Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp: New Liverpool Manager Gifsteria! (Safe for Work Gifs only!)  (Read 1416731 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Liverpool Manager Discussion
« Reply #1080 on: October 4, 2015, 11:16:24 pm »
Did Unai Emery sign a new contract with Sevilla in the summer? He'd be a great Liverpool manager, not sure he'd want to leave Sevilla yet though.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1082 on: October 4, 2015, 11:18:33 pm »
Shorterminst fcking nonsense.  We're like any other club now, hiring and firing managers because of a few below par results.  We're 3 pts outside the top four for christ's sake.  Having played four of our six hardest away fixtures.  Rodgers could have easily turned this around.  Last season he lost 60 odd goals from his side and still managed to find a solution to have us challenging for the top four.  And that's all our spending suggests we should be doing, challenging for 4th.  A sad, sad day.

By the way, the sticky at the top of the forum is a bit of a joke considering certain mods were openly calling for Klopp after the defeat against United.

Sacking a decent man who gave us one of our greatest seasons in recent history an hour after a derby a few games into the season - absolutely shameful.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1083 on: October 4, 2015, 11:20:11 pm »
They had the summer ahead of them to go through a shortlist though. To me, everything pointed to next summer for a decision. Especially with the tv money kicking in and a (relatively) tight summer just gone in terms of spending. Said so last summer too. If they've gone early on Rodgers, it's because they're sure of the replacement. The letter from FSG pretty much hints towards a quick appointment. Disagree with you on change for change's sake really. Rodgers needed to show that last season was a blip. Instead he was in full 'and we're rebuilding again and I need more time' mode. No progress with the team in his fourth season in charge. Three seasons is a fair crack of the whip to show what you're about and how your team is developing. 13/14 was great fun. But Rodgers leaves having not won a thing here in three seasons, and not looking any likelier to in the near future either.
The thing is Zeb you portray them as rational people who live their life in a joined up way. FSG is just a bunch of bid whores who jumped from consortium to consortium trying to buy the Red Sox. There isn't a unified FSG they are just a bunch of rich wankers who know zero about football. If there was another consortium who they had a chance of joining who had a better chance of buying the Red Sox then they would of jumped in with them.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1084 on: October 4, 2015, 11:20:43 pm »
Never said they're trying to reinvent 'football'. I understand how scouting networks work, etc. Now tell me what top team has 4 or 5 analytics guys directly involved in the process of saying nay or yay to signing a player. Our set-up is a joke. It's miles from being ideal.

So your problem is with analytics?  That's your big issue?

Most clubs have analytics departments, they just keep their mouths shut about it.  Especially if they think that they actually have an advantage with their methods, then they're definitely not going around running their mouth like FSG does.

Every other sport and business in the world uses data to help make decisions.  But somehow Football is exempt?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1085 on: October 4, 2015, 11:22:04 pm »
Shorterminst fcking nonsense.  We're like any other club now, hiring and firing managers because of a few below par results.  We're 3 pts outside the top four for christ's sake.  Having played four of our six hardest away fixtures.  Rodgers could have easily turned this around.  Last season he lost 60 odd goals from his side and still managed to find a solution to have us challenging for the top four.  And that's all our spending suggests we should be doing, challenging for 4th.  A sad, sad day.

By the way, the sticky at the top of the forum is a bit of a joke considering certain mods were openly calling for Klopp after the defeat against United.

Sacking a decent man who gave us one of our greatest seasons in recent history an hour after a derby a few games into the season - absolutely shameful.

Good post.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: October 4, 2015, 11:22:36 pm »
Never said they're trying to reinvent 'football'. I understand how scouting networks work, etc. Now tell me what top team has 4 or 5 analytics guys directly involved in the process of saying nay or yay to signing a player. Our set-up is a joke. It's miles from being ideal.

We only have one or two directly involved don't we? And even then, I'd bet that most top teams have something similar, hell I bet Chelsea have a huge team of analysts and scouts, they just don't bleat on about it in the press like we do.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1087 on: October 4, 2015, 11:24:16 pm »
So your problem is with analytics?  That's your big issue?

Most clubs have analytics departments, they just keep their mouths shut about it.  Especially if they think that they actually have an advantage with their methods, then they're definitely not going around running their mouth like FSG does.

Every other sport and business in the world uses data to help make decisions.  But somehow Football is exempt?

