Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4613898 times)

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #54800 on: June 14, 2019, 12:55:15 am »
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #54801 on: June 14, 2019, 01:32:36 am »
Way too simplistic - nearly 66 million people voted against Trump in 2016, and the huge gains for the Democrats in the mid-term elections last November were clearly a massive anti-Trump vote. Plenty of people care.

If the American people cared about a hacked election why wasn’t there more of an outcry?

They came up with conclusive evidence that Russian hacked the election, the only thing they sorta cared about was if trump was involved. Nobody really seemed to give a shit that it was actually hacked.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54802 on: June 14, 2019, 04:43:30 am »
It will come down to the people who do care voting. There will be 20 million new voters on the rolls since 2016.
Not talked about often enough. A massive demographic is just beginning that will change the calculus one way or another.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54803 on: June 14, 2019, 06:16:09 am »
It will come down to the people who do care voting. There will be 20 million new voters on the rolls since 2016.

That sounds great but it won't matter unless those people are in swing states.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #54804 on: June 14, 2019, 07:00:51 am »
Nah a few might care, but on the whole I don't think the average american gives one jot about it.

The 2018 election was a case of turnout. 2020 will be the same.

The proof that many people care is that all economic indicators are healthy. That always dictates that the incumbent polls very well. But he doesn't. 
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54805 on: June 14, 2019, 07:01:36 am »
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is fucking off back to whichever shithole in Arkansas she came from to torture some poor unfortunates there.

Maybe she will take over her fathers BS factory.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54806 on: June 14, 2019, 07:10:47 am »
If the American people cared about a hacked election why wasn’t there more of an outcry?

They came up with conclusive evidence that Russian hacked the election, the only thing they sorta cared about was if trump was involved. Nobody really seemed to give a shit that it was actually hacked.

The GOP won all three branches. So...2 years of inaction. The people show they cared by flipping the congress conclusively, flipping Alabama senate, flipping many state houses etc. Despite great economic data. That's how people show their concern. Real investigations in Congress have started. 2020 voters will have a chance to show their concern again.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 07:19:37 am by Giono »

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54807 on: June 14, 2019, 07:15:16 am »
Not talked about often enough. A massive demographic is just beginning that will change the calculus one way or another.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/06/2020-election-voter-turnout-could-be-record-breaking/591607/

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54808 on: June 14, 2019, 07:18:29 am »
That sounds great but it won't matter unless those people are in swing states.

The data from 2018 is that the growth for democrats is in urban and suburban areas in most states...red, blue or purple. Texas could swing because of it.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #54809 on: June 14, 2019, 08:43:34 am »
The more depressing thing is that they're tampering everywhere and the public dont seem to care. Brexit, trying to do it in Canada at the moment with our elections coming up, helped Bolsonaro in Brazil. The world is fuckin thick on the whole and doesn't give a shit as it's easier to be angry that try to understand the intricacies of politics and its decisions

The growth of right-wing authoritarian governments is truly frightening, especially in previously untouchable western democracies:

-USA
-Poland
-Hungary
-India
-Turkey
-Brazil
-Israel

With Post-Brexit UK on the way, pressure in France & Italy, and that`s without getting into the governments of China, Russian and most of the middle-east. There are many, many more of them too.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54810 on: June 14, 2019, 10:12:19 am »
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is fucking off back to whichever shithole in Arkansas she came from to torture some poor unfortunates there.

There's a special place in hell waiting for her.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54811 on: June 14, 2019, 10:15:51 am »
The growth of right-wing authoritarian governments is truly frightening, especially in previously untouchable western democracies:

-USA
-Poland
-Hungary
-India
-Turkey
-Brazil
-Israel

With Post-Brexit UK on the way, pressure in France & Italy, and that`s without getting into the governments of China, Russian and most of the middle-east. There are many, many more of them too.

I don't think it's the right-wing that is the real thing people go with. I believe it's primarily a trend that people want to throw career politicians out.

