Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4623012 times)

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #57360 on: September 8, 2019, 04:29:55 pm »
Crickets from the alt-reich about Trump inviting the Taliban to Camp David the week of the anniversary of 9/11

Do you think the Taliban picked that week on purpose to see if they would agree or is more a case of Trumps administration not giving a fuck.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57361 on: September 8, 2019, 04:56:14 pm »
Crickets from the alt-reich about Trump inviting the Taliban to Camp David the week of the anniversary of 9/11

Always amazes me how people in the USA are fine with the Saudis & blame the Taliban for 9/11,seems that the Saudis are the only population of Muslims that the US love.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57362 on: September 8, 2019, 06:55:56 pm »
He again is obsessed with getting personal thanks ("and me"). And the idiot can't spell "there".
--------------

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Thank you to Bahamian Prime Minister Hubert Minnis for your very gracious and kind words in saying that without the help of the United States and me, their would have been many more casualties. I give all credit to FEMA, the U.S. Coast Guard, & the brave people of the Bahamas..

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57363 on: September 8, 2019, 06:59:39 pm »
He again is obsessed with getting personal thanks ("and me"). And the idiot can't spell "there".
--------------

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Thank you to Bahamian Prime Minister Hubert Minnis for your very gracious and kind words in saying that without the help of the United States and me, their would have been many more casualties. I give all credit to FEMA, the U.S. Coast Guard, & the brave people of the Bahamas..

Then he goes on to give all credit to FEMA. How gracious.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #57364 on: September 8, 2019, 07:39:40 pm »
Always amazes me how people in the USA are fine with the Saudis & blame the Taliban for 9/11,seems that the Saudis are the only population of Muslims that the US love.

That's easy...it's the $$$

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #57365 on: September 8, 2019, 08:15:40 pm »

Americans have no idea that Saudis were responsible.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57366 on: September 8, 2019, 08:27:08 pm »
SPYTALK
CIA AND SAUDI ARABIA CONSPIRED TO KEEP 9/11 DETAILS SECRET, BOOK SAYS
BY JEFF STEIN ON 8/28/18 AT 6:00 AM EDT

It's easier to bury uncomfortable facts than to confront them. So this September 11, the ceremonies marking the 2001 attacks on New York and Washington, D.C., will simply honor the dead. In Manhattan, tourists and mourners will gather where the World Trade Center Towers once stood, lowering their heads in memory of the 2,606 who perished there. The services won't reflect the view that the attacks might well have been prevented.

But for hundreds of families and a growing number of former FBI agents, the grief of another 9/11 ceremony will be laced with barely muted rage: There remains a conspiracy of silence among high former U.S. and Saudi officials about the attacks.

"It's horrible. We still don't know what happened," said Ali Soufan, one of the lead FBI counterterrorism agents whom the CIA kept in the dark about the movements of the future Al-Qaeda hijackers. To Soufan and many other former national security officials, the unanswered questions about the events leading up to the September 11, 2001, attacks dwarf those about the assassination of John F. Kennedy, because "9/11 changed the whole world." It not only led to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, the fracturing of the Middle East and the global growth of Islamic militantism but also pushed the U.S. closer to being a virtual homeland-security police state.

"I am sad and depressed about it," said Mark Rossini, one of two FBI agents assigned to the CIA's Osama bin Laden unit, who says agency managers mysteriously blocked them from informing their headquarters about future Al-Qaeda plotters present in the United States in 2000 and again in the summer of 2001. "It is patently evident the attacks did not need to happen and there has been no justice," he said.

The authors of a book on 9/11 hope to refocus public attention on the cover-up. Thoroughly mining the multiple official investigations into the event, John Duffy and Ray Nowosielski find huge holes and contradictions in the official story that 9/11 was merely "a failure to connect the dots."

Duffy, a left-leaning writer and environmental activist, and Nowosielski, a documentary filmmaker, have nowhere near the prominence of other journalists who have poked holes in the official story, in particular Lawrence Wright, author of The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11, the Pulitzer Prize–winning book that was turned into a gripping multi-part docudrama on Hulu earlier this year.

But Duffy and Nowosielski come to the story with a noteworthy credential: In 2009 they scored an astounding video interview with Richard Clarke, a White House counterterrorism adviser during the Bill Clinton and George W. Bush administrations. In it, Clarke raged that top CIA officials, including director George Tenet, had withheld crucial information from him about Al-Qaeda's plotting and movements, including the arrival in the U.S. of future hijackers Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi. In The Watchdogs Didn't Bark: The CIA, NSA, and the Crimes of the War on Terror, the authors assemble a compelling case of a government-wide cover-up of Saudi complicity in the affair.

