Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4617502 times)

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Malevolent Orange Ball of Gas. Squirrel!
« Reply #24640 on: April 6, 2017, 10:23:35 am »
So it was "America First" - no more getting involved in foreign affairs, wars or wasting public money, not like that nasty Obama bombing the shit out of everyone! Now it's back to the show then who's boss mentality, because Obama was too soft! But we won't meddle in domestic matters! Just blow the place to smittereens and leave everyone else to pick up the pieces. The hypocrisy is astounding and it'll be intriguing how this plays out with Russia without pissing off his best buddy Putin.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2017, 10:26:19 am by Bunter »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24641 on: April 6, 2017, 01:16:42 pm »
Morning Joe has it that Bannon was removed, against his wishes, from the NSC and is having a tantrum about it - threatening to leave the administration etc. Joe said that Trump's been telling friends a shake-up is coming.

May lead to some amusement watching the frogs turn on Trump.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #24642 on: April 6, 2017, 02:16:39 pm »
I think Susan Rice is gorgeous.

They could lock me up with her.

Just stay away from her lovely sister, Pilau.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #24643 on: April 6, 2017, 02:45:12 pm »
Robert Costa‏ @costareports 8s9 seconds ago
I'm on phone w/ Nunes. He confirms he's no longer leading the Russia probe but *remains* chairman of the Intel committee.

Robert Costa‏ @costareports 29s30 seconds ago
Why now? Nunes is facing ethics complaints about how he has handled classified information. His attys already working with him on that...
« Last Edit: April 6, 2017, 02:52:26 pm by Chakan »

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #24644 on: April 6, 2017, 02:54:06 pm »
Robert Costa‏Verified account @costareports 8s9 seconds ago

I'm on phone w/ Nunes. He confirms he's no longer leading the Russia probe but *remains* chairman of the Intel committee.
And being replaced by Trey Gowdy, who probably is just as much if not more of an asshat.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24645 on: April 6, 2017, 03:35:32 pm »
Robert Costa‏ @costareports 8s9 seconds ago

Robert Costa‏ @costareports 29s30 seconds ago
Why now? Nunes is facing ethics complaints about how he has handled classified information. His attys already working with him on that...

Jeez. Imagine ruining your career to support a crazy old guy's mad saturday morning twitter rants.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24646 on: April 6, 2017, 03:43:01 pm »
A perfect example of what Trump hears to what people actually say.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politics/elijah-cummings-donald-trump-best-president/index.html

(CNN)A Democratic lawmaker denied Thursday that he told President Donald Drumpf he "will go down as one of the great presidents in the history of our country," disputing the President's version of a conversation between the two.

In an interview published Wednesday, Trump told the New York Times that Rep. Elijah Cummings made the comments to him in the Oval Office.
"Elijah Cummings [a Democratic representative from Maryland] was in my office and he said, 'You will go down as one of the great presidents in the history of our country,'" Trump said.

"Really," replied NYT reporter Maggie Haberman, who also is a CNN political analyst.
"And then he went out and I watched him on television yesterday and I said, 'Was that the same man?'" the President said.

But Cummings -- a frequent Trump critic -- told CNN he had a different recollection of the conversation.
"During my meeting with the President and on several occasions since then, I have said repeatedly that he could be a great president if ... IF ... he takes steps to truly represent ALL Americans rather than continuing on the divisive and harmful path he is currently on," Cummings told CNN Thursday in a statement.

During a March meeting about prescription drug prices at the White House, Cummings offered Trump "a road map for changing his ways to help all Americans," according to Jennifer Werner, communications director for the House oversight committee's Democrats.
The advice included asking Trump to investigate voter suppression instead of voter fraud, back legislation to reduce the prices being charged for prescription drugs and "immediately stopping his horrible language about the black community" and "the immigrant community" among other issues.
"He told the President that if he represented all Americans, he would have tremendous potential and that he should start leading instead of tweeting," Werner told CNN.

While Cummings was one of the most high-profile Democrats who chose not to boycott Trump's inauguration, he has spoken out repeatedly against the President since then -- particularly about Trump's words and policies toward minorities.
This isn't the first time Trump has made a claim that Cummings has disputed.
In February, Trump accused Cummings at a news conference of backing out of a meeting. Cummings responded at the time in a statement saying: "I have no idea why President Trump would make up a story about me like he did today."

