Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 628183 times)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7400 on: August 20, 2020, 09:44:35 pm »
I don't know. I think the basketball we've seen in the bubble has been great. I guess these players, with nothing much to do, really have only basketball to focus on. Especially now that you're in playoffs, everyone is looking sharp, except 76érs (poor Embiid) and Nets (who seem to be happy just to be there).

I think playing without the crowds should benefit the shooters. I'll be interested to see how shooting percentages are these playoffs compared to last.
Easier to look crisp and sharp without needing to face away support. Especially down the stretch.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7401 on: August 20, 2020, 09:46:39 pm »
Mavs would be 2-0 up but for that BS Porzingis ejection in Game 1. Very annoying as I want to see Luka go far in these playoffs, he's the most exciting prospect in the league IMO

I really like him. Like a more mobile Paul Pierce. Or with the athleticism of a young Pierce with the confidence and game intelligence of a veteran Pierce.
Really impressed by him. I'll watch a Dallas game simply because of him, and enjoy it even more when KP doesn't show up in a big way.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7402 on: August 20, 2020, 10:19:40 pm »
I really like him. Like a more mobile Paul Pierce. Or with the athleticism of a young Pierce with the confidence and game intelligence of a veteran Pierce.
Really impressed by him. I'll watch a Dallas game simply because of him, and enjoy it even more when KP doesn't show up in a big way.
;D

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7403 on: August 20, 2020, 10:49:09 pm »
;D

As Knicks supporters, we might as well enjoy these sorts of little moments. We're sure as heck not going to get all that many enjoyments from the Knicks come Playoff time. This decade at least. ;D

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7404 on: August 21, 2020, 10:52:01 am »
Saw Knicks got the 8th pick in the lottery, how do they have such bad luck.l?! Who are people thinking Warriors will draft, someone for them selves or someone to trade
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #7405 on: August 21, 2020, 11:25:05 am »
Guess that's panic over for the Lakers. Made it look easy last night. Davis was having his way with Portland all night, was fun watching Whiteside try and defend him.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7406 on: August 21, 2020, 11:33:36 am »
Saw Knicks got the 8th pick in the lottery, how do they have such bad luck.l?! Who are people thinking Warriors will draft, someone for them selves or someone to trade
Warriors gonna be fully healthy next season and now they got a number 2 pick will be a major force again in the western conference.

Speaking of major forces in the western conference I think Dallas are one more star player away from being title contenders as Luka is that special. Forget Giannis being the best player after LeBron calls it day that accolade will go to Luka Doncic.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 11:36:43 am by kloppagetime »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7407 on: August 21, 2020, 01:54:03 pm »
Isn't this draft class a bit shit? So could the Warriors trade back and try to get a veteran who can help them win now?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7408 on: August 21, 2020, 10:03:11 pm »
Utah Jazz absolutely thrashing Nuggets atm

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7409 on: August 21, 2020, 10:04:17 pm »
Isn't this draft class a bit shit? So could the Warriors trade back and try to get a veteran who can help them win now?
we'll probably trade the pick and Wiggins in the draft night.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7410 on: August 22, 2020, 10:08:22 am »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7411 on: August 22, 2020, 10:13:37 am »
Van Vleet was one of the best pickups imaginable by Ujiri.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7412 on: August 22, 2020, 10:48:25 am »
Van Vleet was one of the best pickups imaginable by Ujiri.
He really was,many thought he was too small and short for the league but Raptors have a key player now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7413 on: August 22, 2020, 01:32:31 pm »
Doncic needs to improve his free throw shooting pronto.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7414 on: August 22, 2020, 02:23:52 pm »
76ers need to fire Brett Brown and Elton Brand asap once this series is over.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7415 on: August 23, 2020, 10:19:03 pm »
Luka playing on one leg bringing his team back from 22 points down and on his way to another triple double. The guy's an absolute megastar in the making.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7416 on: August 23, 2020, 11:13:15 pm »
This Mavs/Clippers game is crazy

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7417 on: August 23, 2020, 11:37:02 pm »
OH MY WORD!!! LUKA!!!

