Author Topic: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)  (Read 539448 times)

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Joel Matip!
« Reply #1000 on: January 16, 2017, 03:45:55 pm »

Article five of Annexe 1 on the release of players to association teams reads as follows: "A player who has been called up by his association for one of its representative teams is, unless otherwise agreed by the relevant association, not entitled to play for the club with which he is registered during the period for which he has been released or should have been released pursuant to the provisions of this annexe, plus an additional period of five days."

Eh? So even though he wasn't selected for the final 23 man squad he cannot play for his club? What kind of bizarre twisted logic is this??

They didn't pick him in the final squad so why should it matter?
YWNA

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: January 16, 2017, 03:50:47 pm »
Also, has he actually officially retired? Has there even been any publication on this? Because if he has surely all this is inconsequential.
YWNA

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1002 on: January 16, 2017, 03:52:51 pm »
"We can confirm that Liverpool FC contacted FIFA about the matter to which you refer," the spokesperson said. "Our services answered by directing the club to the applicable provisions [Annexe 1 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players] in particular its art.5."

Article five of Annexe 1 on the release of players to association teams reads as follows: "A player who has been called up by his association for one of its representative teams is, unless otherwise agreed by the relevant association, not entitled to play for the club with which he is registered during the period for which he has been released or should have been released pursuant to the provisions of this annexe, plus an additional period of five days."

So the maximum time we could be without him is to the 11th February (AFCON Final on 5th February plus 5 days). We are due to play Spurs on that day and he would miss:

Plymouth (FA Cup)
Swansea (Premier League)
Southampton (League Cup)
FA Cup 4th round if we get through
Chelsea (Premier League)
Hull(Premier League)

So potentially seven matches including United, an absolute fucking shambles.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: January 16, 2017, 04:00:59 pm »
he wasn't selected so how the fuck is that possible?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1004 on: January 16, 2017, 04:10:50 pm »
It really is an amazing situation and just shows how utterly inept (as well as corrupt) these football associations are, both at national and international levels.

Surely our legal team should've been able to sort this out well before is came to this? If FIFA cannot even reply then what the fuck do they do all day apart from taking bribes? I can only hope that this is sorted out in the coming days, and Matip comes out publicly to say he will never represent Cameroon whilst the present administration/management is in charge.

Yeah, absolutely. Especially the African football associations, they are probably the most corrupt in the world.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1005 on: January 16, 2017, 04:12:16 pm »
I've a feeling he was never in line to play yesterday, but we used the high profile nature of the game to push FIFA for an answer so he is OK'd to play in time for future games.
he was in training last week, i reckon he would have played
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #1006 on: January 16, 2017, 04:14:20 pm »
What I cant understand is why we've reached this stage having had the issue rumbling away in the background for months. Always looked and sounded dodgy. Could we not have pre-empted this and got clarification weeks ago?

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: January 16, 2017, 04:15:45 pm »
What I cant understand is why we've reached this stage having had the issue rumbling away in the background for months. Always looked and sounded dodgy. Could we not have pre-empted this and got clarification weeks ago?
i think we have tried to and cant get an answer

one would assume that when he wasnt named in the cameroon squad that would be the end of it.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: January 16, 2017, 04:18:49 pm »
i think we have tried to and cant get an answer

one would assume that when he wasnt named in the cameroon squad that would be the end of it.

So if our lawyers are worth their salt surely we just play him then.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: January 16, 2017, 04:21:09 pm »

From our own Boss:

"Our understanding is Joel is retired from international football and we, the club, did everything we had to do to make this clear but until now we could not get the response we need to be 100 per cent sure that he can play," said the Liverpool manager.

"It's pretty difficult and pretty frustrating, to be honest. He's been in training for five days and would have been in the squad (against United) so I don't think it's fair.

"But we cannot do more and are still waiting on the decision. We could not take the risk.

"But we need to get an answer as quickly as possible because on Wednesday we have the next game and then another game and another game. We cannot wait forever."

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: January 16, 2017, 04:21:16 pm »
Fukking fuming about this! not selected! whats the problem?   
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1011 on: January 16, 2017, 04:23:25 pm »
Fukking fuming about this! not selected! whats the problem?   
If he hadn't been called up, what's the issue?

Fifa are being as hideously unhelpful as possible.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: January 16, 2017, 04:23:31 pm »
If we've genuinely fulfilled our obligations and can prove this then just play him.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: January 16, 2017, 04:25:10 pm »
So let me get this right, FIFA won't give us an answer but they'd wake up the minute we decide to play him and will conduct an investigation. That organisation needs taking apart it's a fucking disgrace.

