Poll

How do we think the UK Will do - Assuming Brexit happens (Hard or Soft..)

Things will be brilliant from the word go and will get better every week!
Things will start off a bit dodgy, but over time things gradually improve and get better
Things will start off dodgy and remain that way for the forseeable future
Things will start off dodgy and then decline slightly with things getting a bit worse
Complete clusterfuck from start to finish

Author Topic: Brexit - doesn't really seem to be a very good idea does it? (*)  (Read 878708 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Brexit - What would those in power get out of it? The Fallout Thread..
« Reply #6120 on: September 11, 2017, 11:26:33 pm »
 Adam Dyster‏ @AdamDyster 3m3 minutes ago

Nice line from @JamesFrith - 'We need a Brexit that works for the 48 and the 52, not the 1922'
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #6121 on: September 11, 2017, 11:31:36 pm »
Adam Dyster‏ @AdamDyster 3m3 minutes ago

Nice line from @JamesFrith - 'We need a Brexit that works for the 48 and the 52, not the 1922'

There is literally no such thing.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6122 on: September 12, 2017, 12:18:02 am »
A Government majority of 22.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6123 on: September 12, 2017, 12:30:14 am »
A Government majority of 22.

With not a single Tory breaking ranks, quelle surprise ::)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6124 on: September 12, 2017, 12:36:18 am »
With not a single Tory breaking ranks, quelle surprise ::)

They didn't need to thanks to the Labour "rebels" like Skinner.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6125 on: September 12, 2017, 12:38:26 am »

Yep, no point risking the wrath of the party whips when the 'opposition' will do your dirty work for you.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6126 on: September 12, 2017, 07:44:17 am »
This thread has been too painful to read..

The stupidity of the whole situation is one I'm trying to ignore now...

It's just too much,..

I'm with you on this.

It's just making me too stressed.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #6127 on: September 12, 2017, 11:09:42 am »

Hasn't Skinner though always been anti EU, he actually voted to leave on June 23rd so isn't he just sticking with his principals and being utterly consistent?

Flint though campaigned to stay in the EU so who's being the rebel?

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6128 on: September 12, 2017, 11:38:30 am »
Hasn't Skinner though always been anti EU, he actually voted to leave on June 23rd so isn't he just sticking with his principals and being utterly consistent?

You can be anti-EU and support Brexit but refuse to vote for a transparent power grab in the name of Brexit. Opposing this is an attempt to stop Brexit, article 50 has been triggered.  Evoke "will of the people" and people seem to timidly fall at the knees.

I'm just shocked how easily democracy can be circumvented in such a blatant way with the meekest of opposition.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:51:42 am by Bunter »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #6129 on: September 12, 2017, 11:46:47 am »

Corbyn voted against membership in 1975, voted against the Maastricht Treaty in 1993, and voted against the Lisbon Treaty in 2009. He has opposed the EU at every opportunity.

“The European Central Bank will undermine any social objective that any Labour Government in the United Kingdom — or any other Government — would wish to carry out.” Jeremy Corbyn, Hansard

“What powers do we have to do anything about the fraud in EU institutions? Much of that money seems to find its way into the hands of the Mafia or into grandiose, unwanted and often badly-built construction projects that are of no use to anybody.” Jeremy Corbyn, Hansard

“The Treaty on European Union takes away from national Parliaments the power to set economic policy and hands it over to an unelected set of bankers” Jeremy Corbyn, Hansard

“There is a real risk that Greece leaves both the eurozone and the EU. Its future would be uncertain, but at least it could be its own ... There is no future for a usurious Europe that turns its smaller nations into colonies of debt peonage.” Jeremy Corbyn, Huffington Post

“If the EU becomes a totally brutal organisation that treats every one of its member states in the way that the people of Greece have been treated at the moment, then I think it will lose a lot of support from a lot of people.” Jeremy Corbyn, LBC, 2015, quoted in the Telegraph

Public opposition to the EU’s TTIP treaty is “a cri de coeur for democracy and for the right of people to elect a Government who can decide what goes on in their country.” Jeremy Corbyn, Hansard

On the secrecy of the EU’s TTIP negotiations: “Is it because there are ante-rooms on either side of the Atlantic stuffed full of highly effective corporate lobbyists doing their best to develop their own interests?” Jeremy Corbyn, Hansard

Morocco’s occupation of the Western Sahara “involves the gross abuse of human rights and theft of natural resources - and the EU is directly responsible.” Jeremy Corbyn on his blog, recently deleted.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Armchair expert

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6130 on: September 12, 2017, 12:35:19 pm »
    Corbyn voted against membership in 1975, voted against the Maastricht Treaty in 1993, and voted against the Lisbon Treaty in 2009. He has opposed the EU at every opportunity.