Agree that it's a bit scary. Basically I think a lot of people are disappointed, for whatever reason and in each country you will have someone who can appeal to those voters. As a result you get a mixed bag of everything. You get your Trump who was gonna fix the healthcare, he's been pro and against abortion, he was gonna drain his swamp, build a wall, create a space force, win wars, bring back his clean coal and whatever. He was gonna do it all, nobody knew how and he didn't have to present a plan either. People went with him even if he did all the mistakes one could make as a candidate. This is why I think it's about people voting to get the career politicians out, for anyone. The problem is all is based on being anti something. There's really no idea about a better way, it's all about bringing back some good old times. Trump is just the most obvious example. He tries to bully the rest of the world, more or less all the time, including America's long term allies. It's a recipie for failure in the long run, but it can make Trump and America look strong here and now.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54812 on: June 14, 2019, 11:19:20 am »

It will be crowded.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #54813 on: June 14, 2019, 11:50:41 am »

Shame she probably can't be done for anything, haul her ass in front of congress at least

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54814 on: June 14, 2019, 12:03:14 pm »
The 2018 election was a case of turnout. 2020 will be the same.

The proof that many people care is that all economic indicators are healthy. That always dictates that the incumbent polls very well. But he doesn't. 

I think that’s more to do with trump actually being a shit show than “Russians hacked the elections”

Anyway as I said agree to disagree, to me if the American people actually cared they would have done something about the election result.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:42:22 pm by Chakan »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54815 on: June 14, 2019, 12:13:24 pm »

This is the cop out that let's people get away with shit during their lives. Bollocks to mythical celestial justice, I sincerely hope she's investigated should the trump train end up in court.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54816 on: June 14, 2019, 01:02:32 pm »
I think that’s more to do with trump actually being a shit show than “Russians hacked the elections”

Anyway as I said agree to disagree, to me if the American people actually cared they would have done something about the election result.

They can't do anything except at election time.  And they have in every election since 2016.

And the entire Republican party is complicit. That will take an election to flush that turd...not an impeachment.

You think Americans are disinterested, but you think they are souring on Trump and turning out for elections for smaller things than the Mueller show? No chance.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54817 on: June 14, 2019, 01:20:32 pm »
New airforce 1 paint job

The Trump shuttle

Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54818 on: June 14, 2019, 01:23:45 pm »
Should just paint it like a giant flying cock, will be more fitting.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54819 on: June 14, 2019, 01:27:07 pm »
They can't do anything except at election time.  And they have in every election since 2016.

And the entire Republican party is complicit. That will take an election to flush that turd...not an impeachment.

You think Americans are disinterested, but you think they are souring on Trump and turning out for elections for smaller things than the Mueller show? No chance.

I think Americans are disinterested in "Russia hacked the election" not that trump is complete shit show. They are 2 separate things.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54820 on: June 14, 2019, 03:08:22 pm »
The data from 2018 is that the growth for democrats is in urban and suburban areas in most states...red, blue or purple. Texas could swing because of it.
In virtually every state, much as it is worldwide, there is an accelerating population shift from rural to urban areas. Rural areas are getting older and dying out as young people move to cities in their state or others and tend to not return. This is shifting the balance of voting considerably. Most states are huge swathes of red representing a decreasing number of people as the cities are firmly blue and growing at pace.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54821 on: June 14, 2019, 03:12:37 pm »
I don't think it's the right-wing that is the real thing people go with. I believe it's primarily a trend that people want to throw career politicians out.

Agree that it's a bit scary. Basically I think a lot of people are disappointed, for whatever reason and in each country you will have someone who can appeal to those voters. As a result you get a mixed bag of everything. You get your Trump who was gonna fix the healthcare, he's been pro and against abortion, he was gonna drain his swamp, build a wall, create a space force, win wars, bring back his clean coal and whatever. He was gonna do it all, nobody knew how and he didn't have to present a plan either. People went with him even if he did all the mistakes one could make as a candidate. This is why I think it's about people voting to get the career politicians out, for anyone. The problem is all is based on being anti something. There's really no idea about a better way, it's all about bringing back some good old times. Trump is just the most obvious example. He tries to bully the rest of the world, more or less all the time, including America's long term allies. It's a recipie for failure in the long run, but it can make Trump and America look strong here and now.
Right on. People were sick and tired of the paradigm and sought to change it. Problem is they were swayed easily into placing their ire at the wrong targets. I do think the completely ineffectual nature of at least this American administration means that people will cotton onto it over time and make a change again after its been proven that the change they were looking for isn't happening with this guy or this party.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54822 on: June 14, 2019, 09:58:27 pm »
I think Americans are disinterested in "Russia hacked the election" not that trump is complete shit show. They are 2 separate things.

