Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 344029 times)

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1120 on: September 17, 2016, 04:07:24 pm »
I'd be surprised if he isn't involved against Derby, good opportunity to get him and Origi some playing time.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1121 on: September 18, 2016, 10:01:56 am »
Probs not gonna happen for him here to be honest. Not through lack of skill but just timing. I like him though and think he has a place on the other side of Mane due to his workrate

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: September 18, 2016, 10:55:55 am »
Can only see him getting a chance in the league through suspensions and injuries, which to be fair, we get quite a few of.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #1123 on: September 18, 2016, 11:26:34 am »
We rejected £20m for him like so I think Klopp likes him

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1124 on: September 18, 2016, 12:06:53 pm »
He'll get games. Particularly around Christmas. He's been out for nearly 12 months though, so he needs to be patient and build himself back up.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: September 18, 2016, 02:33:13 pm »
We rejected £20m for him like so I think Klopp likes him

I missed that!  Who bid that?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: September 18, 2016, 03:54:45 pm »
I missed that!  Who bid that?

Weren't Sunderland in for him?

He should be patient, work his socks off in training and bide his time. I'm sure he's doing that!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #1127 on: September 18, 2016, 04:15:17 pm »
if he doesn't start against derby then he's gone then Klopp might think he is not ready physically for a full start  :D
The change is cast

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: September 18, 2016, 04:27:37 pm »
Seeing the training pics today I'm pretty sure Ings will start.

With origi

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1129 on: September 18, 2016, 06:59:03 pm »
Seeing the training pics today I'm pretty sure Ings will start.

With origi
Demolition derby. Both will have a point to prove, both are capable of proving it.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1130 on: September 20, 2016, 01:29:14 am »
Klopp was less certain that Danny Ings would feature against the Championship strugglers. The Reds striker hasn’t played so far this term with Klopp insisting he needed to build up his fitness levels after missing most of last season with a cruciate ligament injury.

Belgium international Divock Origi is expected to lead the line at the iPro Stadium.

“Danny is working hard but the situation is like it is with a lot of strikers,” Klopp added.

“He is close. He is a wonderful boy and it is difficult when he works really hard and is not involved. Of course you want to give the players something back but that’s not always possible. As soon as it is possible I will pay back.”

From here: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-can-fit-ready-make-11909109

I have no problem with how they are handling this, he suffered a bad injury which kept him out almost a season.  And right now, the team are ticking and are ok without him. They have Origi to bring back in tomorrow, so no hurry for Ings.

And when Kloppo says he'll 'pay back' all the work he's doing, I believe him  :) Ingsy will get his chances.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: September 20, 2016, 01:45:43 am »
I think an important job for Klopp this season is maintaining the morale of these fringe players. Right now, while both Sturridge and Origi are both fit, he's not going to get a look in. I'm sure Klopp has been brutally honest about this with Danny. But if he can accept that this season, he will absolutely play a role if we get back in to Europe.

I think along with the youngsters we have coming through, in particular the likes of Grujic, Trent AA, Woodburn, Ejaria, Ojo etc, our squad won't need that much at all adding if we have to deal with European football. It's a season of preparation for them.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1132 on: September 20, 2016, 10:00:39 pm »
Can see him going out on loan in January unless we have an injury crisis, things just doesn't seem to be going for him at the moment.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: September 20, 2016, 10:14:17 pm »
Can see him going out on loan in January unless we have an injury crisis, things just doesn't seem to be going for him at the moment.

Eh, he has played one game.

Plenty of games between now and Jan. He has a play to play in our squad

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #1134 on: September 20, 2016, 10:14:49 pm »
And when Kloppo says he'll 'pay back' all the work he's doing, I believe him  :) Ingsy will get his chances.

Very reassuring to hear that from Klopp.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1135 on: September 20, 2016, 10:15:12 pm »
Chased well but didn't really have time to get into the match
#JFT97

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1136 on: September 20, 2016, 10:16:47 pm »

He's had 30 minutes of first team football after missing the majority of last season. I'd be more surprised if he was straight back into the form he was showing before his injury.

You may well be right but he deserves time to find some form again.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #1137 on: September 26, 2016, 10:08:17 am »
Scored for the u-23s yesterday vs. Sunderland. Hope he is getting premier league ready, really like him as a player. Does Klopp fancy using him this season?

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #1138 on: September 26, 2016, 12:47:41 pm »

I think we will see another striker ahead of Dings before the end of season, because some fans like him doesn't mean Klopp those, and from what I have seen so far this season Ejaria will get more minutes then Dings!

Offline Dpt1983

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1139 on: September 26, 2016, 12:49:02 pm »
Scored for the u-23s yesterday vs. Sunderland. Hope he is getting premier league ready, really like him as a player. Does Klopp fancy using him this season?

Not if he can help it

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1140 on: September 26, 2016, 01:14:36 pm »
I think we will see another striker ahead of Dings before the end of season, because some fans like him doesn't mean Klopp does.
http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-transfer-window-inside-story/84124
Quote from: Tony Barrett
Equally, Danny Ings fits in with Klopp's vision and as a result Liverpool were empowered to reject approaches that valued the former Burnley player at £20 million.
I don't think it's just the fans that like, respect and see him as being part of squad.

