Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 92757 times)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Mario Balotelli
« on: July 2, 2016, 03:18:19 pm »
Since there are no open topics about this maverick, has the penny finally dropped?

"In my view there weren't enough [expectations put on me], as I can do so much more than what I said. But it takes time," said Balotelli.

"On the scale of 0 to 10, I stopped at five, but I'll get to 10 eventually. I want to get there. I will win the Ballon d'Or.

"I do realise that I've spent two years of my career when I could've been getting closer to 10 and instead stayed at five.

"I know, the Ballon d'Or might seem laughable and I might not have done everything to be the best, but the important thing is I realised it's not too late."

"I don't want to reach the end of my career with the regret of not doing everything I can to be the best," he said.

"Up until two years ago I made do with what I had. I did well, knew I could play, so I was happy. It wasn't in my mind to improve, as I thought that was enough.

"Over the last two years I started working seriously, yet the results did not arrive. Maybe I am paying the price for the previous 23 years.

"I am relaxed, though, as I am aware that in the last two years things have changed completely."

I see some glimmer of hope in that Payet was very similar to Mario in that he had disciplinary issues and finally broke through at the age of 27, Mario will turn 26 in August. With the sale of Benteke, can Mario be the plan B? No one else seems to want him and if he buys into Klopp's vision...

I for one haven't given up on Mario

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2016, 03:23:06 pm »
I dont really want my striker to be talking like this... The last two years have been Marios worst.

When Mario was Mario he was better. Be a lion not the apologetic mouse on his 'last chance', trying to be humble & please everyone. Fuck them & just score goals.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2016, 03:28:30 pm »
Less talk more action ;)

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2016, 03:38:36 pm »
If he can sort out his attitude, he only has his lack of talent standing in his way.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: July 2, 2016, 03:42:34 pm »
If he can sort out his attitude, he only has his lack of talent standing in his way.
Talent has always been there.

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #5 on: July 2, 2016, 03:43:08 pm »
Haha- typical of this sort of "character". Seen many of them in my life and they always break the hearts of those who care about them the most. They just consume every bit of love and sympathy thrown their way and almost always turn out a disappointment- a hustler, a playa, a mama's boy, a smooth operator- call him what you want, but he falls in that category. He charms his way around life- only looking out for "Mario".

Always trolling those people who want to see the redeeming qualities in them. We keep on saying it, but Mario is going to keep the softies on a leash for a long time.
The sort of guy who play on the heartstrings of the vulnerable!

The only player I've ever turned my back on(I was against him since before we got him, in any case) and I hope we can get at least a little something from any deal. One of those people who promise you the world and leaves you with nothing; but it seems some never learn with Mario Balotelli. Even in Balotelli's final hours, will they still believe in him(but not many other more worthy people)- because he targets your heart.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2016, 03:54:08 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 2, 2016, 03:49:04 pm »
Reckon Mario is looking at that Italian team now and thinking. "What the fuck have I done?"

I'm really interested to see how Jurgen plays this. Lets be honest, we have only had JK for 8 months or so and we dont REALLY know what he is about when it comes to decisions like this.

Mario really does split peoples opinions but for me personally, I'd fucking love to see a committed and firing Mario here at LFC.  I can't help it, but I like him.

Probably won't happen like but hope it does :)

Offline Imortal

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: July 2, 2016, 03:52:48 pm »
I have no sympathy for him,lazy lazy fella,just bin him off already.

I know people love a redemption story,but he's done at top level.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 2, 2016, 03:53:48 pm »
Haha- typical of this sort of "character". Seen many of them in my life and they always break the hearts of those who care about them the most. They just consume every bit of love and sympathy thrown their way and almost always turn out a disappointment- a hustler, a playa, a mama's boy, a smooth operator- call him what you want, but he falls in that category. He charms his way around life- only looking out for "Mario".

Always trolling those people who want to see the redeeming qualities in them. We keep on saying it, but Mario is going to keep the softies on a leash for a long time.

The only player I've ever turned my back on(I was against him since before we got him, in any case) and I hope we can get at least a little something from any deal. One of those people who promise you the world and leaves you with nothing; but it seems some never learn with Mario Balotelli.
How can you judge someone when you don't know them at all?

