Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1781014 times)

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #10680 on: May 13, 2021, 11:20:35 pm »
I think it's just his pent up frustration showing. He's had a mare of a season and he's been one to not show that frustration until it comes out one day and paints a poor picture. I dont think its anything serious.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10681 on: May 13, 2021, 11:35:27 pm »
He has spent most of this season playing the opponent with his body than actually playing the ball..just feels like he wants to pick a fight every game..has also got into an all too often habit of slowing the game down in possession..then trying to burst past opponents from a standing start..puzzling
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10682 on: May 13, 2021, 11:35:28 pm »
These things happen with footballers though, he's disappointed and probably worried too as he can't put his finger on what's wrong. The interview about him the other day said a lot about his mind. Let's put it behind us, it won't bother Klopp overall who will sort it out behind closed doors.

oh yeah I  know it happens, and nornally it’s pretty much ok (i,e, heat of the  moment when a player is upset to be subbed off), but that tonight was just really off from him.  After a great win, to bring focus on to something like that, just shit behaviour as it wasn’t spur of the moment. The game was over, points where earnt, no excuse whatever the dissapointment at his form.  But yes, Kloppo will play it down in public.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #10683 on: May 13, 2021, 11:40:38 pm »
Sad to see that sort of reaction.

Sadio....grow up!

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #10684 on: May 13, 2021, 11:45:35 pm »
I’ve just seen this ‘snub’

It looked like Sadio didn’t see him as he went from behind and Jurgen thought he did
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #10685 on: May 13, 2021, 11:47:17 pm »
Best thing mane can do now is to go out and score a hat trick in the next game and give a couple of assists to mo  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10686 on: May 13, 2021, 11:47:52 pm »

It looked like Sadio didn’t see him as he went from behind and Jurgen thought he did

He 100% saw him.  Klopp has said as much.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #10687 on: May 13, 2021, 11:49:18 pm »
Needs to pull his lip off the floor, apologize for being a shit and move on

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10688 on: May 14, 2021, 12:00:25 am »
The last time Sadio threw a hissy fit we went on to win the league. If you’re going to do it though, it’s probably a good idea not to be stinking the place out with your performances.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10689 on: May 14, 2021, 12:02:06 am »
Is anyone genuinely arsed? It will be forgotten quickly and move on

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #10690 on: May 14, 2021, 12:03:56 am »
Really shit reaction there from Mane, was very disrespectful that.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10691 on: May 14, 2021, 12:16:13 am »
Puzzling really. He’s been in bad form for a while, Klopp if anything has been constantly giving him loads of encouragement, you can see him after he does something in a match being all over him with praise after the whistle, so the reaction doesn’t really add up. Like others have said surely he has expected to be dropped for a long while. Must have been something petty imo, maybe being subbed late or something, to then play shit won’t have helped.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10692 on: May 14, 2021, 12:16:24 am »

only arsed cos it’s such a selfish thing to do, one of our best wins of the season and he decides to behave like a petulant disrespectful child towards his greatest supporter in Jürgen Klopp. Made all the more bizarre as he’s admitted what a poor year he’s having. He is lucky he’s not been sat on the bench far more this season, he would have been if Jota hadn’t been out for so long.

Anyway, I’ve had my say, on to some more team oriented threads  ;D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #10693 on: May 14, 2021, 12:22:01 am »
Been saying all season that rotating the front 3 with Jota (thus making each one fight for their place) is what we should've been doing, instead of relegating Jota to the Forever Sub or playing all 4 together like we did in the City Games. The ones who have been struggling with form...It's not because they're shit all of a sudden. They are just exhausted. Last week it was Bobby's turn to be benched; this time it was Sadio who lost out in training. That's the way it should be. And I don't expect them to be happy about it. Mo was pretty pissed off too when Minamino started over him in the Palace game and we won 7-0. Rotation is good for the team. If we are to have any chance of competing with City our Front Four will have to learn how to share.