In 2002, Tenet swore to Congress that he wasn't aware of the imminent threat because it came in a cable that wasn't marked urgent—and "no one read it." But his story was shredded five years later when Senators Ron Wyden and Kit Bond forced loose an executive summary of the CIA's own internal investigation of 9/11, which stated that "some 50 to 60 individuals read one or more of the six Agency cables containing travel information related to these terrorists."

Clarke went ballistic. Until then, he had trusted Tenet, a close colleague and friend, to tell the truth. In 2009, despairing at the lack of media traction on the astounding disclosure, he wrote a book about the duplicity, Your Government Failed You, which was largely ignored. So when Duffy and Nowosielski came calling, he welcomed them.

"I believed, for the longest time, that this was one or two low-level desk officers who got this [information about Hazmi and Mihdhar] and somehow didn't realize the significance," he told them. But "50—five oh—50 CIA officers knew this, and they included [Tenet and] all kinds of people who were regularly talking to me? Saying I'm pissed doesn't begin to describe it."

All these years later, it's still unclear why the CIA would keep such crucial details about Al-Qaeda movements from the FBI. Clarke and other insiders suspect that the spy agency had a deeply compartmented plan in the works to recruit Hazmi, Mihdhar and perhaps other Al-Qaeda operatives as double agents. If the FBI discovered they were in California, the theory goes, it would have demanded their arrest. When the CIA's recruitment ploy fizzled, Tenet and company hid the details from Clarke lest they be accused of "malfeasance and misfeasance," he said.

It's the only logical explanation for why the presence of Hazmi and Mihdhar was kept from him until after the attacks, Clarke said. "They told us everything—except this," he says in the video.

Tenet and two of his counterterrorism deputies, Rich Blee and Cofer Black, issued a statement calling Clarke's theory "reckless and profoundly wrong." But now Clarke has company. Duffy and Nowosielski found other key former FBI counterterrorism agents and officials who have developed deep doubts about Tenet's story. The only element they disagree on is which officials were responsible for the alleged subterfuge.

"I think if there were some conscious effort" not to tell the bureau what was going on, Dale Watson, a former FBI deputy chief of counterterrorism told them, "it was probably" carried out below Tenet, Blee and Black, by managers of the CIA's Osama bin Laden unit.

But Pat D'Amuro, an even more senior former FBI counterterrorism official, told them, "There's no doubt in my mind that [withholding the information] went up further in the agency" than those managers. "And why they didn't send it over, to this day, I don't know why."

And then there's the continuing mystery of Saudi complicity with the hijackers. Duffy and Nowosielski offer a tightly focused update on what's been learned about Saudi support for Al-Qaeda in recent years. Back in 2004, the official 9/11 Commission said it found no evidence that the "Saudi government as an institution, or senior Saudi officials individually funded" Al-Qaeda.

A year later, the highly redacted CIA inspector general's report cracked open another window, saying that some agency officers had "speculated" that "dissident sympathizers within the government" (i.e., religious extremists) may have supported bin Laden. Subsequent investigations have revealed that officials from the kingdom's Islamic affairs ministry were actively helping the hijackers get settled in California.

Such information spurred several hundred families of the 9/11 attack victims to file suit against the Saudi government in federal court in New York last year, seeking unspecified monetary damages.

"Saudi intelligence has admitted that they knew who these two guys were," Andrew Maloney, an attorney for families, told Newsweek last week. "They knew they were Al-Qaeda the day they arrived in Los Angeles. So any notion from the Saudi government saying, 'Oh, we just help out all Saudis here' is false. They knew. And the CIA knew."

The kingdom has turned over some 6,800 pages of documents, "mostly in Arabic," that Maloney's team is in the process of translating. "There's some interesting things in there," he said, "and some clear gaps." He said he'll return to court in October to press for more documents.

He also wants to depose Saudi officials, particularly Fahad al-Thumairy, a former Los Angeles consular official and imam of a Culver City, California, mosque attended by the hijackers. In 2003, Thumairy was intercepted after he landed in Los Angeles on a flight from Germany and deported from the U.S. "because of suspected terrorist links." But he still works for the government in Riyadh, Maloney said. "Can you believe that?"