“The European Central Bank will undermine any social objective that any Labour Government in the United Kingdom — or any other Government — would wish to carry out.” Jeremy Corbyn, Hansard

“What powers do we have to do anything about the fraud in EU institutions? Much of that money seems to find its way into the hands of the Mafia or into grandiose, unwanted and often badly-built construction projects that are of no use to anybody.” Jeremy Corbyn, Hansard

“The Treaty on European Union takes away from national Parliaments the power to set economic policy and hands it over to an unelected set of bankers” Jeremy Corbyn, Hansard

“There is a real risk that Greece leaves both the eurozone and the EU. Its future would be uncertain, but at least it could be its own ... There is no future for a usurious Europe that turns its smaller nations into colonies of debt peonage.” Jeremy Corbyn, Huffington Post

“If the EU becomes a totally brutal organisation that treats every one of its member states in the way that the people of Greece have been treated at the moment, then I think it will lose a lot of support from a lot of people.” Jeremy Corbyn, LBC, 2015, quoted in the Telegraph

Public opposition to the EU’s TTIP treaty is “a cri de coeur for democracy and for the right of people to elect a Government who can decide what goes on in their country.” Jeremy Corbyn, Hansard

On the secrecy of the EU’s TTIP negotiations: “Is it because there are ante-rooms on either side of the Atlantic stuffed full of highly effective corporate lobbyists doing their best to develop their own interests?” Jeremy Corbyn, Hansard

Morocco’s occupation of the Western Sahara “involves the gross abuse of human rights and theft of natural resources - and the EU is directly responsible.” Jeremy Corbyn on his blog, recently deleted.

I thought I was speaking about Dennis Skinner, not everything is about Corbyn

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6131 on: September 12, 2017, 01:04:31 pm »

One thing we've learned over the last 2 yrs is all these anti EU claims get torn to shreds when challenged." the power of the unelected Bankers". no wonder Frottage is a fan.
His attitude towards Greece is a big concern, if Greece had done what Corbyn suggests then the countrys economy would have collapsed completely. the EU he claims forced Greece into debt peonage actually helped Greece recover, reducing their debt, forcing the Country to accept the facts of life.

“There is a real risk that Greece leaves both the eurozone and the EU. Its future would be uncertain, but at least it could be its own e leaves both the eurozone and the EU. Its future would be uncertain, but at least it could be its own ... There is no future for a usurious Europe that turns its smaller nations into colonies of debt peonage.”
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6132 on: September 12, 2017, 01:46:27 pm »
Giles Fraser saying on the Daily Politics that if the economy tanks in order to achieve Brexit then so be it. Nice little insight into the Lexiteers head for you.

Personally I am pissed off as to why the Beeb let a person of religion on the show. Those fuckers should be shunned from life.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #6133 on: September 12, 2017, 01:52:35 pm »
    :butt

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6134 on: September 12, 2017, 02:39:20 pm »
I thought I was speaking about Dennis Skinner, not everything is about Corbyn

I really couldn't give a fuck about Skinner who is an irrelevance.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6135 on: September 12, 2017, 02:52:53 pm »
UK inflation rate rises to 2.9%

The UK's inflation rate climbed to its joint highest in more than five years in August as the price of petrol and clothing rose.

UK inflation measured by the Consumer Prices Index rose to 2.9% in August, up from 2.6% in July, figures show.

The fall in the value of sterling since the EU referendum continued to be a major impetus for rising prices, the Office for National Statistics said.

But a rebound in the price of oil also had an impact, pushing up fuel prices.

The bigger-than-expected rise in inflation comes ahead of the Bank of England's next announcement on interest rates on Thursday.

However, economists said the Bank was still highly unlikely to raise rates at the meeting.

Rising clothing costs

According to the ONS, the prices of most goods climbed during August, largely because of rising import costs for retailers.

However, clothing and footwear prices had the biggest impact, climbing 4.6% year-on-year, their highest level since records began.

Petrol also pushed the overall cost of living higher, increasing 1.8p a litre to 115.7p during the month, while diesel gained 2p to 117.6p.

The TUC's general secretary, Frances O'Grady, said the "cost of living squeeze" was continuing, with rising inflation outpacing wages.

"The government needs to get a grip and get pay rising across the economy," she said.

The most recent wages data showed average weekly earnings rising at an annual pace of 2.1%. New figures on pay are due to be released on Wednesday.

Ian Stewart, chief economist at Deloitte, said: "It is pretty remarkable that, with inflation near 3% and unemployment at the lowest level in over 40 years, we are not seeing much wage inflation."

