Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 92746 times)

Offline Kop 81

• Spineless.
  • Kopite
  • We've got KLOPP!
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #40 on: July 2, 2016, 06:22:46 pm »
Klopp won't want him anywhere near the first 11.  It's a shame because on his day, he's world class.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 2, 2016, 06:34:59 pm »
Just don't get the "talent" that everybody goes on about. Every now and again he can score a spectacular goal. But fuck me, that is rare. In his entire career, I've seen him have maybe 2 good games and they were both for Italy. Not world class, earth shaking games, good games.

There is a difference between having a poor attitude and bags of talent, and having a poor attitude and just being a bit shit. Unfortunately Mario is the latter. For me examples of Liverpool players in the former camp would be Collymore, Anelka and Kewell. When those players came, you knew you were getting a talent, but with baggage, and you hoped that they would be able to shake off the baggage and concentrate on being the best player they could be, because the potential was huge. The potential for Mario is not huge.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #42 on: July 2, 2016, 06:43:30 pm »
I put on the rose coloured glasses for him at the start because I just do for all our signings until they prove unworthy of the support, by dissing us. I am at the stage where for me Mario is like a galactic black hole, and as you try to rehabilitate him, you are on the edge of the event horizon, as he is about to draw you in. Klopp needs to concentrate on the players who want to play for him, and let this disaster area of a player try to get over himself.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: July 2, 2016, 06:45:45 pm »
One of the most talented players in the world, but the brain and the mentality are simply not there.
I just don't see it at all. Yes, he can twat the ball hard from a distance on his day but what else are these "talents" of his?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 2, 2016, 06:51:14 pm »
Back in training today.

Offline Sibierski Nazário

• Extremely precious about CR7
  • Kopite
« Reply #45 on: July 2, 2016, 06:54:26 pm »
If i hear 1 more Person calling him talented I will cry! he's average nothing more, if anything he is regressing badly from what was previously a solid striker to a hopeless one.
Greatzman >3
AUbamumyingyang >3

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 2, 2016, 06:58:28 pm »
A talented player is only really talented if they try.

He doesn't.

End of.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 2, 2016, 07:08:31 pm »
Klopp won't want him anywhere near the first 11.  It's a shame because on his day, he's world class.

Which day is that?
St Nevercome?

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #48 on: July 2, 2016, 07:11:15 pm »

The whole antics and attitude stuff just hides the fact he isn't very good at football. I have rarely seen him have a good game he just scores the odd worldy every now and then.

An average player with a shite attitude. But he's still a Liverpool player so he should get the support till he's not.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #49 on: July 2, 2016, 07:14:33 pm »
There is a difference between having a poor attitude and bags of talent, and having a poor attitude and just being a bit shit. Unfortunately Mario is the latter. For me examples of Liverpool players in the former camp would be Collymore, Anelka and Kewell.

Hmm, not wishing to go off-topic but I don't think Kewell ever had a poor attitude - certainly not with us. Maybe I'm forgetting something. He certainly had a poor injury record. He got a lot of stick for being subed at Istanbull, but that was a little unfair considering he had an operation after.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 2, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »
The whole antics and attitude stuff just hides the fact he isn't very good at football. I have rarely seen him have a good game he just scores the odd worldy every now and then.

An average player with a shite attitude. But he's still a Liverpool player so he should get the support till he's not.

Closer to the truth then most.
Everybody thinks he's a monster footballer held back by being a bit silly and unmotivated when in fact he's just another Babel.
More Babel then Ryan himself.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #51 on: July 2, 2016, 07:19:56 pm »
How many league goals did you score in each of the last two seasons Mario?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 2, 2016, 07:21:23 pm »
Anyone who doesn't think he's talented either never really bothered watching him before we signed him or just doesn't have a clue. His problem has always been mental. I don't particularly care whether we keep him - it really depends what Klopp thinks - but the talent is there in abundance. I've seen it numerous times before. It's all down to him getting his act together. If he impresses Klopp in the next few weeks then he could potentially be a proper part of our squad. If he doesn't then he won't, simple as.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 2, 2016, 07:28:01 pm »
How can people see Balotelli as potentially being part of our squad yet i assume expect Benteke to be sold. In what way could that make any sense.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 2, 2016, 07:29:11 pm »
How can people see Balotelli as potentially being part of our squad yet i assume expect Benteke to be sold. In what way could that make any sense.
They're not similar players and they don't play the same role.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 2, 2016, 07:30:03 pm »

He won't be part of our squad, it's just waiting around until somebody is thick enough to buy him

Somebody will get desperate and take the gamble eventually hoping they can "fix him"
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 2, 2016, 07:30:30 pm »
They're not similar players and they don't play the same role.

They both don't fit the way we play.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #57 on: July 2, 2016, 07:31:18 pm »
He's a disruptive egotist with debatable talent and in over 40 years of supporting our club I can't really recall any players less suited to the Liverpool ethos.