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24647 on: April 6, 2017, 03:47:12 pm »
Steve Bannon attended today's NSC meeting after being kicked off yesterday.

Technically, this is known as doing a Costanza on it.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #24649 on: April 6, 2017, 05:19:45 pm »
My guess is that The Blond Bumshell has realized his presidency without cobbled GOP initiatives is destined for failure.

Round to Prince Rebus.
Kill the humourless

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #24650 on: April 6, 2017, 05:30:22 pm »
 :tosser :tosser

Nunes steps down from US election Russian hacking probe

The head of a key US congressional investigation into alleged Russian hacking has temporarily stepped down amid an ethics inquiry into him.

House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes is now himself under investigation by the House Ethics.

If you are Interested, BBC

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #24651 on: April 6, 2017, 06:12:35 pm »
:tosser :tosser

Nunes steps down from US election Russian hacking probe

The head of a key US congressional investigation into alleged Russian hacking has temporarily stepped down amid an ethics inquiry into him.

House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes is now himself under investigation by the House Ethics.

If you are Interested, BBC

Looking forward to seeing how Spicer spins this one.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24652 on: April 6, 2017, 06:49:08 pm »
John Stossel: It's time to stick a fork in the EPA

FOX News
John Stossel
1 day ago

"Trump may have just signed a death warrant for our planet!" warns CNN host Van Jones.

"Disaster for Clean Water, Air," says the Environmental Working Group.

Give me a break.

Regulation zealots and much of the media are furious because President Donald Drumpf canceled Barack Obama's attempt to limit carbon dioxide emissions. But Trump did the right thing.

CO2 is what we exhale. It's not a pollutant. It is, however, a greenhouse gas, and such gases increase global warming. It's possible that this will lead to a spiral of climate change that will destroy much of Earth!

But probably not. The science is definitely not settled.

Either way, Obama's expensive regulation wouldn't make a discernible difference. By 2030 -- if it met its goal -- it might cut global carbon emissions by 1 percent.

The Earth will not notice.

However, people who pay for heat and electricity would notice. The Obama rule demanded power plants emit less CO2. Everyone would pay more -- for no useful reason.

I say "would" because the Supreme Court put a "stay" on the regulation, saying there may be no authority for it.

So Trump proposes a sensible cut: He'll dump an Obama proposal that was already dumped by courts. He'd also reduce Environmental Protection Agency spending by 31 percent.

Good!

Some of what regulators do now resembles the work of sadists who like crushing people. In Idaho, Jack and Jill Barron tried to build a house on their own property. Jack got permission from his county. So they started building.

They got as far as the foundation when the EPA suddenly declared that the Barrons' property was a "wetland."

Some of their land was wet. But that was only because state government had not maintained its own land, adjacent to the Barrons' property, and water backed up from the state's land to the Barrons'.

The EPA suddenly said, "You are building on a wetland!" and filed criminal charges against them. Felonies. When government does that, most of us cringe and give up. It costs too much to fight the state. Government regulators seem to have unlimited time and nearly unlimited money.

But Jack was mad enough to fight. He spent $200,000 on his own lawyers.

Three years later, a jury cleared Jack of all charges.

But even that didn't stop the EPA.

Jill Barron told me, "We won, but after we were home for a month maybe, the Army Corps of Engineers and the EPA sent us another letter saying, 'how nice for you that you won in the criminal court, but we still feel it's a wetlands.' And the decision made by the jury did not matter to them. 'And if you don't get off the property, we're going to fine you (in) civil (court).'"

The EPA threatened a fine of $37,500 a day.

The Barrons sold their home and moved into a trailer.

"We'll be bankrupt, obviously." Jill told me, "You have no idea what you're up against. You don't know the power that is the EPA."

So I'm glad that Trump wants to limit the EPA. Scott Pruitt, the agency's new director, understands that bureaucrats often abuse their power. When he was Oklahoma attorney general, he sued the EPA 13 times for regulatory overreach.

I hope he cuts the bureaucrats back to proper size.

