Author Topic: Joseph Gomez  (Read 149756 times)

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! Averaging 13 posts a day- unluckily for us.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Joseph Gomez
« Reply #1400 on: September 19, 2017, 09:41:52 PM »
Needs to learn from that first goal. He literally pushed out with the rest of the team then ran back 10 yards and played everyone on not once but twice.

He has all the tools to be great, just whether he has it in his mind.

Online tubby

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1401 on: September 19, 2017, 09:44:13 PM »
Not convinced yet.  I like his passing out from the back, plays similar angled balls into midfield like Sakho used to, but I can't believe he's 6'2 and he's got a lot to work on defensively.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #1402 on: September 19, 2017, 10:38:56 PM »
Was awful after the mistake.  Could tell it shook him up.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team.
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #1403 on: September 19, 2017, 11:44:07 PM »
not convinced by him so far at all i'll be honest, but he's young . hopefully the last few games he's played will be a key role in his development

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Believer
« Reply #1404 on: September 19, 2017, 11:53:48 PM »
Poor tonight but he is only 20. If Clyne is back on schedule and we can get in another CB in January I think it would do him some good to get a decent set of games in on loan out of the limelight.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1405 on: Yesterday at 12:00:19 AM »
He's looked good at fullback - players his age rarely look good at center back. When did Carra move there?

Online Bergersleftpeg

• Believer
« Reply #1406 on: Yesterday at 12:27:25 AM »
It is very hard to come in at CB at his age. It is very, very hard to play CB at that age when the midfield offers almost no protection. It is very very very hard to play CB at that age when the midfield offers almost no protection and there is no quality senior pro next to you talking you through the game.

I feel sorry for the lad. He would do a hell of a lot better with a Carra, Sami or even a Lucas next to him.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Believer
« Reply #1407 on: Yesterday at 12:29:39 AM »
He's looked good at fullback - players his age rarely look good at center back. When did Carra move there?

I think it was pretty much when Benitez took over and sold Henchoz? That was when Carra was 26.

On the other hand players like Terry and Ferdinand were playing consistent first team football at CB from 20/21.

I think Gomez has a huge ceiling in terms of talent and athleticism but it isn't straightforward to find a position for him - he's not a natural enough centre back to put him straight in there at 20 but at the same time he is never going to be as good as he can be playing full back long term.