Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp: New Liverpool Manager Gifsteria! (Safe for Work Gifs only!)  (Read 1416762 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Liverpool Manager Discussion
« Reply #1240 on: October 5, 2015, 12:42:59 am »
As opposed to FSG are a bunch of super smart business men who have just had a terrible run of luck with just about everyone they have appointed at the Club. They keep making super smart decisions but get let down by whoever they appoint.

Or maybe they simply have never ever appointed anyone who has had a record of recent success.

if they actually hire Klopp what does that mean? It it the angle you've already stated?
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1241 on: October 5, 2015, 12:43:30 am »
Steven Gerrard as player manager please.  Two birds with one stone.
Also has the knowhow, the clubs inner knowledge and the passion. Carragher as assistant and we cant be any worse than last 20 games.
I know it may be a big gamble and coaching badges etc to be done too, but sometimes you have to take a big risk especially when it cant get any worse.

Would be neat as I could at least make some money on us getting relegated.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: October 5, 2015, 12:44:46 am »
Player wise, I think we definitely need 3 or 4 players to be able to fully implement Klopp's system.

Mainly in midfield. A more dynamic defensive midfielder than Lucas. I also think Henderson and Milner might not be Klopp type of players. Not good enough with the ball to play as the more creative of the two holding players. Maybe Henderson would be utilised as the presser.

I think Klopp's system, if used here, could definitely get improvement out of Coutinho and Firmino. Would also be interesting to see Markovic or Origi as the right sided attacking support midfielder, as Klopp tends to like a pacey player there,  who joins in as a second striker, a la Aubameyang.

If we do raid the Bundesliga, I'd love us to go for Sane or Malli. Goretzka maybe.

Exciting times!
Kevin Volland in January please.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1243 on: October 5, 2015, 12:44:48 am »
I think it's gotta be Klopp.

Ancelotti is a great manager and carries himself with class, but he's a 2-3 year manager.  And he goes places where he can win all the trophies in those 2-3 years.  This isn't the job for him. 

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1244 on: October 5, 2015, 12:44:56 am »
Great post, good insights.

Having read quite abit abou De Boer's tactics but being relatively unfamiliar with Cocu's, I'm curious to know what it is that you think sets them apart?

Also, what's your take on Mazzini? He did some great things at Napoli playing a vibrant ciunterattacking styr with a back 3 that might suit us, though I'm not sure he's the right sort of character for Liverpool.

Another name I see thrown about it Favre, though admittedly I know relatively little.

Your concerns about Klopp seem well-founded, and make me think Ancelotti would be a better choice. But then I think about why I watch football and it's because I think it's fun and entertaining, and I'd much rather be looking forward to Klopp's crazy press conferences than Ancelotti's boring but super professional style (plus the escaping eye brow!). I think our young squad would do very well with a leader like Klopp, and is perhaps a couple of years too early in its collective development for someone like Ancelotti who has generally found success with more veteran players.

The easiest way to explain why I would be against Mazzarri would be to show this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mazzarri#Managerial_statistics

He has no track record of winning. He did OK in Italy at a time when all the power houses were struggling. Whilst finishing runner up in Italy and winning the Italian Cup is an achievement of sorts, I see absolutely nothing about him as a manager that makes me think he is the man to beat 1 of Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Man City.... never mind all 4.

Of all the names listed, he would be a very very weak candidate for that reason. He isn´t even that young. Whereas taking on a young coach like Rafa, Rodgers, De Boer, Pochetino etc is usually done because there is a feeling they are on the cusp of something great. Mazzarri's record looks like that of a non-English Pardew (for example) who had a good couple of years in a weakened league and almost took advantage of it. There is nothing to suggest he would be the right man here. Tactically, his style might suit our squad but that is only 1 very small part of the package. I would much rather Schmidt, Cocu or De Boer if we are going down the relatively unproven route.

As for De Boer v Cocu - first reason is his PSV side absolutely demolished Ajax in the league last season winning by close to 20 points. He is also from that generation of Barcelona players of which a number of good managers are appearing. He is also being tipped already as a future manager for them. His sides play the right way, the players love playing for him. I read Wijnaldum say he is the players "confidant". He can be talked with in a way you cannot another coach. And he analyzes every aspect of every game looking for ways to improve the team and each individual. That just screams of someone on track to very top. That attention to detail, that bond with the team, the tactical base, the desire to play attacking passing football and the fact he is already reaping rewards against a far superior team in his league in only his second season.