As for Sadio's reaction this evening, he's probably more disappointed with himself for missing that chance when Trent put it on a plate for him. Let's not forget that Sadio was one of the driving forces behind us winning the league. He's going through a bad patch, that's all. He's lost a little bit of pace but there's nothing there that a summer of rest couldn't fix.

And am sure he and Kloppo have kissed and made up by now. Let's not make a big deal out of this.   

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10694 on: May 14, 2021, 12:27:53 am »
Not arsed about his reaction,those of us who have played any sport have done it.

The lads will rip the piss out of him and it will all e forgotten.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10695 on: May 14, 2021, 12:29:58 am »
Yeah the little hissy fit doesn't really worry me.

The continued absence of anything vaguely approaching decent form however...

Offline Richie69

• Benefits from 20:20 hindsight because he owns a time machine and a perfect decision making brain.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #10696 on: May 14, 2021, 12:30:58 am »
The only one of the forward three who should be guaranteed a start in a big game would be Salah.   

Bobby and Sadio have done nowhere near enough this year.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #10697 on: May 14, 2021, 12:34:40 am »
I love Sadio to bits, and I think he's world class on his day, but people trying to justify him disrespecting Jurgen Klopp in public are utterly insane.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10698 on: May 14, 2021, 12:39:24 am »

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10699 on: May 14, 2021, 01:09:11 am »
Another angle

https://twitter.com/90thmin/status/1392954906944974861?s=24

Just throwing it out there, as the whole thing doesn’t make sense to me, could Mane not just have thought: I played dog shit again, I’m pissed off with myself and don’t deserve a ‘well done’ or big hug as Klopp normally gives him.

He doesn’t throw his hands at Klopp or anything just shakes his head, more in disappointment rather than spite. Just playing the other side really as no one has a clue but also as the thought that he ‘snubbed’ or ‘disrespected’ Klopp doesn’t add up so much.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #10700 on: May 14, 2021, 01:09:20 am »
He 100% saw him.  Klopp has said as much.

Yeah seem the angle now

Not great. Especially winning at OT

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10701 on: May 14, 2021, 01:12:41 am »
Load of fuss about nothing. Footballer in 'being human' shocker.

Offline Kraken

• Main Stander
« Reply #10702 on: May 14, 2021, 01:13:57 am »
He can certainly be unhappy/pissed off about not starting..

No, he can't. When the starting 3 forwards score 4 goals between them the manager has wholly vindicated his team selection. There is no reason for Mane to be unhappy.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10703 on: May 14, 2021, 01:29:18 am »

Alternative facts.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10704 on: May 14, 2021, 07:33:01 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10705 on: May 14, 2021, 08:04:43 am »
He's only human like the rest of us. Pissed off like the rest of us and that his form has deserted him.

Bet Klopp picks him for WBA and he'll be a possessed maniac.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10706 on: May 14, 2021, 08:12:59 am »
Just throwing it out there, as the whole thing doesn’t make sense to me, could Mane not just have thought: I played dog shit again, I’m pissed off with myself and don’t deserve a ‘well done’ or big hug as Klopp normally gives him.

He doesn’t throw his hands at Klopp or anything just shakes his head, more in disappointment rather than spite. Just playing the other side really as no one has a clue but also as the thought that he ‘snubbed’ or ‘disrespected’ Klopp doesn’t add up so much.

