Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 344104 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #920 on: July 9, 2016, 12:39:54 pm »
You don't get Origi and Sturridge being higher up the pecking order than Danny Ings? Really? You genuinely don't get that?

Only at Liverpool would fans think about playing Danny Ings ahead of Daniel Sturridge because he runs a bit more.

As for 'prioritising because of name' ... No. He'll prioritise because Sturridge is on another planet talent wise and goal scoring wise to Danny Ings.

Genuine question....did you even read what he wrote?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #921 on: July 9, 2016, 12:44:12 pm »
Genuine question....did you even read what he wrote?

Bloody hell go away. You follow me around this place like lost puppy. Transfer forum. Tennis forum. Even PMs for god sake. If you don't like me then avoid my posts. There is a reason I ignore yours until now. We don't get along so stop responding to me.
Believe

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: July 9, 2016, 12:48:27 pm »
Bloody hell go away. You follow me around this place like lost puppy. Transfer forum. Tennis forum. Even PMs for god sake. If you don't like me then avoid my posts. There is a reason I ignore yours until now. We don't get along so stop responding to me.
I think he likes you.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #923 on: July 9, 2016, 12:54:13 pm »
World class? So Torres, Suarez, Sturridge level?

Genuine question. Based on what mate?
Yes, if he's consistent, works hard and can put his injuries behind him he can be at the level of all these players. He already has the technique and intelligence.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Sibierski Nazário

• Extremely precious about CR7
  • Kopite
« Reply #924 on: July 9, 2016, 12:56:17 pm »
 :lmao Nice wind up mate. God we don't half overate some of our own players!
Greatzman >3
AUbamumyingyang >3

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: July 9, 2016, 12:56:29 pm »
You don't get Origi and Sturridge being higher up the pecking order than Danny Ings? Really? You genuinely don't get that?

Only at Liverpool would fans think about playing Danny Ings ahead of Daniel Sturridge because he runs a bit more.

As for 'prioritising because of name' ... No. He'll prioritise because Sturridge is on another planet talent wise and goal scoring wise to Danny Ings.

I'm sorry, but you're talking about it like it's set in stone.
It isn't. He'll get his chances and can easily start a good chunk of games next season if he proves his worth.
Sturridge when on form is the best strikes we have, sure, no problem with that. Aside from that it's all up for grabs and Ings can do more then be a backup option when Sturridge and Origi are injured and Firmino is high on cookies and in his lazy mode.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #926 on: July 9, 2016, 01:00:27 pm »
:lmao Nice wind up mate. God we don't half overate some of our own players!
It wasn't  :)
I truly believe he can score goals for fun for us if given the chance, in a Klopp system.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: July 9, 2016, 01:12:18 pm »
Hes a good striker but he aint world class or even the potential to be  😐
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: July 9, 2016, 01:21:06 pm »

Lad, you didnt read what he wrote. No need to get arsey.

Klopp has made it pretty clear that he doesn't care about names and reputation, we've seen that with Origi being preferred to Sturridge quite a lot last season. The idea that Ings would never be above Sturridge or Origi regardless of performance is just....thick, really. Just really thick. I think again the problem you seem to have is confusing fact with opinion (your own). In your opinion, Ings will always be behind Sturridge and Origi in the pecking order. In reality, it'll always go down to merit, performance level, fitness etc.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #929 on: July 9, 2016, 01:30:01 pm »
Hes a good striker but he aint world class or even the potential to be  😐
That's your opinion. Mine is quite the opposite  ;)

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: July 9, 2016, 01:30:32 pm »
Lad, you didnt read what he wrote. No need to get arsey.

Klopp has made it pretty clear that he doesn't care about names and reputation, we've seen that with Origi being preferred to Sturridge quite a lot last season. The idea that Ings would never be above Sturridge or Origi regardless of performance is just....thick, really. Just really thick. I think again the problem you seem to have is confusing fact with opinion (your own). In your opinion, Ings will always be behind Sturridge and Origi in the pecking order. In reality, it'll always go down to merit, performance level, fitness etc.

Daniel Sturridge is one of the best strikers in the world. Divock Origi is one of the best young strikers in the world.

If you think Danny Ings is going to be better than them then that's your opinion. Mines is he isn't good enough based on what I have seen of all three to suggest Ings could regularly out perform Origi and Sturridge levels of performance.

Disagree if you want. Not bothered. Ings is a good solid 3rd choice. I don't think he has the talent level to be one of the best strikers in the world which Sturridge already is and in my opinion Origi has shown he can be.
Believe

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: July 9, 2016, 01:37:18 pm »
Daniel Sturridge is one of the best strikers in the world. Divock Origi is one of the best young strikers in the world.