The agency was necessary in 1970, when it was created. At the time, cities dumped whatever we flushed into nearby waterways -- with no treatment.

Smokestacks filled the air with actual pollutants: soot, sulfur dioxide, etc. In New York City, we didn't dare leave windows open because filth would blow in.

The EPA required sewage treatment, scrubbers in smokestacks and catalytic converters in car exhaust systems. The regulations worked. America's air and water is cleaner than it's been for decades. I can even swim in the Hudson River, right next to millions of people -- who are still flushing.

Now, in a rational world, the EPA would say, "Stick a fork in it, it's done! EPA now stands for 'Enough Protection Already.'" But bureaucracies never say they're done. "Done" means bureaucrats are out of work. Can't have that.

So politicians keep adding unnecessary new rules and keep harassing people like the Barrons.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/john-stossel-its-time-to-stick-a-fork-in-the-epa/ar-BBzrJel?ocid=SK216DHP

Fucking joke of a Network.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2017, 06:55:16 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #24653 on: April 6, 2017, 07:35:53 pm »
So supposedly Bannon calls Kushner a "cuck" and a "globalist" behind his back. Also a former Trump advisor is suggesting Kushner is leaking anti-Bannon stories to the press.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/06/steve-bannon-calls-jared-kushner-a-cuck-and-globalist-behind-his-back.html

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24654 on: April 6, 2017, 09:06:48 pm »
So supposedly Bannon calls Kushner a "cuck" and a "globalist" behind his back. Also a former Trump advisor is suggesting Kushner is leaking anti-Bannon stories to the press.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/06/steve-bannon-calls-jared-kushner-a-cuck-and-globalist-behind-his-back.html

I always thought cuck was just a buzzword used by angry manchildren on 4chan, i'd cringe so hard if I heard a grown man say it in real life
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24655 on: April 6, 2017, 09:11:26 pm »
If there's a battle between Bannon and kushner Bannon has no chance, not just for the family link but kushner cares about the dollars, Bannon about the whackos

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #24656 on: April 6, 2017, 09:13:00 pm »
Now hang on.... Twitter is suing the US government..

The government has apparently demanded records of an anti trump account .

More to this I suspect, but very very interesting..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #24657 on: April 6, 2017, 10:28:48 pm »

So he is going from calling Obama foolish for considering action in Syria to contemplating military action?

That would be the biggest smoke-screen for his corrupt ineptitude yet.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #24658 on: April 6, 2017, 10:32:13 pm »
Bannon's now claiming a Republican Megadonor (Mercer) asked him to stay (Politico)

Wouldn't surprise me. The in-fighting and jockeying for Trump's ear is over the top. That said, until this last election campaign, I don't think I had ever heard of the term 'globalist' before. Seems to be massively pushed through by the alt-right crowd in every bot filled comment section of most major media sources that don't have decent moderation.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24659 on: April 6, 2017, 10:46:25 pm »
Putin: Gay Icon

To supporters, Russian President Vladimir Putin is his country's savior. To his opponents, he's little more than a relentless tyrant. In the Wikileaks diplomatic cables, he is likened to cartoon superhero Batman; US business magazine Forbes has just chosen him as one of the most influential people on the planet. Yet there is one thing that pretty much no one has claimed before: That the ruler of the world's largest country (by land), with 143 million inhabitants, nuclear weapons and huge quantities of natural resources, is in reality a pathetic weakling.

But Moscow political scientist Stanislav Belkovsky, 42, has alleged exactly that in his new book, whose subtitle promises no less than "the whole truth about Putin." Russian publishers steered clear of the scandalous work, and Belkovsky has stood out for years, popping up again and again with his impudent and salacious claims about Putin. A not small number of people even believe that the reporter is given protection by high-ranking members of the Russian intelligence community.

Belkovsky, the star columnist at a Moscow tabloid, believes the key to understanding Putin lies in his unhappy childhood.

"The small Vladimir, who grew up practically without a father and without the love and care of his parents, was a withdrawn and grim child," the political scientist wrote. According to this version of events, Putin was born the son of an alcoholic two years before his official birth date. His mother had moved to Georgia with Vladimir, only for the child to be shunted off to what was then called Leningrad a short time later to the couple who would become the official parents of the future president.