Christ. Do most club have a transfer committee full of analysts and nobodys signing players the manager didn't really want? Congrats on spectacularly missing the point.  ;D

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: October 4, 2015, 11:25:43 pm »
Did Unai Emery sign a new contract with Sevilla in the summer? He'd be a great Liverpool manager, not sure he'd want to leave Sevilla yet though.
Thought he was a referee
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1089 on: October 4, 2015, 11:26:35 pm »
We only have one or two directly involved don't we? And even then, I'd bet that most top teams have something similar, hell I bet Chelsea have a huge team of analysts and scouts, they just don't bleat on about it in the press like we do.
It's actually more like 4 analytical nerds on the committee. Plus Ian Ayre and a guy whose knowledge about football came from his daughter's soccer team.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1090 on: October 4, 2015, 11:27:05 pm »

the only thing shameful about it is that he wasn't sacked after the stoke humiliation...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1091 on: October 4, 2015, 11:27:56 pm »
It's actually more like 4 analytical nerds on the committee. Plus Ian Ayre and a guy whose knowledge about football came from his daughter's soccer team.

Ian Ayre should write a book at some point. I am genuinely curious how he has managed to weasel his way into such a powerful position at our club.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1092 on: October 4, 2015, 11:28:22 pm »
the only thing shameful about it is that he wasn't sacked after the stoke humiliation...

Let's hope your guy gets it right straight away then.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BEAST

• Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1093 on: October 4, 2015, 11:29:04 pm »
Christ. Do most club have a transfer committee full of analysts and nobodys signing players the manager didn't really want? Congrats on spectacularly missing the point.  ;D

Well that does happen.  But what most well run clubs do to prevent that is make sure they have a manager who is on board with the profile of the player they want to sign, otherwise they wouldn't hire that "coach".

But I will say that FSG completely fucked up with this compromise of letting Rodgers sign a couple of "his guys" if the committee signed a couple of "their guys".

And you better fucking believe that clubs like Real Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, Man City, Sevilla, Juventus etc are going and buying players based on what upper management wants first, and not bowing down to the demands of the coach.  But again, generally they go and find coaches that are happy to work in this structure.

The Harry Redknapp type of manager with his fingers in the pie of the transfer market does not exist outside of England.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: October 4, 2015, 11:29:13 pm »
What we need is a proven winner. If it's either of the favourites I'll be over the moon. The lift it would it would give the fans and player would win us a few games alone. From there anything can happen.

I hope and think fsg will get us a winner. Jurgan or Carlo? I'd be over the fucking moon with either and unlike the last few times it is a real possibility that we can get a top manager now.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1095 on: October 4, 2015, 11:29:26 pm »
Ian Ayre should write a book at some point. I am genuinely curious how he has managed to weasel his way into such a powerful position at our club.
At ANY club.

Thank you Gillett and Hicks.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: October 4, 2015, 11:30:11 pm »

Haha, analytical nerds, you say that like they aren't integral to modern football.

Also I just looked it up, the committee consisted of Rodgers, Ayre, Fallows (head of recruitment) and Edwards (analytical nerd).

One single guy representing an entire department.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1097 on: October 4, 2015, 11:30:26 pm »
What happens if we approach Klopp and he's like "nah" and we then approach Carlo and he's like "nah" too?
Then we pay Bournemouth compensation and get Howe.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1098 on: October 4, 2015, 11:30:45 pm »
Let's hope your guy gets it right straight away then.  ::)

It was Rodgers' 4th season here....please stop with the sackcloth and ashes
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: October 4, 2015, 11:31:03 pm »

Yet they still have a better collective eye for a player than the manager did.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline BEAST

• Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1100 on: October 4, 2015, 11:31:49 pm »

What was Nicola Coertese's knowledge and experience in football before he ran Southampton?  Go look it up, the guy was an investment banker.  These things are not uncommon.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: October 4, 2015, 11:31:57 pm »
What happens if we approach Klopp and he's like "nah" and we then approach Carlo and he's like "nah" too?

It's pretty obvious the next manager has already agreed to join.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1102 on: October 4, 2015, 11:33:24 pm »
Isn't 'Arry available too?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: October 4, 2015, 11:33:48 pm »
Isn't 'Arry available too?