In April, Maloney subpoenaed the FBI for documents on Thumairy and Omar al-Bayoumi, a suspected Saudi spy in the U.S. who was also in contact with the hijackers. The bureau has not responded, so on September 11 he plans to file "a formal motion to compel the FBI" to produce the documents. His motion follows a sworn statement by Steven Moore, the FBI agent who headed the bureau's investigation into the hijacking of the plane that flew into the Pentagon, charging the 9/11 Commission with misleading the public when it said it "had not found evidence" of Saudi assistance to Hazmi and Mihdhar.

"There was clearly evidence that Thumairy provided assistance to Hazmi and Mihdhar," Moore wrote. And "based on the proof in our investigation," he added, "Bayoumi himself was a clandestine agent and associated with radical extremists, including Thumairy."

Moore's statement was first reported by the Florida Bulldog, a Fort Lauderdale news site that has been investigating the hijackers' contacts with flight schools. "To my knowledge," Moore stated, "Thumairy has never been the subject of a genuine law enforcement interview conducted by the actual agents who investigated him."

Maloney's additional targets are other FBI, CIA, State Department and Treasury Department personnel and documents. "There are a lot of people, former agents—I won't identify who or what agencies—who have talked to us," he said, but others, especially in the CIA's bin Laden unit, "will never talk to us or will only talk to us if they are given some kind of blanket immunity."

Getting access to them, he said, would probably require an executive order from President Donald Trump—an unlikely outcome given his administration's strong backing for the Saudi monarchy.

There may be public support for Maloney's endeavors. A 2016 poll found a slight majority of Americans (54.3 percent) believe that the government is hiding something about the 9/11 attacks. Then again, a considerable number of 9/11 "truthers" embrace conspiracy theories positing that the attacks were "an inside job" by the Bush administration and/or Israel and abetted by explosives planted in one of the World Trade Center towers.

But they are right about Saudi resistance to fully disclosing its relations with the hijackers. Last year, agents of the monarchy were discovered surreptitiously funding a PR effort to derail a congressional bill permitting a 9/11 families group to sue the kingdom for damages. Last September, the family group filed a 17-page complaint with the Justice Department.

Terry Strada, a leader of the group 9/11 Families & Survivors United for Justice Against Terrorism, will mourn again this year, but not at the site where the towers once stood and her husband died. She plans to attend "a private service" at the Shrine of St. Joseph in Stirling, New Jersey, which she said has "a beautiful and solemn space" dedicated to all who died in the 9/11 attacks.

But she is also full of fury at the government's refusal to release all it knows about the run-up to the attacks. "It's very sad that we're still being kept in the dark about it. It's frustrating. It angers me," she told Newsweek. "It's a slap in the face. They think they're above the law and don't have to respond to the families—and the world. It's disgusting."

Strada added, "The Saudis promote & finance the most virulent hatred toward Americans than any other nation. Murdered 3,000 on Sept 11." The "9/11 families," she wrote, "will #NEVERFORGET. #FreeTheTruth"

Correction: An earlier version of this story gave an incorrect subtitle for John Duffy and Ray Nowosielski's new book, The Watchdogs Didn't Bark: The CIA, NSA, and the Crimes of the War on Terror.

https://www.newsweek.com/cia-and-saudi-arabia-conspired-keep-911-details-secret-new-book-says-1091935
Kill the humourless

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #57367 on: September 9, 2019, 08:43:52 am »
The Scottish government need to just shut Prestwick Airport down. They nationalised it to save it from going bust but it seems to mainly act solely for the purposes of the US miitary and Trump nowadays.... and it still makes a loss. Just shut it down and piss off Trump in the process.

In a retaliatory act i say "Shut down Failing Aberdeen Airport", it`s got no seats and rude staff and is near Aberdeen.

SHUT IT DOWN, SHUT IT DOWN, SHUT IT DOWN!

On a semi-serious note, Prestwick has a number of vibrant engineering and cargo companies, but it is pretty useless as an international airport. You can still fly Ryanair to Barcelona though. At the moment.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57368 on: September 9, 2019, 08:58:09 am »
In a retaliatory act i say "Shut down Failing Aberdeen Airport", it`s got no seats and rude staff and is near Aberdeen.

SHUT IT DOWN, SHUT IT DOWN, SHUT IT DOWN!

On a semi-serious note, Prestwick has a number of vibrant engineering and cargo companies, but it is pretty useless as an international airport. You can still fly Ryanair to Barcelona though. At the moment.

;D

This whole thing stinks though. You have a failing airport owned by the Scottish goverenment (although run very hands off as a for profit business) making deals with the Trump organization to offer discounts. The airport is purely being kept afloat by military contracts for fuel etc, and the military supposedly forcing its crew to go to Turnberry.