If we've genuinely fulfilled our obligations and can prove this then just play him.

I was saying the other day how I'd just play him. It's not as though any investigation in the future will be a problem for us considering there's nothing to find. I'm guessing the club's lawyers would have passed on advice to FSG and co though.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:26:52 pm by mc_red22 »

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: January 16, 2017, 04:30:13 pm »
Bet you any money this takes a while and he misses more games, only for them to say yeah he can play.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: January 16, 2017, 04:31:40 pm »
Bet you any money this takes a while and he misses more games, only for them to say yeah he can play.

Reminds me of the Sakho situation. They took a ridiculous amount of time with that too.

On the other hand, it took them all of 5 minutes to allow Barcelona to start buying players after originally being banned from doing so.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: January 16, 2017, 04:34:55 pm »
I've a feeling he was never in line to play yesterday, but we used the high profile nature of the game to push FIFA for an answer so he is OK'd to play in time for future games.

Even if he couldn't have started, he would have been a brilliant option off the bench to go three at the back when they threw Fellaini on.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: January 16, 2017, 04:40:48 pm »
So if our lawyers are worth their salt surely we just play him then.
all well and good but if fifa want to be c*nts for it we could be causing problems for ourselves

as right as we are

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1018 on: January 16, 2017, 04:41:51 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matip-could-miss-liverpools-next-12462978

Cameroon are adamant Matip shouldn’t be allowed to play for Liverpool for the duration of the Africa Cup of Nations as he turned down the chance to play in the tournament in Gabon after being named in their provisional 35-man squad.

However, the 25-year-old defender, who hasn’t played for Cameroon since September 2015, considers himself retired from international football and had always made it clear that he wasn’t available for selection.

Liverpool have been infuriated by FIFA’s failure to provide any clarity on the issue. The world governing body have merely stated that if the Reds were to play Matip without Cameroon’s permission then it could lead to disciplinary action being taken.

A FIFA spokesman said: “We can confirm that Liverpool FC contacted FIFA about the matter and our services answered by directing the club to the applicable provisions.

“A player who has been called up by his association for one of its representative teams is, unless otherwise agreed by the relevant association, not entitled to play for the club with which he is registered during the period for which he has been released or should have been released pursuant to the provisions of this annexe, plus an additional period of five days.”

So was he retired ?

And even if your retired they can still stop you playing my for your club ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:44:24 pm by rocco »

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: January 16, 2017, 04:42:46 pm »

I don't think we should stand for that personally. This kind of s**t should be resolved in a matter of hours. 
They're probably wait to Cameroon are out and say yeah go ahead you're grand.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #1020 on: January 16, 2017, 04:53:38 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matip-could-miss-liverpools-next-12462978

Cameroon are adamant Matip shouldn’t be allowed to play for Liverpool for the duration of the Africa Cup of Nations as he turned down the chance to play in the tournament in Gabon after being named in their provisional 35-man squad.

However, the 25-year-old defender, who hasn’t played for Cameroon since September 2015, considers himself retired from international football and had always made it clear that he wasn’t available for selection.

Liverpool have been infuriated by FIFA’s failure to provide any clarity on the issue. The world governing body have merely stated that if the Reds were to play Matip without Cameroon’s permission then it could lead to disciplinary action being taken.

A FIFA spokesman said: “We can confirm that Liverpool FC contacted FIFA about the matter and our services answered by directing the club to the applicable provisions.

“A player who has been called up by his association for one of its representative teams is, unless otherwise agreed by the relevant association, not entitled to play for the club with which he is registered during the period for which he has been released or should have been released pursuant to the provisions of this annexe, plus an additional period of five days.”

So was he retired ?

But he was not selected for the final squad.

Did they write to us to tell us that he was required for the tournament 15 days before it started? Apparently if they don't write and tell us then we don't have to let him go

https://twitter.com/JakeFCohen/status/821002797646774272

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: January 16, 2017, 04:58:18 pm »

Did they write to us to tell us that he was required for the tournament 15 days before it started? Apparently if they don't write and tell us then we don't have to let him go

https://twitter.com/JakeFCohen/status/821002797646774272

I read as he was called up for the 35 man squad with the thinking he would be in the final squad , but when he said he didn't want to play they left him out of the 23 man squad with the attention of not letting him play for us either durning the tournament

Bunch of fucking kids

I don't get if he was retired or not ?

