Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 677091 times)

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #6000 on: December 4, 2019, 11:58:10 pm »
How bad was that “analysis”? No mention of the countless, tugs, pulls, feet left in from our blue cousins. No mention of VVD getting accosted in the box for the most blatant pen you’ve ever seen. No, Calvert Lewin doing what Calvert Lewin does - fall over with a breeze and Virgil should have had a red. Laughable.

Murphy should be a blue he’s that bitter.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #6001 on: December 5, 2019, 12:05:44 am »
Don't recall the banner but could swear he handled a shot from Lucas. Robbed him of a Derby goal the Manc twat.

Yes was the 2007 derby at Woodison, Kuyt scored 2 pens.

The 2nd was when Neville became a rush goalkeeper, preventing a very young Lucas Leiva from winning that derby.  Out stepped & won it for us.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6002 on: December 5, 2019, 12:14:23 am »
Murphy wants Sakho on the pitch for his red but Virgil off :lmao
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6003 on: December 5, 2019, 12:15:06 am »
These two wanting VVD sent off and a pen against him, but Sakho's knee high lunge was grand and was unlucky to get sent off.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6004 on: December 5, 2019, 03:53:21 am »
MOTD have some of the thickest pundits going, so they want a penalty for Everton & VVD sent off, forgetting there's double jeopardy rules that last man who gives away a penalty gets a yellow, but Sakho shouldn't have been sent off for that lunge, no wonder i switch off as soon as our highlights are done with. :no
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6005 on: December 5, 2019, 04:04:02 am »
MOTD have some of the thickest pundits going, so they want a penalty for Everton & VVD sent off, forgetting there's double jeopardy rules that last man who gives away a penalty gets a yellow, but Sakho shouldn't have been sent off for that lunge, no wonder i switch off as soon as our highlights are done with. :no

I don't even bother watching now. If I don't get to see the game I try to find highlights on the internet rather than watch these clowns. If I can't manage to find highlights then at a push I'll tune in just for our game then turn off straight after it finishes. Pundits just seem to get paid to talk utter drivel and try to be pathetically controversial. I give them all the swerve if I can. Too much stupidity. Too many agendas. Too much hypocrisy.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6006 on: December 5, 2019, 04:10:47 am »
I don't even bother watching now. If I don't get to see the game I try to find highlights on the internet rather than watch these clowns. If I can't manage to find highlights then at a push I'll tune in just for our game then turn off straight after it finishes. Pundits just seem to get paid to talk utter drivel and try to be pathetically controversial. I give them all the swerve if I can. Too much stupidity. Too many agendas. Too much hypocrisy.

Yep, very rarely watch MOTD now too, hark back to the glory days when you had just Jimmy Hill presenting MOTD, or when Jockey was one of the pundits. most pundits seem to say what comes comes straight out of there mouths without thinking what they're saying, or on a deliberate wind up. :no

At least you don't have to watch MOTD anymore, highlights of our matches are uploaded onto youtube by official channels.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6007 on: December 5, 2019, 04:37:05 am »
Yep, very rarely watch MOTD now too, hark back to the glory days when you had just Jimmy Hill presenting MOTD, or when Jockey was one of the pundits. most pundits seem to say what comes comes straight out of there mouths without thinking what they're saying, or on a deliberate wind up. :no

At least you don't have to watch MOTD anymore, highlights of our matches are uploaded onto youtube by official channels.
Hopefully things will go full circle at some point and they'll go back to basics when presenting football on TV. Personally, I just want to see the game with an unbiased commentary. Simply showing what's happened without endlessly poring over it and analysing it to death. I don't want to see or hear pundits' agendas, bias and their attempts to engineer controversy. It's all so boringly tedious.

Although I didn't see it myself, Amazon's presentation of tonight's game seems to have gone down really well. I don't know if it's the fresh approach I think is needed as I've not seen it myself, but anything that challenges the approach of the likes of Tyler, Neville, Mills etc can only be a good thing. I really hate tabloid punditry where rather than simply presenting the game they have to drive the agenda within it. A bit like how the media don't report the news any more, they want to make the news instead.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #6008 on: December 5, 2019, 05:22:13 am »
anybody notice that clip of efc fans leaving after the 5th goal at the end of our highlights, where he is facing the main stand making pushing gesture , blue coat on.

