Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp: New Liverpool Manager Gifsteria! (Safe for Work Gifs only!)  (Read 1416760 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Liverpool Manager Discussion
« Reply #1320 on: October 5, 2015, 01:45:09 am »
A big plus (if Klopp comes) is that he knows Firmino well, having seen him at his best in Germany.

Can too

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1321 on: October 5, 2015, 01:46:44 am »
Zlatan would come for free....

hmm :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5-AnrpD0X4

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: October 5, 2015, 01:48:59 am »
Liverpool is as tough a job as you get in football. Expectations is insane, always behind the scene weirdness and the weight of history dragging down so many players.
Add on the run of games the new guy is coming into.
Needs a big personality, real ability and some luck.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1323 on: October 5, 2015, 01:51:51 am »
Klopp should be licking his lips at the thought of something like this.

He's taking over a squad full of talent and the right players to suit his brand of football.

One thing a lot of our players can do, is press.

Absolutely agree. As I said in this earlier post our team is ideal for a Klopp system, and I really don't think much player turnover is really needed.

There'll certainly be certain players who benefit from him joining more than others though. I'd be surprised if Firmino wasn't given a prominent role in our front 4 for example. Ilori and Markovic should find that they're given second chances, and this might be the making of Teixeira if he's lucky. Teixeira is very tenacious but has the required skill on the ball as well to be useful for Klopp I think, more so than perhaps Joe Allen who isn't powerful enough physically  and doesn't create enough. Hard to tell with Allen though, he may well be a key player due to his pressing ability and quickness.

The player I think losea the most is Skrtel, as Klopp will want to build something better than what we have, and Sakho is the CB to build around. Lovren might find that he's able to reinvent himself under a new manager where he doesn't have the pressure of being a "leader" as he did under BR. Lovren could feasibly work at RCB next to Sakho if he simplifies his game, as his natural tendency is to be aggressive and tackle rather than sit off like Skrtel does.

Milner is another who might be disappointed. He was promised a central role by BR, but that may not materialise under Klopp. Lucas was imperious at Goodison today but I'm not sure he has the legs for gegenpressing, though may be a key squad player nonetheless.

This should be a big win for Moreno and Sakho one would think. Mignolet's future might be interesting to follow though. Same for Ings and Ibe - BR loves British players so it'll be intriguing to see how much game time they get going forwards.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1324 on: October 5, 2015, 01:52:27 am »
However when he sees he has Milner, Henderson and Firmino in his squad he`ll be licking his lips.

Allen and Coutinho too, if 2013/14 is anything to go off.

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1325 on: October 5, 2015, 01:54:10 am »
I'd love Ancelotti, but who wouldn't want a bit of this nuttiness instead? Either way we win.

We don't have any real personality's at the club because the team is so young. We need a character that can provide some leadership. jurgen acts like he is 22 years old and that is not necessarily a bad thing. He can get this young team playing with reckless abondon. I will be interested in how he sets us up to defend. I like attacking football as much as anyone but I like a solid defence first. Build a solid defending platform and the attack will come  being able to defend wins games and championships.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1326 on: October 5, 2015, 01:56:47 am »
Zlatan would come for free....

hmm :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5-AnrpD0X4
This is exactly the sort of charisma that makes big players want to play for him. He can handle egos.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: October 5, 2015, 01:58:42 am »

Yeah I doubt he'll tolerate Skrtel and his constant backing off if he does come.

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #1328 on: October 5, 2015, 01:59:26 am »
If it turns out that FSG had no replacement lined up for Rodger's position, and a week from now negotiations with Klopp and Ancelotti have fallen through (which, if you consider FSG's tendency to make mistakes, is a possible scenario) the meltdown in here will be the worst in the history of mankind!

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1329 on: October 5, 2015, 01:59:58 am »
Klopp's situation with Dortmund is not as similar as some here thinks. Klopp took an irrelevant Dortmund side and made them champion a few years against all odds, not to mention the CL final and domestic cups. He earned such credit. Plus, even in his last season when they were terrible, he still took them to a cup final and ended 7th. He always blamed himself in last season interviews, didn't say a word against players or used excuses whatsoever.
The only thing I want to know is, did he ever use any of the following words in interviews?

Character
Intensity
Utopia

;D

Offline DeclanYNWA

• clueless/hopeless/useless member
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1330 on: October 5, 2015, 02:13:08 am »
If it turns out that FSG had no replacement lined up for Rodger's position, and a week from now negotiations with Klopp and Ancelotti have fallen through (which, if you consider FSG's tendency to make mistakes, is a possible scenario) the meltdown in here will be the worst in the history of mankind!