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: January 16, 2017, 05:01:51 pm »

So was he retired ?

What's probably happened, and I'm speculating, is that he has retired but Cameroon have refused to officially recognize it.

I'm resigned to the idea that this won't get resolved until Feb 6th once the tournament ends. Which would be so so typical but not surprising in the slightest. Such a gigantic fuck up.
YWNA

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: January 16, 2017, 05:02:41 pm »
Can not believe this has reached the stage we are at right now in possibly being without Joel for a month.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1024 on: January 16, 2017, 05:02:51 pm »
paul joyce ‏@_pauljoyce  3m3 minutes ago
Liverpool considering playing Matip at Plymouth and risking any fall out from Fifa.

Going to force the issue it seems

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: January 16, 2017, 05:03:10 pm »
What's probably happened, and I'm speculating, is that he has retired but Cameroon have refused to officially recognize it.

I'm resigned to the idea that this won't get resolved until Feb 6th once the tournament ends. Which would be so so typical but not surprising in the slightest. Such a gigantic fuck up.

Gut feeling is he was retired but maybe gave them some hope he could still play ?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1026 on: January 16, 2017, 05:05:50 pm »
Liverpool considering playing Matip at Plymouth and risking any fall out from Fifa.

Good for us. Take it all the way to the court of arbitration for sport, the entire situation is a farce. Every club side in Europe would back us, too.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1027 on: January 16, 2017, 05:05:52 pm »

this!

haha love it

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: January 16, 2017, 05:06:43 pm »

Interesting development. So they are basically going to force FIFA not to sit and twiddle their thumbs for a month and give them no choice but to start the investigation as soon as possible. If this is true then the club and their lawyers must be absolutely adamant that Matip is eligble to play otherwise they risk repercussions like points deductions.
YWNA

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: January 16, 2017, 05:07:31 pm »

Good.

Absolute morons

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1030 on: January 16, 2017, 05:08:12 pm »
Interesting development. So they are basically going to force FIFA not to sit and twiddle their thumbs for a month and give them no choice but to start the investigation as soon as possible. If this is true then the club and their lawyers must be absolutely adamant that Matip is eligble to play otherwise they risk repercussions like points deductions.

That is why it is smart to play him in the FA Cup

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1031 on: January 16, 2017, 05:09:48 pm »
Just play him Wednesday

The whole thing is idiotic
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1032 on: January 16, 2017, 05:11:05 pm »

They try that, we take them to court and the whole thing is over, no chance FIFA are going to risk a legal precedent being set here.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: January 16, 2017, 05:11:12 pm »
Just play him Wednesday

The whole thing is idiotic
I echo those thoughts too.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1034 on: January 16, 2017, 05:13:05 pm »
YJust caught up with this - fucking outrageous. We're literally being threatened with him sitting out a month for no reason??!!!!

Someone should take FIFA to international court over how they operate - it can't possibly be legal for them to dictate how an individual supplies their labour without compenstating them

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1035 on: January 16, 2017, 05:13:10 pm »
How can we be fined ?

He's retired
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: January 16, 2017, 05:16:59 pm »
Kin Hell this is Sakho from last season all over again. LFC look in danger of winning some stuff and some reason is found to stop one of our better performers playing.

Why on earth can't Fifa answer a simple question.

LFC: Hi Fifa you corrupt shitebags. Can we play Matip in our next game?

FIFA: Yes. Leave the envelope with Fergie in Manchester, he knows the procedure.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: January 16, 2017, 05:17:00 pm »

We definitely should, he's our player and an important part of our team.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: January 16, 2017, 05:18:25 pm »
They try that, we take them to court and the whole thing is over, no chance FIFA are going to risk a legal precedent being set here.
Is right. Everyone knows the whole "can't play for your club if you refuse to play for your country" is complete bollocks designed to try and keep International football relevant. 100% the CAS would be on our side so FIFA would be fucked. Also, any hint of irony in a west African country trying to make someone work for them against their will?

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: January 16, 2017, 05:21:34 pm »
Eh? So even though he wasn't selected for the final 23 man squad he cannot play for his club? What kind of bizarre twisted logic is this??

So very much this. Even tho the rules are... oh, not sure what word to use to describe that mess; seeing he was not intended to play the goddam competition any-fucking-hoots! Why stir shit then?!

Idiots all around.
@Yvanicuzz