If you think Danny Ings is going to be better than them then that's your opinion. Mines is he isn't good enough based on what I have seen of all three to suggest Ings could regularly out perform Origi and Sturridge levels of performance.

Disagree if you want. Not bothered. Ings is a good solid 3rd choice. I don't think he has the talent level to be one of the best strikers in the world which Sturridge already is and in my opinion Origi has shown he can be.

Nope, again King Klopp I dont think you read it properly.

My opinion is that Sturridge is the best striker in the league, apart from Aguero. My opinion is Origi is one of the best strikers in the league, period.

But if either of them isn't performing and Danny Ings is, then the likelihood is that Danny Ings will start to be preferred to either or both of them. I don't actually think thats remotely difficult to understand, its a really simple concept.

Aside from all of that, he's had a full year to watch Klopp in action. I actually think thats gonna be massively beneficial and I'm sure Jurgen can't have been anything but impressed with the attitude he's shown.

Certainly think he deserves more respect than mocking laughter when people suggest he could become first choice, its a real shame to see that when Liverpool fans are bigging up the players they support.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: July 9, 2016, 01:52:48 pm »
Nope, again King Klopp I dont think you read it properly.

My opinion is that Sturridge is the best striker in the league, apart from Aguero. My opinion is Origi is one of the best strikers in the league, period.

But if either of them isn't performing and Danny Ings is, then the likelihood is that Danny Ings will start to be preferred to either or both of them. I don't actually think thats remotely difficult to understand, its a really simple concept.

Aside from all of that, he's had a full year to watch Klopp in action. I actually think thats gonna be massively beneficial and I'm sure Jurgen can't have been anything but impressed with the attitude he's shown.

Certainly think he deserves more respect than mocking laughter when people suggest he could become first choice, its a real shame to see that when Liverpool fans are bigging up the players they support.

Funny you claiming I'm not reading when it's you who either can't understand the simple point I'm making or simply being deliberately obtuse.

I don't think Ings will be first choice because I don't think he can put together a level of performances consistantly higher than Sturridge or Origi.

Oh and just to make it clear for you. I haven't criticised Ings. I've said he's a very good third choice striker. I just don't believe he is good enough to become first choice striker in a side which has one of the best strikers on earth in it and one of the most exciting young strikers in the world.

You say Ings could become first choice striker in the same post as saying you believe Sturridge is the 2nd best striker in the league. So the only way he does that then is by being the best striker in the league surely?

Also I guess I should make it clear as well what a third choice striker is. He'll play games. When Sturridge/Origi are injured or need a rest perhaps. That's what a third choice striker is. I think he'll play a fair amount of games and come off the bench a fair amount.

I don't think he's good enough to start 80% of our games however like a first choice striker would.

If you want to have a serious discussion on the subject then fire away. If you just however want to take pathetic little digs then just move on and don't reply. I can't be bothered getting a thread locked for everyone else.
Believe

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: July 9, 2016, 02:47:34 pm »
It all depends on form and fitness, attitude and whether that striker is doing enough on the pitch to warrant a starting place. We all have our opinions and we should respect that.

Ings doesn't have the natural talent of Sturridge, it's true, but Sturridge doesn't work half as much for the team as Ings. Both have had long term injury problems which in turn Origi hasn't had. Origi probably has more strength than them both but is still lacking in experience at being the number one striker at a club as big as Liverpool. Lille weren't as big and when he suffered badly the year before joining us properly the fans really got on his back.

People saying Sturridge is our number one striker are basing this on their own thoughts of his overall quality, but as we saw last year Klopp preferred Origi sometimes in BIG games.

So to say that Ings will never be as good as Sturridge may in fact be in concern to his natural ability, and that would be a pretty undeniable fact. But to say Ings will not be number 1 or 2 and will always be number 3, is in fact taking opinion as fact when the evidence shows that Klopp has picked other players over said number 1 or 2 before. Benteke hardly got a game at the arse end of last season because he couldn't play the way Klopp wanted yet at the beginning of the season and half way through he was classed as our number 1.

So Sturridge if he doesn't do what Klopp wants he won't be sold because of his natural talent, but he may indeed find himself on the bench more than people think and the likes of Origi and Ings will get more than their fair share of games even if they don't have that je ne sais quoi that makes Sturrdige so clinical.

Sturridge has come back from a REALLY long injury crisis, and he has either lost some pace or he is subconsciously worried about the injury that he cant put the afterburners on like he used to. He doesn't press like Origi and Ings will but his positioning is amazing, and I mean AMAZING, with touch and close control being up there as well. He does sometimes hang on to the ball a bit too long and get caught with it but we forgive him those moments because of the things like the Europa league final goal. But he has shown he is an amazing striker since his move to us when no one else gave him a chance.

