Author Topic: The Men in Suits behind the scenes  (Read 583837 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Reply #6360 on: May 15, 2024, 09:32:00 pm »
https://twitter.com/newscolina/status/1790823235522592868

Fenway Sports Group (FSG), the majority owner of Liverpool's shares, showed interest in acquiring SAF from Vasco.

The American group has already carried out a survey in this regard, as it hinted at the possibility of investing in a multi-club network.

In addition to FSG, a company from the Crefisa group also demonstrated its intention to become the majority shareholder of Vasco SAF

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6361 on: May 15, 2024, 09:38:23 pm »
:lmao
Should go and buy Branthwaite now. He’s not good enough for us, but it would piss them off and there’s no way that they can afford to turn us down
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #6362 on: May 15, 2024, 09:53:39 pm »
It would be funny if we bought some of the other clubs 777 have as well at a discounted rate which led to their purchase of Everton to go through which then takes them down ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6363 on: May 15, 2024, 09:56:56 pm »
I think they own  Liege in Belgium too. A decent sized club and Belgium have been producing talent for the best part of two decades now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6364 on: May 15, 2024, 09:59:46 pm »
I think they own  Liege in Belgium too. A decent sized club and Belgium have been producing talent for the best part of two decades now.

Yeah, Fellaini sticks out as the absolute diamond from all of those players.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #6365 on: May 15, 2024, 10:00:30 pm »
They do. Also own Genoa, Hertha BSC, and Red Star in France

If they really are going tits up there's some very decent clubs who will be going on the cheap there that would be right up FSG's street.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6366 on: May 15, 2024, 10:01:58 pm »

HOW DARE YOU FORGET STEVEN DARFOR? He rang rings around in the games we played against them. Also Axel Witsel was good.  ;D

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #6367 on: May 15, 2024, 10:21:21 pm »
Remember when they nearly KOd us in that CL qualifier. Dante and Onyewu at the back, Mbokani up front and the three youngsters in midfield. I wanted Witsel for years after that, really impressive as a teenager and had a good career.

Future red Jovanovic on the bench too  ::)

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #6368 on: May 15, 2024, 10:40:42 pm »
Yeah, he was, he was only half the manager Klopp is, though, so I wouldn’t be using him as a great example to follow. He was a ruthless manager but he was actually bordering on stupid in the transfer window at times.

He had 1 arm tied behind his back. He wanted the likes of Ramos, Villa and Alves and wasn't given the backing. When he was we got Torres, Alonso and Mascherano. When he had to wheel and deal we ended up with mediocre players.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6369 on: May 15, 2024, 11:43:12 pm »
Yeah, he was, he was only half the manager Klopp is, though, so I wouldn’t be using him as a great example to follow. He was a ruthless manager but he was actually bordering on stupid in the transfer window at times.

No he is not. 70m net spend thanks to Madrid buying Alonso. Only a genius would have achieved what Rafa did for us, he was literally working alone under toxic ownership.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #6370 on: May 16, 2024, 01:29:16 am »
James Pearce

Fucking chancer he and Ornstein both. Just purveyors of fake news for clicks who actively want to destabilise the club.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #6371 on: May 16, 2024, 07:01:55 am »
Fucking chancer he and Ornstein both. Just purveyors of fake news for clicks who actively want to destabilise the club.

Most of Ornstein's fake news is correct.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #6372 on: May 16, 2024, 08:05:18 am »
What a stupid post. Absolutely ridiculous and very disrespectful to say the least.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6373 on: May 16, 2024, 09:14:43 am »

HF, not the first time you've said this about Ornstein. Why? He's probably the most reliable high profile football journalist out there at the moment.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #6374 on: May 16, 2024, 09:17:54 am »
https://twitter.com/newscolina/status/1790823235522592868

Im not in favour of multi club ownerships model but if we do it having a club in South America is the best option.  Its another continent away so never going to meet in the CL or Europa Cup.  Man City and Girona like issue.  Though will we still have issues with granting of work premits?

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6375 on: May 16, 2024, 09:51:33 am »
Some talk of Vasco de Gama being a potential target club for FSG.
Vasco's value is higher than what I expected us to go for.

FSG are not messing around here. They mean business.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6376 on: May 16, 2024, 09:53:51 am »
Hello! This seems to have legs to it.

777 have been removed.

https://x.com/geglobo/status/1790930649613812053

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #6377 on: May 16, 2024, 09:58:55 am »
Most of Ornstein's fake news is correct.

Yeah, I think Ornstein is usually spot on. I think he milks the info he gets, but he's clearly got a source somewhere.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #6378 on: May 16, 2024, 10:13:43 am »
Well I don’t have an X account, refuse to participate in that cesspool. But even if it was true, what purpose does it serve to ‘report’ that the new incoming staff came to blows with the outgoing coaching staff at Melwood and the police were called? It’s just to generate outrage and clicks and serves no purpose.

Same with Pearce, foreshadowing a hit piece on Klopp after he leaves just to generate interest.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #6379 on: May 16, 2024, 10:16:19 am »

In most rooms, he would stick out to be fair.

:)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6380 on: May 16, 2024, 10:18:16 am »

Not so, Ornstein is a good journalist who will publish stories when he has confirmed sources.

Not to be confused when sometimes he will be forced to speculate on a story (as all of us do on here 98% of the time!).

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6381 on: May 16, 2024, 10:21:24 am »
Vasco's value is higher than what I expected us to go for.

FSG are not messing around here. They mean business.

