Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 668547 times)

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

thought the chance was lost when he pulled wide with the ball rather than going centrally

den BOOM! the net rattled

Wasn't sure whether he will start vs Arsenal but thats a given now with Sturridge injury(how many time are we going to see that again this season, sighhh)
Pulling wide is the oldest trick in the book of an attacker. Basically it is THE way of giving yourself time. The defender can't do shit in that situation. It's either a penalty - and possible red card (though that rule has changed for this season right?) - or a goal.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
His first touch for his goal was vital and he couldn't have executed it any better, he put the ball in front of himself perfectly to run on to giving himself the exact thinking time without it being a ball the keeper could get out to.
The lad is going to be a beast.

Offline Moos

• Main Stander
It was a transfer committee signing ;)
Thinking about it. He was the fourth choice striker last year. He didn't really feature under Rodgers. Rodgers got the sack, every striker got injured, Klopp came in and well, only had this one option to lead the line.
In a game of ifs and buts, if Rodgers would have stayed around, Ings and Sturridge weren't made out of glass, we might have ended up selling Origi this summer and replacing him with some Barcelona B reject.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thinking about it. He was the fourth choice striker last year. He didn't really feature under Rodgers. Rodgers got the sack, every striker got injured, Klopp came in and well, only had this one option to lead the line.
In a game of ifs and buts, if Rodgers would have stayed around, Ings and Sturridge weren't made out of glass, we might have ended up selling Origi this summer and replacing him with some Barcelona B reject.

When Klopp came in the first thing I remember him saying about Origi was that "we're gonna have a lot of fun with this player" and he was so right ;D Think he'd tried to sign him for Dortmund as well if I remember rightly.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When Klopp came in the first thing I remember him saying about Origi was that "we're gonna have a lot of fun with this player" and he was so right ;D Think he'd tried to sign him for Dortmund as well if I remember rightly.

He definitely said he was aware of Origi at Dortmund - and you might be right that he said he tried to sign him as well. But if you think about it - it makes complete sense - he's a Klopp style player almost to a T.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He definitely said he was aware of Origi at Dortmund - and you might be right that he said he tried to sign him as well. But if you think about it - it makes complete sense - he's a Klopp style player almost to a T.

He said that once he knew we were in for Origi, he knew we could outbid Dortmund so knew he wouldn't get him.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"you know Divock?"

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
I think Rodgers is the player that Origi thought Balo would be for Benteke.........Err.
:lmao
Coffee fizzled through my nose just then!
Bastard! ;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
I can remember he said he was up against us and in the end, we got him. That was either the same interview where he said the "lots of fun" stuff or one just following that, but it was around the same time.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2016, 09:17:00 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Shambles.....with a capital S!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • In it for the long haul. Come on you Reds.
Couldn't believe how quick and big he looks. The way he took his goal v Barca was highly enjoyable.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
Couldn't believe how quick and big he looks. The way he took his goal v Barca was highly enjoyable.
What surprises me is how calm and composed he looks on the ball. Never rushes play and knows when to release the ball, plays like he's got 15 years of top flight football experience behind him!

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its almost benefited him that Lille had that shite season they did just before he came here.

He's had a lot less pressure on him than he would have done had he come off the back of a fantastic season.

We knew he had the talent, hence the reason we signed him, but he's come in and been relatively speaking ignored by the media and he's improved unbelievably out of the media spotlight.

Offline Shambles.....with a capital S!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • In it for the long haul. Come on you Reds.
What surprises me is how calm and composed he looks on the ball. Never rushes play and knows when to release the ball, plays like he's got 15 years of top flight football experience behind him!

Exactly, when I was watching him (I was right behind the goal) it looked like he had taken one too many touches, but then he shrugged off the defender and the ball went through the keeper's legs and nestled in the net. Great finish.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
On the odd occasion I saw him play for Lille he seemed strangely reluctant to get into the box. Even when he laid it off to a winger, he'd then move to the edge of the box rather than into it.

Wonder why that was, must have been instructions from the manager if he's always considered himself a 9

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
Really feel like Divock's on for a big season.

Might not start - could do - but he'll be leading the line by the end of the season.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #616 on: August 10, 2016, 07:05:33 am »
“Everything is there to do great things” – Divock Origi bullish ahead of Liverpool’s 2016/17 campaign
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/08/everything-great-things-divock-origi-bullish-ahead-liverpools-201617-campaign/

I swear, I read this at first as "Divock Origi bullshit ahead of Liverpool’s 2016/17 campaign"...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #617 on: August 10, 2016, 07:13:52 am »
I think Rodgers is the player that Origi thought Balo would be for Benteke.........Err.