Online the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #9 on: July 2, 2016, 03:54:50 pm »
How can you judge someone when you don't know them at all?
Simples. By looking at how they conduct their life?

I've made my judgement of Mario Balotelli. He's not worth my energy or hope. I'd rather give it to someone else.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 2, 2016, 03:57:54 pm »

The only player I've ever turned my back on(I was against him since before we got him, in any case) and I hope we can get at least a little something from any deal. One of those people who promise you the world and leaves you with nothing; but it seems some never learn with Mario Balotelli. Even in Balotelli's final hours, will they still believe in him(but not many other more worthy people)- because he targets your heart.

thats the exact same shit he came out with before he joined us and look at what happened.

if that is not bad enough, he almost said the identical, work hard, train hard bullshit while he was joining milan.

flog him off. not worth the trouble.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #11 on: July 2, 2016, 03:58:04 pm »
I hope Mario comes good.  I like him. 

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 2, 2016, 03:58:55 pm »

He's has bags of talent. Probably more talented than half our current squad. He just lacks application and desire. I don't think there's a future for him at LFC, and I don't think he'll even get close to being nominated for a balon d'or, but to say he lacks talent is just quite simply untrue.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 2, 2016, 03:59:22 pm »
Simples. By looking at how they conduct their life?

I've made my judgement of Mario Balotelli. He's not worth my energy or hope. I'd rather give it to someone else.
But you don't know how he conducts his life don't believe everything you hear in the media.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #14 on: July 2, 2016, 04:01:44 pm »
I vividly remember a lot of posters defending the signing the first time around, ignoring the warning signs over his failures at his previous clubs and arguing that even if we did fail we could recoup a big fee. Always thought that was optimistic.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15 on: July 2, 2016, 04:03:16 pm »
everyone tends to mention 'the talent is there' but what actually is meant to be his stand out quality which gives him the potential to be 'one of the best'? (genuine question here)

Online the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #16 on: July 2, 2016, 04:03:48 pm »
thats the exact same shit he came out with before he joined us and look at what happened.

if that is not bad enough, he almost said the identical, work hard, train hard bullshit while he was joining milan.

flog him off. not worth the trouble.
Yip. I'm familiar with the tactics.
He wants something, that's why he's talking like that. He's actions been saying something completely different.

I grew up in a community of hustlers and conman, so I can smell it.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 2, 2016, 04:04:21 pm »
But you don't know how he conducts his life don't believe everything you hear in the media.

You don't have to believe everything to know that he just does not exhibit the mentality and professionalism expected of a top-level footballer.

Appreciate the suggestion that not everything written about Balotelli is true (and indeed you're correct) but fuck me, he doesn't help himself with some of the shit he does get up to that has proven to be true.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 2, 2016, 04:05:31 pm »
everyone tends to mention 'the talent is there' but what actually is meant to be his stand out quality which gives him the potential to be 'one of the best'? (genuine question here)

I would imagine the Euro 2012 game against Germany is the Balotelli that everyone would like to see on a consistent basis.

Online the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #19 on: July 2, 2016, 04:07:16 pm »
Keep on believing in him mate. He'll disappoint you.
Just cut him loose.

Offline Eliit

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: July 2, 2016, 04:07:32 pm »
I really didn't want us to sign him. I've always thought that his talent has been vastly overstated because of his stupidity.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #21 on: July 2, 2016, 04:09:14 pm »
Always makes me laugh when people say 'if he can improve his attitude'

The only reason he has had half the career he has is his ridiculous attitude. It's masked the fact he isn't very fucking good at football.
Believe

Online Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #22 on: July 2, 2016, 04:09:45 pm »
The only player I've ever turned my back on(I was against him since before we got him, in any case)
El-Hadj Diouf. (Lee Bowyer aside) You will not see in World Football a c*nt of such epic proportions for quite some time. For his many faults, Mario is not worthy of the same contempt as that shithouse.