Honestly can't even imagine why you would prothesize such negative bullshit.
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing- Bill Shankly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: October 5, 2015, 02:14:22 am »

You've obviously not seen the comments' from reliable journos.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1332 on: October 5, 2015, 02:17:07 am »
I hope with a change in management there comes an end to the neverending cycle of leaks, whether it's line-ups available on Twitter days before a match, or knowledge of potential signings weeks before they occur.

Online Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1333 on: October 5, 2015, 02:17:33 am »
You can't?  Stick around for a while and the unimaginable becomes very real.

Online Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: October 5, 2015, 02:19:04 am »

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #1335 on: October 5, 2015, 02:20:29 am »

The manager was sacked, and everyone seems happy because best case scenario Klopp, worst case scenario Ancelotti (or the other way round). I don't want to be negative, but you have to admit, the enthusiasm in here is not entirely justified.
Anyway, i only said it in a light manner. Besides, i was the one that told before the derby that we'd have a new manager by Friday, turns out it might be sooner.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: October 5, 2015, 02:21:19 am »
;D

Man, it will be hard to talk about Gary Monk's 4 year plan ::)
« Last Edit: October 5, 2015, 02:31:41 am by elsewhere »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: October 5, 2015, 02:22:04 am »
The only thing I want to know is, did he ever use any of the following words in interviews?

Character
Intensity
Utopia

;D

;D

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: October 5, 2015, 02:33:39 am »
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1339 on: October 5, 2015, 02:33:45 am »
can anyone here actually imagine if it were anyone other than klopp or eyebrow? I'm shuddering at the thought

Offline xalonso14

• Main Stander
« Reply #1340 on: October 5, 2015, 02:34:22 am »
Listening to to talksport today a few well placed people seemed pretty convinced that Ancelloti will get the job and Klopp is a no go

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: October 5, 2015, 02:35:12 am »
probably Klopp's funniest interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbuz2vG94P4

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: October 5, 2015, 02:38:59 am »
There are papers in Bosnia ?

I should keep up more

That's fucking insulting, we're not a jungle.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1343 on: October 5, 2015, 02:39:21 am »
How did Dortmund do in Klopp's last season?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: October 5, 2015, 02:40:09 am »
"If Barcelona's team of the last four years were the first one that I saw play when I was four years of age ... with their serenity, winning 5-0, 6-0 … I would have played tennis. Sorry, that is not enough for me. What I love is that there are some things you can do in football to allow each team to win most of the matches.

"It is not serenity football, it is fighting football – that is what I like. What we call in German – English [football] … rainy day, heavy pitch, everybody is dirty in the face and they go home and can't play football for the next four weeks. This is Borussia."

;D

Klopp. Pretty please!
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: October 5, 2015, 02:47:28 am »
Klopp quotes..

On rumours Mats Hummels could join Manchester United

"If that's not a b------t story, I'll eat a broomstick."

Again on Hummels, this time when he was out injured

"We will wait for him like a good wife waiting for her husband who is in jail"

On having a hair transplant

"Yes, it’s true. I underwent a hair transplant. And I think the results are really cool, don’t you?"

On potentially being a TV presenter

"I’d have maybe presented some kind of afternoon programme where people aren’t all that interested in what you’re saying, and you just stare ahead"

During a fixture congestion

"It’s as if someone has to play the world chess championship after 72 hours of sleep deprivation."

Comparing his style to Arsene Wenger's

"He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. I like heavy metal.”

On playing in the Champions League final

"It was great, the weather was good, everything is okay, only the result is so s---t that I cannot.... All the other things were great."

On singing

"I couldn’t have been a rock star, although I do sing Country Road very loudly on the PlayStation karaoke game."

Talking to the British press.

"You don't understand? You should learn. There are some really good German explanations for some problems. But I don't know how to say it in English."

After a poor run of form to end 2014

"The best news today is that football is over for 2014, any criticism that we receive now is justified. We are standing here like complete idiots and it's completely our own fault."

On trying to outdo Bayern Munich in the transfer market

"We have bows and arrows. And when we aim precisely, we can hit the target. It's only that Bayern have a bazooka. The probability that they will hit the target is clearly higher. But then Robin Hood was apparently quite successful."

On losing Mario Gotze to Bayern

"Gotze has gone because he is Guardiola's personal chosen signing and he wants to play with Guardiola, in his style. I can't make myself 15cm shorter or start speaking Spanish"

On winning at Bayern Munich

"When Borussia Dortmund last won here 19 years ago, most of my players were still being breastfed"

On whether the night of the 2012 German Cup final—when they beat Bayern Munich 5-2—could have been any better?

