Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 669672 times)

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I said months back that I wouldn't be surprised to see Klopp have him down as our first choice striker going into the new season. As good as Sturridge is, he doesn't contribute to the team in the way that Divock does.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
He was our first choice striker before his injury and I don't think we've seen anything since that to suggest it won't remain the case come the first game of the season.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
I think Klopp will be very smart in how he manages Sturridge. He has said as much in the past that a pragmatic approach is needed because of his injury record. So for Origi, his mindset should be "my time is now."
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
It's amazing how ignorant rival fans are about this guy. Whenever I speak about how good he is or how good he could be, I'm met with the usual "voted in worst Ligue 1 team lol can't be that good" or "Martial is so much better". They clearly haven't watched him play at all.

Beast.

Yeah I have an Arsenal mate who quotes that Ligue 1 thing. Hope he starts at the Emirates so he gets a closer look!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
It's amazing how ignorant rival fans are about this guy. Whenever I speak about how good he is or how good he could be, I'm met with the usual "voted in worst Ligue 1 team lol can't be that good" or "Martial is so much better". They clearly haven't watched him play at all.

Beast.

There were members on RAWK that were saying the same, almost exactly a year ago.
"Hadn't played well in France, England was even more difficult, we need to stop taking punts on potential" etc
To be fair, there seemed to be far more that thought he had talent and potential, but we've also got our share of whoppers.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I have an Arsenal mate who quotes that Ligue 1 thing. Hope he starts at the Emirates so he gets a closer look!

He could do an Ngog like in Hodgson's first league game.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan

That was a brilliant goal.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
Can quote me on this. I reckon he'll end up as good as what Henry was for Arsenal. Perhaps not similar numbers stat wise, but I do think he'll be easily our best striker. Yes, better than Sturridge.

This is the kind if post that gets reposted on Redcafe.

If he scores another goal in preseason you'll have the lad as the next Messi.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Whoever has a good game is going to be the starter. First was Ings now it is Origi.
We can't celebrate having good options and a strong bench.

We can but it's not really a given that Origi will simply be a good option on a strong bench.

That's not a slight on Sturridge at all, it's a testament to the progress that Origi has made and recognition that he was getting selected ahead of Sturridge in some important games last season.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
We can but it's not really a given that Origi will simply be a good option on a strong bench.

That's not a slight on Sturridge at all, it's a testament to the progress that Origi has made and recognition that he was getting selected ahead of Sturridge in some important games last season.

I meant Sturridge and Origi being good options to start and from the bench.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Who cares what gets reposted on RedCafe?

Origi is a brilliant talent. Still young and raw, but with potential to become one of the finest strikers this league has ever seen. If he has the right attitude, he is at the perfect place under the perfect manager to achieve that.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
He's really fast and combined with Mane it should be a good ploy against any slower teams, to say the least. See Tearing of, new ones for details.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
I love his temperament. No flashy shit, takes kicks and shrugs them off, strong as an ox and quick as hell. Comes across as a really humble fella too in interviews. Think he could explode this year

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
Mane     Origi     Ojo

Best of luck Mertesacker...

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
Mane     Origi     Ojo

Best of luck Mertesacker...
Given he'll be on the treatment table for our match, I'm sure he appreciates that  :D
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
Balls. Whether it's us or the opposition... We always have shit luck with injuries...

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Who'll do the Joe Cole?!

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
He looks a different player compared to when he first arrived.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat out Sturridge to the starting spot, but Sturridge still has so much ability.  To start to see Divock as our starter over Sturridge is nothing to be taken lightly hats off to him for having improved so much in so little time.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
as much as as i would like that, probably not happening. it's a tall order to say the least

Klopp has a bit of a problem on his hands here. Some might say it's one of those "good problems". We don't have that many games this season, relatively. So if both are fit, who gets the nod? Sturridge, one of the best strikers we've had in recent times, or Origi who is slowly becoming better and better but fits his system much more than Sturridge.Obviously there will be rotation, but it might be an issue if Klopp feels he doesn't need to rotate but might not want to give one of them too few minutes. And I don't see us playing with two up top theat much given our plethora of midfielders. Tricky situation to be honest

Assuming both are available:

Origi to start. Sturridge to come on later in the game where there's a bit more space, the marking's a bit more lax to use his touch and control to make a difference.

Origi is a striker now but I remember watching him when we were first linked and he worked a lot from wide; has good skill and awareness in the 1 v 1 as well. He can do a fair bit of what makes Sturridge special. Only a Sturridge at 100 percent keeps him out, sadly it seems that player is no more.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Assuming both are available:

Origi to start. Sturridge to come on later in the game where there's a bit more space, the marking's a bit more lax to use his touch and control to make a difference.

Origi is a striker now but I remember watching him when we were first linked and he worked a lot from wide; has good skill and awareness in the 1 v 1 as well. He can do a fair bit of what makes Sturridge special. Only a Sturridge at 100 percent keeps him out, sadly it seems that player is no more.