:tosser

Offline Bolton

• Kemlynite
  • Hot Topic!
« Reply #6009 on: December 5, 2019, 10:49:12 am »
Came in to post about the red card comments from that pair of thickos. If your job is to analyse at least know the rules. Jeez
Whether it's a pen is prob debatable as I've seen those given. But even if it was a pen it's not a red card due to the double jeopardy rule

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6010 on: December 5, 2019, 10:54:52 am »

Dead proud of himself I bet.

“How’d they get on Shaun, love?”

“They lost 5-2, Mum.  But I made a wall pushing gesture to, incorrectly, reference an incident 35 years ago in which people died. None of the people I was gesturing to had anything to do with that incident, and I was about 50 yards from the nearest red and surrounded by all my mates. I’m clearly on the moral high ground, so that works out about even I reckon.”
« Last Edit: December 5, 2019, 10:57:49 am by Kekuleyule y'all! »

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6011 on: December 5, 2019, 11:15:35 am »

You have to wonder if motd is on borrowed time now that sky are putting official highlights on youtube quite quickly after every match, people don't even have to go to the bother of tracking down uploads to see stuff now.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6012 on: December 5, 2019, 11:21:35 am »
Hopefully things will go full circle at some point and they'll go back to basics when presenting football on TV. Personally, I just want to see the game with an unbiased commentary. Simply showing what's happened without endlessly poring over it and analysing it to death. I don't want to see or hear pundits' agendas, bias and their attempts to engineer controversy. It's all so boringly tedious.

Although I didn't see it myself, Amazon's presentation of tonight's game seems to have gone down really well. I don't know if it's the fresh approach I think is needed as I've not seen it myself, but anything that challenges the approach of the likes of Tyler, Neville, Mills etc can only be a good thing. I really hate tabloid punditry where rather than simply presenting the game they have to drive the agenda within it. A bit like how the media don't report the news any more, they want to make the news instead.

Maybe we got lucky with the commentary team for our coverage with McCoist shockingly seeming to enjoy being paid to watch football unlike some of the misery guts you get on sky etc, but the amazon coverage did seem to focus on the right things during the commentary and their postmatch stuff was given enough time that the pundits were able to communicate their analysis properly, stuff like Henry having time to get across the point about the difficulty, awareness and skill involved in Origi's second goal.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6013 on: December 5, 2019, 10:28:06 pm »
Not sure about red but that's a pen all day long. You don't ever really see reds for that

Didn't think it was myself, VVD seemed to just use his strength to ease him out. I honesty would be surprised to see a pen given for that type of challenge. The on field ref (Mike Dean) didn't give it, the VAR (Martin Atkinson) didn't intervene. Also Dermott G. ex ref who comments on sky didn't think it was pen either. We don't get many favours from refs and I just really believe we got one here.         
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6014 on: December 6, 2019, 09:51:52 am »

Someone should post that on GOT or whatever site Evertonians are on. I know we see a lot of shite posted but most of them would be disgusted by that - maybe someone knows who he is and can have a word.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #6015 on: December 6, 2019, 10:06:22 am »
Didn't think it was myself, VVD seemed to just use his strength to ease him out. I honesty would be surprised to see a pen given for that type of challenge. The on field ref (Mike Dean) didn't give it, the VAR (Martin Atkinson) didn't intervene. Also Dermott G. ex ref who comments on sky didn't think it was pen either. We don't get many favours from refs and I just really believe we got one here.         

I think it was close enough that, had it been given, we'd not really have been able to cry foul about it. We've seen them both given and waved away.

On the other hand, who knows what a penalty is these days?
There's the rules, there's those rules that are actually applied; there's mistakes that are clear and obvious and mistakes that are but not deemed clear and obvious; handballs that are in one game but not in the next; some amazing diving from the slightest perceived contact that *is* and penalty and the occasional full-Nelson mugging that *isn't*.

On any given occasion, the exact same event can be argued to be both a penalty and not a penalty and both versions are equally valid depending on the ref's interpretation, VAR's interpretation and whoever happens to be the pundit on MOTD that day (the guys who create the narrative).

Football, eh?
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6016 on: December 6, 2019, 10:10:50 am »
Someone should post that on GOT or whatever site Evertonians are on. I know we see a lot of shite posted but most of them would be disgusted by that - maybe someone knows who he is and can have a word.