A manager rarely rejected such an offer for a player they see as surplus to requirements.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #1141 on: September 26, 2016, 01:51:02 pm »
http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-transfer-window-inside-story/84124I don't think it's just the fans that like, respect and see him as being part of squad.

A manager rarely rejected such an offer for a player they see as surplus to requirements.

Thanks for pointing this out. great article  :wave

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: September 26, 2016, 01:59:09 pm »
I think we will see another striker ahead of Dings before the end of season, because some fans like him doesn't mean Klopp those, and from what I have seen so far this season Ejaria will get more minutes then Dings!

Not sure who this mystery striker is who's waiting to bust through. Also, what has Ejaria remotely got to do with Ings?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: September 26, 2016, 02:00:02 pm »
Love his attitude so far.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline AshLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #1144 on: September 26, 2016, 03:48:30 pm »
Love his attitude so far.

Absolutely. I think it'll be difficult to accommodate him given how we are doing at the moment and the options we have, but considering he's not getting game time, fair play to the lad for keeping his head down. 

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1145 on: September 26, 2016, 04:06:50 pm »
Absolutely. I think it'll be difficult to accommodate him given how we are doing at the moment and the options we have, but considering he's not getting game time, fair play to the lad for keeping his head down.

...and, importantly, his chin up!

Offline Dpt1983

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1146 on: September 26, 2016, 04:10:39 pm »
I think ings seems to have a good attitude just hasn't got the ability to match

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1147 on: September 26, 2016, 04:11:59 pm »
I think ings seems to have a good attitude just hasn't got the ability to match

Based on all the goals he scores and that?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Dpt1983

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1148 on: September 26, 2016, 04:13:56 pm »
Based on all the goals he scores and that?

All the goals? What goals?

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: September 26, 2016, 04:17:04 pm »
All the goals? What goals?
His 40 goals at a goal every 3 games for an up and down Burnley side is what he's referencing.

If you don't know that Danny Ings has scored goals, it's probably not worth joining this conversation.

Offline Dpt1983

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1150 on: September 26, 2016, 04:19:57 pm »
His 40 goals at a goal every 3 games for an up and down Burnley side is what he's referencing.

If you don't know that Danny Ings has scored goals, it's probably not worth joining this conversation.

Haha of course I know he's scored goals, I was trying to think of the ones for us.there's been loads of his type throughout the years. Not good enough for liverpool.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1151 on: September 26, 2016, 04:25:15 pm »
Haha of course I know he's scored goals, I was trying to think of the ones for us.there's been loads of his type throughout the years. Not good enough for liverpool.

Didn't he have something like 3 in 8 before his injury last season? How you can draw any conclusions based on so little game time is beyond me.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: September 26, 2016, 04:31:00 pm »
Show some respect. You have no idea what you're talking about. He was our first choice striker and scoring goals before Klopp came on board. It was unfortunate that he had the ACL injury. Otherwise, he would have been a solid option for Klopp and might even have been ahead of Benteke in the pecking order last season.

He is definitely in Klopp's plan. And when he is fully ready, he will get his chances.

Not good enough for Liverpool? Just as the defender from Augsburg? And the midfielder from the relegated Newcastle? You do not understand one jot of Klopp's ethos
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1153 on: September 26, 2016, 04:49:19 pm »
Haha of course I know he's scored goals, I was trying to think of the ones for us. There's been loads of his type throughout the years. Not good enough for Liverpool.
Fuck me, where do you people come from!?! Based on what? The 3 league games he played, scoring 2 goals in the process? What part of supporter don't you get?

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #1154 on: September 26, 2016, 05:44:36 pm »
I can see him interchanging intelligently with the other creative players and pressing effectively upfront. If he continues to build on his fitness he'll add to the squad depth when we get deeper into the season.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: September 26, 2016, 06:16:07 pm »
Codswallop. Come back when he's been given months of game time and hasn't stepped up, not when he's under a recovery and fitness programme to get him to Klopp's expectation level.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: September 26, 2016, 06:25:51 pm »
Codswallop. Come back when he's been given months of game time 

Is that the length of his ban?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Dpt1983

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1157 on: September 26, 2016, 07:52:03 pm »
Haha people need to calm down! It's an opinion, which I thought I was allowed on here. I didn't realise I had to follow everyone else's opinion.

Offline Dpt1983

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1158 on: September 26, 2016, 07:52:45 pm »
Fuck me, where do you people come from!?! Based on what? The 3 league games he played, scoring 2 goals in the process? What part of supporter don't you get?

Where do I come from? Winsford why?

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: September 26, 2016, 07:57:20 pm »
Haha people need to calm down! It's an opinion, which I thought I was allowed on here. I didn't realise I had to follow everyone else's opinion.

Until you have a single thing to base your opinion on, other than your own lacklustre footballing knowledge, then it's fair to bust out the shotguns and shoot you down. ;)