De Boer won 4 titles before Cocu came along. Cocu took a year to settle into management then demolished Ajax. It remains to be seen whether that was a blip for De Boer which Cocu capitalised on or not. But based on what I have read on the two, my money would be heaped on Cocu to have the more successful career for sure in management.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: October 5, 2015, 12:45:09 am »
Someone who will not favour signings from the premier league. My biggest issue with the last THREE managers, and ultimately, it's been all of their downfalls

Offline shanklygirl

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1246 on: October 5, 2015, 12:45:11 am »
What I`m saying above is that one thing/one way Klopp teams play like. It`s practically all about gegenpressing and counter-attacking. It`s pretty much one dimensional and not very sophisticated but you won`t see me complaining if it works.

Football is simple. 

People make it too complicated.

Win the ball, and attack before they have their defence organized.

Done.

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: October 5, 2015, 12:45:20 am »
Player wise, I think we definitely need 3 or 4 players to be able to fully implement Klopp's system.

Mainly in midfield. A more dynamic defensive midfielder than Lucas. I also think Henderson and Milner might not be Klopp type of players. Not good enough with the ball to play as the more creative of the two holding players. Maybe Henderson would be utilised as the presser.

I think Klopp's system, if used here, could definitely get improvement out of Coutinho and Firmino. Would also be interesting to see Markovic or Origi as the right sided attacking support midfielder, as Klopp tends to like a pacey player there,  who joins in as a second striker, a la Aubameyang.

If we do raid the Bundesliga, I'd love us to go for Sane or Malli. Goretzka maybe.

Exciting times!

I think we would initially see Henderson in the Bender role, if only because Lucas lacks the mobility for it. Milner is basically the English Grosskreutz, so I'm sure he'd have a place though not in central midfield. I think Lucas and Allen would lose out as they lack the raw energy and speed to be the high pressure mid as well as the passing range or dribbling to be the Sahin/Gundogan.

The big issue, I think, will be finding a partner for Sakho who has the recovery pace and temperament to hold a high line.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: October 5, 2015, 12:45:47 am »
Look, his english isn't bad I'll give you that... but first class?
Sein Englisch ist besser als dein Deutsch.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1249 on: October 5, 2015, 12:45:53 am »
if they actually hire Klopp what does that mean?
It means that you can throw a big bunch of his conspiracy theories in the thrash.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #1250 on: October 5, 2015, 12:46:00 am »
What I`m saying above is that one thing/one way Klopp teams play like. It`s practically all about gegenpressing and counter-attacking. It`s pretty much one dimensional and not very sophisticated but you won`t see me complaining if it works.

Aye, mate. After all the tactical changes over the past year, I think perfecting one effective way of playing might be a welcome change to the players. At the very least, they will know exactly how to play in whatever position they are played. Total consistency.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2015, 12:47:59 am by wemmick »

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1251 on: October 5, 2015, 12:46:22 am »
Other managers who MAY be linked are:-
(snip)

great post. Even though I'm in #TeamKlopp (#KloppfortheKop #NeedlessHashtags), I can certainly the possible negatives of his appointment. I do think, however, that the comunicative effect of his signing would be tremendous. He's a big figure (and I don't mean physically), with a sort of larger-than-life stature and charisma for someone who's a young-ish manager. He's certainly capable of getting the entire fanbase behind him.
On the other hand, Carlo seems more like a gentleman. And while I wouldn't frown at all if he's, ultimately, the man FSG sign (I mean, 3 European Cups!) the caveat of him only working with richer/the richest clubs lately kinda worries me. What if he's unable to work comfortably with our current setup?

