Author Topic: Divock Origi on loan at Wolfsburg  (Read 199620 times)

Online BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Fuck FIFA.
Re: Divock Origi on loan at Wolfsburg
« Reply #2280 on: September 2, 2017, 01:01:18 AM »
Delighted for him. Good luck Divock. Hope to see you back here after you smash the Bundesliga for a year. No way they pay 6m euros for him if he isn't going to be first choice.

Love the guy. Seems to have been brought up the right way and has his head in the right place.

I struggled to see where minutes came from for him this season though. Last year Sturridge was mostly injured and then kept away from football until he was fit. Ings was also out. So Origi had a pretty much free run at the backup striker minutes and also got time on the wing, ok played pushing Firmino onto the wing as we had few options there.

This season, we have added Salah, AoC, Solanke as well as Wilson who I think will get minutes after his performance last season, albeit in the league cup. We will also see Ings comeback at some point and I believe Sturridge is on a specific program now that should see him break the cycle he has been in. So there is just a lot of depth now for those minutes he was guaranteed to pick up last season off the bench. Sure, we have more minutes from European football but overall I just saw him (or Solanke) struggling for gametime.
Gonna stay behind at work and wait to see what happens.

I am betting some split arse and crying.

Offline jillc

• Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2281 on: September 3, 2017, 12:09:57 AM »
I thought this was a really classy message from the lad.

https://twitter.com/DivockOrigi/status/903835562334978051
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2282 on: September 3, 2017, 12:18:02 AM »

He's a great lad. Top professional and I have no doubt he'll have a great career. Has already come on leaps and bounds and is relatively young.

Offline Claude Cat

• Main Stander
« Reply #2283 on: September 3, 2017, 12:25:50 AM »
Proper loved him in that late 15/16 run he had up until getting injured against the bitter.

Best of luck to him at Wolfsburg

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #2284 on: September 3, 2017, 01:26:09 AM »
Something that's worth remembering is that he is still very young. I think it's great we included the clause about bringing him back in January if needed - not only is it useful, but it send the lad a message that we've not given up on him at all.

Offline Die Nullfünfer

• Believer
  • Don’t think about it, just play football.
« Reply #2285 on: September 3, 2017, 01:39:40 AM »
Something that's worth remembering is that he is still very young. I think it's great we included the clause about bringing him back in January if needed - not only is it useful, but it send the lad a message that we've not given up on him at all.

I think Div knows that, he seems to have a solid relationship with the boss, and he'll have left him in no doubt. Even the other week he made a point to talk about Div in that post match interview on NBCSN, saying how tough it is to leave him out of the squad and how well he's been working and looking in training.  And it was Origi who was keen on the loan, partly I guess he's understandibly worried about missing out on the world cup. 

But yes, I agree totally about the clause, its' just very sensible. It's a nice safety net to know he's available.
"The problem with transfers is nobody cares about the players who are still here. What do we do with the ones who are still here? Put them away? Get them to leave? If we expect commitment from the players, we have to show commitment too, to work and development." Jürgen Klopp

Offline Djozer

• Believer
« Reply #2286 on: September 3, 2017, 01:14:15 PM »

He's always come across as a really nice guy, from the few interviews with him that I've seen. There's more human decency contained within that single tweet than in the sum total of all of Donald Drumpf's put together.

I hope he does well at Wolfsburg. We seem fairly well stocked at centre forward and even out wide now, with our various options, so I think a loan move was best for all concerned. He's never quite been the same after that nasty challenge in the derby, but I still believe there's a really good player in there. I know it's a cliche, but he really does have all the tools - he just needs to knit them together, add a dash of confidence and he could become an elite striker. Best of luck big man, see you soon.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2287 on: September 19, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »
Scored earlier versus Bremen: https://streamable.com/hfuwh
"To win something and share it with the fans is the greatest feeling in football"

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Believer
« Reply #2288 on: Yesterday at 04:02:17 AM »
Good to see him making runs like that to score, seemed a bit passive at times here.