Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 344106 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #880 on: May 6, 2016, 07:27:06 pm »
Could be Klopp's Kuyt. Excited for him next season, would like to see him get a run out at West Brom.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #881 on: May 6, 2016, 07:47:09 pm »
Great news Hopefully can get few minutes against Chelsea and West Brom

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #882 on: May 6, 2016, 08:05:17 pm »
Great news Hopefully can get few minutes against Chelsea and West Brom

Judging by Klopp's comments it's unlikely, but excited to see him next season.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: May 6, 2016, 08:15:09 pm »
yes, welcome back Dings!

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: May 7, 2016, 01:37:19 am »
Klopp will love Ings versatility up front. A true wide striker who can score goals. Looking forward to him being back in full flow next season. His off the field attitude and personality are big +++
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: May 7, 2016, 02:19:27 am »
How long has he been back in training now? I really hope we see him get some minutes before the season is out.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #886 on: May 8, 2016, 12:49:22 pm »
yessss!!!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #887 on: July 8, 2016, 09:16:35 pm »
The player I'm probably looking forward to seeing the most in a red shirt next season.

Its all setting itslef up nicely. The proverbial 'like a new signing'

Yes its just one game, yes there is ages to go, yes we may buy more players and yes I may be getting carried away. But I can't wait! to see him getting at teams in the league.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #888 on: July 8, 2016, 09:17:49 pm »
The player I'm probably looking forward to seeing the most in a red shirt next season.

Same here.
Just something about him, that 'never give up' attitude.
He'll be up for it alright.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: July 8, 2016, 09:19:42 pm »
I fucking love him Chops, I'm still gutted I didn't win that fucking curry auction with him :)

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #890 on: July 8, 2016, 09:19:57 pm »
Looked sharp considering it was only the first game of pre-season, played well and got his goal.

He'll do very well for Klopp, never stops moving and looking to stretch defences.  Delighted to see him back on the pitch.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: July 8, 2016, 09:29:31 pm »
I think he'll be good for Klopp's pressing game. Let's hope he stays injury free.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #892 on: July 8, 2016, 09:39:57 pm »
He probably won't start many games as he's third choice striker in a system which only plays one -although Sturridge and Origi are both capable of picking up injuries which keep them out for weeks at a time - but nonetheless he's going to be a VERY good option this season. May or may not offer as many goals as Benteke did last season but what he will offer I think is a player who fits the system better than Benteke did and a player who will do what the manager asks of him in terms of the movements behind the defence and especially with the work rate which Klopp wants from his strikers.
Believe

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: July 8, 2016, 11:50:50 pm »
Desire, money can't buy but this lad has it in bucket loads

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #894 on: July 9, 2016, 12:27:18 am »
He probably won't start many games as he's third choice striker in a system which only plays one -although Sturridge and Origi are both capable of picking up injuries which keep them out for weeks at a time - but nonetheless he's going to be a VERY good option this season. May or may not offer as many goals as Benteke did last season but what he will offer I think is a player who fits the system better than Benteke did and a player who will do what the manager asks of him in terms of the movements behind the defence and especially with the work rate which Klopp wants from his strikers.

think this is a great summary of Ings, good 3rd option to have.  Happy he is back in the squad - will definitely get mins supporting Sturridge and Origi this season

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #895 on: July 9, 2016, 12:41:25 am »

If he gets the chances Benteke got last season I reckon he'd outscore him with ease.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #896 on: July 9, 2016, 12:42:45 am »
Back to form scoring! Please stay fit Danny! I'm hoping for at least 10 from him this season.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: July 9, 2016, 01:59:11 am »
I think if he plays like he did today with consistency he wil get a LOT of games for us this season. Playing like he did today and getting regular ggoals too he could be more than 3rd choice. He might not have the silky skills of Sturridge or the strength of Origi but his drive and fight will get him chances to prove he is good enough for us I think. Klopp will love that I think too.

well done Danny boy, keep it up

YNWA

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: July 9, 2016, 04:03:14 am »
https://streamable.com/p0de

his goal. great run by AA

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #899 on: July 9, 2016, 04:43:20 am »
I think Ings has everything in his locker to be a cult hero ala Kuyt or Bellamy. No riff raff, not the first name on the team sheet, but when he's called upon he works his bollocks off and puts the ball in the back of the net. Just look at that shot, no finesse (not that he doesn't have it in his locker, he does), he just twats it in the net as hard as he can. He used the path of least resistance. I love that. He's an simple player in the best way possible.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: July 9, 2016, 04:46:21 am »
His first-touch is brilliant. Half of his scoring chances are created by his first-touch.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: July 9, 2016, 05:15:21 am »
just watched the 2nd half

didnt realize he is such a fucking livewire inside the box. Nearly every chance that fell inside the box went to him either by his clever positioning and movement.  Really missed him buzzing around after seeing how statuesque our record signing forward is. Benteke got a big task if he feels he can get into the squad.

Hope he kicks on and stay fit.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: July 9, 2016, 05:28:27 am »
Ings has no intention of being a 3rd choice forward. You'll find him on the team sheet more than most on here expect.