Turnberry is also reliant on said struggling airport to stay open, in order to survive itself.

Having said that, Prestwick being used by the US military is nothing new, it has done so for decades, and the airport has notoriously been used by the CIA for renditions.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #57369 on: September 9, 2019, 09:09:04 am »
;D

This whole thing stinks though. You have a failing airport owned by the Scottish goverenment (although run very hands off as a for profit business) making deals with the Trump organization to offer discounts. The airport is purely being kept afloat by military contracts for fuel etc, and the military supposedly forcing its crew to go to Turnberry.

Turnberry is also reliant on said struggling airport to stay open, in order to survive itself.

Having said that, Prestwick being used by the US military is nothing new, it has done so for decades, and the airport has notoriously been used by the CIA for renditions.

Mmm yes that`s awkward.

I was  near Prestwick one morning for work (i`m not a plane-spotter though the location is riddled with them) and there were no commercial flights taking off at all for the duration, just that massive US military plane (again i have no knowledge of these things) apparently doing take-off/landing training loops the entire time.

I looked it up later and there are very, very few commercial flights from Prestwick these days and mostly later in the evening.

Prestwick has a long history of being a brilliant location for an airport , in aviation terms, because it has an unusual situation where it is rarely affected by weather conditions such as fog, despite being near the sea. But it`s relative closeness to Glasgow renders it pointless for civilian travellers. The busiest i`ve seen it in recent years is during The Open (at either Troon or Turnberry) when the high-rollers come in in their private jets.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #57370 on: September 9, 2019, 03:48:28 pm »
But her emails

In a previously undisclosed secret mission in 2017, the United States successfully extracted from Russia one of its highest-level covert sources inside the Russian government, multiple Trump administration officials with direct knowledge told CNN.

A person directly involved in the discussions said that the removal of the Russian was driven, in part, by concerns that President Donald Trump and his administration repeatedly mishandled classified intelligence and could contribute to exposing the covert source as a spy.

The decision to carry out the extraction occurred soon after a May 2017 meeting in the Oval Office in which Trump discussed highly classified intelligence with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and then-Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak. The intelligence, concerning ISIS in Syria, had been provided by Israel.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/09/politics/russia-us-spy-extracted/index.html?

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57371 on: September 9, 2019, 06:57:03 pm »
Time
Trump's New Math: Inside the Plan to Flip Blue States in 2020
 Brian Bennett
3 hrs ago

When President Donald Trump steps on stage for a campaign rally in Rio Rancho, New Mexico next week, even his own campaign staffers know he will be facing long odds. A Republican candidate for President hasn’t won the state since 2004, when George W. Bush beat John Kerry there by a margin of just 5,988 votes. Trump himself lost the state by eight points to Hillary Clinton in 2016 and his disapproval rating among registered voters there is a crushing 57%, according to the Morning Consult voter tracking poll.

Nonetheless, Trump’s campaign is betting it can win in New Mexico. Flush with cash, the campaign is planning to announce a state director and additional ground staff there in the coming weeks, a campaign official tells TIME. Internal campaign data has convinced Trump’s political advisors they can energize a slice of the state’s Hispanic voters to vote for Trump in 2020 by emphasizing Trump’s handling of the economy, border security and his trade confrontation with China. According to U.S. Census data, 49.1 percent of New Mexico’s residents identify themselves as Hispanic or Latino.

The move is part of a series of bets Trump is making to win states that went for Clinton in 2016. Trump’s son-in-law and senior White House advisor Jared Kushner says that voter data has convinced the reelection effort to fund robust field operations in a much larger number of states than in 2016. “I can see us very aggressively playing in 18 swing states,” Jared Kushner tells TIME, adding that in his view, the 2016 Trump campaign “seriously played” in about 11 swing states.

The broader bets, made very early in the election cycle, signify some defining characteristics of Trump’s 2020 effort. To win, Trump probably needs to come up with a different set of states than those that garnered 304 electoral college votes and carried him to the White House: public polls show his disapproval ratings swamp his approval numbers by at least 9 percentage points in his 2016 blue-to-red trifecta of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

But Trump is flush with funds. With more than $100 million in cash on hand, Trump’s campaign has the freedom to look for unorthodox opportunities to seek out electoral votes in other parts of the country. That massive money haul will be used to mobilize support in states Trump lost narrowly, and in some cases broadly, and where his campaign feels there are enough untapped Trump supporters to tip the balance in his favor, his campaign says. “What matters is having the resources to invest in the best people and data to give the candidate every advantage,” Kushner says.