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7418 on: August 23, 2020, 11:38:54 pm »
Wow Luka Doncic you absolute superstar. What an insane 3 to win it in OT, with a triple-double as well.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7419 on: August 23, 2020, 11:41:17 pm »
43-13-17 with game winner on sprained ankle, this kid is amazing!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7420 on: August 23, 2020, 11:42:19 pm »
OH MY WORD!!! LUKA!!!
Mike Breen let out two Bangs, that's how good it was.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7421 on: August 23, 2020, 11:43:36 pm »
Just a mad game. Ridiculous individual performance. To think if he misses that it's series over basically. Just unreal.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7422 on: August 23, 2020, 11:58:19 pm »
Real Madrid Luka's ranked:
1. Doncic
2. Modric
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7423 on: August 24, 2020, 01:46:37 am »
Doncic needs to improve his free throw shooting pronto.

I remember earlier this season he was sitting at about 81%, up 10% from his rookie year, but it's fallen away since bubbleball started. Maybe he likes the pressure.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7424 on: August 24, 2020, 01:47:46 am »
Is Doncic any good defensively? I guess the answer to that question will tell us whether we're looking at a potential GOAT.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7425 on: August 24, 2020, 03:03:12 am »
Is Doncic any good defensively? I guess the answer to that question will tell us whether we're looking at a potential GOAT.

He's not, but he's still got plenty of time to improve that aspect.

My Balkan love for him has no bounds at the moment  :D

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7426 on: August 24, 2020, 04:52:16 am »
Murray scores 50 but Mitchell scores 51 and the Jazz win again. Excellent.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7427 on: August 24, 2020, 06:25:45 am »

Pretty good actually, busy body with quick hands and already knows how to use his body, plus puts the effort in.

Not at all. The answer to that doesn't tell us anything bar he's an exceptional player at this stage of his career. A potential GOAT?Let's leave these sorts of discussions out until he's dominated for several seasons. Lebron needed his 3rd championship before it was somehow acceptable to start GOAT debates and his career was absolutely exceptional (and continues to be).

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7428 on: August 24, 2020, 06:51:57 am »
Nuggets have to be the biggest disappointment in the play off's thus far. Kudos to Jazz for fighting hard. Mitchell is playing out of his mind.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7429 on: August 24, 2020, 06:59:48 am »
Pretty good actually, busy body with quick hands and already knows how to use his body, plus puts the effort in.
Not at all. The answer to that doesn't tell us anything bar he's an exceptional player at this stage of his career. A potential GOAT?Let's leave these sorts of discussions out until he's dominated for several seasons. Lebron needed his 3rd championship before it was somehow acceptable to start GOAT debates and his career was absolutely exceptional (and continues to be).

I don't mean that he's potentially the GOAT now, I mean there's the potential that one day he will be mentioned in GOAT debates. That is of course dependent on him winning titles and, it would seem, improving the defensive side of his game. Long way to go.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7430 on: August 24, 2020, 07:47:10 am »
Nuggets have to be the biggest disappointment in the play off's thus far. Kudos to Jazz for fighting hard. Mitchell is playing out of his mind.
I'd agree with that was gonna mention the 76ers being a disappointment as well but then I remember they had no Ben Simmons and Brett Brown is just absolutely awful and a downright terrible coach.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7431 on: August 24, 2020, 10:54:20 am »
I'd agree with that was gonna mention the 76ers being a disappointment as well but then I remember they had no Ben Simmons and Brett Brown is just absolutely awful and a downright terrible coach.

