to take the #2. Robertson to take #3 and Fabinho to take #6.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5475 on: July 29, 2020, 03:43:05 am »
Having won the Premier league, Club World Cup and Champion League at the age of 21, incredible.
Believer

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5476 on: July 29, 2020, 03:59:03 am »
Saw this in f365's top 10 player of the season.

In two-and-a-half seasons as a professional footballer, Trent Alexander-Arnold has been to two Champions League finals, winning one of them, has a Premier League title, and can walk past a 50-foot mural of himself on a daily basis if he so chooses...

Crazy to think about really.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5477 on: July 29, 2020, 05:18:00 am »
https://twitter.com/insidelfc/status/1288167274566868994

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Keep 66

Time to bombard his Twitter and Instagram asking him to keep 66. He will make it iconic.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5478 on: July 29, 2020, 05:37:16 am »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5479 on: July 29, 2020, 06:46:17 am »
For his brand he should keep 66