But back to Mario  ;D Although I agree with some of what you say, I just can't get over the feeling that he was also a major victim of a team that was not playing well as well and I still maintain that he dropped deep, went wide, pulled defenders and worked hard but never got the service or support he needed. Even when he held the ball up well, being up front on his own and having to lead the line with various players being brought in constantly, I would argue he never got a fair crack at the whip. Being up front on your lonesome, means you can be too easily played out the game and we've seen this with other players than just him when they've struggled. Seeing a Firmino and Coutinho hit some form and Emre Can now starting to look like a player (Lallana as well) if he stays and does not perform, then he can have no excuses, but if he stays and produces, then all the better.

Where we do agree is that although I can understand that if he got despondent, he should have just kept going and going and not dropped off. But that's not Mario's way and I have a feeling that there were a few players around that didn't exactly take to Brendan in the way we're led to believe. That said, everyone changes eventually and lets face it, he knows he's fucked up as well. The talent is there, that much is clear, so whilst no-one wants him, see what his appetite is, even if it's to get him to a stage where he's sellable, then it should be a clean sheet for this season and see what happens. If he goes, then sobeit of course, but while he's here, he's got my support.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 2, 2016, 04:13:24 pm »
I really didn't want us to sign him. I've always thought that his talent has been vastly overstated because of his stupidity.

Me too.  Hes just not that good at Football. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 2, 2016, 04:15:02 pm »
I've seen similar from him and his agent in the past. He'll be getting moved on as quickly as possible, Klopp won't want him messing with the intense pre season schedule
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #25 on: July 2, 2016, 04:15:45 pm »
It's just words really...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #26 on: July 2, 2016, 04:16:08 pm »
He's good at penalties
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #27 on: July 2, 2016, 04:18:38 pm »
Just wait and see, Klopp will turn him into our Lewandowski

or break him

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 2, 2016, 04:21:56 pm »
He said similar when he arrived and did very little to back up those words.

Also here's something Klopp has said about his past antics:
http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-social-facebook-stories-fanshots/2016/4/4/11362198/book-passage-reveals-jurgen-klopp-is-not-a-fan-of-mario-balotellis

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 2, 2016, 04:25:56 pm »
IF IF IF IF IF

just fuck him off to china.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 2, 2016, 04:30:28 pm »
I couldn't think of a worse fit for a Klopp team than Mario Balotelli. Plus the fact that despite all the stuff about him being an 'amazing talent', the reality is he's just not that good at footy. Two league goals in the last two seasons isn't it. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #31 on: July 2, 2016, 04:42:25 pm »
Exactly. I don't care much about his arrogance and stupid acts, but he's just a pretty limited footballer. If he would have accepted that his fate is to be another Benteke, not another Suarez, he would have had a much better career.
He's turning 26 soon, by the way - not a talent anymore.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32 on: July 2, 2016, 04:45:08 pm »
Look

I'm not quite sure what people want from Mario.

He hasn't got a new club for next season, what would we be happy with him saying? Would we be happy with him refusing to return or disrespecting the club?

I don't think he's said a word wrong there, fair does to the lad.  Obviously I hope he's gone next season, because I can't imagine a player less suited to loops football, but he's said the right stuff.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 2, 2016, 04:48:01 pm »
Eh whatever.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: July 2, 2016, 04:49:44 pm »
If he was to ever come good, he'd need a run of games to click properly and with only the league this year that ain't gonna happen.

Oh yeah, and he's wank.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #35 on: July 2, 2016, 04:50:36 pm »
Just get rid. He Wasn't good enough and wasn't what we needed when we first signed him.

Bags of talent no doubt, but his attitude, desire and application is not there. If I had to choose between Benteke and Mario it would be Benteke all the way.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 2, 2016, 05:02:04 pm »
One of the most talented players in the world, but the brain and the mentality are simply not there.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #37 on: July 2, 2016, 05:07:16 pm »
Reality is gonna hit him hard when he meets Klopp.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #38 on: July 2, 2016, 05:31:07 pm »
Amazing how some players get a longer leash from fans.

China by the end of the year.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #39 on: July 2, 2016, 05:46:06 pm »
Amazing how some players get a longer leash from fans.

China by the end of the year.
He won't go to China.

He'll leave somewhere on loan before the end of the season with us paying a majority of his wages and then leave on a free after that when his contract has expired. No one is going to offer us any money for him.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."