Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 669641 times)

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
My idea early on was Sturridge and Firmino as our main options and Origi & Ings for our Cups for the next few years till they can force their way in. Thought both Ings and Origi would show enough in time but like 2-3 years down the track. Origi has blown me away with his form lately. Could end up being our next Torres, Suarez, Sturridge. In his own style of course.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
Gala - Free From Desire

Scores more and more. He just scores more and more
Scores more and more. He just keeps scoring more

Divock Origi la la la la la la la
Divock Origi la la la la la la
Haha boss that.
JFT97

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gala - Free From Desire

I like this, hope it catches on. Much better than just chanting his name and clapping.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
Rewatching Thursday and my word Origi is a HANDFUL. Sokratis and Hummels are doing everything short of taking chainsaws to the kid and he doesn't give an inch (look, I'm about to go way overboard here, apologies in advance...it reminds me of Michael Jordan vs 90s Knicks) doesn't let it affect his game mentally, energy for days, multifaceted play......onwards and upwards.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
He is a lot better than many people give him credit for. Well before the two Dortmund games, a few did but many didn't ..

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
My idea early on was Sturridge and Firmino as our main options and Origi & Ings for our Cups for the next few years till they can force their way in. Thought both Ings and Origi would show enough in time but like 2-3 years down the track. Origi has blown me away with his form lately. Could end up being our next Torres, Suarez, Sturridge. In his own style of course.

Drogba meets Torres. He needs a song with a bounce coz he's boss as fuck 8)
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
Torres in his 7 seasons at Atletico managed 13 goals per season on average.

Torres in HIS FIRST THREE seasons managed only 7 goals per season.

Then he comes to Liverpool and scores 20 + league goals in his first season with us (the first time in his career) .. 37 in total.

Some people need to stop getting so hung up about this 20 goal per season mark... when shit clicks, shit clicks.

Origi can and will score plenty for us but I'd prefer important goals rather than lots of goals... if that makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:11:42 am by BMW »

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Lad is quality, turned 20 today hopefully will be with us for many years!

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Some people need to stop getting so hung up about this 20 goal per season mark... when shit clicks, shit clicks.

Origi can and will score plenty for us but I'd prefer important goals rather than lots of goals... if that makes sense.

The more you score, the more likely some of them will be important, but I get your point.

Thing is, to be a certain type of prolific goalscorer like Torres or Owen, you really only need two things, pace and finishing. Origi has both. He has more, lots more, but he has those two things, and that means in the right team he will always get goals. Whether he hits 10, 15, 25 or 40 a season is another question.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline greg9r

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
Lad is quality, turned 20 today hopefully will be with us for many years!

21  :wave

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
Oooo is he 21 today?

He's got the key to the door, never been 21 before...
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
The more you score, the more likely some of them will be important, but I get your point.

Thing is, to be a certain type of prolific goalscorer like Torres or Owen, you really only need two things, pace and finishing. Origi has both. He has more, lots more, but he has those two things, and that means in the right team he will always get goals. Whether he hits 10, 15, 25 or 40 a season is another question.

Only thing i get worried about with players we seem to bring through who do very well is, when a club comes knocking ie city, madrid, barca we will sell.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
Only thing i get worried about with players we seem to bring through who do very well is, when a club comes knocking ie city, madrid, barca we will sell.

Pfft.
Be courageous and tell that worry to go fuck itself.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Pfft.
Be courageous and tell that worry to go fuck itself.

Hahaha, you are right but you just know what the transfer committer is like.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
Hahaha, you are right but you just know what the transfer committer is like.

Fictitious?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Origi is a long, long way off that level. Heck even Phil needs more consistency and people always shit it on him leaving for them.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Just saw his header against Southampton (posted by LFC Facebook page for his birthday). That goal was gorgeous. Great cross by Smith.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
Drogba meets Torres. He needs a song with a bounce coz he's boss as fuck 8)
To the tune of Be Bop a Lula.

Divock Origi he's my baby.....

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
I don't think this could even be considered his 'breakout' season - hopefully that will be next year! What's impressive is his contribution per 90 in comparison to someone else who's had a good first season in the league, Anthony Martial. Admittedly, Martial has higher totals in the league and even a better per games ratio, but that is by dint of the fact he's been on the pitch over three times longer than young Divock.

