Author Topic: The Men in Suits behind the scenes  (Read 594573 times)

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Reply #6440 on: May 22, 2024, 02:50:31 pm »
I'm just imagining John Henry doing one of his hostage videos again to explain the difference. Fuck me :D

In one thread I'm being told it's not 1978, now in here it's 1959.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6441 on: May 22, 2024, 02:53:38 pm »
I'm just imagining John Henry doing one of his hostage videos again to explain the difference. Fuck me :D

Thought it was 168...

Oh...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline BigRedLetterDay

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6442 on: May 22, 2024, 03:53:08 pm »
What gaps do we still have following staff departures? We've lost two assistant managers/coaches (Pep and Peter), two GK coaches (big John and Jack Robinson), a head of fitness and head of recovery (the two Andreas's), and the elite development coach (Vitor).

So far we've replaced them with an assistant manager and a head of performance, so feels like we're going to need a fair few more new faces.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6443 on: May 22, 2024, 03:57:10 pm »
What gaps do we still have following staff departures? We've lost two assistant managers/coaches (Pep and Peter), two GK coaches (big John and Jack Robinson), a head of fitness and head of recovery (the two Andreas's), and the elite development coach (Vitor).

So far we've replaced them with an assistant manager and a head of performance, so feels like we're going to need a fair few more new faces.

I can’t imagine they’d need to bring more than one other goalie coach. I think having 3 before was a luxury afforded because of Ali being here and Taffarel being willing to move to work with him at Liverpool. And Taffarel's staying - so maybe an assistant goalie coach? 

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #6444 on: May 22, 2024, 04:06:15 pm »
Its also unusual to have two assistant managers as well so we'll probably stay with just the one, a set piece coach and maybe another coach to come in

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6445 on: May 22, 2024, 04:33:33 pm »
I can’t imagine they’d need to bring more than one other goalie coach. I think having 3 before was a luxury afforded because of Ali being here and Taffarel being willing to move to work with him at Liverpool. And Taffarel's staying - so maybe an assistant goalie coach?

I'd expect we get a keeper coach as he was head coach for all age groups no? Tafferel was 1st team so I'd imagine he stays the same and is the assistant.

Lijnders - Hulshoff
Krawietz - Reijnen
Andreas's -  Peeters
Mateos - ??
Achterberg - ??
Robinson - Taffarel
Set Piece Coach - Samie?

something like that so far?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6446 on: May 22, 2024, 04:53:30 pm »
If Slot isn't the 'Manager' how come he has an 'Assistant Manager?' I would like FSG to explain why Slot isn't the Manager and how his job is different from all the other managers we have had from Shankly onwards.

The club didn't write or create that chart. Look at the spelling mistake ("Perfomance").
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6447 on: May 22, 2024, 05:12:33 pm »
I'd expect we get a keeper coach as he was head coach for all age groups no? Tafferel was 1st team so I'd imagine he stays the same and is the assistant.

Lijnders - Hulshoff
Krawietz - Reijnen
Andreas's -  Peeters
Mateos - ??
Achterberg - ??
Robinson - Taffarel
Set Piece Coach - Samie?

something like that so far?

Samie is the nutritionist isn't he?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tomasjj

• Main Stander
« Reply #6448 on: May 22, 2024, 05:40:24 pm »
Samie is the nutritionist isn't he?

I thought that was Sarnie?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6449 on: May 22, 2024, 05:40:55 pm »
Do you think things might have changed since 1974?

Pretty much every "manager" in the Premier League is only a head coach now. It's just that not everyone has officially changed the title, presumably because fans still have a weird reaction to the term.

It isn't that things have changed since 74 it is the fact that they have changed since last week.

If it wasn't a big deal then the club would not have leaked to the usual suspects that Slot would have a different role to his predecessors, with different levels of control and responsibilities.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #6450 on: May 22, 2024, 05:48:13 pm »
Are people unhappy that it’s now head coach instead of manager?

I’m genuinely not arsed. If we’ve brought Slot in because we think he’s a great coach and we don’t need a great ‘manager’ I’ve got no issues.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6451 on: May 22, 2024, 06:26:01 pm »

I’m genuinely not arsed. If we’ve brought Slot in because we think he’s a great coach and we don’t need a great ‘manager’ I’ve got no issues.

Slot is happy, that’s all that matters. Anyone putting a negative spin on it just has an agenda.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6452 on: May 22, 2024, 06:27:10 pm »
Samie is the nut isn't he?

8)

Although I really hope Mona stays she’s awesome, did notice she was heavily pregnant in the leaving stuff.

Offline TeddyMc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6453 on: May 22, 2024, 06:34:47 pm »
He might have the title head coach however I think pretty much all fans will call him the manager.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6454 on: May 22, 2024, 06:36:54 pm »
Slot is happy, that’s all that matters. Anyone putting a negative spin on it just has an agenda.

