Author Topic: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)  (Read 538163 times)

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Joel Matip!
« Reply #1080 on: January 16, 2017, 07:39:41 pm »
The CFA are being c*nts, they're bitter that the bloke doesn't want to play for them. No other FA would do this.

TBF didn't France force players not to retire. Domenechwas the manager. Makélélé, Thuram  or somebody. Because said you come back and play for France or we'll stop you playing for your club.

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Sport/Soccer/Makelele-forced-to-play-20060831

"The coach wanted to make me come back, even though I told him I did not wish to," Makelele said at France's training camp. "I really wanted to stop. The fact he put me in his list changed a lot of things. Because of the (Fifa) law, because of what may happen to Chelsea, I had to come."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:41:35 pm by peachybum »
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1081 on: January 16, 2017, 07:40:13 pm »
When does the rule about being retired from international football stop coming into effect in that a country can no longer call up a player? What I mean is, obviously Cameroon can still call up Matip, even though he has retired from International football. Can England still call up Alan Shearer or Gerrard for example, even though they have retired from playing altogether?

Don't understand if your retired they can still call you up ?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1082 on: January 16, 2017, 07:41:42 pm »

I don't understand any of it
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: January 16, 2017, 07:43:15 pm »

Matip has NOT retired from professional football.

You basically cannot retire from International football only, if your FA doesn't want you to.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1084 on: January 16, 2017, 07:44:55 pm »
Matip has NOT retired from professional football.

You basically cannot retire from International football only, if your FA doesn't want you to.

Right.

So it's up to Cameroon FA to be decent.

If we play him then what are the ramifications?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1085 on: January 16, 2017, 07:47:40 pm »
When does the rule about being retired from international football stop coming into effect in that a country can no longer call up a player? What I mean is, obviously Cameroon can still call up Matip, even though he has retired from International football. Can England still call up Alan Shearer or Gerrard for example, even though they have retired from playing altogether?

Good question, but don't expect a clear and unequivocal answer, because this falls under the auspices of FIFA.

The nub of this issue is that despite Matip being an LFC employee, International football actually trumps club football, because as things stand, FIFA is the umbrella organisation to all other associations and all clubs.

Given their (FIFA's) reputation and standing is at an all time low, maybe it's a good time to invoke a test case that goes to the law courts?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1086 on: January 16, 2017, 07:53:27 pm »
If FIFA can't be arsed to step in and sort it then surely we can risk playing him. Surely they wouldn't show double standards and get involved just ro punish us (don't answer that!)?

Offline ctyapt

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #1087 on: January 16, 2017, 07:54:55 pm »
Seems a mad situation, I really can't see this standing up if it did end up in court,you can't restrict a persons freedom, even footy players have rights. The idea of protecting international football is a dodgy one cos if this is forced to a head in a Bosman type ruling I'm pretty sure the players rights would be upheld and FIFA and the national bodies wouldn't have any recourse in future.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1088 on: January 16, 2017, 07:58:21 pm »
If FIFA can't be arsed to step in and sort it then surely we can risk playing him. Surely they wouldn't show double standards and get involved just ro punish us (don't answer that!)?

Can't Fifa call Cameroon FA now ?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: January 16, 2017, 07:59:10 pm »
Duncan Ferguson did what the fuck he wanted, have the rules changed?

Surely Matip has some legal recourse against FIFA for not permitting him to earn his full potential. What if a player simply doesn't want to play for his country because he hates them (Keane) or because he wants to stay injury free (Scoles, Carragher).

This is all fucking bollox.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: January 16, 2017, 08:04:15 pm »
I can't recall who, where or what, but I remember a player coming back from the African Cup of Nations a few years back to the Premier League due to "injury", and then appearing in a match day squad as the ACN was still ongoing. That is shitty, and if the Joel Matip saga was anything along those lines, I'd completely agree with the Cameroon FA.

However;

It isn't. He hasn't played for them since 2015 and wasn't selected to be in their final squad. Does that mean any Cameroonian international, not currently with the national squad is banned from playing for their respective clubs?

We should play him against Plymouth, no doubt. FIFA haven't got a clue, and what kind of precedent does it set if Matip has to sit it out until Cameroon are knocked out in future? Every time they have a match and Matip isn't included, does he have to sit it out? Nah, play him and show FIFA and the Cameroon FA they can't hold Liverpool and Joel Matip hostage.

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1091 on: January 16, 2017, 08:05:53 pm »
I would imagine they can but being retired from football altogether they wouldn't have to worry about not playing for their club so is a moot point.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1092 on: January 16, 2017, 08:05:57 pm »
Plus he wasn't in the original squad.

Play him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1093 on: January 16, 2017, 08:07:10 pm »

Think it's whilst they're registered for a club team.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: January 16, 2017, 08:08:30 pm »
Right.