Trump’s political strategists say they aren’t carving out a new path to 270 electoral votes and instead want to run up the score. In the 2016 race, the Trump campaign didn’t have the luxury of time or a huge war chest. “Last time we had a better air game than ground game,” Kushner says. “This time, we’ve had a couple of years to prepare. We’ve refined our data and political operation. We’ve invested $50 to $60 million over the last couple of years to make the data significantly better.”

Not everyone is buying it. Trump’s sagging job approval ratings suggest to many political observers that the map-broadening is a reflection of a search for a long shot way back to the White House. Liam Donovan, a Republican strategist, says that the Trump campaign is right to be trying to get more voters to show up and to branch out into new territory. “There are reasons to compete in all these places,” Donovan tells TIME. But, Donovan says, “he’s not going to win any of these places if he’s still at 43 approval in the RCP average,” referring the average of Trump job approval polls published by RealClearPolitics.

It’s a strategy that veteran political consultants warn may end up being a waste of money, but if the political landscape shifts in Trump’s favor next year and the Trump campaign has people on the ground to capitalize on it, it might pay off.

To do it, the Trump campaign is targeting states that have high rates of support for Trump among Republicans. The bet is that they can ramp up turnout and swamp the votes in traditional Democratic strongholds. That strategy hinges on developing accurate data to find would-be Trump voters and using the months-long head start over a still-unknown Democratic opponent to build a ground operation that ensures those voters are registered and get to the polls. It also plays to Trump’s strength for whipping up controversies that energize his supporters.

Not all the blue states are long shots like New Mexico. While the GOP hasn’t won Minnesota since Richard Nixon took the state during his landslide victory in 1972, Trump lost to Clinton there in 2016 by a slim 1.5 percentage points. The Trump campaign hired a full-time state director in June and saw an uptick in Republican voter registrations in recent months.

The Trump campaign is also building out substantial ground operations in New Hampshire, where Trump lost by less than 1%, and Nevada, where Trump trailed Clinton by 2.4%. In both states, Trump was on the ticket with Senate candidates, Kelly Ayotte in New Hampshire and Joe Heck in Nevada, who distanced themselves from Trump. The Trump campaign and the RNC have told local party officials in those states they hope more unified support for Trump could help increase Republican turnout and tip those states for Trump.

In the case of New Mexico, as well as Maine where the Trump campaign is also starting early to hire ground staff, Hillary Clinton beat Trump by wide margins. But in both states voters cast tens of thousands of ballots for the Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, votes the Trump campaign believes they can swing to the President in 2020. “We feel very optimistic about New Mexico,” Chris Carr, the political director for the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee, tells TIME. The Trump campaign believes it can make inroads registering new voters in New Mexico who show a propensity for liking Trump. In recent cycles, the GOP didn’t launch a major voter registration effort in New Mexico or build out a large ground staff, Carr says, adding: “Republicans waved the white flag.”

The decision to target states like New Mexico, is based on internal campaign analysis of trends and data, says Bill Stepien, a senior political advisor to the campaign. “It costs a lot of money to invest in infrastructure and set up a headquarters. The campaign wouldn’t be considering doing that if New Mexico wasn’t a place where the numbers could add up,” Stepien said. In addition, internal campaign data indicate that messages about blocking late-term abortions, Trump’s trade war with China, and building a border wall resonate with a slice of Hispanic voters in New Mexico, as well as other sunbelt states like Nevada and Arizona, that could impact his vote tally.

“We are talking about some states that may not be in play a year from now, but the beauty of this year is that we can test, we can poll, we can see, you know, what takes root,” Stepien tells TIME. That is the benefit of running a campaign for an incumbent president, who launched his run for reelection on his first day in office, and has been setting up a campaign apparatus ever since. “We can see what staff are connecting with volunteers. We can see what states are adopting and executing programs that we are implementing,” he says.

“When we talk about these other states we hope to expand into, we are talking about adding to the president’s column. These are not alternative pathways to 270,” says Tim Murtaugh, director of communications for the Trump campaign. “We think we can win the states again where he won in 2016 and expand to new states and add them to the column.”

There is a group of voters the campaign calls “2018 disengagers.” These are voters who enthusiastically turned out for Trump in 2016 but sat home during the mid-term elections in 2018. Campaign data indicates those voters have “a high propensity” for going to the polls when Trump is on the ballot, Trump’s strategists say. This has led them to argue that even in states where Democrats made headway in 2018, Trump could still bring out a lot of voters in 2020.