August's inflation rate is far above the Bank of England's target of 2%. The Bank has said it expects inflation to reach 3% in October, but start to ease early in 2018.

Paul Hollingsworth, UK economist at Capital Economics, said the latest figures were likely to provide "further ammunition" to those members of the Bank's rate-setting Monetary Policy Committee who favour an earlier rise in interest rates.

"However, we don't think the rise in CPI inflation has much further to run," he added.

"Indeed, we expect it to peak at 3.1% in October, before dropping back next year as the impact of the pound's fall starts to fade."

Samuel Tombs, chief UK economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics, added: "We still think the chances of a rate rise this year are remote.

"Domestically-generated inflation is subdued, inflation expectations have remained well-anchored and GDP growth is too weak to warrant higher rates."

The ONS's preferred measure of inflation CPIH - which includes owner-occupiers' housing costs - rose to 2.7% last month from 2.6% in July.

The Retail Prices Index (RPI) measure of inflation rose to 3.9% in August from 3.6%.

Analysis: Andy Verity, BBC economics correspondent

Here's a few details from the inflation numbers. Coffee - up 5.1%. Petrol - up 5.1%. Clothing - up 5.1%. Oils and fats (including butter) - up 5.9%. Electricity - up 9%. Then there is the price of fish - up 9.6%.

Now of course to get the average rise in the cost of living you have to lump in those moves with other items falling in price (air fares, second-hand cars, toys and games) to get the average of 2.9%. But even that number is worrying when wages at the last count could only manage a rise of 2.1%.

August's inflation rate of 2.9% equals the peak rate seen in May. The market had expected 2.8% - so it did have an effect. On the currency markets, traders pushed up the value of the pound to $1.327 - its highest in months.

Before the figures came out, traders in the City had anticipated a rise in interest rates by next May. Now they're betting it's more likely to happen next February. Nevertheless, that would only take the official rate back to where it was before the post-referendum emergency cut last August and further rate rises could take years. That's because the economy is growing only modestly.

If only it were growing as fast as prices.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41238822

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6136 on: September 12, 2017, 02:53:00 pm »

Given the margins a lot of these votes could be won or lost by (on the bill as a whole or amendments), I don't think any MP is an irrelevance.

Offline Armchair expert

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6137 on: September 12, 2017, 03:12:59 pm »

I'm sure his constituents do....

Great answer by the way...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:16:52 pm by Armchair expert »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6138 on: September 12, 2017, 06:43:20 pm »
I'm sure his constituents do....

Great answer by the way...

Thanks. I thought so.

Here's a gif of a panda on a rocking horse:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Armchair expert

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6139 on: September 12, 2017, 07:02:44 pm »
Thanks. I thought so.

Here's a gif of a panda on a rocking horse:

I'm sure when you posted that you probably thought it was humourous in a Reeves and Mortimer surreal kinda way.

Don't give up the day job eh.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #6140 on: September 12, 2017, 07:56:22 pm »
I fucking hate Rees-Mogg and cannot understand how some of our members think that he is a sound fella who is just misunderstood.
He's a posh twat but he knows it and doesn't pretend to be something he isn't, when I was posting his videos before the referendum it wasm because he eloquently put the points for brexit, although the temptation to play the man rather than the ball proved too tempting for some on here it did produce some good debate. 
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6141 on: September 12, 2017, 08:00:45 pm »
He's a posh twat but he knows it and doesn't pretend to be something he isn't, when I was posting his videos before the referendum it wasm because he eloquently put the points for brexit, although the temptation to play the man rather than the ball proved too tempting for some on here it did produce some good debate. 

There are some reasons for Brexit and some things around protectionsim people can get behind but the Rees-Mogg idea of Brexit is pribably the most dangerous form of Brexit for this country.

He wants free markets to run wild. Thats removing all rules and regulations, privatising the shit out of everything, dumping environmental regulation and us having a race to the bottom in terms of standards. The only benefit to his form of Brexit would be high levels of immigration.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6142 on: September 12, 2017, 10:02:30 pm »
I'm sure when you posted that you probably thought it was humourous in a Reeves and Mortimer surreal kinda way.

Don't give up the day job eh.

It's just a football website lad, and if you want to post passive aggressive gifs in a politics thread I'll post shite gifs in reply.  Have nice evening.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #6143 on: September 12, 2017, 10:42:01 pm »

He's a twat, that's all. He pretends to be something he isn't, all the time, he's a twat. That's what twats do.
And in short, I was afraid

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #6144 on: September 12, 2017, 11:00:43 pm »
Phase 2 of the Tory take over is complete they are voting themselves total control without the British people giving it to them.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #6145 on: September 12, 2017, 11:10:25 pm »
Phase 2 of the Tory take over is complete they are voting themselves total control without the British people giving it to them.