Belkovsky is unable to provide proof, such as extracts from the registry of births, to back this up. Instead, he talks darkly about the mysterious death of a well-known investigative journalist who had been trying to unravel the mystery surrounding Putin's birth before he was killed in a private jet crash. According to Belkovsky, Putin has spent his entire adult life in search of a surrogate family. In Boris Yeltsin, he saw a surrogate father and in the oligarch and football club owner Roman Abramovich, an orphan, he saw a surrogate brother.

Putin Flees from People

Further, Belkovsky writes, Putin was a deeply lonely politician who almost had to be forced into the presidency, was pressured to take decisions and who preferred to spend his free time with animals out of a fear of people. The many macho photos which show Putin flying with snow cranes or posing with tigers he supposedly anaesthetized himself are not part of a cynical PR campaign but rather grant a deep look into the soul of the president, he argues. "Therein lies the real Putin. He flees from people and his obligations to nature," Belkovsky wrote. "Here we have Vladimir's best friends; the Labrador Conny and the Bulgarian shepherd dog Buffy, his only roommates in the presidential residence."

That is cheap pseudo-psychology. But Western intelligence agencies, diplomats and experts on Russia are interested in two parts of Belkovsky's theories in particular: Putin's supposed fabulous wealth and his sex life. According to Belkovsky, Putin's alleged affair with beautiful former gymnast and Olympic champion Alina Kabaeva was nothing more than an invention of his PR advisors. They painted a picture of Putin as "macho and (a) sex bomb" in order to conceal, as Belkovsky speculates, that for him "sex and a sex life are alien" or even that he is "latently gay."

A 2007 photo shot at which Putin's reputation as a "gay icon" was apparently established supposedly serves as evidence for this gay speculation, as it was a "truly erotic photo session in which Putin and Prince Albert of Monaco posed topless with their fishing rods in their hands." Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov flatly rejected this accusation, just like the speculation over his alleged wealth or the forgery of his birth date. "Belkovsky's remarks are lacking any basis, or as we say it in Russia: They are total rubbish," Peskov said.

Belkovsky himself seems to be aware he is skating on thin ice with his speculation over the Kremlin chief's possible homosexual proclivities, he writes, "for the lawyers among my readers," it should be noted that "a cult figure among homosexuals is not automatically a homosexual himself."

Belkovsky also dedicates numerous pages to the private lives of Putin's two daughters, Mariya, 28, and 27-year-old Ekaterina, who the president has always tried to protect from the public eye. Mariya was romantically involved with a Dutch architect. When he was forced into a ditch by the armored motorcade of a Moscow banker, it took only 15 minutes for the culprits to be arrested. The commander of this lightning-speed operation was later appointed interior minister by Putin, while the banker, who was immediately sentenced to seven years in prison, now "has adequate opportunity to reflect on the quiet Dutch architect," Belkovsky wrote.

Luxury Villa on the Black Sea

Putin's second daughter, Yekaterina, lives together with the son of Nikolai Shamalov, a longtime friend of Putin. Shamalov is known in German-Russian business circles as mediating large deals between the Russian authorities and the West, earning his money making deals in the medical industry.

At the end of 2010, one of Shamalov's business partners claimed in an open letter to the then-President Dmitriy Medvedev that not far from the city of Sochi, where the Winter Olympics are due to take place next year, a palace costing hundreds of millions of euros was being built "for the private use of Putin." It was alleged that Shamalov financed the construction as a kind of trustee for Putin. Putin's spokesman responded promptly, saying the Russian president had nothing to do with the magnificent building on the Black Sea. Belkovsky now claims that the palace was intended for Putin's daughter Ekaterina and her husband, Shamalov's son. Shamalov has said that his company does not comment on private matters.

Fiction and truth are never far apart in Belkovsky's book. When he writes of rumors that Putin was seriously ill at the turn of the century, he states that drunken members of the president's bodyguard backed up the theory. They supposedly told Belkovsky that the president is occasionally replaced by body doubles to "hide his chronic illnesses and his health problems."