The way he's performing, you have to wonder if we actually need to sign another striker in summer, even if Benteke leaves. I've been saying for a while that Lacazette would be a startlingly obvious good move for us (to the point where I'm not actually sure why it hasn't been mooted more already) but I'm beginning to doubt based on the fact that a strike force of Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Firmino (with Goetze behind) is probably more than enough.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
Gala - Free From Desire

How is this not getting more love? Is class.
JFT97

Offline Knickers

• Dreams about being fisted by Thiago, followed by a good bone rattling.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
I think if we sell Benteke, we'll need another striker. Otherwise we'd be left with Origi, Sturridge, and Ings as our only out-and-out strikers. It's hopeful to think Sturridge can keep his fitness up for the whole season, and who knows how well Ings will come back.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think if we sell Benteke, we'll need another striker. Otherwise we'd be left with Origi, Sturridge, and Ings as our only out-and-out strikers. It's hopeful to think Sturridge can keep his fitness up for the whole season, and who knows how well Ings will come back.

Seems as though Klopp sees Firmino as his third-choice striker.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Seems as though Klopp sees Firmino as his third-choice striker.

You might be right.

I think Klopp may consider Firmino to be at least as much a striker as a midfielder.

Offline El_Pelusa_10

• Kopite
  • Diego Armando Maradona-Greatest Player Of All Time
Said it already that it must be doing Divock wonders the love from the fans. Compare that to the abuse he got from Lille fans last year......  :o

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
Said it already that it must be doing Divock wonders the love from the fans. Compare that to the abuse he got from Lille fans last year......  :o

No French kisses from the Lille crowd?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
What I have loved watching is how Origi's confidence, and indeed Lovren, has improved so much under Klopp. He clearly likes mentally strong players and Origi and Lovren have both shown real mental strength. Origi had a mare last season in France with all sorts of strange titles about being the worse player blah blah blah. He has shown real mental fortitude to come back to such scrutiny and do so well. Really big future for this lad. Has all the tools to be a top class striker. Next season will be defining for him and if he continues to develop on the same trajectory then he could up being one of the first names on the team sheet.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
What I have loved watching is how Origi's confidence, and indeed Lovren, has improved so much under Klopp. He clearly likes mentally strong players and Origi and Lovren have both shown real mental strength. Origi had a mare last season in France with all sorts of strange titles about being the worse player blah blah blah. He has shown real mental fortitude to come back to such scrutiny and do so well. Really big future for this lad. Has all the tools to be a top class striker. Next season will be defining for him and if he continues to develop on the same trajectory then he could up being one of the first names on the team sheet.

Think a lot is made of that "worst team" thing in France, but it's not made up of players who are actually shit, so much as players with big names who a lot is expected of, and from Origi they were hoping he was going to score tons of goals and he didn't. From those who watched him play, it's not that he was poor on the pitch or anything.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Think a lot is made of that "worst team" thing in France, but it's not made up of players who are actually shit, so much as players with big names who a lot is expected of, and from Origi they were hoping he was going to score tons of goals and he didn't. From those who watched him play, it's not that he was poor on the pitch or anything.

I am not going to pretend I saw much of him but it was the mental battering he must have taken that I was really referencing. I am sure that it was all blown out of proportion though. A 19/20 year full international is always going to have expectation heaped on them.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
I am not going to pretend I saw much of him but it was the mental battering he must have taken that I was really referencing. I am sure that it was all blown out of proportion though. A 19/20 year full international is always going to have expectation heaped on them.

Yeah, I'm sure it was tough, although he seems full of confidence at the moment and he must be appreciating the contrast.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
Seems like the other threads on the Divock are locked.

What a player this kid could be. Has the lot in locker. Skill, pace, power. If he can be a consistent finisher then I think we could have a top player on our hands. Hopefully working with Sturridge can help him with his movement and finishing.

Be interesting to see who starts the season as first choice striker between Origi and Sturridge.
Believe

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
And isn't he 6'3? That height couple with his speed can be devastating.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
And isn't he 6'3? That height couple with his speed can be devastating.
Nope, he's like 6'1"!
He's just buff as fuck ;D

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He'll start at Arsenal I reckon, he's become so good! Has absolutely everything, is going to be fascinating to see how much better he can get.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That finish for his goal was great!
He's forcing himself in the first 11 if he continues this way,contrast to a year a go when he looked a little shy and timid at times on the pitch to now with his confidence looks to grow at the same rate as his impressive physique.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
It's amazing how ignorant rival fans are about this guy. Whenever I speak about how good he is or how good he could be, I'm met with the usual "voted in worst Ligue 1 team lol can't be that good" or "Martial is so much better". They clearly haven't watched him play at all.

Beast.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Going to be like a new 40 million pound signing for us this season with this new found confidence he's got compared to this time last year.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
Have a really good feeling about Divock this season. He's gonna be quality for us.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Excited to see how he continues to develop this coming season and where it takes him.

Unbelievable progress in the last 12 months.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Looks really confident at the moment. Great goal and the finish for the (wrongly) disallowed goal was really good too. Think between him and Sturridge we have a good balance of strikers with different skillsets, can see them both causing opponents lots of problems next season.