The campaign’s political advisor, Stepien, says that is the case for Minnesota, which he sees having similar demographics and political leanings as Pennsylvania, which Trump flipped from blue to red for the first time in a presidential race since George H.W. Bush defeated Michael Dukakis there in 1988. “We like how the math works in Minnesota,” Stepien says. Both states have urban centers where Trump does poorly, but they also have large rural and blue-collar areas. The challenge in Minnesota will be whether Trump can generate enough enthusiasm across the state to overcome his low approval ratings among suburban voters around Minneapolis-St. Paul. “There is a pathway to victory in Minnesota, so why wouldn’t we invest there?” Carr says.

Democratic strategists have been watching the Trump campaign spend sizable amounts of money to find voters Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida and Texas. But they haven’t seen major financial investments in some of the states the Trump campaign says it is trying to bring into Trump’s column. “They do a lot of talking and they haven’t backed that up by their campaign strategy yet,” says Josh Scherwin, senior strategist and communications director for Priorities USA, a large Democratic Super PAC. “It’s one thing to see what they’re saying and different to see what they’re actually doing, where they’re investing their resources,” Scherwin says.

Based on what he’s seen, Scherwin thinks it’s unlikely Trump will gather enough momentum to flip New Mexico. “If they made dramatic enough gains that they could play in New Mexico, it would be such a big blowout that we wouldn’t need to have these conversations. It’s just not on the radar right now,” says Scherwin.

He may be right. The Trump campaign is betting he’s not.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-new-math-inside-the-plan-to-flip-blue-states-in-2020/ar-AAH1IzQ?ocid=spartandhp
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57372 on: September 9, 2019, 09:11:29 pm »
Trump is a BSer and a bully. Of course he is going to threaten to go on the offensive. And of course the media will gobble it up and try to sow fear. 
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57373 on: September 9, 2019, 09:45:05 pm »
Trump has no choice but to go on the offensive - but he still has to defend what he gained in 2016.  No point in making gains elsewhere if you lose in other critical areas. 

If Trump wins next year it will be the final proof that money has killed democracy.  As long as you have enough cash, winning is inevitable.  He may as well buy Man City.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57374 on: September 9, 2019, 09:57:04 pm »
Business Insider
Ex-CIA operative Valerie Plame just launched a run for Congress, and her new video looks like a 'Fast & Furious' outtake
 John Haltiwanger
2 hrs ago

Valerie Plame, an ex-CIA officer, on Monday announced a congressional bid in a video that feels a lot like a clip from an action movie.

The former covert CIA operative is vying to replace Democratic Rep. Ben Ray Luján in New Mexico's 3rd congressional district, though Plame doesn't specifically mention where she's running in the video; it features Plame at the wheel of a Chevy Camaro.

In the video, Plame is driving the Camaro backwards down a dirt road as a metaphor for what she characterizes as the need to turn the country around, claiming the CIA taught her to drive that way. Half-way through, Plame whips the wheel around into a Reverse 180.

Luján, who is assistant Speaker and the highest-ranking Latino in the House, is vacating the seat to run for Senate. Plame will face a crowded field in the run for Luján's seat - over half a dozen Democrats are running - but her status as a nationally-known figure could boost her chances.

Plame was famously outed as a CIA agent during the Bush administration after her husband, US diplomat Joseph C. Wilson IV, wrote an op-ed in The New York Times raising questions about the justifications for the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Plame's identity was revealed in a Washington Post article that cited unnamed administration officials.

Quick facts on Plame and the scandal surrounding her:

Prior to being outed, Plame focused on weapons of mass destruction in her work for the CIA.Though no one has ever been explicitly prosecuted for the leak, Plame has long pointed her finger at the Bush administration and in her video specifically laid blame on former Vice President Dick Cheney's ex-chief of staff Scooter Libby.Plame and critics of the Bush administration believe her identity was leaked as punishment for Wilson's op-ed.

Libby in 2007 was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice in connection with a special prosecutor's investigation into the leak of Plame's identity.

Former President George W. Bush commuted Libby's sentence, which saved him from spending time behind bars, and President Donald Trump controversially pardoned him in April 2018.

A number of reports have pointed to former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage as one of the officials who leaked Plame's identity.
Plame, a staunch Trump critic, got into the scandal in her campaign announcement video - attacking Cheney, Libby, and the president.

At the video's end, Plame stops the car and steps out onto the dusty road in slow motion. She stops in front of the camera and rips off her sunglasses.