So it's up to Cameroon FA to be decent.

If we play him then what are the ramifications?

Possible fine and points deduction in the league or possibly kicked out of the cup we play him in I'd guess.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: January 16, 2017, 08:09:19 pm »
Duncan Ferguson did what the fuck he wanted, have the rules changed?

Surely Matip has some legal recourse against FIFA for not permitting him to earn his full potential. What if a player simply doesn't want to play for his country because he hates them (Keane) or because he wants to stay injury free (Scoles, Carragher).

This is all fucking bollox.

Makes no sense

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: January 16, 2017, 08:09:27 pm »
I'm not sure what the value in playing him on Wednesday actually is that knowing how slowly the appropriate bodies move over disciplinary procedures, we won't be any the wiser for the following games anyway. They'll take a month over deciding if it was a problem or not by which time we'd have played all the league games we'd have wanted him for.

I'd be amazed if anyone at FIFA or the FA is in any way arsed enough to get up off their backside and seek a quick resolution to this. All they are currently doing is searching the internet looking for a swanky enough hotel/office where they can hold any potential meeting, and what the menu options might be.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: January 16, 2017, 08:10:19 pm »
Can't the FA grow a pair ?

Offline Micky55

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1098 on: January 16, 2017, 08:10:48 pm »
While all these shenanigans are taking place who is paying his wages? We should seek compensation from the CFA, that would speed things up.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1099 on: January 16, 2017, 08:12:08 pm »
Possible fine and points deduction in the league or possibly kicked out of the cup we play him in I'd guess.

It would just be made up tho

There are no set fines

If they won't intervene then they are in the wrong.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: January 16, 2017, 08:16:17 pm »
It would just be made up tho

There are no set fines

If they won't intervene then they are in the wrong.

They're in the wrong either way, basically stopping a person (nevermind a footballer,) the freedom to do as he wishes, and also stopping an employee working for his employer.

It's dodgy as fuck and frankly, we should just play him because whatever they do will be able to be overturned in the CAS imo.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1101 on: January 16, 2017, 08:17:58 pm »
Merry New Year!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: January 16, 2017, 08:23:24 pm »
We should threaten to sue the c*nts, this would never stand up in a court of law and I doubt the Cameroon FA could risk losing that case from a financial point of view.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1103 on: January 16, 2017, 08:27:00 pm »

Maybe a silly question but do FIFA have the power to deduct points from us in the league or kick us out of the cup?  Surely that's down to the FA/Premier League?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1104 on: January 16, 2017, 08:28:29 pm »
Just fucking play him.

I can't for the life of me understand how this is a thing, no one is duty bound to play for their fucking country.

Get to absolute fuck.
:D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1105 on: January 16, 2017, 08:34:14 pm »
This needs sorting.

Our season could be fucked up here.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #1106 on: January 16, 2017, 08:42:30 pm »
So, after the Sakho saga, we get screwed again by those bent c*nts who run the biggest FAs. Fuckin typical!

I hope our lawyer is fuckin busy as hell threatening these fuckers to file a law suit. How on earth you are forced to play for a team you dont fuckin want to?! What if Millie is called up after retiring and doesn't want to go? Shall he not be allowed to play for us?

This has to be an absolute of a fuckin joke.

Just play him on Wednesday and get him match fit for the upcoming busy period till the end of the month. If they fine us in any way, just hire the most expensive lawyers on the fuckin planet, and make sure they cover the fees when we win the case by CAS!

He wasn't even called up for the final squad for fuck's sake.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:44:05 pm by Jetmir M. »

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: January 16, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »
Liverpool are ready to defy FIFA and play Joel Matip against Plymouth Argyle in Wednesday night’s FA Cup third round replay. (James Pearce)

Liverpool believe the evidence in Matip’s favour is so conclusive that putting him back in the team is a risk worth taking. (James Pearce)

A final decision will be made tomorrow over Matip’s participation at Home Park but Klopp is keen to get him back in the side. (James Pearce)

#LFC could be hit with a heavy fine or expulsion from the FA Cup for playing Matip but are confident it won’t come to that. (James Pearce)

Both Matip & #LFC are adamant he's fulfilled all criteria to avoid being selected & investigation would find in their favour. (James Pearce)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joel-matip-latest-liverpool-ready-12464219.amp
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:47:16 pm by Caston »

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1108 on: January 16, 2017, 08:52:32 pm »
Liverpool are ready to defy FIFA and play Joel Matip against Plymouth Argyle in Wednesday night’s FA Cup third round replay. (James Pearce)

Liverpool believe the evidence in Matip’s favour is so conclusive that putting him back in the team is a risk worth taking. (James Pearce)

A final decision will be made tomorrow over Matip’s participation at Home Park but Klopp is keen to get him back in the side. (James Pearce)

#LFC could be hit with a heavy fine or expulsion from the FA Cup for playing Matip but are confident it won’t come to that. (James Pearce)

Both Matip & #LFC are adamant he's fulfilled all criteria to avoid being selected & investigation would find in their favour. (James Pearce)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joel-matip-latest-liverpool-ready-12464219.amp

Klopp doesn't strike me as someone who will put up with obvious bollocks. So I hope he decides to play Matip on Wednesday. The club has a legal department and the resources to fight any adverse repercussions.