So likewise shouldn't we all give Ingsy a chance to show his worth before we condemn him or appraise him. He has had a bare handful of games for us and people are either saying he is here or there where in reality we haven't got a fucking clue as to where things will be coz we can't see into the fucking future. Give the lad some time and then see whether he makes or breaks.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #934 on: July 9, 2016, 03:09:04 pm »
Sturridge, Ings and Origi give the manager various options. I think I'll defer to his opinion on who plays where and when.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #935 on: July 9, 2016, 04:05:22 pm »
Can be doing with all these attacking options, think we have too many, need to sell some.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: July 9, 2016, 04:10:26 pm »
Can be doing with all these attacking options, think we have too many, need to sell some.

So we shall.
Benteke and Balotelli.

Offline KennyJR

• Kemlynite
« Reply #937 on: July 9, 2016, 04:57:54 pm »

Liverpool definitely have way too many attacking options for a team looking to play with only 1 striker most of the time.

Offline KennyJR

• Kemlynite
« Reply #938 on: July 9, 2016, 04:59:35 pm »
So we shall.
Benteke and Balotelli.

I heard Crustal palace are looking to secure benteke for 30 million. Don't know how true it is but this was a few days ago and haven't heard much since.

Maybe its too good to be true because benteke wasn't even worth 30 mill last season.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #939 on: July 9, 2016, 05:21:17 pm »
I heard Crustal palace are looking to secure benteke for 30 million. Don't know how true it is but this was a few days ago and haven't heard much since.

Maybe its too good to be true because benteke wasn't even worth 30 mill last season.
Benteke was a 1-in-2 striker when we bought him, and still is. With the dearth of CF's around and the amount of money available Benteke is easily worth that in football money. Just because he didn't fit with Klopp doesn't mean that he's a bad player, and I'd bet that he'll tear things up wherever he ends up next.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #940 on: July 9, 2016, 06:00:18 pm »
Last season people were saying Ings wouldn't even be fourth choice, so he's moved up a place or two while out injured. Imagine what he can do with a run of matches?

It's the height of silliness to argue and bicker over this, I think everyone is saying more or less the same thing.

Sturridge, if fit and in form, is the best striker we have.
He's not likely to be fit and in form for every game (even with this being a smaller season for us) and he's not likely to play 90 minutes week in week out. Last season we saw him rotated in and out, and that may be because of his physical problems, you don't want to overstress the system as that's where injuries come. Now it's possible that with a full pre-season and several months of full fitness behind him, he'll be in more consistent shape, but even then, there will be games where it isn't happening for him and he gets yanked off. We've seen plenty of that, and it doesn't make him any less of a great player, but I would hazard a guess that strikers are among the most frequently subbed-off players in any team, so there'll be minutes for the others, if not as many starts.

Origi and Ings will both have a chance to show what they can do. For me, there's very little between the pair of them at their best. Ings was in a great run of form before his ingjury. Origi had a hot spell later in the season. Chances are, each of them will have a period where they are playing better than the other, and whenever that coincides with Sturridge being dropped or out for whatever reason, either one of them could get games.

The main point is, it doesn't actually matter at all which of them plays or which of them scores, so long as Liverpool Football Club win matches. So come on, group hug, let's support whichever of our triple threat is on the pitch at any moment and watch us go.

Great to have Ings back on the scoresheet last night. More to come, no doubt about it.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #941 on: July 9, 2016, 06:08:28 pm »
Last season people were saying Ings wouldn't even be fourth choice, so he's moved up a place or two while out injured. Imagine what he can do with a run of matches?

It's the height of silliness to argue and bicker over this, I think everyone is saying more or less the same thing.

Sturridge, if fit and in form, is the best striker we have.
He's not likely to be fit and in form for every game (even with this being a smaller season for us) and he's not likely to play 90 minutes week in week out. Last season we saw him rotated in and out, and that may be because of his physical problems, you don't want to overstress the system as that's where injuries come. Now it's possible that with a full pre-season and several months of full fitness behind him, he'll be in more consistent shape, but even then, there will be games where it isn't happening for him and he gets yanked off. We've seen plenty of that, and it doesn't make him any less of a great player, but I would hazard a guess that strikers are among the most frequently subbed-off players in any team, so there'll be minutes for the others, if not as many starts.

Origi and Ings will both have a chance to show what they can do. For me, there's very little between the pair of them at their best. Ings was in a great run of form before his ingjury. Origi had a hot spell later in the season. Chances are, each of them will have a period where they are playing better than the other, and whenever that coincides with Sturridge being dropped or out for whatever reason, either one of them could get games.

The main point is, it doesn't actually matter at all which of them plays or which of them scores, so long as Liverpool Football Club win matches. So come on, group hug, let's support whichever of our triple threat is on the pitch at any moment and watch us go.