Belkovsky weathered the storm following his interview with the German newspaper Die Welt in 2007 in which he accused Putin of benefitting from corporate investments worth billions of dollars.

It is not the truth about Putin himself which Belkovsky's book reveals, but rather the Putin system: Information and disinformation merge seamlessly into each other. The assurances of those in power have not held sway over a suspicious populace for a long time now. That is why conspiracy theories flourish, and that is why Russians consider almost anything possible no matter how insane it seems. Belkovsky can be considered to be either a little crazy or a business-minded manipulator whose "utterances are always well paid for by someone in advance," as another political scientist put it.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/new-book-on-vladimir-putin-claims-russian-president-flees-from-people-a-936801.html
Kill the humourless

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24660 on: April 6, 2017, 11:32:22 pm »
So....world war 3 beckons then. All it took was a few months.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #24661 on: April 6, 2017, 11:36:44 pm »

But.....but.....think of Crooked Hilary and the emails!....
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #24662 on: April 7, 2017, 12:17:47 am »
What? Did something come out of the Xi meeting?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24663 on: April 7, 2017, 12:24:31 am »
What? Did something come out of the Xi meeting?

Nah. USA is considering military options to remove Assad.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #24664 on: April 7, 2017, 12:26:37 am »
Nah. USA is considering military options to remove Assad.

I really don't think the US is going to go to war with Russia over Assad.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24665 on: April 7, 2017, 12:59:35 am »
I really don't think the US is going to go to war with Russia over Assad.

The worrying thing is if they have the wrong Intel.

And they send Tomahawks missiles in or something and a building they hit is full of Russian Troops or its Russian planes on the runway.

Not saying WW3 but things will get out of hand very quickly.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24666 on: April 7, 2017, 01:10:44 am »
Fucking depressing loss...... erm draw last night!

Preet Bharara Links Firing to Trump Team’s ‘Helter-Skelter Incompetence’

The New York Times
By BENJAMIN WEISER and WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM
1 hr ago

Nearly a month after he was fired by the Trump administration, Preet Bharara, the former United States attorney in Manhattan, remains mystified by the circumstances of his ouster, saying he had never been told why President Trump changed his mind about wanting him to stay on.

In his first interview since he was forced out, Mr. Bharara said this week that his firing was part and parcel of what he characterized as the chaos that has defined some of the administration’s decisions.

He called it “a direct example of the kind of uncertain helter-skelter incompetence, when it comes to personnel decisions and executive actions, that was in people’s minds when this out-of-the-blue call for everyone’s resignation letter came.”

Mr. Bharara, an appointee of President Barack Obama, was among 46 United States attorneys who were asked on March 10 to submit their resignations. The directive was not especially unusual; all presidents choose their own candidates for United States attorney positions, and invariably ask holdover prosecutors to leave.

But Mr. Bharara’s inclusion in the request came as a surprise, since he had been asked on Nov. 30 by Mr. Trump, the president-elect at the time, to remain in his post.

Speculating about the reasons for Mr. Bharara’s firing became a kind of parlor game for a time in some legal circles, with questions about whether the president may have been trying to block investigations focused on his friends and associates. Those inquiries include one into the way Fox News handled payments related to sexual harassment accusations under Roger Ailes, its former chairman, and another focused on stock trades by Tom Price, Mr. Trump’s secretary of health and human services.

A Justice Department spokesman declined to comment on why Mr. Bharara was among those dismissed despite Mr. Trump’s earlier request that he stay.

In his seven years as the United States attorney for the Southern District of New York, Mr. Bharara established a reputation for prosecuting public corruption cases and for investigating insider trading. He declined to discuss the office’s current investigations, but he said he did not know whether his firing was related to any particular case. Still, he expressed some disbelief over how his removal was handled.

When a top Justice Department official called him on March 10 to ask for his resignation, Mr. Bharara said he thought it was a mistake. He said it took nearly 24 hours before Justice Department officials could finally tell him whether the president actually wanted him fired.

“Literally, no one was giving us an answer to that question,” Mr. Bharara said.

Mr. Bharara spoke to The New York Times on Monday, his first day as a distinguished scholar in residence at New York University School of Law. On Thursday night, he is to deliver a lecture at The Cooper Union in Manhattan.

