Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker / The Mandalorian / The Clone Wars  (Read 230280 times)

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
Re: Star Wars: Rebels / The Last Jedi / Han Solo *** NO TLJ SPOILERS ***
« Reply #720 on: November 13, 2017, 02:25:51 pm »
And the Empire. And the AT-AT's/ST's. And the light sabres. And the Millennium falcon. And the Death Stars. And...

Well, maybe keep the light sabres.

Make new stuff.

It's not happening, is it?

But when they do make new stuff people complain that they are just new gimmicks to sell toys and they should stick to proper star wars that we all loved, you can't win.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: November 13, 2017, 02:28:44 pm »
But when they do make new stuff people complain that they are just new gimmicks to sell toys and they should stick to proper star wars that we all loved, you can't win.

New ships/characters etc are going to be ok. Slightly updated ones (black x wing, gorilla ATATs) seem like a cash in. And fucking Porgs are just a cash in on the minions fad.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #722 on: November 13, 2017, 02:32:19 pm »
I'll agree on the porgs, its all very ewok.

But when you consider the timeline or the films being just 30 years on from the originals then the vehicles are going to be very similar, look at cars and planes from the 80's and today.

Whether its an updated X-Wing or a brand new Z-Wing its still a toy they would sell anyway, at least it still feels very star wars and we get the original sounds that is amazing to experience in the cinema.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: November 13, 2017, 02:35:00 pm »
I'll agree on the porgs, its all very ewok.

But when you consider the timeline or the films being just 30 years on from the originals then the vehicles are going to be very similar, look at cars and planes from the 80's and today.

Whether its an updated X-Wing or a brand new Z-Wing its still a toy they would sell anyway, at least it still feels very star wars and we get the original sounds that is amazing to experience in the cinema.

The difference from the prequels to the OT (purely in terms of the tech) were significant but felt connected - there were obvious early models for the ships that were a big part of the OT. Not even having A wings in episode 7 felt like Abrams had only watched 4 when he (re)wrote the movie.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #724 on: November 13, 2017, 04:48:15 pm »
In case anyone wants some unique Star Wars prints (or T-shirts!) for Christmas ...  ;)

I've designed some for the original trilogy, available here in various formats (click portfolio to see the options!).

https://www.redbubble.com/people/PJHooley/shop

Are you ever going to do prequel/sequel wall prints? My three are looking lonely on the wall ;)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: November 13, 2017, 07:00:51 pm »
Yeah, true. It's Star Wars. It's never going to evolve. It's gotten to the point where that's all it is. Damned if you do and if you don't.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:02:35 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #726 on: November 14, 2017, 10:13:17 am »
I would love the new trilogy to be around the KOTOR games from a decade ago, fantastic stories.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #727 on: November 15, 2017, 08:20:49 pm »
For the royal spotters out thee

Star Wars' John Boyega confirms Princes William and Harry are Stormtroopers in The Last Jedi.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: November 15, 2017, 11:20:58 pm »

Star Wars' John Boyega confirms Princes William and Harry are Stormtroopers in The Last Jedi.
Tom hardy and Gary Barlow are decked in Stormtrooper garb in the same scene with the royals in a elevator scene guarding Finn.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/princes-harry-william-play-stormtroopers-new-star-wars-film-1058161
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #729 on: November 16, 2017, 12:15:15 pm »

People will do anything to blag free tickets to see this early.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #730 on: November 16, 2017, 02:31:37 pm »
Multi Millionaires putting extras out of work.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #731 on: November 19, 2017, 04:54:05 pm »
Easy enough to concoct another part of the rebellion fighting the empire. Pretty sure a decent set of films can be made.
I liked rogue one :(
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #732 on: November 19, 2017, 05:27:07 pm »
Multi Millionaires putting extras out of work.
:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #733 on: November 19, 2017, 05:29:58 pm »
Easy enough to concoct another part of the rebellion fighting the empire. Pretty sure a decent set of films can be made.
I liked rogue one :(

I suppose knowing how the 2nd World War turned out did not ruin a whole genre.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #734 on: November 28, 2017, 12:48:33 pm »

The Last Jedi has received a 12A rating in the UK (and passed uncut) - http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/star-wars-last-jedi-2017
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: November 29, 2017, 12:04:04 pm »
The Last Jedi has received a 12A rating in the UK (and passed uncut) - http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/star-wars-last-jedi-2017

And 152 mins.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: November 29, 2017, 06:48:59 pm »
I do find it odd that finn seems to find such pleasure in killing stormtroopers. Yes they are the servants of the first order, but presumably they aren't all bad.