How much discussion on TV and in person has been about Mueller and how much about trade wars, Korea, climate, judicial picks or other things? I think Mueller has been on peoples minds more than rocket-man and the other stuff.

His campaign manager is in prison. His lawyer is in prison. His NAt Sec advisor is going to prison. His ass't campaign chairman is going to prison. Even the disinterested gave caught on to these factoids floating around. :)

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54823 on: June 14, 2019, 10:03:04 pm »
US diplomats work around White House gay pride flag ban

US diplomats have been finding creative ways to show support for LGBTQ+ Pride month after the White House banned them from flying the rainbow flag.

Before this year embassies had routinely hoisted the flag - but this year they were required to seek approval from the state department, which reportedly refused all requests.

On Tuesday Vice-President Mike Pence said the ban was the "right decision".

He said there were no restrictions on pride flags elsewhere on the buildings.

The Trump administration has appointed several gay ambassadors and Mr Trump has made a statement celebrating Pride month.

"We're proud to be able to serve every American," Mr Pence told NBC, but "when it comes to the American flagpole, and American embassies, and capitals around the world, one American flag flies."

Mr Pence, an evangelical Christian, opposes gay marriage and has a history of supporting anti-LGBTQ+ legislation.

The ban has been backed by prominent evangelical Trump supporter Franklin Graham, who on Sunday tweeted that the gay pride flag was "offensive to Christians and millions of people of other faiths".

Earlier this month an unnamed diplomat told the Washington Post there was a "category one insurrection" against the rainbow flag ban.

On Thursday the US Embassy in Jerusalem tweeted a photo of its branch office in Tel Aviv - formerly the embassy before President Trump moved it to Jerusalem - decked out in rainbow colours.

It said this was in preparation for Friday's Tel Aviv pride parade.

It was among at least four embassies - the others were Germany, Brazil and Latvia - which were denied permission to fly the rainbow flag, the Guardian reported.

Despite that, the US missions in the South Korean capital Seoul and the Indian city of Chennai hung large rainbow flags on their facades.

The flag in Seoul was taken down on Sunday, local media reported. An embassy spokesperson told Yonhap that the flag had been taken down at the conclusion of the Seoul Queer Culture Festival.

However the various efforts made by US missions to show solidarity with LGBTQ+ people has not pleased everyone.

Norwegian Christian pastor Jan-Aage Torp tweeted a picture of the US embassy in Oslo, saying that the rainbow flag dwarfed the Stars and Stripes.

"Is this ok?" he asked.

Some other embassies and ambassadors have also expressed support for LGBTQ+ Pride.

The US embassy in the Mongolian capital Ulaanbaatar tweeted a picture of a Pride flag on its railings with the Stars and Stripes flying in the background.

Randy Berry, the US ambassador to Nepal, tweeted that he was celebrating Pride month and reaffirmed "the US commitment to defending human rights for all".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48641960

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54824 on: June 14, 2019, 10:26:02 pm »
ABC News@ABC
EXCLUSIVE: Pres. Trump tells @GStephanopoulos he wouldn't necessarily alert the FBI if approached by foreign figures with information on his 2020 opponent: "It’s not an interference. They have information. I think I’d take it." https://abcn.ws/2R8UZp2

::)

Trump retreats on election meddling remarks

President Donald Trump has stepped back from remarks he made about reporting foreign interference in a US political campaign.

He told Fox News he would "of course" refer to the FBI any offer of damaging information about a political opponent.

Mr Trump disputed in another interview aired this week whether the FBI should be notified of such approaches.

Democrats said he was giving Russia the go-ahead to meddle again in the next 2020 presidential election.

On Friday, Mr Trump called into the Fox & Friends show to give a 50-minute live interview.

Asked how he would respond to any offer from another government to help his campaign, Mr Trump said: "Of course, you give it to the FBI or report it to the attorney general or somebody like that."

He continued: "But of course you do that. You couldn't have that happen with our country."

Mr Trump also maintained he would still at least review any such foreign-supplied information.

"Of course, you have to look at it, because if you don't look at it, you won't know it's bad," he said.

In an interview broadcast this week on ABC News, Mr Trump pushed back on whether he should report to law enforcement officials any foreign offer of help for his re-election bid.

