Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 317104 times)

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
Re: IPTV
« Reply #2520 on: June 18, 2023, 01:11:35 pm »
I've got Sky but might swap for an IPTV box.

My current Sky box is hidden behind my TV but will the IPTV box work in the same setup because I'm pretty sure the box needs to be visible in order for the signal to connect to the remote?

Amazon Fire TV remotes don't use infrared, I think it's Bluetooth or WiFi Direct. You don't need a line of sight for it to work, I've used mine from a different room to pause etc.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2521 on: June 18, 2023, 01:17:04 pm »
What's the best IPTV box with SkySports and BT in UHD?

Does anyone have a Xsarius sniper x 4k? I can get one for £150 but not sure how good it is.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2522 on: June 18, 2023, 02:04:09 pm »
What's the best IPTV box with SkySports and BT in UHD?

Does anyone have a Xsarius sniper x 4k? I can get one for £150 but not sure how good it is.

Fire TV Stick 4K Max more than adequate. Nvidia Shield if you really want good kit and then add an IPTV App.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #2523 on: June 18, 2023, 02:32:46 pm »
What's the difference between the two?

Will it automatically update each day adding all the latest tv series etc?

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2524 on: June 18, 2023, 03:13:56 pm »

Will it automatically update each day adding all the latest tv series etc?
I would imagine that would depend on your provider, I've 2 services and 1 has the new full Monty series up on it already but the other 1 hasn't.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #2525 on: June 18, 2023, 05:52:19 pm »
Just watched a few YouTube videos on the Amazon Fire TV Stick but don't see the need for it as I already have a smart TV with all the same apps.

How would I get SkySports on the Fire Stick?

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2526 on: June 18, 2023, 06:05:12 pm »
Just watched a few YouTube videos on the Amazon Fire TV Stick but don't see the need for it as I already have a smart TV with all the same apps.

How would I get SkySports on the Fire Stick?
You could install the now tv app and take out a SS subscription with them.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #2527 on: June 18, 2023, 06:33:56 pm »
You could install the now tv app and take out a SS subscription with them.

Thanks mate.

The issue I have and reason why I might have to go back to Sky is my broadband. I can only get FTTC in my home and averaging 10/15mbps. Buying the Fire Stick and paying for all the subscriptions could save me £20/30 a month but my internet is not great and might not be able to stream everything.

With Sky, I won't have any issues and get both SkySports UHD and BT Sport HD plus broadband and Netflix Premium - but paying £98 a month..

I've put my cancellation in and got 30 days to decide whether to go down the IPTV route (only need Sports and Netflix) or end  up calling Sky again and take their offer.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2528 on: June 18, 2023, 07:43:58 pm »
If you only want IPTV for football and you have/use a VPN you should look in to something like a years subscription to vidio, it's an Indonesian streaming service, costs €35 for 12 months and shows PL games and CL.
You could also get Netflix much cheaper through somewhere like turkey.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2529 on: July 10, 2023, 12:25:35 pm »
Fire sticks on sale for Prime Day (next few days). Quite big discounts.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2530 on: July 24, 2023, 03:48:16 pm »
can you get IPTV through an x-box?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2531 on: July 24, 2023, 03:57:37 pm »

Not sure now mate, used to be able to do it through kodi but have no idea how any of them do kodi add-ons now. I know the lad I get mine off stopped doing them as too few people used it for him to be arsed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2532 on: July 27, 2023, 08:13:36 pm »

You can use an app called MyIPTV player. It's free. You'll need an m3u playlist from your supplier.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2533 on: July 28, 2023, 10:56:44 am »
Thanks mate.

The issue I have and reason why I might have to go back to Sky is my broadband. I can only get FTTC in my home and averaging 10/15mbps. Buying the Fire Stick and paying for all the subscriptions could save me £20/30 a month but my internet is not great and might not be able to stream everything.