I did think they were evolved clones.
Must read some star wars universe books.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: November 30, 2017, 08:38:52 am »
I do find it odd that finn seems to find such pleasure in killing stormtroopers. Yes they are the servants of the first order, but presumably they aren't all bad.

I did think they were evolved clones.
Must read some star wars universe books.
especially as he didn't want to kill people in episode 7 :D

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: November 30, 2017, 12:46:51 pm »
especially as he didn't want to kill people in episode 7 :D

Exactly, and yet even in VII he's happily blasting stormtroopers.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #739 on: November 30, 2017, 01:05:45 pm »
Tom hardy and Gary Barlow are decked in Stormtrooper garb in the same scene with the royals in a elevator scene guarding Finn.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/princes-harry-william-play-stormtroopers-new-star-wars-film-1058161

Gary fkn tax evading Tory Barlow and two silver spooned toffs in Star Wars ? I’m boycotting Star Wars  ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: November 30, 2017, 06:57:09 pm »
So expectations for The Last Jedi?

Director Rian Johnson is really really good. So dangerously I'm expecting a 9/10 movie, if he nails the tone, makes it funny as well (he says it is), brings genuine surprises, and has battles that have real bite to them; then that will do it.

I thought Force Awakens really nailed the tone of the original movies, without of course coming up with a very original plot. I really like the new characters, especially Rey and Finn.

There may be some comparisons with Empire Strikes Back, but they would be unfair because that movie had a much better director of actors than George Lucas AND probably the best plot twist of ALL TIME up its sleeve. Plus Empire was able call on the world building of Star Wars, which had gripped the planet in 1977-81 and changed the film industry with it.

My main hope is Rian Johnson has made his own movie, changing some of the things we think we know about Star Wars. It looks beautiful from the trailers, if it is surprising too....that will be awesome.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #741 on: November 30, 2017, 07:02:11 pm »
none.

As usual I'm looking forward to seeing it but will judge it on its merits.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: November 30, 2017, 07:47:42 pm »
I'm expecting the Porgs to be insufferable bullshit shoehorned in to sell toys, and the plot to be very similar to Empire.

Beyond that? I'm not sure. There's a commercial on over here and it's the Falcon landing in someone's back yard. And I realised it's not Han and Chewie in the Falcon any more, it's Finn and Rey. Can you imagine a less interesting pair of people to travel space with? So the magic is gone and I don't think it's coming back for me personally. I guess I just hope there's some cool space shit like the end of Rogue One

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: November 30, 2017, 10:23:04 pm »
The two they’ve done so far have been excellent and this one has the opportunity to be a bit more daring after TFA needed to be fairly safe so I’ve got high hopes.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a Ł25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #744 on: November 30, 2017, 10:48:29 pm »
The two they’ve done so far have been excellent and this one has the opportunity to be a bit more daring after TFA needed to be fairly safe so I’ve got high hopes.

Yeah, that's a good assessment and about where I am.
We are Liverpool!

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: December 2, 2017, 04:57:40 am »

Sorry but neither were excellent, TFA was basically a rehash with nothing outstanding about it and whilst I enjoyed Rogue I couldn't get attached to any of the characters as I knew they were all going to die

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #746 on: December 3, 2017, 12:33:03 pm »
My favourite part of watching TFA was ripping it to shreds for a few hours in the pub afterwards. I never watched it again after that night and I'm expecting much the same from this.

Rogue One was a pleasant diversion though.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: December 3, 2017, 06:49:57 pm »
And so it begins. The product endorsement, the advertisements, everything by association to Star Wars has started. We're only three films deep into this gravy train.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #748 on: December 3, 2017, 07:50:20 pm »
yeah because that's a new thing.