Would they fuck be disgusted by it. Pretty much every third post on there about Liverpool references Heysel.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6017 on: December 6, 2019, 01:51:07 pm »
Would they fuck be disgusted by it. Pretty much every third post on there about Liverpool references Heysel.
They revel in the disaster because it allows them to, yet again, play the victim.

Hopefully some Reds around where he lives recognise him and educate him a little.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #6018 on: December 7, 2019, 10:30:23 pm »
What dickheads are on tonight? So I can decide whether to skip it or not.
AHA!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6019 on: December 7, 2019, 10:37:28 pm »
Keown and Shearer.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6020 on: December 7, 2019, 10:45:36 pm »
Solskjaer is a bitter c*nt  ;D ;D ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #6021 on: December 7, 2019, 10:45:52 pm »
"Playing the best team in the world"

Have a look at the table Ole. And the schedule for the Club World Cup....

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6022 on: December 7, 2019, 10:47:09 pm »
Alex Ferguson sure looks like he enjoyed that. Gollum shocked. Pep seems resigned to losing the league. ("Next season will be better" he says). Lots of non-awarded handballs to drive him mad but he kept his cool.

VAR got the penalty right. And the handball decisions too. None of them were nefarious or intentional.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6023 on: December 7, 2019, 10:49:28 pm »
Bissaka the best one v one defender in the league? 😂

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6024 on: December 7, 2019, 10:50:08 pm »
Wan Bissaka narrative is fun.

The match highlights showed him being roasted by Sterling in a City near miss, giving the ball away a few times in his own third that led to City chances and getting beaten by Otamendi for the goal.  Then the analysis is how he is the finest one-v-one defender ::)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6025 on: December 7, 2019, 10:50:15 pm »

Obviously not the best at defending set pieces against Nicolas Otamendi.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6026 on: December 7, 2019, 10:53:08 pm »

My missus just came into the room and said are they talking about Virgil - she’s a blue.

:lmao
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6027 on: December 7, 2019, 10:53:23 pm »

Yeah, Otamendi just swept him aside like a leaf.

Tbf they didn't say he was the best in the league but Man United's best... which is basically shots fired at Mcguire.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6028 on: December 7, 2019, 10:53:57 pm »
He picked up Bissaka the same way Joe picked up the big man.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6029 on: December 7, 2019, 10:54:28 pm »
That Pickford dive when the ball was going nowhere near the goal still makes chuckle.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6030 on: December 7, 2019, 10:55:06 pm »
Alex Ferguson sure looks like he enjoyed that. Gollum shocked. Pep seems resigned to losing the league. ("Next season will be better" he says). Lots of non-awarded handballs to drive him mad but he kept his cool.

VAR got the penalty right. And the handball decisions too. None of them were nefarious or intentional.
Taylor had a shocker. He was absolute dogshite

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6031 on: December 7, 2019, 10:56:49 pm »
Is it correct that Kante is now pronounced Conte??

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6032 on: December 7, 2019, 10:58:53 pm »

Ngonte

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6033 on: December 7, 2019, 11:03:14 pm »
It is a Senegalese name from the Casamance region. Should be pronounced similar to Mané, with the stress on the final syllable (kAntÉ).  I think Sadio's Wolof though. His facial features are totally different from Kante`s.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2019, 11:10:34 pm by Morgana »

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6034 on: December 7, 2019, 11:04:19 pm »
Woken up a sleeping giant klaxon.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6035 on: December 7, 2019, 11:04:33 pm »
Keown reckons the sleeping giant as awoken.

They’ve won one game.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6036 on: December 7, 2019, 11:05:11 pm »
Did Keown just announce that the Sleeping Giant has awoken?! :D

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6037 on: December 7, 2019, 11:05:34 pm »
Keown reckons the sleeping giant as awoken.

They’ve won one game.
Starting to look like a £500 mill squad now.

How long is this analysis??? Sweet Jesus
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #6038 on: December 7, 2019, 11:05:40 pm »
What dickheads are on tonight? So I can decide whether to skip it or not.
1    Man City 1-2 Man Utd
2    Everton 3-1 Chelsea
3    Tottenham 5-0 Burnley
4    Bournemouth 0-3 Liverpool
5    Watford 0-0 Crystal Palace
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6039 on: December 7, 2019, 11:05:59 pm »
Apparently Big Dunc has 'woken a sleeping giant', according to Keown. They've won one match, at home.