The question is who will be paying for it. Will FSG take on the acquisition and running costs at FSG level or will they set up a separate MCO company and expect that group to be self-sufficient?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6382 on: May 16, 2024, 10:28:29 am »
The question is who will be paying for it. Will FSG take on the acquisition and running costs at FSG level or will they set up a separate MCO company and expect that group to be self-sufficient?
What I expect is for them to get a low interest loan based on the value of their portfolio.

They like buying undervalued teams to rebuild them and reap the benefits.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6383 on: May 16, 2024, 10:48:39 am »
What I expect is for them to get a low interest loan based on the value of their portfolio.

They like buying undervalued teams to rebuild them and reap the benefits.

Will that loan be at FSG level though or at the Football group level?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6384 on: May 16, 2024, 10:57:29 am »

Thats my worry, that at some point FSG start releasing the group financial results rather than individual clubs. Only an accountant would be able to know if possible. I know in fashion that someone like Kering release group wide results but to get them individually for Gucci, Balenciaga etc. is hard work.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6385 on: May 16, 2024, 11:02:01 am »
It will be at FSG level. The football "group" is not big enough to finance it.

They don't take money out of their teams directly, neither do they put a lot in (with the exception of infrastructure) because at the end of the day, they are businessmen that are in it for profit.

Having valuable clubs like us and the Red Sox makes it easy for them to raise funds. That's the value they've earned by improving their teams

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6386 on: May 16, 2024, 11:04:34 am »
Thats my worry, that at some point FSG start releasing the group financial results rather than individual clubs. Only an accountant would be able to know if possible. I know in fashion that someone like Kering release group wide results but to get them individually for Gucci, Balenciaga etc. is hard work.
By law, Liverpool still has to publish separate accounts.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #6387 on: May 16, 2024, 11:05:15 am »
Well I don’t have an X account, refuse to participate in that cesspool. But even if it was true, what purpose does it serve to ‘report’ that the new incoming staff came to blows with the outgoing coaching staff at Melwood and the police were called? It’s just to generate outrage and clicks and serves no purpose.

Same with Pearce, foreshadowing a hit piece on Klopp after he leaves just to generate interest.

What is the Athletic piece that is being alluded to?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6388 on: May 16, 2024, 11:06:36 am »

Thanks, so if there is ever any cross funding, we should know.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6389 on: May 16, 2024, 11:31:37 am »

Haha what the fuck are you talking about HF  ;D

This is just like that time Klopp called Nkunku a talking donkey isn't it  ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6390 on: May 16, 2024, 11:38:12 am »

No we won't.

We will just get the figures relevant to Liverpool. The Football group signs a deal say with Adidas. If that is done at group level then the only figures we will get will be how much is given to Liverpool. We won't know what the entire amount was or how much Fenway Sports management earned from the transaction.

Same thing with pre-season tours, same thing with how much the group level company will earn from providing consultancy services. Edwards for instance wont be a LFC employee. So how much will we pay to the group for services provided by Edwards and his team. Look at City group they have set up a scouting database that all the teams in the group pay for. City do it so they can pump extra money into Man City. There is nothing to stop it working the other way.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6391 on: May 16, 2024, 11:39:54 am »

City has to publish separate accounts that doesn't mean it stops them cross funding City.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6392 on: May 16, 2024, 12:27:51 pm »
Vasco are in Rio aren't they? Big club with some history behind it, interesting to see if it comes off. Not that I'm behind multi club ownership at all it's a load of shite.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6393 on: May 16, 2024, 12:44:51 pm »
We should because things like that need to be disclosed. I don't get the impression that we willingly withhold information.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6394 on: May 16, 2024, 12:50:08 pm »
No we won't.

We will just get the figures relevant to Liverpool. The Football group signs a deal say with Adidas. If that is done at group level then the only figures we will get will be how much is given to Liverpool. We won't know what the entire amount was or how much Fenway Sports management earned from the transaction.

Same thing with pre-season tours, same thing with how much the group level company will earn from providing consultancy services. Edwards for instance wont be a LFC employee. So how much will we pay to the group for services provided by Edwards and his team. Look at City group they have set up a scouting database that all the teams in the group pay for. City do it so they can pump extra money into Man City. There is nothing to stop it working the other way.

Damn good point. It's sad, but we will have to pump deals a bit like Man City. Otherwise, the playing field becomes even more uneven.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6395 on: May 16, 2024, 12:55:22 pm »
HOW DARE YOU FORGET STEVEN DARFOR? He rang rings around in the games we played against them. Also Axel Witsel was good.  ;D

Dante who won the Champions League at Bayern (I think?).

One of the greatest footballers in the world in Milan Jovanovic. And Mbokani who I think once scored against us for Norwich.

Remember when that qualifier draw was made and thinking it would be nice and routine and it turned out we were seeing the beginnings of Belgium’s re-emergence as a footballing force.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6396 on: May 16, 2024, 12:57:24 pm »

One of the greatest footballers in the world in Milan Jovanovic. And Mbokani who I think once scored against us for Norwich.

Remember when that qualifier draw was made and thinking it would be nice and routine and it turned out we were seeing the beginnings of Belgium’s re-emergence as a footballing force.
That Liege team was very good.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #6397 on: May 16, 2024, 12:59:36 pm »
2 of the toughest games we'd had under Rafa against Standard Liege ...

Brilliant team.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6398 on: May 16, 2024, 01:47:57 pm »
That Liege team was very good.

better than a pub team, for sure.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6399 on: May 16, 2024, 01:55:32 pm »

Yeah, he Peaked early.