Mr Trump said: "If somebody called from a country, Norway, 'we have information on your opponent' - oh, I think I'd want to hear it."

"It's not an interference, they have information," Mr Trump added, "I think I'd take it."

"If I thought there was something wrong, I'd go maybe to the FBI - if I thought there was something wrong."

When the ABC anchor referred to the FBI director telling Congress his agency should be made aware of any such foreign election meddling, Mr Trump said: "The FBI director is wrong."

Even several of the president's fellow Republicans spoke out against his remarks to ABC.

Trump ally Senator Lindsey Graham said the president's comments were "wrong".

Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said the president "does not know right from wrong".

And in a pointed tweet, Federal Election Commission chairwoman Ellen Weintraub clarified the rules.

Link: Federal watchdog recommends Conway be removed from role for Hatch Act violations

I wonder if George will tweet about it!? ::)

During Friday's lengthy interview, given on his 73rd birthday, he dismissed calls from an ethics watchdog to fire top White House aide Kellyanne Conway for engaging in banned political activities.

A US government oversight agency, the Office of Special Counsel, said Mrs Conway's disparaging comments about Democratic presidential candidates violated the Hatch Act.

But Mr Trump told Fox & Friends: "No, I'm not going to fire her. I think she's a terrific person.

"I think you're entitled to free speech in this country."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48625991
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:45:03 pm by ShakaHislop »

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #54825 on: June 14, 2019, 10:46:09 pm »
I wonder what "Mother" has to say about Mike's love for "American flagpoles"...

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54826 on: June 15, 2019, 02:17:36 pm »
Right on. People were sick and tired of the paradigm and sought to change it. Problem is they were swayed easily into placing their ire at the wrong targets. I do think the completely ineffectual nature of at least this American administration means that people will cotton onto it over time and make a change again after its been proven that the change they were looking for isn't happening with this guy or this party.

We'll see who the opponent will be. I reckon all career politicians will lose to Trump, unless something big happens. Something like a serious financial downturn could become problematic for Trump.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54827 on: June 16, 2019, 10:23:34 am »
Trump's latest tweet about Sadiq Khan illustrates how vile this thick excuse for a human being is. Good on BBC News for giving a full 5 minutes to discuss his unacceptable bigotry.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54828 on: June 16, 2019, 01:20:13 pm »

Garrett M. Graff (@vermontgmg)
2019-06-16, 6:05 AM
The thing I can’t ever get over is how little Donald Trump wants to do with his presidency. Imagine getting all this power, the chance to reshape history, and all you want to do is watch Fox & Friends?

He really has nothing better to do than tweet about Bette Midler and the mayor of a foreign city. The man is so uninterested in being president.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54829 on: June 16, 2019, 01:35:20 pm »
The thing I can’t ever get over is how little Donald Trump wants to do with his presidency. Imagine getting all this power, the chance to reshape history, and all you want to do is watch Fox & Friends?

He really has nothing better to do than tweet about Bette Midler and the mayor of a foreign city. The man is so uninterested in being president.

That's a bad take -- he's doing everything he can to reshape history. Massive tax cuts for him and his rich pals, packing the courts with conservatives, relying on Mitch to kill every progressive piece of legislation coming from the house, got two supreme court nominees and may get a third. America (and the world) will be paying the price of his presidency for a generation. It's wishful thinking to expect to go back to normal after he is gone.
---Rilke

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #54830 on: June 16, 2019, 02:08:52 pm »
That's a bad take -- he's doing everything he can to reshape history. Massive tax cuts for him and his rich pals, packing the courts with conservatives, relying on Mitch to kill every progressive piece of legislation coming from the house, got two supreme court nominees and may get a third. America (and the world) will be paying the price of his presidency for a generation. It's wishful thinking to expect to go back to normal after he is gone.

That, with respect, is also a bad take. He’s not doing anything except signing what’s put in front of him. He has no strategy, and probably doesn’t really understand most of the things you mention.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54831 on: June 16, 2019, 02:19:02 pm »
Trump's latest tweet about Sadiq Khan illustrates how vile this thick excuse for a human being is. Good on BBC News for giving a full 5 minutes to discuss his unacceptable bigotry.