"You've probably heard my name ... Mr. President, I've got a few scores to settle."

Plame's memoir on her experience of being outted as a CIA operative was turned into a film in 2010, "Fair Game," starring Naomi Watts and Sean Penn.

Between the far-reaching consequences of the leak of her identity and the biopic with Hollywood stars, Plame has continued to garner attention over the years. But not all of it has been positive.

In September 2017, Plame apologized after tweeting an anti-Semitic article titled "America's Jews Are Driving America's Wars." The article was from an alt-right website, The Unz Review.

Plame apologized for sharing the article in a series of tweets, including one that mentioned she's of Jewish descent. Similarly, in her campaign announcement video on Monday, Plame said she descends from Ukrainian-Jewish immigrants.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-cia-operative-valerie-plame-just-launched-a-run-for-congress-and-her-new-video-looks-like-a-fast-and-furious-outtake/ar-AAH2ndv?ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57375 on: September 10, 2019, 12:18:51 am »
Trump has no choice but to go on the offensive - but he still has to defend what he gained in 2016.  No point in making gains elsewhere if you lose in other critical areas. 

If Trump wins next year it will be the final proof that money has killed democracy.  As long as you have enough cash, winning is inevitable.  He may as well buy Man City.

Though I'd prefer his post-WH career be spent getting dragged out of rabbit holes, Saddam style, by Robert Mueller, the next best thing would be if he devoted himself to Making United Great Again. Just imagine...

"Liverpool 3 Man Utd 0? Impossible! Hand me my sharpie... There we go, Liverpool 3 Man Utd 8. Tremendous!"

"The lying, very unfair Times and Guardian say the table doesn't lie. But some people say that the table does, in fact, lie. Fake table!"

"I hereby command the FA to build a new trophy for sixth place, and it's going to much bigger and beautifuller than the failing Premier League trophy. And I'm going to make Liverpool pay for it! #MUGA"

"I was approached by a young man, he had tears in his eyes, and he said Mr Trump, thank you Mr Trump, thank you so much for extending Ole's contract to 2032. He also said something like "git giggseh to do ond o do covfefe" which I assume is a... Er... Manchesterian expression of gratitude. You're welcome, Undeh!"

"David Squires is a stone cold loser. No talent!"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:47:51 am by GreatEx »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57376 on: September 10, 2019, 11:27:29 am »
Though I'd prefer his post-WH career be spent getting dragged out of rabbit holes, Saddam style, by Robert Mueller, the next best thing would be if he devoted himself to Making United Great Again. Just imagine...

"Liverpool 3 Man Utd 0? Impossible! Hand me my sharpie... There we go, Liverpool 3 Man Utd 8. Tremendous!"

"The lying, very unfair Times and Guardian say the table doesn't lie. But some people say that the table does, in fact, lie. Fake table!"

"I hereby command the FA to build a new trophy for sixth place, and it's going to much bigger and beautifuller than the failing Premier League trophy. And I'm going to make Liverpool pay for it! #MUGA"

"I was approached by a young man, he had tears in his eyes, and he said Mr Trump, thank you Mr Trump, thank you so much for extending Ole's contract to 2032. He also said something like "git giggseh to do ond o do covfefe" which I assume is a... Er... Manchesterian expression of gratitude. You're welcome, Undeh!"

"David Squires is a stone cold loser. No talent!"

Imagine Trump as a sat-nav ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57377 on: September 10, 2019, 12:56:12 pm »
New ABC poll just released. Trump's approval down to 38% and disapproval at 56%. 

A couple of months back this poll had his approval at 44%...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ten-call-recession-trump-approval-drops-points-poll/story?id=65414875

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57378 on: September 10, 2019, 01:51:44 pm »
New ABC poll just released. Trump's approval down to 38% and disapproval at 56%. 

A couple of months back this poll had his approval at 44%...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ten-call-recession-trump-approval-drops-points-poll/story?id=65414875
Still appalling. Imagine standing in front of 10 people, and 4 of them saying "Yes, I approve of a stupid, arrogant, vindictive, thin-skinned, racist, misogynistic pathological liar." Mind-boggling.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57379 on: September 10, 2019, 02:03:01 pm »
Still appalling. Imagine standing in front of 10 people, and 4 of them saying "Yes, I approve of a stupid, arrogant, vindictive, thin-skinned, racist, misogynistic pathological liar." Mind-boggling.

America is a big country.  Somebody will always appeal to someone.

The UK has a fraction of America's population, but despite blithering incompetence the Tories still lead by a nose in opinion polls.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #57380 on: September 10, 2019, 05:07:51 pm »

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
9m9 minutes ago

I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore....