With Sky, I won't have any issues and get both SkySports UHD and BT Sport HD plus broadband and Netflix Premium - but paying £98 a month..

I've put my cancellation in and got 30 days to decide whether to go down the IPTV route (only need Sports and Netflix) or end  up calling Sky again and take their offer.

In that case (10-15mbps) I think you will struggle with Full HD, nevermind 4k. If you fixed the internet issue, you will get two good IPTV providers for the same price for a year. And you don't need any fire stick/android boxes. Just use the app on the TV.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2534 on: July 28, 2023, 04:10:05 pm »
In that case (10-15mbps) I think you will struggle with Full HD, nevermind 4k. If you fixed the internet issue, you will get two good IPTV providers for the same price for a year. And you don't need any fire stick/android boxes. Just use the app on the TV.

10-15mbps is plenty for full HD.

Offline Jotatheslotter

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2535 on: August 4, 2023, 10:00:52 am »
Looking for a new provider for the season - the one my family has used has consistent problems with buffering, looking for something more reliable. Any PM's with suggestions appreciated :)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2536 on: August 6, 2023, 02:23:39 pm »
I used Vidio last year and it was ok. For football is there anything better at similar price?
#JFT97

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2537 on: August 6, 2023, 04:28:12 pm »
No idea how much vidio is but iptv subs go from £30-£60.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2538 on: August 6, 2023, 04:38:55 pm »
Depending on who you know ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2539 on: August 6, 2023, 04:45:05 pm »
Depending on who you know ;D

Yeah & the quality/content

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2540 on: August 6, 2023, 06:53:53 pm »

Vidio is £32 per year I think. Can you get good quality IPTV for that……….probably not.
#JFT97

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #2541 on: August 7, 2023, 07:38:32 pm »
I used Vidio last year and it was ok. For football is there anything better at similar price?

Was looking at getting Vidio…In what way was it just ok? Buffering?…just not playing?
« Last Edit: August 7, 2023, 09:29:02 pm by Huytonian »
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2542 on: August 9, 2023, 02:43:05 pm »
Was looking at getting Vidio…In what way was it just ok? Buffering?…just not playing?

Sorry......the quality was decent and never let me down. The only gripe I had was it doesn't have a lot of other interesting content unless you are Indonesian. So for me I only used it for watching football and that's why I said it was just ok. I would get it again but am looking at IPTV as it is similar money but you get more content.

So if you are thinking of getting Vidio then go ahead as long as you realise that you'll only use it for watching football (you may find other things in it interesting but I didn't).
#JFT97

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #2543 on: August 9, 2023, 03:36:31 pm »
Sorry......the quality was decent and never let me down. The only gripe I had was it doesn't have a lot of other interesting content unless you are Indonesian. So for me I only used it for watching football and that's why I said it was just ok. I would get it again but am looking at IPTV as it is similar money but you get more content.

So if you are thinking of getting Vidio then go ahead as long as you realise that you'll only use it for watching football (you may find other things in it interesting but I didn't).

Nice one, thanks…originally it was all I wanted Vidio for but the more I look into IPTV, that seems much better. It’s just that I’m such a noob, I don’t have any idea where to start!
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2544 on: August 13, 2023, 04:57:52 pm »
Anyone got one for me? Fed up of the one I have constantly buffering every time we play!

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2545 on: August 14, 2023, 03:02:02 pm »
Just got mine back from my brother-in-law yesterday.  Not going to lie, it's fucking epic the choice on there!
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2546 on: August 14, 2023, 08:43:33 pm »
Anyone got one for me? Fed up of the one I have constantly buffering every time we play!
which one are you currently using? PM me if necessary
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2547 on: August 14, 2023, 08:45:12 pm »
Mines £50 for 12 months, and you get two lines with it so can watch in a different room or record a different channel if needs be.

Very occasionally it goes down but they always resolve it quickly
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2548 on: August 14, 2023, 11:44:18 pm »
Mines £50 for 12 months, and you get two lines with it so can watch in a different room or record a different channel if needs be.