Bring it on I say.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #1109 on: January 16, 2017, 08:55:24 pm »

That's fuckin ace from the club. Refreshing to see the club take a stand against these corrupt pricks, and not bent over like with the case of a certain Luis Suarez.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1110 on: January 16, 2017, 08:56:16 pm »
Don't think I've ever told anyone this, but I'm a massive fan of Burkina Faso, Gabon and Guinea-Bissau. Its like I have a calling to support and care for them.

A great bunch of lads.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1111 on: January 16, 2017, 08:58:05 pm »
Can't the FA grow a pair ?
Best joke I've heard in ages!  ;D
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1112 on: January 16, 2017, 09:00:37 pm »
Hopefully we've still got Sakho's lawyer on the payroll.  Nothing to worry about if so.   :)
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #1113 on: January 16, 2017, 09:46:09 pm »
It would be interesting to see this end up in the courts. I would think that EU law would side heavily towards the  rights of workers, that while upholding the system of international games would be a legitimate objective this particular measure would be disproportionate.
The system would be fine if ti provided that a player was able to make the decision to retire or declare themselves no longer eligible for international duty, it would still protect players who wanted to represent their countries.
Also given the evidence behind the way players are called up, it is necessary, how many other players have "retired" in this manner, are clubs putting pressure on players to do this, the evidence as Liverpool would not suggest that given Mane was released,
The only issue is how corrupt all football governing bodies are in that it could take a fight through the courts.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: January 16, 2017, 10:09:12 pm »
Just fucking play him.

I can't for the life of me understand how this is a thing, no one is duty bound to play for their fucking country.

Get to absolute fuck.

I can't understand why a country's manager would call up/pick a player who has said that he doesn't want to play for them any more.

"Hi, fancy coming to play for your country in a major tournament?"
"No thanks"
"That's just the attitude I'm looking for. You're in"

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: January 16, 2017, 10:15:52 pm »
TBF didn't France force players not to retire. Domenechwas the manager. Makélélé, Thuram  or somebody. Because said you come back and play for France or we'll stop you playing for your club.

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Sport/Soccer/Makelele-forced-to-play-20060831

Platini threatened Ribery with fines and banning him from playing for his club but don't think anything came of it not sure if Ribery agreed to play or not.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #1116 on: January 16, 2017, 10:17:00 pm »
I'm surprised this hasn't been to court already elsewhere. As far as I am concerned if the Cameroon FA wish to prevent Matip from playing then there is a legal argument to prevent any footballer currently affiliated with Cameroon to be participating in any league competition anywhere in the world while the AFCON is on. Additionally, Cameroon had the option all along to pick him, even if for example LFC's medical team suggested that they shouldn't - they could have insisted he travel, assessed him and then decided whether or not to pick him. By not picking him they could be seen to be saying he is not required for the tournament, therefore there are no reasons why he should not be available for his club team.

But the nub of the matter is that in potentially being deliberate in targeting Matip the Cameroon FA could be seen as exhibiting discriminatory behaviour, which is against their own code of ethics. However FIFA wish to dress it, this has the hallmarks of Bosman mk2. If the Cameroon FA don't give the proper clearance LFC's lawyers will be all over them like a rash.

Offline niallers

• Anny Roader
  • "dont worry marge,its only a quilt....MY COOKIE!"
« Reply #1117 on: January 16, 2017, 10:25:09 pm »
Few weeks back on the bbc website,a sports lawyer said that for a contract and players registration to be ratified by fifa,it has to contain a clause so that the club is LEGALLY OBLIGED to release players for internationals. 
in america 1st you get the sugar then you get the power then you get the women

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: January 16, 2017, 10:32:20 pm »
Few weeks back on the bbc website,a sports lawyer said that for a contract and players registration to be ratified by fifa,it has to contain a clause so that the club is LEGALLY OBLIGED to release players for internationals. 
I reluctantly understand the principle behind that, what I find frustrating is the volition of the player doesn't seem to be given any consideration. It's fucking scandalous.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: January 16, 2017, 10:42:41 pm »
if he wanted to go, we would be releasing him. Matip doesn't want to go, so it should be as simple as that.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now