So maybe the point that I was kinda trying to make is: scrap the fucking Transfer Committee and don't let Ayre make any football decision ever again ;D

PS: As much as I love Bielsa for what he did to our National Team (and I admire him as a person) - no, please no. He's a walking ticking bomb and we'd have to search for a new manager once again in 1 year or 2.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1252 on: October 5, 2015, 12:47:58 am »

Fucking hell will that bag ever finish?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: October 5, 2015, 12:48:16 am »
Someone who will not favour signings from the premier league. My biggest issue with the last THREE managers, and ultimately, it's been all of their downfalls
Yep. Though not specifically Premier League players, but more overrated English players that come with a ridiculously inflated price tag for some reason. Could we have gotten better than Lallana abroad for what we paid for him? Joe Allen? (I know, he's not English but the point still stands).

Offline BEAST

• Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1254 on: October 5, 2015, 12:49:10 am »
So if it's Klopp who do we see as the big winners and losers from the player personnel?

I think the big winners are:  Moreno, Gomez, Firmino, Origi, maybe Ibe.

I think the big losers are: Skrtel, Allen, Lallana, and this might be controversial - Henderson and Milner. 

Actually I think Milner would be fine playing back wide right like at Man City - he could easily do what Kuba did.  But I think Henderson is in trouble because his skill set doesn't fit Klopp's central midfield.

This team is going to have to get a lot more athletic too.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1255 on: October 5, 2015, 12:49:43 am »
Aye, mate. After all the tactical changes over the past years, I think perfecting one effective way of playing might be a welcome change to the players. At the very least, they will know exactly how to play in whatever position they are played. Total consistency.
I agree, like I said the second half of 13/14 was pretty much a Dortmund team so we do have the personnel pretty much to pull it off. It should be very exciting, I`m looking forward to it.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #1256 on: October 5, 2015, 12:50:02 am »

Been watching for 40 minutes, about halfway done now.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: October 5, 2015, 12:50:26 am »
So if it's Klopp who do we see as the big winners and losers from the player personnel?

I think the big winners are:  Moreno, Gomez, Firmino, maybe Ibe.

I think the big losers are: Skrtel, Allen, Lallana, and this might be controversial - Henderson and Milner. 

Actually I think Milner would be fine playing back wide right like at Man City - he could easily do what Kuba did.  But I think Henderson is in trouble because his skill set doesn't fit Klopp's central midfield.

Arguably Ings might gain, while Sturridge could suffer (physically).
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: October 5, 2015, 12:51:31 am »
Depends what you mean by one-dimensional. Every team has to have a way of playing. Even Mourinho has a way of playing (control the space, win the ball, positional attack based around transitions). Klopp's way can be more physically exhausting but it's been shown to work - if you combine compact structure with athleticism and dynamism then you can do really great things and that's what happened at Dortmund. Rodgers should have committed to the pressure/pressing game and didn't. Klopp will.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: October 5, 2015, 12:51:48 am »
You don't see Henderson fitting? I think his relentless energy and pressing game would fit Klopp pretty perfectly.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1260 on: October 5, 2015, 12:53:07 am »
Been watching for 40 minutes, about halfway done now.

I guess I'll have to wait then  ;D.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: October 5, 2015, 12:53:55 am »
Football is simple. 

People make it too complicated.

Win the ball, and attack before they have their defence organized.

Done.
What if they organise their defence before we attack?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: October 5, 2015, 12:54:09 am »
You don't see Henderson fitting? I think his relentless energy and pressing game would fit Klopp pretty perfectly.
Yup, agreed. Where he'll play is another matter but that partly depends if Klopp goes with 4-2-3-1 or something else initially.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: October 5, 2015, 12:54:35 am »

Think his tactics and philosophy are a bit more sophisticated and complicated then you think. 

Offline BEAST

• Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1264 on: October 5, 2015, 12:54:36 am »

pressing from where though?  Maybe he gets tried out in the Bender role but I'm skeptical he'll work there. 

I think he and Milner would both be fighting for minutes as a right sided attacking player.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1265 on: October 5, 2015, 12:54:43 am »
Roger Schmidt Impressive things in Switzerland. Seems to be continuing his work in Germany. There is a touch of Rafa about him. Control freak who seems to go into details other managers just don´t even think of. Sets his team up in the style we as fans want to see now. High, aggressive pressing. High intensity in attack also. His team took Bayern all the way before losing in penalties in the German Cup. Did the same in Europe with Simeone´s Atletico Madrid.