Meanwhile In Chicago, according to a Chicago newspaper, on Tuesday 11 people were shot, 7 occurred in a single hour, 2 died. The youngest victims were 13, 14 and 15. On Thursday, 1 died, 6 were wounded, including a 2yr old in a drive by shooting. In total 22 people have been murdered in Chicago this month of which 13 were shootings.

CNN reported 52 shootings and 10 fatalities over the first weekend of the month.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:21:56 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54832 on: June 16, 2019, 02:22:40 pm »
That, with respect, is also a bad take. He’s not doing anything except signing what’s put in front of him. He has no strategy, and probably doesn’t really understand most of the things you mention.

That may be right, but I do think he's motivated enough by his own greed to push for the tax cuts at least without anyone leading him to it. I don't deny his idiocy and his lack of strategy, I just don't think it's right to think that his presidency won't have historical consequences.
---Rilke

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54833 on: June 16, 2019, 02:33:40 pm »

He ain't responsible for anything McConnell is doing. McConnell has been doing this crap for a long long time.

He had all three branches and only got a tax cut done. He is a do nothing president.

His foreign policy? Who knows...

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54834 on: June 16, 2019, 02:36:04 pm »

He lost interest in the presidency the moment he realised it didn't give him absolute power to do whatever the fuck he wanted - especially to his enemies.  He'll grudgingly accept the limitations but he'll never understand why they are there.

Same with his foreign "help" chit chat.  He's been doing that kind of thing for years and doesn't get why you can't do it as a president or in an election.  He just doesn't... GET it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54835 on: June 16, 2019, 02:45:35 pm »
That may be right, but I do think he's motivated enough by his own greed to push for the tax cuts at least without anyone leading him to it. I don't deny his idiocy and his lack of strategy, I just don't think it's right to think that his presidency won't have historical consequences.

I'm honestly asking this: Did the WH write that bill or was it McConnell and/or Ryan?

I have doubts that he breezed in and initiated tax cut legislation to a veteran GOP congress for them to ponder and pass.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54836 on: June 16, 2019, 02:54:09 pm »
I'm honestly asking this: Did the WH write that bill or was it McConnell and/or Ryan?

I have doubts that he breezed in and initiated tax cut legislation to a veteran GOP congress for them to ponder and pass.

Oh I'm sure he didn't write it, but of all the different things that the gop would want to do, I'm sure that's the one that Trump was most happy to go along with.
---Rilke

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54837 on: June 16, 2019, 03:48:09 pm »
Oh I'm sure he didn't write it, but of all the different things that the gop would want to do, I'm sure that's the one that Trump was most happy to go along with.

What about...Obamacare and the wall?
He didn't even get HIS priorities passed with all three...he is a do nothing president. 

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54838 on: June 16, 2019, 03:53:09 pm »
New tariffs came into force on Indian exports today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-48495058

India announces retaliatory trade tariffs against the US

India has said that, from Sunday, it will impose tariffs on 28 US products, including almonds and apples.

The new duties, some as high as 70%, are in response to Washington's refusal to exempt Delhi from higher taxes on steel and aluminium imports.

Earlier this month, US President Trump also announced the US was withdrawing India's preferential trade treatment.

Tariffs of up to 120% were announced by India in June last year, but trade talks had delayed their implementation.

In an announcement on Friday, India's Ministry of Finance said the decision was in the "public interest".

An earlier list had also listed a 29th item - artemia, a type of shrimp - but this was removed.

US-India bilateral trade was worth $142bn (£111bn) in 2018, a sevenfold increase since 2001, according to US figures.

But $5.6n worth of Indian exports - previously duty-free in the US - will be hit now the country has lost preferential treatment under America's Generalized System of Preferences (GSP).

The move is the latest push by the Trump administration to redress what it considers to be unfair trading relationships with other countries.

Tensions have since been rising between the two countries. Last year, India retaliated against US tariff hikes on aluminium and steel by raising its own import duties on a range of goods.

President Trump has also threatened to impose sanctions if India purchases oil from Iran and if it goes ahead with plans to buy Russian S-400 anti-aircraft missiles.

The latest tariffs from India come just days before country's Foreign Minister, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, is due to meet his US counterpart, Mike Pompeo, at a G20 summit in Japan. Mr Trump and India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi are also expected to hold talks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-48650505

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54839 on: June 16, 2019, 05:01:23 pm »
Just slap tariffs on anything Yank produced. Make their businesses suffer.