Hes the hero that liverpool deserves but not what it needs right now..

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #618 on: August 10, 2016, 08:05:20 am »
Pulling wide is the oldest trick in the book of an attacker. Basically it is THE way of giving yourself time. The defender can't do shit in that situation. It's either a penalty - and possible red card (though that rule has changed for this season right?) - or a goal.

Rule change depends on whether the defender makes a legitimate attempt at the ball, I believe, so if he was pulled back or heels kicked, it could still be a red. (I think)

Offline Schadenfreude

• Boys Pen
« Reply #619 on: August 11, 2016, 10:23:36 am »
First post in the forums, but have followed the RAWK forums for a good while   :wave .  I have a song / chant for Origi I wanted to stick up somewhere.  Is this the right thread or is there somewhere else on here where people can pitch songs / chants?

Offline SA RED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #620 on: August 11, 2016, 10:31:23 am »
First post in the forums, but have followed the RAWK forums for a good while   :wave .  I have a song / chant for Origi I wanted to stick up somewhere.  Is this the right thread or is there somewhere else on here where people can pitch songs / chants?

Welcome mate!

You will have to record yourself doing the chant, upload it to YouTube then embed the video in this very thread.
Please PM Alan_X if you have any queries.

Cheers.

Offline Schadenfreude

• Boys Pen
« Reply #621 on: August 11, 2016, 10:40:48 am »
Damn, not sure I can bring myself to sing / record it.... you haven't heard my singing!    :o   Maybe I need to find someone else who is prepared to do it on my behalf   ;D

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #622 on: August 11, 2016, 11:26:39 am »
Damn, not sure I can bring myself to sing / record it.... you haven't heard my singing!    :o   Maybe I need to find someone else who is prepared to do it on my behalf   ;D

Welcome mate!

If you want to get your song for Divick up on the boards then there's no other way around it - you have to link it to a vid or a soundwave file of you belting it out. You don't have to do the whole thing though - don't fall for that; a verse and a chorus.

If Alan X isn't around to help you then try dropping a line to Macca or Chopper - they'll point you in the right direction.

looking forward to it.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #623 on: August 11, 2016, 11:36:06 am »
Has to start for me at the weekend. His game has improved an insane amount and he looks to be getting better and better, these days he causes any defence he comes up against a lot of trouble and it'll be no different against the weak backline we should expect at the Emirates.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: August 11, 2016, 11:43:04 am »
I can't think of any other player going through such a physical transformation, unless it is the wrong way where Ronaldo and Adriano going completely to waste and being fat.

Origi has hit the perfect balance, with his weight training. Still can't believe how he flopped in France in that last season.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #625 on: August 11, 2016, 11:58:20 am »
I can't think of any other player going through such a physical transformation, unless it is the wrong way where Ronaldo and Adriano going completely to waste and being fat.

Origi has hit the perfect balance, with his weight training. Still can't believe how he flopped in France in that last season.

The other Ronaldo?

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #626 on: August 11, 2016, 12:22:19 pm »

I feel like United seem to push this on their players. Look at De Gea before and after he muscled up too. Crazy difference.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #627 on: August 11, 2016, 12:23:37 pm »
Rule change depends on whether the defender makes a legitimate attempt at the ball, I believe, so if he was pulled back or heels kicked, it could still be a red. (I think)

I was chatting to my dad about this. He;s a ref and an assessor and he says the multiple rule changes this season are going to cause carnage. A trip in the area stopping a goal scoring opportunity will be a penalty but only a yellow. The identical foul outside the area will be a free kick and a red.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #628 on: August 11, 2016, 12:32:49 pm »
I was chatting to my dad about this. He;s a ref and an assessor and he says the multiple rule changes this season are going to cause carnage. A trip in the area stopping a goal scoring opportunity will be a penalty but only a yellow. The identical foul outside the area will be a free kick and a red.

