Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 199853 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2015, 07:31:28 pm »
Rodgers will be gone by Christmas

No chance...

Bommy night at the latest
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline vitri

• Pool Baron (on away goals). Shit scared of Enemy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pro-Rafa. Hates it when people say "EPL"
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2015, 07:31:32 pm »
Poor all over the park.

Is there a single position we have a better player in now than we did three years ago?
Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2015, 07:31:35 pm »

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2015, 07:31:37 pm »
Try get Klopp in before Chelsea do FFS!

I'd like to laugh at that but you might be closer to the eventual truth than you think.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2015, 07:31:44 pm »
Worst Liverpool team in....?
Since Konchesky.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2015, 07:31:45 pm »
I'm writing this before the match finishes. I know there will be a lots of calls for a change of manager after this too.

I am not someone who does agitate constantly for change after every bad result. But this match has pretty much hammered Brendan for me. I can accept going into a match and playing defensively to get a result. Although for many Kenny's great team is the ideal, we had many years of success of playing thoroughly pragmatic football. Get the goal, shut up shop and play the match out. At the same time, I have a huge appreciation of teams which say 'sod it, let's attack'. Brendan came close to the league doing that.

But currently we're neither. We're just aimless. A huge blank. There's nothing there. Players just aren't really fitting into whatever we're doing here. Manchester United were dross today, we were worse - let's not pretend otherwise. We managed to gift them three goals. We could easily have equalised at 1-0 down. But even the draw today would still have raised questions for me. Because this team just isn't working. I can't help but suspect there's a lot more to this team than Brendan is getting right now. It feels as if there needs to be a change of manager really because we can't keep drifting like this. It's not all on Brendan, I accept that. But this is the second season of disjointed now. We're 15 points from 14 games over the two seasons. If he can't put out a team capable of looking like it fits together, then really one has to question now whether he is going to be capable of doing it at any point.

This isn't a call for him to be sacked. Yet. But he's going to need to shit tiffany cufflinks now for me not to be wondering whether this season should be his last with us. This really was always going to be his defining season here. I hope he demonstrates that he can get this team playing for an extended period rather than looking like a group of assorted individuals chosen to play by picking names out of a tombola. But I'm losing patience with the failure to do so now.

This precisely. Only I would be happy to see him step down in the post match. He needs to go immediately. I'd rather see ODriscoll give it a go at this point.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2015, 07:31:53 pm »
Like most others, I rather fear this experiment has run its course.

You can't keep making selection and set up decisions like that and expect to retain your job.

I can't even be arsed being angry. I don't think I'm ever going to expect a positive result from us with that centre back pairing starting..... Either as a pair or individually

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2015, 07:31:56 pm »
What I find funny is Rodgers persists with defenders that are shit at playing the ball out from the back and the defenders who is best at it can't get a look in.

Offline Number23

• Kopite
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:02 pm »
I think he has to go.

I always say 3 years is enough to see where the manager is at, and I think I've seen enough.

But isn't the frustrating thing that he's so inconsistent? He hasn't used the same style two seasons in a row. It's utterly confusing. What he talks and what he implements don't match up at all. At least in his first season we could see what he was trying whether we agreed with it or not. This year? I have no clue.
Death by football [Rodgers] said. Well and truly achieved. Now please leave.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:04 pm »
1-3 and we never felt close to winning it. The first half was poor. When they scored early in the second, we woke up. But just a comment on the first, it was a defensive mistake. Then came 0-2 and it was game over. We had a few chances, but there's no sharpness. Benteke scored a great goal from nothing and we got some hope back. And then it was 1-3 and game over for real.

We're on a road to nowhere. Mentally weak, no structure, no edge. We can try and make excuses. We have a case with Sturridge, Coutinho and Henderson out and then we can keep talking about lack of luck or whatever. This season is all about results. We are not getting them and what's worse, we don't look like we deserve them either.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:08 pm »
This Sky circlejerk over Martial is ridiculous. Talk about getting carried away
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:10 pm »
Lovren plays well so the haters turn on someone else ;)

Here's a scapegoat for you ... that is two games in a row now Gomez has been utter shite and, arguably, cost us points.

Also got to agree with others - the biased commentary from Tyler and Neville was truly shocking
why would they slate lovren if he played well? He rightly got slated last match after he fucked up. The martial wankfest is the worst part.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:14 pm »
He hasn't learnt from this playing from the back nonsense which causes half our problems

Pretty much all the top teams in the football world these days play from the back. It turns into nonsense if your goalie isn't down with it.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:15 pm »
The result was bad enough, but what angered me more was that we showed zero passion, desire, belief or heart -  a complete shambles of a performance, and if the team can't even bring themselves to put up a fight against Manchester United then what can we expect in future matches?

Benteke's goal was fantastic, feel sorry for him that it was surrounded by that utterly woeful performance from the entire team for the rest of the 90 minutes.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:17 pm »
If we want to save our season we can't afford to wait till then.

Not making decisions at the right time condemns clubs. Should have made the decision in the summer. Whatever happens now, we're dealing with the wreckage of a season.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:18 pm »
I think Skrtel and Lovren are the worst centreback partnership we've had at the club certainly since I can remember....and we've had some absolute shitters in the past.  That they are our first choice defensive partnership alone is a sackable offence.  Sorry Brendan, but the squad you've got is nowhere near good enough and you aren't getting them to perform to their own level let alone above it.