I imagine it was Hobson's choice unless you are suggesting that Slot had the option of becoming our manager?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6455 on: May 22, 2024, 06:49:29 pm »

Indeed.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 07:09:12 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #6456 on: May 22, 2024, 07:27:37 pm »

Hey!

Lay off 1959 I was born that year  :no

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #6457 on: May 22, 2024, 08:23:17 pm »
Hey!

Lay off 1959 I was born that year  :no

Just picked it as it was Shanks' first year, who apparently wouldn't approve of this modern football lark.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6458 on: May 22, 2024, 08:55:02 pm »
It isn't that things have changed since 74 it is the fact that they have changed since last week.

If it wasn't a big deal then the club would not have leaked to the usual suspects that Slot would have a different role to his predecessors, with different levels of control and responsibilities.

Sure thing Al.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6459 on: May 22, 2024, 10:15:00 pm »
The word describing the title doesn't matter, the responsibility coming with that position does. Klopp had too much say in the decisions for signings in the last few years, Slot will not have that. That could have easily been defined under the new Manager's rights and responsibilities. The reason FSG made the distinction clear could be as simple as serving the branding of a new multi-club structure built according to the continental model. That would be the structure language spoken in Portugal, France, etc., so it relates 1-to-1.

I don't get the fuss around that whole thing...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #6460 on: May 22, 2024, 10:17:22 pm »

At the end of the day, it's just a title and not important, which in my view makes it just weird that the club are trying so hard to establish the term headcoach, when in England it's just called the manager. It's like deciding we don't have fullbacks anymore and insisting on calling them wing-defenders. It's completely stupid as it just fuels speculation about the role Slot has in the setup. That will clearly be one of the first questions he'll get asked at his first press conference.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6461 on: May 22, 2024, 11:17:20 pm »

The club can't win with some people, we've known that for a long time. If they'd given him the title of manager we'd have loads of posters complaining about the thought of Slot bringing in loads of Eredivisie players... in fact we already have posters complaining about that, despite the structure. They'd complain that there's no continuity when a manager changes and there should be a structure that offers that. Well we have it, and it looks like we have a really strong and stable set up. But of course there's negative spin being applied to that too, by the usual suspects.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6462 on: May 22, 2024, 11:20:33 pm »
At the end of the day, it's just a title and not important, which in my view makes it just weird that the club are trying so hard to establish the term headcoach, when in England it's just called the manager. It's like deciding we don't have fullbacks anymore and insisting on calling them wing-defenders. It's completely stupid as it just fuels speculation about the role Slot has in the setup. That will clearly be one of the first questions he'll get asked at his first press conference.

Didn’t he already deal with that moronic question from a Sky reporter?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/05/slot-not-interested-in-liverpool-job-title-you-can-call-me-arne/

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6463 on: May 23, 2024, 12:20:46 am »
The club didn't write or create that chart. Look at the spelling mistake ("Perfomance").
And apparently JWH owns some principles

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6464 on: May 23, 2024, 03:09:07 am »

We can't even afford spellcheck
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6465 on: May 23, 2024, 10:21:13 am »
We can't even afford spellcheck

FGS OUT

Offline K-Lo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6466 on: May 23, 2024, 12:19:35 pm »

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6467 on: May 23, 2024, 12:49:50 pm »
The club can't win with some people, we've known that for a long time. If they'd given him the title of manager we'd have loads of posters complaining about the thought of Slot bringing in loads of Eredivisie players... in fact we already have posters complaining about that, despite the structure. They'd complain that there's no continuity when a manager changes and there should be a structure that offers that. Well we have it, and it looks like we have a really strong and stable set up. But of course there's negative spin being applied to that too, by the usual suspects.

That is quite frankly hilarious.

Practically every role at Liverpool is changing and yet you are branding it a stable setup. I could have sworn we didn't have an unproven at this level Dutch Coach and an unproven at this level Sporting Director from Bournemouth last season.

So what is stable about the setup?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6468 on: May 23, 2024, 01:02:52 pm »

Practically every role at Liverpool is changing and yet you are branding it a stable setup. I could have sworn we didn't have an unproven at this level Dutch Coach and an unproven at this level Sporting Director from Bournemouth last season.

It's sad that Klopp just couldn't reach certain people, even after 9 years.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6469 on: May 23, 2024, 01:10:51 pm »
It's sad that Klopp just couldn't reach certain people, even after 9 years.

Klopp wasn't here for 9 years. ;)

Why not just admit it isn't a stable setup? We are making huge changes both in terms of personnel and in terms of roles. Why do you and the likes of Draex insist on trying to close down any form of debate?

Why do you both express your opinion as fact and then state that anyone who disagrees with your opinion has an agenda?