Batten down the hatches old boy.
And in short, I was afraid

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #6146 on: September 12, 2017, 11:30:17 pm »

Hmmm.

...Any Labour MPs who votes with the Tories should be deselected.

So, I assume you'll be vociferously calling for Skinner to now be deselected?
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #6147 on: September 13, 2017, 02:14:02 am »
Hmmm.

So, I assume you'll be vociferously calling for Skinner to now be deselected?

Yes.

I know he always votes against the EU but there was no excuse for that vote.

When people talk about him in future people will say remember when he voted to give the Tories unlimited powers.

Fuck knows what he was thinking.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:25:23 am by Trada »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #6148 on: September 13, 2017, 02:18:11 am »
I bet it won't be to long before we hear a Tory Mp say maybe the next election should be postponed until Brexit is sorted.

And before you can say "dictatorship" a minster with his new sweeping powers will ok it. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:26:07 am by Trada »

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6149 on: September 13, 2017, 11:28:53 am »
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #6150 on: September 13, 2017, 12:49:58 pm »
And now they can control the Parliamentary committees too . . .

Government wins committee change vote
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41245903

320 votes to 301 - wtf happened to opposition?   :butt

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6151 on: September 13, 2017, 12:58:46 pm »
And now they can control the Parliamentary committees too . . .

Government wins committee change vote
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41245903

Labour abdicated it's status as opposition when Corbyn whipped them through the lobbies in support of Brexit.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #6152 on: September 13, 2017, 01:09:23 pm »
Labour abdicated it's status as opposition when Corbyn whipped them through the lobbies in support of Brexit.

What am I missing here? All opposition parties voted against this. What more could they do, given that the Tories propped up by the DUP have overall majority?

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #6153 on: September 13, 2017, 01:44:56 pm »

https://twitter.com/TechnicallyRon/status/907892847227043840

Love the way he's telling the Brexiters who reply to this which one they actually are  ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6154 on: September 13, 2017, 01:56:50 pm »
https://twitter.com/TechnicallyRon/status/907892847227043840

Love the way he's telling the Brexiters who reply to this which one they actually are  ;D

"It's difficult to engage with people that can get tricked by a bus"

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6155 on: September 13, 2017, 02:00:09 pm »
What am I missing here? All opposition parties voted against this. What more could they do, given that the Tories propped up by the DUP have overall majority?

It's too late.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/07/labour-three-line-whip-to-force-mps-to-back-unamended-brexit-bill
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #6156 on: September 13, 2017, 05:17:24 pm »

I'll give him that much, he won't be telling anyone to 'call me Jake' or pretend to support some footy team he couldn't find on a map.

Still an absolute piece of shit of a human being. God doesn't like homosexuals, well maybe he does maybe he doesn't, but I'm also pretty sure God doesn't like people going hungry either but funny how that doesn't bother the likes of Rees-Mogg.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6157 on: September 13, 2017, 06:19:51 pm »
A poll of Welsh voters.

At the end of May, it was 33% support vs 56% oppose.

At the end of May, it was 42% Remain vs 45% Leave

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2017-09-11/labour-lead-increases-as-support-for-2nd-eu-vote-grows/

September's poll's data
https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/v05j7vbpt2/WelshBarometerResults_170907_W.pdf

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #6158 on: September 13, 2017, 06:20:37 pm »
What am I missing here? . . .
Sorry, I was perhaps hinting at opposition in general rather than The Opposition in particular.  The divides were never (initially at least) along party lines and I maybe expected to see more evidence of opposition to the madness, but it turns out that the 'remain' Tories are every bit as spineless and power hungry as their bastard brexit brethren.

Its a cliché, but what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander and effectively guaranteeing that all committees have an outright majority rather than reflecting the balance of Parliament means that the effective scrutiny of all future legislation is at stake.  As was mentioned earlier - do we think that when the boot eventually makes it to the other foot these rules will be reversed?

Formidable though she may be, we can't just rely on Gina Miller to pull us back from the precipice, although I would piss myself if the DUP bribe is somehow challenged successfully.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6159 on: September 13, 2017, 06:36:08 pm »
There are some reasons for Brexit and some things around protectionsim people can get behind but the Rees-Mogg idea of Brexit is pribably the most dangerous form of Brexit for this country.

He wants free markets to run wild. Thats removing all rules and regulations, privatising the shit out of everything, dumping environmental regulation and us having a race to the bottom in terms of standards. The only benefit to his form of Brexit would be high levels of immigration.

There would be rivers of shit.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.