Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 677109 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #6080 on: December 7, 2019, 11:28:44 pm »
Our best performance of the season for me. Totally on top from start to finish and a clean sheet for the first time since the Pope was an altar boy.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6081 on: December 7, 2019, 11:30:22 pm »
Our best performance of the season for me. Totally on top from start to finish and a clean sheet for the first time since the Pope was an altar boy.

I thought we started at bit slowly, Keita was quite sloppy but grew into the game and did well in the end.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6082 on: December 7, 2019, 11:31:50 pm »
Jonathan Pearce sounds slightly disappointed when Liverpool score, he's not like that on Robot Wars and is far more enthusiastic.

Yeah but the robot getting smashed to bits stood a chance before the fight started, Bournemouth were always getting smashed here, just down to how many we wanted, biggest away banker this season

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6083 on: December 7, 2019, 11:34:43 pm »
That was it. That was your analysis, lads. "Here's a pass. Here's a goal! See that free kick there? Dead good, it was! Thank you and goodnight!"

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6084 on: December 7, 2019, 11:36:23 pm »
That was it. That was your analysis, lads. "Here's a pass. Here's a goal! See that free kick there? Dead good, it was! Thank you and goodnight!"

That's how I like it though, nice and routine. Yep Liverpool having fucking won again here are the goals. Almost a sense of fucks sake they won again.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6085 on: December 7, 2019, 11:38:26 pm »
Just had a horrible thought - in 10 years we'll have Harry Kane as a pundit on MoTD  :o

Amazon will have hopefully saved us from Sky and MotD by then.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6086 on: December 7, 2019, 11:38:27 pm »
Looked like a pen for the arm around the neck of Deeney.  Never mind  ;D

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #6087 on: December 7, 2019, 11:41:36 pm »
*rolls eyes*

How the fuck do Shearer and Keown not think that is a penalty?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6088 on: December 7, 2019, 11:41:55 pm »
That's how I like it though, nice and routine. Yep Liverpool having fucking won again here are the goals. Almost a sense of fucks sake they won again.
LOL yeah, that's the impression I'm getting. Like they just get us out of the way asap because there is fuck all to chew on.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #6089 on: December 7, 2019, 11:44:47 pm »

MotD

*10 minutes wanking off over an offside goal and dodgy penalty*

"United BACK Waheyyyy!"

"Coming up, the team 22 points ahead of them. Reckon we can knock that one out in under 60 seconds"
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6090 on: December 7, 2019, 11:50:03 pm »

With Captain Bellend and Jacamo Jenas?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #6091 on: December 8, 2019, 12:05:15 am »

Absolutely this all day. 3-0 win away and 14.points clear of the bestest team ever in the whole world... I don’t want anyone going over the top or handing us the title before Christmas.

We’ve been first in the running order and we get the praise when we do something exceptional for this Liverpool team - spanking City or handing Everton their arses and getting another manager sacked.

Who gives a fuck where we are in the running order? The only order that matters is the league table in May.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6092 on: December 8, 2019, 07:05:34 am »
Bissaka the best one v one defender in the league? 😂

Well VVD is the best 2v1 defender in the league... ;)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #6093 on: December 8, 2019, 07:57:38 am »
LOL yeah, that's the impression I'm getting. Like they just get us out of the way asap because there is fuck all to chew on.
Well-put, it comes with the territory.  It’s also the same thing City moaned about all last year, so let’s not get in that boat.  At the end of the day struggle makes for better TV than good football does, and I’m fine with not being on first when we aren’t having to struggle.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6094 on: December 8, 2019, 08:04:27 am »
Can't remember the last time i watched a full edition of MOTD, the heyday was Jimmy Hill & early Premier League eras, i only sometimes watch MOTD for our highlights, even then you can go to youtube for the official upload from SKY without having to wait all day for MOTD.
#Sausages

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #6095 on: December 8, 2019, 09:01:43 am »

Which is how we should like it to be.

I'm pretty sure that back through the 70's and 80's, despite our league dominance, we often featured last or towards the end in the MOTD running order.

It never bothered us as it actually sometimes gave us a chance to see and learn a bit about other teams and players before we played them.

And as Al said...

...Who gives a fuck where we are in the running order? The only order that matters is the league table in May.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6096 on: December 8, 2019, 09:04:11 am »

Or Sheff Utd away  ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6097 on: December 8, 2019, 09:06:51 am »
Which is how we should like it to be.

I'm pretty sure that back through the 70's and 80's, despite our league dominance, we often featured last or towards the end in the MOTD running order.

It never bothered us as it actually sometimes gave us a chance to see and learn a bit about other teams and players before we played them.

And as Al said...

You had a bump on the head??  ::) There wasn't a running order back then.

Unless I'd come in via the main stand car park and seen the trucks, I used to look at the gantry when I walked in the ground to see if the camera was there. No camera, no MOTD no highlights.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #6098 on: December 8, 2019, 09:10:25 am »

Maybe my memory is faulty but it's how I recollect it, there often would be more than one match shown.

« Last Edit: December 8, 2019, 09:18:06 am by The Gulleysucker »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6099 on: December 8, 2019, 09:12:38 am »
Jonathan Pearce sounds slightly disappointed when Liverpool score, he's not like that on Robot Wars and is far more enthusiastic.

I think he tries no to get to overexcited, but he does gives us the plaudits though, Nabys goal, words like Magnificent, brilliantly done, could any defence have prevented what Salah had done, Keita finished splendidly, little laugh about how Naby used the outside of his boot.  Uses words like outstanding and sublime with Salah.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6100 on: December 8, 2019, 09:16:13 am »
Maybe my memory is faulty but it's how I recollect it, there often would be more than one match shown.