Again please just admit we don't have a stable setup.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6470 on: May 23, 2024, 01:23:15 pm »

Why not just admit it isn't a stable setup? We are making huge changes both in terms of personnel and in terms of roles. Why do you and the likes of Draex insist on trying to close down any form of debate?

Why do you both express your opinion as fact and then state that anyone who disagrees with your opinion has an agenda?

Ah yes, if he'd been here that extra 5 months he might have got you over the line and you might have been able to show some support for our "unproven at this level Dutch coach". Some are destined to remain doubters, unfortunately.

It seems to me that we're making changes to ensure that our system is more stable in the long term. Not sure what the issue is there? You seem to not agree with that and would prefer the structure at the club to have remained as it was. Would you have applauded them had they done so? I have a feeling you'd be arguing for a more stable structure to have been implemented  :D

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6471 on: May 23, 2024, 01:39:42 pm »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6472 on: May 23, 2024, 01:40:19 pm »

The fact they do have a  ‘hierachy’ in place should be stability. 100’s of people work for this club, just because they are changing the coaching and some medical staff shoildn't mean instability.  The club is in a very good place.  And yes, now it’s up to Edwards and his band and the new coach and his staff to continue that and build on that strong foundation - there is simply zero excuse not to. It’s on them. 

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #6473 on: May 23, 2024, 01:46:44 pm »
Came in to take a look at what is being said about him.

See pages of moaning about his job title.

Excellent stuff.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6474 on: May 23, 2024, 01:49:35 pm »
If Slot isn't the 'Manager' how come he has an 'Assistant Manager?' I would like FSG to explain why Slot isn't the Manager and how his job is different from all the other managers we have had from Shankly onwards.

Whoever mocked this up didn't know the difference between "Principle" and "Principal" so I very much doubt it has any basis in reality.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6475 on: May 23, 2024, 01:50:09 pm »
Whoever mocked this up didn't know the difference between "Principle" and "Principal" so I very much doubt it has any basis in reality.

The Athletic made it was part of a big peace.

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6476 on: May 23, 2024, 01:52:21 pm »

I would say that now, we have a more stable setup than ever before. There is a lot of change, but in terms of setup, its very well equipped on paper.

Our previous setup was the manager had keys to the kingdom. If it was any other manager, we would have been fucked the moment he left, because normally they leave abruptly or are sacked. Instead, Klopp was so good that he was never going to be sacked, and he had the decency to tell us that he is leaving 6 months before he actually did, thus giving us time to think and re-structure.

But the setup itself did not exist at all, because everything revolved around him. Had we had a setup around Klopp (similar to how City have built their whole setup around Guardiola), maybe he would not have felt the need to leave.

The new setup is better as it provides structure with people focused on day-to-day activities and others on more long term goals.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6477 on: May 23, 2024, 01:56:03 pm »
Ah yes, if he'd been here that extra 5 months he might have got you over the line and you might have been able to show some support for our "unproven at this level Dutch coach". Some are destined to remain doubters, unfortunately.

You aren't asking for support though. Support is about backing the manager and giving him a fair crack of the whip. You are asking for blind faith. It is a fact that he is unproven at this level. There is no problem with admitting that and hoping that he can make the adjustment and kick on and become an elite Coach.

It seems to me that we're making changes to ensure that our system is more stable in the long term. Not sure what the issue is there? You seem to not agree with that and would prefer the structure at the club to have remained as it was. Would you have applauded them had they done so? I have a feeling you'd be arguing for a more stable structure to have been implemented  :D

You didn't say we were trying to create a stable setup though. This what you stated.

They'd complain that there's no continuity when a manager changes and there should be a structure that offers that. Well we have it, and it looks like we have a really strong and stable set up.

The club has had years to put a structure in place to ensure we had continuity when Klopp left. It failed.

We are now in a position of making wholesale changes at the same time. Trying to implement a MCO, a new Sporting Director, a new coach, new backroom staff and new medical staff. Gordon has left and it will be a case of all change. That isn't a stable structure or setup.

Having to do all that at once is a failure not a positive. Probably the weirdest part is you are now praising them for trying to create a stable structure. Well unless you are a see-saw manufacturer then everyone looks to create a stable structure and setup.

The thing is you do not know how people will adapt to new jobs, new roles and new responsibilities. Above all you don't know how people will get on. Stating that everything will work out when you have a massive reset doesn't make you a believer. It just shows blind faith. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6478 on: May 23, 2024, 01:56:54 pm »
Came in to take a look at what is being said about him.

See pages of moaning about his job title.

Excellent stuff.

Summer in RAWK.

At least the weather is g... oh.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6479 on: May 23, 2024, 01:59:21 pm »
Summer in RAWK.

At least the weather is g... oh.

Yes, my garage door nearly blew off a few minutes ago.

I’ll be back when I figure out who to blaim. ;D