He said he was uncertain about his plans, but reiterated that he had no interest in seeking public office. He has had some time to contemplate life after being a prosecutor; in the interview, he said he initially expected that, like all United States attorneys, he would be asked to resign once Mr. Trump took office, a request that he said would have been “perfectly appropriate.”

His expectations began to change on Nov. 16, when he said he received a call from Senator Chuck Schumer, Democrat of New York, for whom he had once worked as chief counsel and who had recommended him to Mr. Obama for the United States attorney post.

Mr. Schumer told Mr. Bharara he had gotten a call from Mr. Trump during which the president-elect said he wanted Mr. Bharara to stay on. That led to a meeting on Nov. 30, on the 26th floor at Trump Tower. Jared Kushner, Mr. Trump’s son-in-law, and Stephen K. Bannon, his chief strategist, were waiting, Mr. Bharara said.

When Mr. Trump entered the room 10 to 15 minutes later, Mr. Bharara recalled, he quipped, “This guy gets better press than me.” Mr. Trump said he had read for years about the office’s work under Mr. Bharara, and praised its accomplishments.

Mr. Bharara said he spoke briefly about his office, emphasizing that it prized its independence, and that he presumed that was why Mr. Trump wanted him to stay. He would be honored, he said he told Mr. Trump, to continue in the job.

At the meeting, Mr. Bharara said, Mr. Trump asked for his phone numbers, a request that Mr. Bharara found unusual. He nonetheless scribbled them down on a yellow sticky note, which he left on Mr. Trump’s desk.

As the meeting ended, Mr. Bharara said that Mr. Trump told him to tell reporters in the lobby about the decision.

Mr. Bharara said he had gone over what he planned to say in the lobby with Mr. Kushner and Mr. Bannon, and that both had given their assent. Mr. Bharara said Mr. Bannon had also asked that he call Jeff Sessions, at the time a Republican senator from Alabama whom Mr. Trump had picked as his nominee for attorney general.

Standing at the elevator bank before going downstairs, Mr. Bharara said he had called Mr. Sessions and had an “equally positive and enthusiastic” conversation.

Soon, Mr. Bharara was downstairs addressing reporters, telling them that Mr. Trump had asked him to stay on and that he had agreed to do so.

About two weeks later, Mr. Bharara said he received a message that Mr. Trump had called.

Mr. Bharara said he consulted with senior aides, including his deputy, Joon H. Kim, and that they had concluded there was no ethical problem with returning the call because Mr. Trump was not yet president. “The consensus was that I can return the call,” he said, “and just to be certain that we don’t talk about any case.”

During the brief conversation, Mr. Trump raised no problematic topics and said he was just “checking in,” Mr. Bharara recalled. The president-elect asked if he had spoken with Mr. Sessions, and Mr. Bharara said he had. Mr. Trump seemed pleased.

Afterward, Mr. Bharara said he called Brian Benczkowski, who led the Justice Department transition team, to inform him of the call.

On Jan. 18, two days before Mr. Trump’s inauguration, Mr. Bharara learned that he had called again. Mr. Bharara said he spoke to his senior aides and later advised Mr. Benczkowski.

This conversation was also brief and innocuous, Mr. Bharara said, adding that Mr. Trump mentioned that he was working on his inaugural address and that his theme would be unity.

The timing of a third call, on March 9, might suggest that Mr. Trump was reaching out to Mr. Bharara before the request for the mass resignations became public. But the actual purpose of the call was unclear; Mr. Bharara did not return it.

He said he had consulted with Mr. Kim again and that they had reviewed two memos, issued by the Justice Department in 2007 and 2009, related to communications with the White House.

He concluded that prudence as well as the written policy counseled against his speaking directly to the president.

“I do not think it is wise for a sitting president to try cultivating a personal telephonic relationship with a sitting U.S. attorney, especially one with a certain jurisdiction,” he said, an apparent reference to Trump Tower’s location within the Southern District.

That evening, Mr. Bharara said, he spoke with Mr. Sessions’s chief of staff, Jody Hunt, and suggested that Mr. Sessions might want to counsel the president about contacting a sitting United States attorney directly.