I'll take some details on that mate. One of mine is expiring in a week or 2, so will need a back-up
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #2549 on: August 15, 2023, 10:39:05 pm »
I'll take some details on that mate. One of mine is expiring in a week or 2, so will need a back-up

Same! If you could DM me details please Wabaloolah that would be greatly appreciated.
JFT97

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2550 on: August 15, 2023, 10:47:29 pm »
Forgot to mention here,

247HD (used to be Plus1HD) now allow new user registrations for the first time I can remember. Been using them for 10 years and has been pretty much flawless, $13 CAD a month (£8) for all your sport. PM if you want a link.

They're still taking new registrations

FYI: Sport streams only, website and/or KODI add on. Canadian and US channels (fuboTV, NBC, Peacock etc.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 10:49:06 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2551 on: August 16, 2023, 11:59:37 am »
They're still taking new registrations

FYI: Sport streams only, website and/or KODI add on. Canadian and US channels (fuboTV, NBC, Peacock etc.)

Do you have to use this with a VPN? Can you run it off a Firestick?

Cheers

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2552 on: August 16, 2023, 04:27:48 pm »

Cheers

You'd be able to use the Kodi add-on, can't speak on the VPN though as it's years and years since I used it, was for a time the very best around for 3pms. One of the ogs'.

They're just a bit greedy.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 04:30:32 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2553 on: August 17, 2023, 12:47:53 am »

Cheers

Don't need a VPN, no idea about Firestick but you can use a browser or Kodi on there so yeah.

You'd be able to use the Kodi add-on, can't speak on the VPN though as it's years and years since I used it, was for a time the very best around for 3pms. One of the ogs'.

They're just a bit greedy.

In the history of these threads on RAWK there's been plenty of cheap services which are either unreliable, or reliable but disappear off the face of the planet  It's a bit groundhog day.

I'm not shilling for them but £8 a month is cheap for for knowing I'll always get to watch the game, I've probably cursed them with that now though ;D
:D

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #2554 on: August 17, 2023, 08:05:18 am »
Don't need a VPN, no idea about Firestick but you can use a browser or Kodi on there so yeah.

In the history of these threads on RAWK there's been plenty of cheap services which are either unreliable, or reliable but disappear off the face of the planet  It's a bit groundhog day.

I'm not shilling for them but £8 a month is cheap for for knowing I'll always get to watch the game, I've probably cursed them with that now though ;D

I'd happily pay a bit extra for that.

Please can you DM a link Kashinoda?
JFT97

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #2555 on: August 17, 2023, 03:15:45 pm »

Any chance of pinging a link? Mine had been reliable for ages but now it's gone up by £15 a year and now half the channels are down half the time
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2556 on: August 17, 2023, 04:10:04 pm »

I would never slag them off, used them for too long & know how reliable it is/was. IPTV has come a long way with regards to reliability (now I've jinxed it), the price is the price though and you get much more for a lot less.

End of the day it's whatever makes us happy and getting to watch the match with the least hassle is worth £8pm.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2557 on: August 19, 2023, 09:39:18 am »
Can anyone PM me with a good solid option for this please? Ideally today so I can sort before the match, streams last year were terrible.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2558 on: August 24, 2023, 01:37:54 pm »
4k Max fire stick is on sale for £42.99, it'll be nearer £37 on black Friday.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2559 on: August 25, 2023, 10:59:09 pm »
Been using these guys on the firestick for about a year now and just renewed my subscription with them for another year. Been brilliant for £65. You literally get 2 apps for it- Both of them work just as well as each other but they give you the other app as well just incase something is down with one of the app. Resolution up to 4k is available too (on some channels). Can also run the 2 apps simultaneously so really can’t complain with the price. I’m sure the guy I buy it off is just a reseller but well worth the money if anyone is interested.