Great to have Ings back on the scoresheet last night. More to come, no doubt about it.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: July 9, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »
Yes, if he's consistent, works hard and can put his injuries behind him he can be at the level of all these players. He already has the technique and intelligence.
I like ings, but to say he can get to Suarez level is complete madness, he's more of a kuyt type player with more pace.

Offline Moos

• Main Stander
« Reply #943 on: July 9, 2016, 11:44:20 pm »
I like ings, but to say he can get to Suarez level is complete madness, he's more of a kuyt type player with more pace.
True, he reminds me of Kuyt. I like his dedication, this lad has the best attitude of our squad. He just keeps going and try and try and try. He is not the most polished striker, he can improve his game a lot, but his attitude is 100% positive. Even in a game against Tranmere, he gives it his all. I think he can be a great partner for either Sturridge or Origi.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: July 9, 2016, 11:52:49 pm »

That's fine with me. I miss Kuyt.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #945 on: July 10, 2016, 09:59:20 am »
Sturridge has elite level goal contribution (goals and assists). Sturridge fact, he has the 4th highest goal contribution per minute in the premiership, EVER. The 3 ahead of Sturridge are Ronaldo, Henry, Suarez.
Sturridge is the fastest Liverpool player to 50 goals (goals per minutes) EVER.
But Sturridge isn't going to chase down the ball and chase lost causes and hound defenders every single minute he is on the pitch. That just isn't going to happen.

So the question is, what does Klopp value more? Industry or goals? Looking at what Ings brings to the table he is absolutely perfect for Klopp's style of play but Sturridge is a guaranteed goal scorer but isn't going to press from the front.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 10:02:22 am by spider-neil »

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #946 on: July 10, 2016, 10:06:30 am »
All I want from Dings to do is snap continuously at the heels of Sturridge, Origi and to hound them consistently for the starting place.

If it ends with him displacing either of them, great - it only meant he's up his contribution level to the benefit of the team, which is what Klopp values and we should too.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: July 10, 2016, 12:38:48 pm »
He's a better player than some give him credit for, scoring double figures in the Premier League for a relegated team is very good for a 22 year old. I remember saying we should sign him in the January before we did. Remains to be seen what the injury has done to his pace though.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #948 on: July 10, 2016, 01:47:21 pm »
I was delighted to see Danny back in action against Tranmere. He seems like a genuine lad and his strong work ethic should make him an ideal player for Klopp to work with. He's not going to be a 20 goal a season striker but there are few of those around nowadays. If he can have a similar impact to Dirk Kuyt - strong work ethic, good relationship with the fans and banging in a few goals - he will be a very popular Liverpool player.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #949 on: July 10, 2016, 02:35:24 pm »
Can be our Hernandez this season; coming off the bench to stretch play and pop up in the box at the right time
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: July 10, 2016, 05:11:33 pm »
Do we have a Sturridge thread?
Just wanted to ask what everyone thinks of his pace going. Is it overstated? To me he still looks like he has quick feet and can find space in the box, but downside is he wont be scoring some of the goals we're used to seeing from him in 13/14. Doesnt really have the pace to beat his man struggles with it and sometimes he looks less agile like his body responds to what his brain does half a second slower which gives the defender time to nip in. Saying all that hes adjusted his game well and I think that he'll still score enough goals for us, just dont think he'll score them as quickly.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: July 11, 2016, 04:34:31 pm »

You say Ings could become first choice striker in the same post as saying you believe Sturridge is the 2nd best striker in the league. So the only way he does that then is by being the best striker in the league surely?

Um no, try again. If you pass 2nd you are not in 1st.

[emoji3]
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: July 11, 2016, 04:54:37 pm »
He's no slower than Suarez so I don't think his pace is that debilitating. My issue is he doesn't have the first touch, dribbling or guile of an elite striker. A guy like David Villa for instance is a guy that Ings could mirror his game off but IMO he'll never be as gifted with his first touch and dribbling.

And Suarez is just a whole different level.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #953 on: July 11, 2016, 06:25:58 pm »
Here's me thinking his first touch is one of his best assets  ;D
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: July 11, 2016, 06:29:51 pm »
Can he play the Griezmann role for us

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: July 11, 2016, 06:31:45 pm »
Here's me thinking his first touch is one of his best assets  ;D
Yeah, I thought his great first touch was what lead to his goal the other day.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #956 on: July 11, 2016, 06:44:49 pm »
Can he play the Griezmann role for us

?

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: July 11, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »
Sincerely, every single post has been about griezmann. Strange.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: July 11, 2016, 06:48:41 pm »

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: July 11, 2016, 06:49:06 pm »
Sincerely, every single post has been about griezmann. Strange.

I wonder why...