Mr. Bharara said he had seen firsthand what could happen when the Justice Department became politicized. As a Senate staff member, he had helped to lead the Senate Judiciary Committee’s investigation into the firings of up to nine United States attorneys around the country during President George W. Bush’s administration.

Moreover, Mr. Bharara said that taking the president’s call could potentially have opened them both to the kind of criticism that Mr. Trump raised during the presidential campaign after President Bill Clinton met Attorney General Loretta Lynch on an airport tarmac in Phoenix while the F.B.I. was investigating his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

“I mean, either way,” Mr. Bharara said, sketching out a broad hypothetical, “people would say: ‘All we know is the president called Preet. Preet only has his job because the president bizarrely asked him to stay. And you know what? Preet didn’t charge that guy. Preet didn’t open that investigation. They must have made a deal.’”

The next day, the phone calls went out from the acting deputy attorney general, Dana J. Boente, informing Mr. Bharara and the other prosecutors to tender their resignations immediately.

Mr. Bharara said he spent the rest of the day trying to determine whether the request applied to him.

Mr. Boente called again the next morning, and said he understood that Mr. Bharara was not submitting a letter of resignation. Mr. Bharara confirmed that report.

Mr. Boente soon called back, and Mr. Bharara remembered asking, “‘I want to know: Is the president firing me?’ That’s all. It seems like a very easy question.’”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/preet-bharara-links-firing-to-trump-team%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98helter-skelter-incompetence%E2%80%99/ar-BBzv14d?ocid=SK216DHP
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 01:21:28 am by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #24667 on: April 7, 2017, 01:26:45 am »
A picture speaks a thousand words including The Guardian's article for the Xi-Trump meeting in Florida

« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 01:28:28 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24668 on: April 7, 2017, 02:23:02 am »
The worrying thing is if they have the wrong Intel.

And they send Tomahawks missiles in or something and a building they hit is full of Russian Troops or its Russian planes on the runway.

Not saying WW3 but things will get out of hand very quickly.

And that's exactly what they seem to have done...

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #24669 on: April 7, 2017, 02:40:14 am »

:no

"United States Navy boat fired 50 tomahawk cruise missiles into Homs, Syria aimed specifically at aircraft and buildings."

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #24670 on: April 7, 2017, 02:49:45 am »
I don't have a fucking clue what's happening. Genuinely. It's all just batshit fucking mental.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24671 on: April 7, 2017, 02:52:13 am »
And so it starts...

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24672 on: April 7, 2017, 02:55:35 am »
CNN are saying they didn't tell Russia before hand.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 02:57:49 am by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #24673 on: April 7, 2017, 03:00:30 am »

Marco Rubio:

"I don't believe this is a message, this is actually a tactical action that furthers an objective."

"That is the airfield from which the chemical attacks were launched. It's a critical point in a part of the country where they are battling rebels in the southern part of Syria."

"I think this is an important, decisive step that was taken, it is not a message."

"It is a degrading of the capability of the Syrian regime to carry out further chemical attacks against innocent civilians."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24674 on: April 7, 2017, 03:00:45 am »
The stupid, arrogant, oompa-loompa-looking Biff Tannen fuckwit.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #24675 on: April 7, 2017, 03:17:33 am »
The question now is, whether this is a one off strike, or whether it's the start of a decapitation strategy.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24676 on: April 7, 2017, 03:23:57 am »
Hillary Clinton came out with a statement on Thursday saying that America should take out Assad's airfields. So it's safe to assume that she would have done something similar if she was President as well.

Essentially it doesn't matter who's President really in that regard.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 03:53:08 am by Caligula? »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24677 on: April 7, 2017, 03:24:10 am »
The question now is, whether this is a one off strike, or whether it's the start of a decapitation strategy.

In the speech he just gave he asked all nations to join him.

Doesn't sound like a one of strike.

CNN saying there were Russians at the base.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24678 on: April 7, 2017, 03:24:14 am »
It's a one off. I don't like trump but don't mind him doing this - I reckon there's a lot of people who will think like that.in political terms it was a great opportunity to be the hero and he doesn't say no to a chance like that.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24679 on: April 7, 2017, 03:25:35 am »