Which is fair. A penalty is a clear goal scoring opportunity so one hasn't been denied.
Believe

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #629 on: August 11, 2016, 12:58:00 pm »

This sort of thing annoys me. It's the same with a lot of obstruction people get away with in the box that would be straight free kicks outside.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: August 12, 2016, 07:39:12 am »
You'd think the only change will be that keepers play a little more aggressively which IMO isn't a bad thing.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #631 on: August 12, 2016, 08:08:52 am »
Still can't believe how he flopped in France in that last season.

If you'd seen Lille play that season you might have a better understanding as to why he had a bad season. They were one of the most boring, negative sides in the league and didn't play to his strengths at all.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #632 on: August 17, 2016, 12:37:28 pm »
If you'd seen Lille play that season you might have a better understanding as to why he had a bad season. They were one of the most boring, negative sides in the league and didn't play to his strengths at all.

Also, he didn't have a bad season. He scored 8 in 33. Martial scored 9 in 35 and went for £60m.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #633 on: August 17, 2016, 06:17:18 pm »
Also, he didn't have a bad season. He scored 8 in 33. Martial scored 9 in 35 and went for £60m.
Also, he was 19. Scored 8 goals in 2152 minutes ~ 1 goal every 269 minutes.

Only 3 players aged 21 or under scored at a better rate in the Premier League that season, Rolando Aarons (1 goal in 4 sub appearances) plus Kane and Berahino.

How anyone put him in a "worst team" that season is beyond me.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #634 on: August 17, 2016, 06:34:33 pm »
Also, he was 19. Scored 8 goals in 2152 minutes ~ 1 goal every 269 minutes.

Only 3 players aged 21 or under scored at a better rate in the Premier League that season, Rolando Aarons (1 goal in 4 sub appearances) plus Kane and Berahino.

How anyone put him in a "worst team" that season is beyond me.

French don't like the Belgians...

Offline LFCrenaissance

• Main Stander
« Reply #635 on: August 17, 2016, 06:39:30 pm »

Glad someone else made this connection. Looks an amazing bargain from this perspective.

Origi was I think tied for the top 18-under goal scorer ever in Ligue 1 (or at least since the 70s when transfermarkt's data ends, football was invented then :) ), until Ousmane Dembele came along last year. Fuck me I wish he was at Liverpool. Dortmund absolutely ripped off Silvestre and company there. Hopefully we'll be back in for him this summer.

But back to the point, Origi was damn good in France, and think he'll have a breakout year this year in the PL.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: August 17, 2016, 06:50:05 pm »
2 penalties out of that 8 and 3 of the goals in one game. A 17 game goalless streak in a 38 game season. There were mitigating factors, (Lille were shite, his mind was in Liverpool, he was 19 and Ligue 1 is a notoriously difficult league for strikers without a PSG crest on their shirt) , but Origi had a poor season all things considered. Also, Martial was playing on the wings, coming off the bench etc. for the first half of that season. In the last 10 league games of the season, Martial scored 8 goals.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:55:51 pm by SwordInYourGut »

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: August 17, 2016, 06:57:57 pm »
2 penalties out of that 8 and 3 of the goals in one game. A 17 game goalless streak in a 38 game season. There were mitigating factors, (Lille were shite, his mind was in Liverpool, he was 19 and Ligue 1 is a notoriously difficult league for strikers without a PSG crest on their shirt) , but Origi had a poor season all things considered. Also, Martial was playing on the wings, coming off the bench etc. for the first half of that season. In the last 10 league games of the season, Martial scored 8 goals.

I don't know about the French league, but Origi is already a better striker than Martial in the Premier League.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: August 17, 2016, 07:01:05 pm »
I don't know about the French league, but Origi is already a better striker than Martial in the Premier League.
This I can agree with. Origi is just the complete forward, he has it all. Pace, heading ability, dribbling skill, and two footed finishing.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: August 17, 2016, 07:21:25 pm »

Not sure if I can agree with this just yet. Martial's a beast of a player and hasn't really played that much as a striker. I think he may be Utd's best attacker (haven't seen enough of Ibrahimovic and Mkhitaryan in the league yet) and is still very young. I don't think Origi's played enough for the sample size to be big enough.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just think it's difficult to compare the two with any great level of accuracy at this point. They're both incredible young players and I'm glad one of them's ours. He was definitely better value for money! It will be interesting to watch the pair of them over the next few seasons.

I agree that we have a potential star in the making with all the tools, as Brendan Rodgers might say. Origi really does have everything you could need to be a top striker, it just remains to be seen if he can put it all together in any consistent fashion. If he does, the sky's the limit.