"It could have been a bit warmer"

On having to give interviews after a defeat

"During the first interview, I was very disappointed. During the second one I already felt a bit better. If I wait half an hour, I’ll probably have the feeling that we won."

On creating a philosophy at the club when he took the job in 2008

"The fans should not only recognise us by our black and yellow jerseys. Even if we play in red, everyone in the stadium should think, ‘Whoa, that can only be BVB’.”
« Last Edit: October 5, 2015, 02:50:11 am by elsewhere »

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: October 5, 2015, 02:50:22 am »
Klopp is a romantic. A flawed genius. The last time we had one in Luis we loved it. Sign me up.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #1347 on: October 5, 2015, 02:52:38 am »
Wouldn't be disappointed with either one, although an Ancellotti appointment would have the dreaded air of "caretaker manager" around it.

“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1348 on: October 5, 2015, 02:53:41 am »
That being said if we end up getting Klopp as first team manager i'm shoving a fucking toaster up my rectum.

Noted.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1349 on: October 5, 2015, 02:58:24 am »
^ those are some hilarious quotes ;D

My favourites are the good wife one abou Hummels, and the heavy metal :P

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: October 5, 2015, 03:01:56 am »
^ those are some hilarious quotes ;D

My favourites are the good wife one abou Hummels,

I can see him saying the same about Sturridge after anther injury.  ;D

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1351 on: October 5, 2015, 03:05:15 am »
Wouldn't be disappointed with either one, although an Ancellotti appointment would have the dreaded air of "caretaker manager" around it.
I'm OK with a caretaker manager who leaves us with a CL and some FA Cups along the way. ;)
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: October 5, 2015, 03:11:07 am »
Heart is Klopp. Head is Ancelotti.    Ancelotti could attract bigger names perhaps, but could not see him here more than 3 years. A but live Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal.   We could follow that method and get Carra to work under Ancelotti. 

Or we could go balls out and get Klopp.

Ahhh fuck, lets get the balls out. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1353 on: October 5, 2015, 03:12:32 am »
Klopp quotes..

Comparing his style to Arsene Wenger's

"He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. I like heavy metal.”

this one I've loved since he uttered it. I think it pretty much defines Klopp ;D

Heart is Klopp. Head is Ancelotti.    Ancelotti could attract bigger names perhaps, but could not see him here more than 3 years. A but live Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal.   We could follow that method and get Carra to work under Ancelotti. 

Or we could go balls out and get Klopp.

Ahhh fuck, lets get the balls out.

are you Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal in disguise? ;)

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1354 on: October 5, 2015, 03:12:35 am »
I'll miss Brendan Rodgers, wish we went all the way in 2014 where we played some of the best football i've ever witnessed and for that and more he has my eternal gratitude.

A fundamental rule of life (or so i was taught) is that you never get rid of something unless you have a replacement that is either equal to or better than the current. So It stands to reason that competent directors wouldn't sack a manager at this stage of the season without some sort of deal or solid negotiation in place

That being said if we end up getting Klopp as first team manager i'm shoving a fucking toaster up my rectum.

I'd be very surprised if the incoming manager hasn't not only been contacted, but said yes to the job. It's obvious something has been going on behind the scenes for a few weeks.

Without disrespecting Rodgers, we have one of the best mangers in the world available in Klopp. I mean before Rodgers was appointed, it would have been a dream looking back now had Klopp been available then. Now it's reality. These are just chances that don't come your way often. FSG likely won't have a better chance in their tenure here, as long as that lasts, to hire a top coach such as Klopp. And with him comes instant clout, which we never really had in all of Rodgers 4 years.
YWNA

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: October 5, 2015, 03:17:40 am »
Listening to to talksport today a few well placed people seemed pretty convinced that Ancelloti will get the job and Klopp is a no go

Who was saying that?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: October 5, 2015, 03:18:19 am »
this one I've loved since he uttered it. I think it pretty much defines Klopp ;D

are you Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal in disguise? ;)

I wish, then I could get those manc c*nts relegated.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: October 5, 2015, 03:20:22 am »

If they appear on talksport. They are not well placed people
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: October 5, 2015, 03:22:52 am »
Anyone else apart from Klopp or Ancellotti is a step sideways or backwards for me.

Out of the 2 I don't really have a preferance myself. I did originally thought Klopp because he'd be more 'our fit' but I didn't realise Ancellotti was still relatively young so I'm split.

Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1359 on: October 5, 2015, 03:23:17 am »
I wish, then I could get those manc c*nts relegated.

so say we all!