He should go, and he should soon.  But he won't and we'll continue this drab, insipid, rubbish excuse for football until the summer.  Shite.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:25 pm »
The best managers get the most out of their players. Especially the limited ones.

Who are we getting the best out of in our squad?
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:26 pm »
Last season I could say we dont have any attackers thats why we look average. This season however we have, Firmino, Ings, Benteke, Origi etc and we still look shit. Firmino is a class yet he really hasnt given much at all. Im just confused as to what system we are trying to use. Its like weve bought tricky pacey players and fitting them into a rigid, static system. We make dross look like class and we seem bereft of ideas.

That was just fucking awful to say the least.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:27 pm »
Since Konchesky.

;D

I'm with you on that!
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:27 pm »
The thing is, with Hodgson we still had quality players and if we got a decent manager in, which we did, we could save the club from falling off a cliff. Now...fuck knows.

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:33 pm »
How have we spent so much money and ended up with such a shit goalkeeper, defence, midfield and average attack?
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:39 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:49 pm »
Very poor first half from both teams.

First goal was well worked and we didn't deal well at all with it. We came back pretty well and gave it a good go, but with chasing the game - we were always going to be more vunerable at the back. Manchester United really are as bad as I've ever seen them. You knew they were always going to get a penno - I was just waiting for it and wasn't surprised when it was given.

WHAT a cracking goal by Benteke and the forward line put up a good display second half, Tyler made me laugh with his bias - him alongside Gary Neville was a joke. Such one-sides commentary lol. The away fans did very well - loud and singing long and hard.

We could have had something from the game, but as we were pushing, Martial scored a pretty routine goal and the defence just watched him do it.

Ho hum. At least we gave it a go. Just a pity that we didn't find that second half performance in the first half and maybe we would have come away with something. Not too downhearted about it though, plenty of football left to play this season and a few people injured and missing.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:51 pm »
Do you honestly think that FSG are going to sack a manager who they backed during the summer, allowed him to spend a shitload of money and also allow him to change the staff, right now...

Of course they arent, they're gonna stick by their man and unless something absolutely drastically wrong happens then that aint going to change. I tend to agree with people though he should have been given the boot in the summer and now i fear we are going to be paying the price for not doing that...

I'm calling somewhere within the post match comments he'll say something about "we showed character..."

Benteke's goal though... fuck me sideways.

Offline billdon

• Boys Pen
« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:53 pm »
really poor display, felt sorry for benteke got shit service from anyone, everyone else  was garbage. we are just an average team.... maybe arry was right  ::)

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:54 pm »
As limited as Rodger's selection choices were, the tactics were cowardly.

3 times he's faced Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal now and 3 times he's lost.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2015, 07:32:54 pm »
Benteke's goal aside, that was absolutely shocking.

He's going to be sacked before Halloween at this rate. We are desperately poor. Same problems as have been apparent all season - striker totally isolated, no coherence or creativity, did not look like scoring but for a special individual effort.

Agreed

Offline readybreck

• road
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:00 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen a Liverpool team so uncomfortable with the ball..lacking shape and confidence.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:02 pm »
Benteke showed a lot of character...
Continually on 11,420.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:06 pm »
I can take us losing, even if it is to this united side. Our cowardly clueless approach in the first half to this awful united side is something that I can't stomach.   
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:15 pm »
I'm quite convinced that no Liverpool player has had as many bad games for us as Martin Skrtel.

He's symptomatic of our 'well, he'll do for now' attitude that we've tolerated for far too long, and reward with contract after contract.

He is not good enough.  Accept that and move on. He let a kid make a fool out of him for the 3rd goal.
But don't be surprised if he has 3 decent performances and then another shocker.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:19 pm »
Lucas was all but sold to Beşiktaş and now he's suddenly a 1st team regular again, how on earth is that possible at a club that has a plan?! And I've said it many times before but Martin Skrtel is absolutely terrible, almost as bad as Lovren.

Couldn't agree more. Lovren was covering Skrtel's arse all game today as well as having to do his own job. Skrtel was beyond awful today.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:21 pm »
I thought our performance at Anfield last season was awful but this was unforgivable.

To go to Utd and sit behind the ball against a poor Utd side is a joke.

How anyone can believe in Rodgers after this I will never know.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:25 pm »

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:28 pm »
What I find funny is Rodgers persists with defenders that are shit at playing the ball out from the back and the defenders who is best at it can't get a look in.
He doesn't have a fucking clue.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:28 pm »
Amazing how many goals Skrtel costs us every single season.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:29 pm »
Well well well.. Worst 'perfomance' ive seen in a long time. Kiss your arse goodbye brendan.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #277 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:30 pm »
what is it with playing players out of position aswell. Playing firmino on the wings when he's clearly a player who plays behind the striker and when has ings ever played on the wings. A centre back at lb wonderful

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:30 pm »
Thank you Brendan, but time for a change.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 12, 2015, 07:33:30 pm »
Gomez was too naïve there, that prick Herrera was always going to manufacture a trip over Gomez's foot once Joe went to ground that early invitingly.