I hope Klopp is in the process of sorting his future out, one that involves Mario being as far away from us as possible.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 2, 2016, 07:33:13 pm »
They both don't fit the way we play.
How does Mario not fit it? (I'm not saying you're wrong by the way, I'm just interested in your answer)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #59 on: July 2, 2016, 07:34:10 pm »
If Klopp decides to keep him, then I have every confidence. Klopp appears to be an amazing motivator and that's what Balotelli needs.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #60 on: July 2, 2016, 07:34:34 pm »
He's a disruptive egotist with debatable talent and in over 40 years of supporting our club I can't really recall any players less suited to the Liverpool ethos.

I hope Klopp is in the process of sorting his future out, one that involves Mario being as far away from us as possible.

Paul Ince with his S*n ads?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 2, 2016, 07:35:54 pm »
How does Mario not fit it? (I'm not saying you're wrong by the way, I'm just interested in your answer)

He's lazy, static, self centred player who puts himself above the needs of the team and has a history of totally ignoring what the manager tells him
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 2, 2016, 07:41:09 pm »

The only place he could fit in is playing behind the striker where we are stacked. He doesn't work hard enough, he'll come to deep and leave the striker isolated if he plays there.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #63 on: July 2, 2016, 08:03:04 pm »
We have to pay to get rid of him, due to his ridculous wages, and we probably should.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #64 on: July 2, 2016, 08:03:10 pm »

It's only because Benteke is a saleable asset where as Balotelli may find no buyer or even someone paying his wages on a loan. In that case he's stuck with Liverpool and we're stuck with him.

How do you deal with that, make him train by himself or try and make the best of it?

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #65 on: July 2, 2016, 08:03:40 pm »
As the Hodge is free right now, we could bring him in to just train Balo, you know, in the way he wanted to train Daniel. The combination would defy the laws of physics.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 2, 2016, 08:04:39 pm »
It's only because Benteke is a saleable asset where as Balotelli may find no buyer or even someone paying his wages on a loan. In that case he's stuck with Liverpool and we're stuck with him.

How do you deal with that, make him train by himself or try and make the best of it?
What's left on his contract?

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 2, 2016, 08:09:12 pm »
Back in training today.

Nice to see Darth Vader back at the training ground as well.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #68 on: July 2, 2016, 08:16:44 pm »
What's left on his contract?

Didn't he sign a 3 year deal? In which case - 1 year.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 2, 2016, 08:18:44 pm »

Release him then if we are stuck with him it would cost roughly the same as paying his wages for a year.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #70 on: July 2, 2016, 08:20:01 pm »
It's looking like we won't even be able to shift him for a knockdown bargain-basement price.
Hell- he won't even be a draw at Cash Converters!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #71 on: July 2, 2016, 08:20:35 pm »
One of the most talented players in the world, but the brain and the mentality are simply not there.

Don't mind what he's said today

But how the fuck do you come to the conclusion that he's one of the most talented players in the world? I mean, I hear it often about Balotelli but when has he ever even come close to that level? Even when he was much better when he was younger, he was never even close to being one of the best or most talented players in the world.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #72 on: July 2, 2016, 08:35:19 pm »
Release him then if we are stuck with him it would cost roughly the same as paying his wages for a year.

Liverpool's own Winston Bogarde.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #73 on: July 2, 2016, 08:45:45 pm »
Was this in an interview or press release?

Mistranslation - the lad is a balloon who should be shown the door.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 2, 2016, 09:51:24 pm »
I could probably name a hundred strikers i'd rather see play for us than balotelli. He wont play for us again anyway. Sold to china or will be loaned on deadline day
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 2, 2016, 10:05:08 pm »
I can't remember who it was, but someone on The Anfield Wrap over a year ago said roughly along the lines of "Football fans have this thing about Balotelli, that if the right manager can unlock it, he will light the world on fire, but it's all just a myth, yes he has talent but isn't this world class goal machine waiting to be motivated"

I can understand, for example Euro 2012, but aside from that, I echo the above sentiment, if he has his head right he can score a decent amount, but nowhere near Balon D'or territory.

A popular opinion that was held, before he came here.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #76 on: July 2, 2016, 10:07:32 pm »
Klopp won't take his shit. 

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #77 on: July 2, 2016, 10:09:31 pm »
Anybody think Klopp thinking he can get the best out of Mario ?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #78 on: July 2, 2016, 10:12:03 pm »
I think Klopp will work him into the ground. 

He'll shape up or be fucked off sharpish like

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #79 on: July 2, 2016, 10:12:14 pm »

Yeah maybe, but Balotelli at his best would still be at odds with how Klopp sets up.

I'd imagine it's more to do with maybe hooking someone if it looks like there's a fit, motivated Balotelli looking great in training.....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.