http://www.starwars.com/news/luke-i-am-your-lather-shampoo-soap-and-bubble-bath-from-a-galaxy-far-far-away

the star wars name has been plastered on all kinds of shit for decades now.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: December 3, 2017, 09:36:47 pm »
I just want this one to be its own film. I dont want any blatant repackaging of previous scenes or themes like TFA was. Personally i have no qualms with these porg characters. Dunno why they’re causing aggro. Just penguin style creatures inhabiting skellig doubt they’ll have a part as big as ewoks or jar jar
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Online Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: December 3, 2017, 10:41:14 pm »
I just want this one to be its own film. I dont want any blatant repackaging of previous scenes or themes like TFA was. Personally i have no qualms with these porg characters. Dunno why they’re causing aggro. Just penguin style creatures inhabiting skellig doubt they’ll have a part as big as ewoks or jar jar

Yeah they're not going to be defeating an army of stormtroopers or <shudder> talking like Jar Jar. New TV spots and stuff:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mMkiP03wB3A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mMkiP03wB3A</a>
« Last Edit: December 3, 2017, 10:45:19 pm by Rob Dylan »

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: December 3, 2017, 11:57:55 pm »
I was in Orlando last month. The merchandise nearly put me off the new movie. I was that disgusted I only bought the two tee shirts.

The hype will be off the scale when the new park opens over there though.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: December 4, 2017, 12:11:54 am »
I was in Orlando last month. The merchandise nearly put me off the new movie. I was that disgusted I only bought the two tee shirts.

The hype will be off the scale when the new park opens over there though.

Worst thing about the merchandising for TLJ is that they released it all before the trailer had even been dropped!

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: December 4, 2017, 12:54:15 am »

They're such a shameless cash in, that's what bothers me. Some marketing dork at Disney wants a Star Wars branded Minion. They can do a crossover movie with Baby Groot. There's no way they're going to have any purpose in the movie other than to be cute.

And yeah I think Star Wars was the original merchandise tie-in franchise movie right?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: December 4, 2017, 09:57:00 am »
Think i enjoy the build up/event rather than the actual films these days. As with the last 2 films me and the family will all be heading into town for breakfast together and then off to watch it. Under 2 weeks to go!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #755 on: December 4, 2017, 01:22:46 pm »

For anyone wanting to watch the various TLJ teasers, trailers, tv spots, behind-the-scenes stuff etc, there is a list of links on here that may be of interest...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/752pie/updated_complete_list_of_tlj_footage/
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #756 on: December 4, 2017, 05:41:50 pm »
Mark Hamill really can't deliver a line, can he?

:D

Online Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: December 4, 2017, 11:17:32 pm »
They're such a shameless cash in, that's what bothers me. Some marketing dork at Disney wants a Star Wars branded Minion. They can do a crossover movie with Baby Groot. There's no way they're going to have any purpose in the movie other than to be cute.

And yeah I think Star Wars was the original merchandise tie-in franchise movie right?

Except they were Rian Johnson's idea, they're based on the puffins on Skellig Michael:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1712489/why-rian-johnson-created-the-porgs-for-star-wars-the-last-jedi

Their role in the film will be to provide some light relief from the more serious stuff happening on the island. No different from the droids in Empire.

Anyway, I don't get this whole Minion thing you keep mentioning - they look nothing like Minions, they're more like owls with mouths instead of beaks.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: December 5, 2017, 01:04:59 am »
Except they were Rian Johnson's idea, they're based on the puffins on Skellig Michael:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1712489/why-rian-johnson-created-the-porgs-for-star-wars-the-last-jedi

Their role in the film will be to provide some light relief from the more serious stuff happening on the island. No different from the droids in Empire.

Anyway, I don't get this whole Minion thing you keep mentioning - they look nothing like Minions, they're more like owls with mouths instead of beaks.

Theyre a tool to sell merchandise, cutesy pointless characters that makes weird people buy branded stuffed toys, car stickers etc. The Minions have been a ridiculous money spinner, and they want their Star Wars version of it. There's no defending it.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: December 5, 2017, 01:17:04 am »
It's all a bit too obvious, though. Too obvious for me to get annoyed over it. Star Wars has always had that something bunged in there, not because it makes sense to the plot, but because it looks cool for the kids to lap up and want a toy version of it, which is what they get. That's fine by me. Nothing new in that at all, but it's the spin offs, the partnerships with other stuff outside of Star Wars that busts my bollocks. I can't fucking stand it, and it's just another reason why I find the entire franchise obnoxious. That's all it is, btw. Don't be fooled in thinking Disney want to genuinely make a decent Star Wars film for the sake of any artistic merit. They'll plug as much shit as possible, and the story be damned.