This is how I understood it. Why on earth would you snub a handshake at the end of a game your team just won when you've been so out of form? Doesn't make sense. Probably just annoyed at his own performance
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10707 on: May 14, 2021, 08:17:31 am »
This is how I understood it. Why on earth would you snub a handshake at the end of a game your team just won when you've been so out of form? Doesn't make sense. Probably just annoyed at his own performance

By the sounds of it, it was a last minute decision to replace him with Jota. Klopp actually said afterwards normally he would talk to the player but there wasn't time to do that. I think its just frustration on Mane's part. He has been stressed out this season worrying about his form that article where they said he got himself checked by a doctor I think points to it. I read an article the other day and his stats are not that different to last year's with the exception of his conversation rate. He just needs to calm down a little bit, stop overthinking and play his normal game. More than anything, he's needs a rest and a full pre-season, he will be fine after that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #10708 on: May 14, 2021, 08:18:49 am »
I get he's pissed off, but publicly disrespecting your manager, the one man who has backed you for the last few years, is out of order.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10709 on: May 14, 2021, 08:20:34 am »
I get he's pissed off, but publicly disrespecting your manager, the one man who has backed you for the last few years, is out of order.

He didn't disrespect him, he just wasn't in the mood for a hug or a fist bump.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #10710 on: May 14, 2021, 08:25:57 am »
Klopp has played down Sadio Mane's frustrated post-match reaction in interview... For sure he understands his own player.

No offense taken. Much more important things to be done next.

Love Sadio. Played an important role in our previous Premier League and Champions League title charges.

Simple, front three rotation with the presence of Diogo Jota (24 years old) is going to benefit us in the long term and makes us more dynamic in attack.

Again, love Sadio.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10711 on: May 14, 2021, 09:05:59 am »
Do we need any more proof this is a clone? The real Sadio Mane would not behave like that.

Not after Klopp stood by him and played him repeatedly while he did little more than pick fights with people and fall over.  Not after Klopp picked Mane over Jota even though Jota was on fire, until he got injured in a meaningless game because Mane was the designated starter, and we went from first to seventh.

The club must demand a full refund from the Chinese clone factory. This is not what we ordered. If the club needs any “help”, I know someone who speaks Cantonese, who knows people.  8)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 09:12:40 am by FLRed67 »

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10712 on: May 14, 2021, 09:11:53 am »
Sad to see that sort of reaction.

Sadio....grow up!

That's the insight we all can take from this. Very childish behaviour from him. Look I'm not concerned, it wasn't a big thing really but after an important win against Man Utd he should act bigger than that. And then uploading two Instagram photos of only himself afterwards looks like the actions from just that, an angry child.

It's up to him to show that he deserves to start, if this helps then fine, just a bit late to the season.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #10713 on: May 14, 2021, 09:19:50 am »

Nah, you're right. It's toys out of the pram stuff in the moment. Klopp took it on himself post-match cos it's stuff for behind closed doors to hammer out. Three matches to grind out results and then get these players as much of a decent break as possible before a good pre-season.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10714 on: May 14, 2021, 09:23:42 am »
Klopp's a grown-up, he can take it. He looked a bit put out when it happened, but you can bet if it had been one of Mourinho's players doing that, he'd have got right in his face. I would expect Klopp to have a word with Mane in private and that will be the end of it.

Sadio has had a poor season by his standards, so his frustration is understandable. I reckon his reaction was as much a sign of his disappointment in himself for not scoring - he had a golden chance laid on a plate for him and fluffed it. That's going to hurt, especially when all the other forwards did get on the score sheet.

He looks burnt out to me. Really needs a proper break from football over the summer. Fingers crossed he'll get his mojo back for the start of next season.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #10715 on: May 14, 2021, 09:44:47 am »
Sell him immediately.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10716 on: May 14, 2021, 09:52:21 am »

In these days of 24 hour sports media drama, this will be analysed and dissected over the next 3 games. Mane's body language will be pored over in the next games he plays. It will fuel transfer speculation and our manager will have to field annoying questions about it.  It was monumentally childish from Mane and I hope he has apologised to the manager.

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10717 on: May 14, 2021, 09:53:06 am »
Storm in a tea cup

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10718 on: May 14, 2021, 10:21:15 am »
Snow in a soup bowl

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10719 on: May 14, 2021, 11:01:27 am »
He's not happy, he barely celebrates scoring.
I think either him or Salah will leave in the summer, they have definitely fallen out.