In 45 minutes, he created more chances, took more chances and of course scored more than anyone else in the match. I love it when a player looks gutted when he misses a opportunity (header, over-head) and gets straight back up looking for his next one.

It was like he missed scoring more than playing.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #903 on: July 9, 2016, 05:37:57 am »
Could be Klopp's Kuyt. Excited for him next season, would like to see him get a run out at West Brom.
Was Dirk ever injured?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: July 9, 2016, 05:56:23 am »
Was Dirk ever injured?

Does not compute....

DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
DIRK CANNOT BE BROKEN
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #905 on: July 9, 2016, 06:17:05 am »
Was Dirk ever injured?

If he was I can't remember anything long term. He's still playing 30 plus games a season now in Holland. Absolute beast!

Dings is extremely likeable and I really hope he does well him. I'm sure Klopp will love him.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #906 on: July 9, 2016, 06:53:48 am »
Brilliant player, his first touch is astounding.  Going to be a worldie under Klopp.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: July 9, 2016, 07:03:57 am »
Wow.....liked the way he took the goal.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: July 9, 2016, 08:29:21 am »
Don't get this 'he is our 3rd choice striker' stuff. If last season has taught us anything about the so called pecking order of our strikers it's that Klopp will pick who he sees as the best fit for a specific game.

Origi lead the line a lot more than people would have expected as did firmino, both of them at times even ahead of our '1st choice' in sturridge. Ings has only just started getting an opportunity to show Klopp what he can do because of his injury. Honestly I don't think he's goes into the season as a 3rd choice option.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #909 on: July 9, 2016, 09:29:22 am »
Don't get this 'he is our 3rd choice striker' stuff. If last season has taught us anything about the so called pecking order of our strikers it's that Klopp will pick who he sees as the best fit for a specific game.

Origi lead the line a lot more than people would have expected as did firmino, both of them at times even ahead of our '1st choice' in sturridge. Ings has only just started getting an opportunity to show Klopp what he can do because of his injury. Honestly I don't think he's goes into the season as a 3rd choice option.

I've heard from several sources (Anfield Wrap) that Klopp wants the first block of games to be the players who have completed the full preseason with players from the Euros being blooded into the team later. So it's not too far fetched to see Ings starting the first game of the season vs Arsenal.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #910 on: July 9, 2016, 09:30:24 am »
This guy and Mane are going to improve everyone around them this season. They're going to create all sorts of confusion whilst bringing that mental workrate that we've sort of been missing since Luis left. He's got that single-minded "head down always be moving towards goal" vibe and as others have mentioned his first touch is generally brilliant. Could easily nail down a starting spot as second striker behind Origi or Danny this season.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: July 9, 2016, 10:01:56 am »
Ings has no intention of being a 3rd choice forward. You'll find him on the team sheet more than most on here expect.

Not unless Sturridge or Origi are injured. Maybe even Firmino.
Believe

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #912 on: July 9, 2016, 10:14:12 am »

I think some people think because Sturridge doesn't charge down the ball and chase lost causes he will drop out of the team. Time will tell.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: July 9, 2016, 12:18:04 pm »

I don't really get this.
Do you honestly think Klopp is going to prioritize a player because of his name if he's not proving his worth in training and on the pitch when he gets minutes? If Ings plays better then either of those (why this would not be possible is beyond me) he'll start games. I doubt there's a set in stone list - all will get chances and it's up to them to take them. Origi did the same last season and left Benteke on the bench in a flash.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #914 on: July 9, 2016, 12:19:13 pm »
I don't really get this.
Do you honestly think Klopp is going to prioritize a player because of his name if he's not proving his worth in training and on the pitch when he gets minutes? If Ings plays better then either of those (why this would not be possible is beyond me) he'll start games. I doubt there's a set in stone list - all will get chances and it's up to them to take them. Origi did the same last season and left Benteke on the bench in a flash.
Are you doubting (King) Klopp himself?

Personally, the only reason Dings isn't getting much love in here is because he's yet to actually shine that much - hopefully with an injury free season he'll put on a display to threaten Sturridge and Origi. It's good for the team.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: July 9, 2016, 12:26:48 pm »
Absolutely.
I'm hoping he has an incredible season because it will make both Sturridge and Origi raise their game as well.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: July 9, 2016, 12:29:17 pm »
I don't really get this.

You don't get Origi and Sturridge being higher up the pecking order than Danny Ings? Really? You genuinely don't get that?

Only at Liverpool would fans think about playing Danny Ings ahead of Daniel Sturridge because he runs a bit more.

As for 'prioritising because of name' ... No. He'll prioritise because Sturridge is on another planet talent wise and goal scoring wise to Danny Ings.
Believe

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #917 on: July 9, 2016, 12:30:25 pm »
Are you doubting (King) Klopp himself?

I'm obviously mental thinking Daniel Sturridge is better than Danny Ings  ::)
Believe

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #918 on: July 9, 2016, 12:34:06 pm »
Don't expect him to stay 3rd choice you'll be  deceived. The lad has potential to be world class   :wave
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: July 9, 2016, 12:37:58 pm »
Don't expect him to stay 3rd choice you'll be  deceived. The lad has potential to be world class   :wave

World class? So Torres, Suarez, Sturridge level?

Genuine question. Based on what mate?
Believe