I watch the old stuff like The Big Match with Brian Moore - great commentator - on BT Sport. It seemed to move from a single game then a main game and the highlights of another up to this whole show everything.

Used to annoy me as I missed so many goals with surges and going flying in the Kop...
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #6101 on: December 8, 2019, 09:17:40 am »
I watch the old stuff like The Big Match with Brian Moore - great commentator - on BT Sport. It seemed to move from a single game then a main game and the highlights of another up to this whole show everything.

Used to annoy me as I missed so many goals with surges and going flying in the Kop...

Here you go, from 1970 .. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01g6g0g

ManU v Leeds followed by Chelsea v Derby County

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6102 on: December 8, 2019, 09:18:33 am »
Here you go, from 1970 .. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01g6g0g

ManU v Leeds followed by Chelsea v Derby County

Got to get up a lot earlier than this to catch you out  :)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6103 on: December 8, 2019, 09:40:16 am »

Some of them robots would've had a better chance of scoring yesterday than Bournemouth
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #6104 on: December 8, 2019, 09:41:31 am »

Amen. Sky and The BBC have been digitally disrupted and have no clue what to do next.
Thought Amazon Prime's coverage was significantly better than the coverage we get from Sky.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6105 on: December 8, 2019, 09:51:51 am »

I remember when MOTD came back with the launch of the Premier League they’d show highlights from 2 games (then became a small segment from the 3rd) with just the goals from the rest with no commentary or anything. So if they picked a game that turned out to be a stinker they’d have to show it anyway.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6106 on: December 8, 2019, 09:57:27 am »
I remember when MOTD came back with the launch of the Premier League they’d show highlights from 2 games (then became a small segment from the 3rd) with just the goals from the rest with no commentary or anything. So if they picked a game that turned out to be a stinker they’d have to show it anyway.

I remember the goals round up with the music in the background being The Cranberries, Dreams for the first few seasons then The Lightning Seeds, Life Of Riley
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6107 on: December 8, 2019, 10:06:05 am »
Speaking of MOTD back in the days before the Premier League, i remember when they would occasionally have highlights from the lower leagues mostly second division[Championship], & the odd Scottish league & cup games, ITV's was the same too.

Quite fun now looking back at the archives[The Big Match Revisited], state of the pitches, which were like puddings from this time of year for the rest of the season, how some teams got the ball & played the passing game with the state of those pitches is unreal, compared with now as pitches mostly bowling greens all year. :o
#Sausages

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6108 on: December 8, 2019, 11:14:47 am »
I think he tries no to get to overexcited, but he does gives us the plaudits though, Nabys goal, words like Magnificent, brilliantly done, could any defence have prevented what Salah had done, Keita finished splendidly, little laugh about how Naby used the outside of his boot.  Uses words like outstanding and sublime with Salah.
I did nearly die of cringe when he said something like "Ho ho ho, it's Mo" though. [emoji15]
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6109 on: December 8, 2019, 12:44:07 pm »
Absolutely this all day. 3-0 win away and 14.points clear of the bestest team ever in the whole world... I don’t want anyone going over the top or handing us the title before Christmas.

We’ve been first in the running order and we get the praise when we do something exceptional for this Liverpool team - spanking City or handing Everton their arses and getting another manager sacked.

Who gives a fuck where we are in the running order? The only order that matters is the league table in May.
Spot on Alan.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6110 on: December 8, 2019, 04:08:36 pm »
I did nearly die of cringe when he said something like "Ho ho ho, it's Mo" though. [emoji15]

I wonder at what point earlier in the week he jotted down that gem.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6111 on: December 8, 2019, 04:18:27 pm »

I did puke a little at that
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6112 on: December 8, 2019, 10:21:58 pm »

Good job Alisson didn't have to make a save, otherwise he would have been 'in wonderland'.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6113 on: December 8, 2019, 10:30:51 pm »
I wonder at what point earlier in the week he jotted down that gem.

During an episode of Robot Wars there was a robot called 'Hypo disc', he said that watching it in a fight was 'hypnotizing', he also said that the robot 'Razer' was very sharp in the attack, the comments were completely off the cuff! You should watch the show Nick, its a complete hoot.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6114 on: December 8, 2019, 11:40:10 pm »
Nobody else watching this tonight?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #6115 on: December 9, 2019, 12:09:55 am »
Nobody else watching this tonight?

Yep, missed the start, but got it on iPlayer. Dion Dublin and Fletcher (is it?) better than the usual dross pundits.  ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6116 on: December 9, 2019, 12:19:21 am »
You don't need to bother with MoTD at all now, just watch Sly Sports free Premier league highlights on YouTube

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #6117 on: December 9, 2019, 12:26:58 am »
You don't need to bother with MoTD at all now, just watch Sly Sports free Premier league highlights on YouTube

Bluff old traditionalist here! Usually watch MOTD, but that may change if Amazon get more of a shout next season ...

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6118 on: December 14, 2019, 08:03:42 pm »
None of Lineker's smug grid on MOTD tonight. Even more reason to watch it.

We're first by the way.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6119 on: December 14, 2019, 08:12:30 pm »
None of Lineker's smug grid on MOTD tonight. Even more reason to watch it.

We're first by the way.

Ten points clear.

Probably why Lineker isn't on.
"Ohhh-kayyy"