I really wouldn't write off Sturridge just yet though. He still is a superb finisher and he's still a lot better at Origi at finding the spaces. To sum it up, Origi is good against teams that play a high line, Sturridge is better against teams that park the bus.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
WE ARE LIVERPOOL COUNTRY.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
WE ARE LIVERPOOL COUNTRY.

HE IS BIG DIVVY.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's so strong and athletic. I don't think he's never not been but he's obviously bulked up. When he first came he just didn't know where to run and when to run, remember watching him in a league cup game and his timing and decision making was poor but he's worked hard and now he's always available to receive the ball, he's working off the by ball, he's a handful on it and if he can keep finishing like that then there aren't many players with an all round game like that.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
I won't say that Origi will take over from Sturridge as our undisputed first choice striker this season, but he does feel like he's got the potential for us to gradually build a team around him over the coming seasons.

It's not just the talent, either. He seems like he's got a very good head on his shoulders, and says all things you want to hear from a player. Not just a player who plays for Liverpool, but someone you could imagine forging a real connection with the fans in years to come. It's really exciting.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
Origi reminds me of Drogba in some ways.
The sky is the limit for this kid. If he can match is hard work, talent and ability, with that attitude, which winners like Suarez have, to never yield. He will be some player.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
I hope we see Origi and Sturridge play together for decent minutes this season. They should suit each other really well and there's no reason we can't get them both on the pitch. 

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
As people have said, there is so much going for this lad. I think we will see him show off more dribbling ability with his increased confidence this season.

He already improved his hold up play a lot by becoming physically stronger but one area I would like him to keep working hard on his finishing off header chances. He is a bit hit and miss now so if he can work on that with his impressive physique he can become a real aerial beast threat as well. Some players have tall physiques or are good at jumping but weren't naturally great headers like Ibra but worked on it to improve, some others like Balotelli didn't really.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He looks a different player compared to when he first arrived.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat out Sturridge to the starting spot, but Sturridge still has so much ability.  To start to see Divock as our starter over Sturridge is nothing to be taken lightly hats off to him for having improved so much in so little time.

What we need to celebrate is that we have 2 strikers, who are both good.
It's a great situation to be in.
Whether Origi starts at Arsenal or Sturridge, it doesn't really matter. Both will have plenty of opportunities to shine during the course of the season.
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
What we need to celebrate is that we have 2 strikers, who are both good.
It's a great situation to be in.
Whether Origi starts at Arsenal or Sturridge, it doesn't really matter. Both will have plenty of opportunities to shine during the course of the season.

And whoever doesn't start is a great option off the bench. Origi coming on late running at tiring defenders could be fun.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You're right, they really do need to find their own identity  ;)

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
I would start Origi, Arsenal defenders are mostly injured. He can dominate that Arsenal back line with his power.
Sturridge, would be playing Arsenal at their own game. Origi, gives us something else.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I would start Origi, Arsenal defenders are mostly injured. He can dominate that Arsenal back line with his power.
Sturridge, would be playing Arsenal at their own game. Origi, gives us something else.

???
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Really don't like the 1 striker at the top, Origi to start with someone alongside him

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
Think we'll see two strikers in about 8/38 league games (Relegation fighting teams) and as a sub tactic when we need a goal but not our main formation, especially against top 8 teams.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Think we'll see two strikers in about 8/38 league games (Relegation fighting teams) and as a sub tactic when we need a goal but not our main formation, especially against top 8 teams.
Yip I agree. Klopp's been doing just that since the turn of the year. When he's played Origi and Sturridge together, we'd score goals by the bucket load, because of the movement and havoc these two create. They don't necessaily score, but the team scores, incl. defense and midfield. When they play together up-top, then, funnily enough- we're A TEAM:everyone gets in on the act and they're all "uppity mobile".
« Last Edit: August 4, 2016, 12:21:01 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Will he be fit for the start of the season?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
Yip I agree. Klopp's been doing just that since the turn of the year. When he's played Origi and Sturridge together, we'd score goals by the bucket load, because of the movement and havoc these two create. They don't necessaily score, but the team scores, incl. defense and midfield. When they play together up-top, then, funnily enough- we're A TEAM:everyone gets in on the act and they're all "uppity mobile".

It's got to be the right kind of game because against the strong sides in the league, unless you're midfields are on top of their game, you can struggle to get control of the game.

The reason teams mostly play with one striker is because you can control the game much better and where you're playing it.

However, with a team like Leicester last season, they weren't interested in controlling the game, they just wanted to win the ball back wherever and just attack as quickly as possible.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
Will he be fit for the start of the season?

Nothing's been said that he shouldn't and probably will be involved at the weekend in either game. Didn't play against Roma because of a slight niggle that wasn't worth the risk.