They also just allowed Tatum to do whatever he wanted. Didn't even fight the sweep, mentality midgets
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7432 on: August 24, 2020, 10:57:45 am »
They also just allowed Tatum to do whatever he wanted. Didn't even fight the sweep, mentality midgets
Elton Brand has made some shit choices as GM and Brett Brown is a terrible coach. Tatum is an incredible talent though him, Donovan Mitchell and Luka are the future of the NBA.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7433 on: August 24, 2020, 02:11:34 pm »
I also have to say it again, refs doing everything possible to gift the game to Clippers. When Mavs were up by 7, Clippers player clearly hit Luka's hand when they inbounded. Refs "missed" the call and it was an easy 2 for Clippers. Afterwards, Kawhi clearly pushed twice to take it to the basket (He actually does that pushing a lot and never gets called on)

Same goes for Game 1, just how the fck you can say a foul to this, Porzingis got all ball. Then ejected. 2 FT's for foul and 1 technical FT, then they played without him.

Mavs should have been up 3-1 in the series, even yesterday it needed heroics from Doncic to make the series 2-2 as refs give everything easy for the Clippers and make it hard for the Mavs. As I said, NBA dying to see Lakers-Clippers Western conference finals.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7434 on: August 24, 2020, 02:13:45 pm »
Yeah, 76 ers immediately comes to mind but they are a toothless franchise and didn't have their second best player (if not the best).
They really have to make some changes and I'm not talking about coaching change. Whoever signed those contracts for Horford and Tobias deserves to be punched on the face. This is probably the time for them to ship one of Embiid and Simmons and re-shape that roster.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7435 on: August 24, 2020, 02:50:05 pm »
It's looking more and more like the Kings not picking Doncic is going down as one of the worst draft picks ever. The Suns I can understand, Atlanta to an extent, but having Divac as your GM and passing down a chance to draft the Euroleague MVP (I think he was the MVP, starter for the champions in any case) at 18 years old is shocking.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7436 on: August 24, 2020, 09:47:04 pm »
I also have to say it again, refs doing everything possible to gift the game to Clippers. When Mavs were up by 7, Clippers player clearly hit Luka's hand when they inbounded. Refs "missed" the call and it was an easy 2 for Clippers. Afterwards, Kawhi clearly pushed twice to take it to the basket (He actually does that pushing a lot and never gets called on)

Same goes for Game 1, just how the fck you can say a foul to this, Porzingis got all ball. Then ejected. 2 FT's for foul and 1 technical FT, then they played without him.

Mavs should have been up 3-1 in the series, even yesterday it needed heroics from Doncic to make the series 2-2 as refs give everything easy for the Clippers and make it hard for the Mavs. As I said, NBA dying to see Lakers-Clippers Western conference finals.

The elite guys get away with all sorts I've noticed since watching more the last month or so. There was a Bucks game early in the bubble where Giannis should have fouled out twice late on and had both calls overturned even though they were clear fouls.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7437 on: August 24, 2020, 09:49:08 pm »
Yeah, 76 ers immediately comes to mind but they are a toothless franchise and didn't have their second best player (if not the best).
They really have to make some changes and I'm not talking about coaching change. Whoever signed those contracts for Horford and Tobias deserves to be punched on the face. This is probably the time for them to ship one of Embiid and Simmons and re-shape that roster.

Surely Embid is the one they look to trade? Can't have one of your supposed elite guys being gassed by the 2nd quarter in every game. Seems like he's not really got the mentality needed to be a franchise guy either to be honest whereas I think Simmons does.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7438 on: August 24, 2020, 10:01:14 pm »
I'd trade them both. Embiid is too sofTTTTTT, to lead a side to a championship, he needs another top player alongside him that has a winners mentality. Simmons still can't shoot which is ludicrous given his talent, and he's not doing anything to improve significantly in that area. he too, is majorly soft.

I'm sick at the sight of them, and not even a 76ers fan.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7439 on: August 24, 2020, 10:03:47 pm »
Well Brett Brown has been fired anyway. Not very surprising.