Out of all the names I´ve seen, Schmidt would be very high up my list if he can be tempted to leave Bayer Leverkusen.

Again, Schmidt has done fuck all in terms of his managerial career. He has won the Austrian league and cup with Salzburg, but they also lost a CL-qualifier against F91 Dudelange from Luxembourg. Three years ago he was still managing in Germany's 2. Bundesliga and before that he was even managing below that. He's kind of the flavour of the month, but I don't really see why. Leverkusen have done well in some games like against Barcelona in the CL, but they're not exactly ripping apart the Bundesliga...

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1266 on: October 5, 2015, 12:54:45 am »
I think him and Milner are tailor-made for Klopp.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: October 5, 2015, 12:55:07 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1268 on: October 5, 2015, 12:55:17 am »
Sein Englisch ist besser als dein Deutsch.

Europe English

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU rather than German which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five year phase-in plan that would be known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be ekspekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"s in the language is disgraseful, and they should go away.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru! And zen world!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline edge

• Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #1270 on: October 5, 2015, 12:57:27 am »
Well just hope the owners don't take too long Sian. This poor bastard started crossing things for Klopp after the Stoke game last season and look at him now.

Never knew Van Gaal was a fan!

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: October 5, 2015, 12:57:37 am »
If anyone want to listen to that podcast, here it is: http://anfieldindex.podbean.com/e/episode-87-rodgers-sacked-klopp-to-the-kop/

Sounds like that they are saying that Michael Edwards is basically DOF

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: October 5, 2015, 12:59:34 am »

I think there's a lot of players in the squad that are taylor made for Klopp's style of play. 

Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Hendo, Milner, Clyne, Moreno, Lucas all would be great in a high pressing team. 

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1273 on: October 5, 2015, 01:00:17 am »

She doesn't look like a bag to me.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2015, 01:05:35 am by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1274 on: October 5, 2015, 01:01:35 am »
great post. Even though I'm in #TeamKlopp (#KloppfortheKop #NeedlessHashtags), I can certainly the possible negatives of his appointment. I do think, however, that the comunicative effect of his signing would be tremendous. He's a big figure (and I don't mean physically), with a sort of larger-than-life stature and charisma for someone who's a young-ish manager. He's certainly capable of getting the entire fanbase behind him.
On the other hand, Carlo seems more like a gentleman. And while I wouldn't frown at all if he's, ultimately, the man FSG sign (I mean, 3 European Cups!) the caveat of him only working with richer/the richest clubs lately kinda worries me. What if he's unable to work comfortably with our current setup?

So maybe the point that I was kinda trying to make is: scrap the fucking Transfer Committee and don't let Ayre make any football decision ever again ;D

PS: As much as I love Bielsa for what he did to our National Team (and I admire him as a person) - no, please no. He's a walking ticking bomb and we'd have to search for a new manager once again in 1 year or 2.

The main counter I would have to everything I said against Klopp would be that we aren´t appointing pre-Dortmund Klopp. That guy with no top-club experience and no track record of winning. So that makes a lot of what I said redundant. He comes into the club and the momentum of success behind him and everyone will immediately believe in him. He has self belief and charisma in spades and I believe he has the perfect squad to work with to get immediate results, unlike at Dortmund where a lot of work was needed and on a shoestring budget.

My main problem is a love Klopp. After Rafa is my favourite manager in all of football. And I am fucking terrified of him walking into this madhouse and failing.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #1275 on: October 5, 2015, 01:01:45 am »
I agree, like I said the second half of 13/14 was pretty much a Dortmund team so we do have the personnel pretty much to pull it off. It should be very exciting, I`m looking forward to it.

Me, too. I'm buzzing.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: October 5, 2015, 01:01:52 am »
According to many sources, looks like Klopp is done deal, hoping we announce tomorrow.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: October 5, 2015, 01:02:36 am »
Is Klopp a man who can organize a defense?

Offline edge

• Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #1278 on: October 5, 2015, 01:04:11 am »
I want Luis Suarez as player/manager

Sturridge likes this.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: October 5, 2015, 01:04:32 am »

I think the big winners are:  Moreno, Gomez, Firmino, Origi, maybe Ibe.

Add Markovic to the winners.Klopp will love him.