...I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning. I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #57381 on: September 10, 2019, 05:13:38 pm »
No way he wrote that.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #57382 on: September 10, 2019, 05:14:04 pm »
John Bolton
I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, "Let's talk about it tomorrow."

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57383 on: September 10, 2019, 05:15:53 pm »
John Bolton
I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, "Let's talk about it tomorrow."

ha ha  :lmao Knew this would happen
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57384 on: September 10, 2019, 05:29:14 pm »
Best people.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57385 on: September 10, 2019, 05:42:37 pm »
No sympathy for Bolton though, he's a c*nt

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57386 on: September 10, 2019, 05:45:33 pm »

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57387 on: September 10, 2019, 05:53:55 pm »
If Trump wants to get us out of all these foreign conflicts, then hiring Bolton in the first place was just a bizarre choice. Good that he's gone, the guy is a psycho

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #57388 on: September 10, 2019, 06:05:06 pm »
A likely reason as to why he's gone

Kaitlan Collins@kaitlancollins
John Bolton and President Trump got into a bitter argument last night over the president’s plan to host Taliban leaders at Camp David, two people tell me. It’s unclear if it was on the phone or in person.

Jim Acosta@Acosta
Senior admin officials say a factor in Bolton’s firing was that Trump and Pence were upset that Bolton’s team had made it sound as though the VP opposed the Taliban meeting at Camp David. VP made it clear in tweet he supported such a move.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57389 on: September 10, 2019, 06:05:27 pm »
He should never have been hired but it's relieving to see that even Donald Trump (maybe) could eventually see how dangerous Bolton was.  Probably wanted to nuke Iran for cutting that China deal.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #57390 on: September 10, 2019, 06:14:58 pm »
He should never have been hired but it's relieving to see that even Donald Trump (maybe) could eventually see how dangerous Bolton was.  Probably wanted to nuke Iran for cutting that China deal.

Bolton disagreed with his highness and was fired, nothing more nothing less.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57391 on: September 10, 2019, 06:15:44 pm »

Yeah I doubt this is anythign to do with how dangerous Bolton is.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57392 on: September 10, 2019, 06:16:10 pm »
Bolton's been wanting to bomb,bomb,bomb - bomb,bomb,Iran... Since Tie a yellow ribbon.   

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57393 on: September 10, 2019, 06:25:53 pm »
"Yes, I approve of a stupid, arrogant, vindictive, thin-skinned, racist, misogynistic pathological liar as long as he lowers my taxes and stops government from providing abortions to inner city welfare recipients"

Fixed that for you.
Kill the humourless

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57394 on: September 10, 2019, 06:43:57 pm »
Was that a sensible position Bolton took on the Taliban situation?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57395 on: September 10, 2019, 07:35:46 pm »
Was that a sensible position Bolton took on the Taliban situation?

Probably, depends on how trust worthy you think Taliban are or can be. From what I understand, Taliban wanted US to commit to troop withdrawal first, then they wanted a second round of talks with Afghan government to figure out a peaceful power sharing deal.

To me it seemed like they would have happily taken advantage of the situation and their powerful position once the US troops were gone.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57396 on: September 10, 2019, 08:14:16 pm »
I think Trump's sacking of Bolton is a good one.
Wow. That felt strange.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57397 on: September 10, 2019, 08:19:01 pm »
So if Trump only hired "the very best people" at the start of this administration, and the next National Security Advisor will be Trump's 4th, I assume we've gone in this progression?:

1st, Flynn - "he's the very best, everybody says so"
2nd, McMaster - "incredible person, I've known him for many years"
3rd, Bolton - "will do in a pinch, he's better than Crooked Hillary"

and soon, the 4th, Barron Trump's pet box turtle - "he's almost as smart as me, believe me"

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57398 on: September 10, 2019, 08:22:07 pm »
I think Trump's sacking of Bolton is a good one.
Wow. That felt strange.
I tend to agree, as anything that keeps that lunatic (Bolton, not the orange one, although him too ideally) away from any position of power can only be a good thing. At the same time, he'll probably just go back to being a Fox News commentator, where in all likelihood he'll actually have more influence over Trump seeing as he'll be on the telly and not one of his actual real life advisers, so maybe it's not such a good thing after all...

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57399 on: September 10, 2019, 08:29:02 pm »

Yeah, rafa posted the reason just as I was making my post.  God forbid you think for yourself when you work for Trump.

Popcorn's Art