And Terry Venables, apparently.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: October 4, 2015, 11:34:48 pm »

So maybe that Bosnian site was right?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1105 on: October 4, 2015, 11:35:35 pm »
yep I'd be amazed if Brendan was sacked without the new guy being pretty much signed sealed and delivered
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1106 on: October 4, 2015, 11:38:22 pm »
What was Nicola Coertese's knowledge and experience in football before he ran Southampton?  Go look it up, the guy was an investment banker.  These things are not uncommon.

Cortese worked for the Sports arm of various Swiss banks and was then instrumental in the extremely complicated purchase of Southampton. He proved himself to be a highly capable and trustworthy employee.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #1107 on: October 4, 2015, 11:39:00 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCrgen_Klopp

Middle name Norbert.

That's what we need, Nobby Klopp.

Victorious and glorious....

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: October 4, 2015, 11:40:01 pm »
Injuries, loss of key players, terrible finishing, poor purchases by the DoF.

With that said, they turned it around after the winter break and Klopp resigned on good terms.
Why did he resign/go on sabbatical? Kinda weird given his age?
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: October 4, 2015, 11:40:05 pm »
The thing is Zeb you portray them as rational people who live their life in a joined up way. FSG is just a bunch of bid whores who jumped from consortium to consortium trying to buy the Red Sox. There isn't a unified FSG they are just a bunch of rich wankers who know zero about football. If there was another consortium who they had a chance of joining who had a better chance of buying the Red Sox then they would of jumped in with them.

Honestly you just continually do this and wonder why patience is lost at times. Every thread Al you just can't help yourself

I despair. I really really do
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1110 on: October 4, 2015, 11:40:06 pm »
yep I'd be amazed if Brendan was sacked without the new guy being pretty much signed sealed and delivered

You have forgotten Kenny getting sacked and then this happening.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1111 on: October 4, 2015, 11:41:19 pm »
Remind me what have Southhampton won and why are you even mentioning them on the same breadth as LFC? I'm aware of CORTESE, smart proven 'commodity'.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 4, 2015, 11:43:02 pm by LiverBirdKop »

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: October 4, 2015, 11:41:22 pm »
Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes  8m8 minutes ago
Mad day. Derby a bit grim. What happened afterwards a bit mad but not surprising. And now Liverpool want Klopp. Roll on Monday........

Barrett confirming we want Klopp. This would be such an exciting appointment, a real statement

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: October 4, 2015, 11:41:41 pm »
You have forgotten Kenny getting sacked and then this happening.

Bit different when you have weeks spare to interview and organise stuff before preseason even begins.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: October 4, 2015, 11:41:59 pm »
I wonder if the next manager will do the classic populist thing and get Carra in his coaching team.  I hope not, but wouldn't surprise me.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: October 4, 2015, 11:42:17 pm »
Cortese worked for the Sports arm of various Swiss banks and was then instrumental in the extremely complicated purchase of Southampton. He proved himself to be a highly capable and trustworthy employee.

Aye took over from Parry and massively modernised us financially to the point where we are on the way to properly capitalising on our fanbase and history.  He's got us record sponsorship deals and overseas investment at a time we, as a football club have performed terribly.

Just shouldn't be near the football stuff really.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: October 4, 2015, 11:42:23 pm »
Yep, and there are more attractive destinations for them than Liverpool. That's the reality.

Jurgen Klopp and Carlo Ancelotti are interested in managing. Obviously we are an attractive destination. Maybe with a  manager with higher standing in the game then maybe we will find it easier to attract these talents.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #1117 on: October 4, 2015, 11:42:40 pm »

Our cup performances have been dreadful as well though and we haven't been playing fantastic. I personally wanted to give him a dozen games but given the timing it makes sense. We have an international break, and then the first game back is huge.  We are also probably thinking Chelsea will go after one of our two top manager targets. We have won 3 games by 1 goal, tied 3 and lost 2, and tied 3 cup games. We have not looked great.

I don't think we should have sacked him this afternoon, should have waited until morning, and I personally would have given the extra games to turn it around, but given the international break and our next 5 games it does make sense. I guess they are hoping the new manager bump will get us over the hump.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1118 on: October 4, 2015, 11:43:22 pm »
Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes  8m8 minutes ago
Mad day. Derby a bit grim. What happened afterwards a bit mad but not surprising. And now Liverpool want Klopp. Roll on Monday........

Barrett confirming we want Klopp. This would be such an exciting appointment, a real statement

*crosses absolutely everything*

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #1119 on: October 4, 2015, 11:44:15 pm »
I don't understand why Ayre is always the lightning rod of insults.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.